SHARE!!!! What cute things is your little one doing??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 01-17-2003, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just noticing over the last few days how CUTE ds#2 is. He is so freaking FUNNY too.

1. When he says yes to something he shakes his head "no" and says "mmmhm"

2. spins in circle and try to walk! (always has got me laughing when kids do this)

3. we hold hands at dinner and say what we are thankful for... he does it too!

4. he says "I like it"

5. he is always trying to do a sumersault! (sp)

6. dances to music

7. he loves being chased around the house!

8. HE LOVES TO NURSE!!!!

OK THAT IS ALL FOR NOW!

Heather H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#2 of 35 Old 01-17-2003, 04:09 AM

Ever since my now 2 year old was able, he'd pull up his shirt when he nursed so we could be belly to belly. He'd smush his belly into mine, then he started pulling up his pant legs to press his legs against my belly. We're trying to teach our kids (and us) spanish. I'm going to spell this wrong but, to say "that's so funny" in spanish it's "Eso es tan chistoso", so if he finds something funny he says "that's so cheese toast".

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
#3 of 35 Old 01-17-2003, 07:13 PM

DD gives her bears rides on her rocking horse

She wants to play in the exersaucer even though she is way too big for it

she takes a picture of herself and rocks it in her arms and says baby

And the other night she was trying to look at the spot a falshlight was making that she had tucked under her arm backwards. So she kept turning towards it and the spot would move. DH and I were crakcing up because she was sooooooooo cute.
#4 of 35 Old 01-17-2003, 08:08 PM

This am, ds put the cat's front paws on either shoulder and gave him a little huggle. Then he gave dh a huggle, and then i got one too
#5 of 35 Old 01-18-2003, 02:10 AM

A big, huge exaggerated shrug to accompany "I don't know."
#6 of 35 Old 01-18-2003, 02:18 AM

Dancing to music by squatting up and down, swaying side to side, or my personal favorite - the head bang if he is in his carseat.

He says wow to the funniest things.

He gives kisses, and pats my back when we hug.

He's trying to learn to jump, and is just not able to get both feet off the ground yet, but it is darn cute watching him try.

He picks up dh's baseball hats and puts them on sideways and backwards.

He pulls sheets or towels over his head and waits until we ask where he is, then tears it off.

When he eats something he likes he says "mmmmm".
#7 of 35 Old 01-18-2003, 04:16 AM

Dd (2 1/2) is getting so compassionate:

If I am upset or annoyed about something (often her!), she says, "Be happy, like me!". Usually gets her at least a smile, if not a hug!

For the strangest things (like not having to put salsa on her burrito), she'll say, "Thanks, Mommy" & give me a big hug!

She really looks out for other kids (unless they are fighting over something) & makes sure they are ok if anything happens.

She likes to pretend she's paying for things. She will walk around behind a stool or chair & say, "chaching!" as she puts the "money" in the till.

There's so much more I can't think of right now.
She's so cool!

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
#8 of 35 Old 01-18-2003, 04:25 AM

Okay, here are some cute things...

1. Her newest phrase is "I'm freaking out," as in "Mama, I'm freaking out over milk!"

2. She requests songs by as much of the lyrics as she can remember in a sequence, as in, "Dada, play 'I Get a Kick Every Time I See You Standing There Before Me?"

3. She loves reciting -- for no reason I can figure out -- this one part in "Jack and the Beanstalk." She'll pipe up from the back seat and I'll hear her say, "Jack, are you such a dolt, such an idiot, as to trade my Milky-White, the best milker in the parish, for a set of paltry beans? Off with you to bed!"

She makes me laugh.

Baudelaire and dd 12-14-00 (TWO already! )
#9 of 35 Old 01-18-2003, 09:34 AM

Sam turns into an airplane by stretching his arms out behind him. This is usually accompanied by, "Mommy, my zooming" or "Mommy, my flying." I don't think he has ever said "I."

He also call things "big heavy" if they are really big. He is always ready to let you know that , "my good boy" or "my strong boy."

When I was sick with strep throat, he crawled onto my lap, peeled my mouth open and asked if there were monsters in there. I discovered that the reason we get sick is that monsters invade our bodies.

He really likes "Lilo and Stich". One day we caught him calling someone a "stupidhead." It was funny and actually appropriate for the situation, but we had to tell him that we don't call people that.

After bath he likes to lay on the floor so that he can hide under the bath towel. Whoever bathes him is supposed to ask who he is hiding from. The bathgiver is then supposed to open the door and say, "Mommy (or whoever), I can't find Sam!) He is terrible at hiding. He giggles the entire time.

We tend to watch everthing with amazement. He really knows how to make us laugh.
#10 of 35 Old 01-18-2003, 07:10 PM

This is too fun!

My 15 mos-old dd is learning new words at the speed of light, and wants to know the words for everything. She constantly is going around pointing at things, saying "Zat? Zat?" Meaning "What's that?" She never tires of knowing the words for everything.

She stays with my mom for a hour or so every morning while I teach a class, and the other day I went to pick her up and she had the worst smelling diaper! I picked her up and she said "Stinky!" She sure was! That's her newest word everytime we change her diaper, and it makes me laugh everytime she says it.

Also, the other day, she picked up her stuffed kitty, hugged it to her, and the started rocking back and forth and patting it's back. Can you tell she spends some time rocking with us in the rocking chair?

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#11 of 35 Old 01-18-2003, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stacymom
She stays with my mom for a hour or so every morning while I teach a class, and the other day I went to pick her up and she had the worst smelling diaper! I picked her up and she said "Stinky!" She sure was! That's her newest word everytime we change her diaper, and it makes me laugh everytime she says it.
LOL! That reminds me...dd has recently started noticing when "toots" smell. She will say, "I/you tooted! I'm sniffing!". It's really cute. The other day, though, we were visiting my sister & her new baby in the hospital (he was recovering from some surgery) & she started coming up behind me & sniffing right at my butt, saying "You're stinky, you have a stinky bum!" ! I think the nurses & other visitors found it amusing, even if I didn't at the time!

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
#12 of 35 Old 01-18-2003, 09:06 PM

He loves to hide under a blanket and when I say "where's peter?" he says "i'm hiding!" we both laugh of course.

Big brother is learning about knock knock jokes so Peter will say "knock knock" and when I say who's there he either says "knock knock"again or "peter!" or somethig else cute.

He got a Barbie doll for chirstmas and when he took her clothes off he touches her breast and says "barbie has milkies!"
#13 of 35 Old 01-19-2003, 02:22 AM

:LOL :LOL :LOL

Way cute!!!

Our ds(18mos).....

is obsessed with balls. He will say football as his first word in the morning!

will constantly throw a ball at either us, or his little hoop in our livg rm.

he swings his arms like he is batting,throwing a pass,and funniest...

he will use anything as a golfclub....is constantly putting....even at the park

he picked up a stick and whacked a pinecone!

he wags his tongue and *pants* like a dog when he sees any animal.

he makes engine like noises when he sees any car,truck,plane,etc

he will bring me his nursie blanket when he wants to nurse, and will say

"sssssss...." which means nursies!

he takes his snacks-real snacks-into his little kitchen and plays with them,

like he is doing serious food prep....then eats them!

he opens his mouth real big for kisses and pats our shoulders as hugs us.

he makes the most adorible little squeeky sounds as he nurses in the night!

:LOL :LOL

mamapoppins
#14 of 35 Old 01-20-2003, 01:10 AM

When I take ds to his toddler gym classes, instead of participating in circle time, he and his class clown buddy enjoy a game of making farting noises on the mats. :
#15 of 35 Old 01-20-2003, 08:15 AM

I was reading my 16 month oldd dd a book about shapes. When we got to the octagon, she pointed to it proudly and exclaimed, "Octaboo!"

Amy, mom to Tsuneo, 09/12/01
#16 of 35 Old 01-20-2003, 11:39 AM

I have an 18 mo dd who:

dances naked with her dress shoes on so they can make a tapping noise!

sings whenever there is music on. She knows the Barney song and sings " I love you, you love me, la la la la la ....." It is sooooo cute! (we don't watch Barney but her older sister started singing her the song at birth)

rocks her La La doll and her Pooh bear in the rocking chair, holding them close and patting their backs.

LOVES balls and must carry daddy's regulation size football wherever we go (grocery store, etc)

LOVES to play dress up. She will put on dh's & my clothes pick up a bag or purse and tell us bye, bye. Then she will go stand at the door with her back to us for a minute or so then turn around, walk back in the room and say, "hello!".

She puts her stuffed animals in the baby swing that she is too big for now and swings them.

Says MMMMMMMMMMM when she gives you a kiss
#17 of 35 Old 01-20-2003, 04:57 PM

DD 14mo

she grabs handfulls of dog food from the dish at gramma's house and follow the dog around feeding him one peice of food at a time. The dog obediantly takes his one peice at a time and waits for his next one...too cute

She has started trying to do that with out cat here at home, unfortunaly the cat fails to see the humor in this and walks away...DD just follows her :LOL

DD will also go up te the cat and make kissing noises, go right up to the cat's mouth and kiss her, she still won't give me kisses on the mouth though:
#18 of 35 Old 01-20-2003, 06:06 PM

My 17 month old son really cracks us up!

He points to the cats' wet food and says "guck!"

Lately, anything that he can hold to his ear is a phone. He says "eh oh" then jabbers away, and finishes with "ba"

Yesterday he was naked and crawling in circles on the bed, meowing like a cat.

He likes to participate in adult conversations (especially loud "party" conversation) by raising his voice and laughing this fakey LOUD "ha ha ha ha ha" laugh.

Whenever he finds a picture of a violin or viola, he takes it to my viola case (and pitches a fit until I get it out and let him strum the strings)

He loves to brush his teeth with the battery "spinner" toothbrush.
#19 of 35 Old 01-20-2003, 06:27 PM

She's learning about table manners. As is her custom, when she learns new things she likes to recite them to us, with one finger pointing up in the air like a philosopher (usually while still continuing to do whatever the less-than desireable behavior is that we're giving her an alternative for.) Today she and I are eating lunch together, and she says to me with mouth overflowing, "mama, don't eat with your lunch full!" :LOL
#20 of 35 Old 01-20-2003, 11:11 PM

my dear chloe is a hoot and a half.

instead of sitting on her sit and spin (they play music now) she stands up and dances while holding onto the wheel.

she tries to play gin with her grandpa and uncle ronnie....shuffling mesmerizes her.

she will stand behind me and "hide". we say "where could that big girl be?" and look around. when we "find" her, she has the biggest smile and the loudest squeal....melts my heart.

she says "all done" when she is finished eating.

she drives her little tykes walk behind backwards.

i love the way she shakes her head from side to side to music and thinks that she is "dancing".

i love when she holds my cheeks and stares me in the eyes and then gives me a kiss. what is more wonderful than that?

mommy of chloe 12-21-2001

aleathia
#21 of 35 Old 01-21-2003, 12:39 AM

Today dd (28 mths) went to the bathroom, opened the cabinet and got a pantiliner out then pulled her pants down and sat on her potty and put the pantiliner in her panties while she peed.
Earlier she was doing much the same thing and I asked her what she was doing with my pantiliners and she says "I'm giving it to my butt".
Too funny!
Sara
#22 of 35 Old 01-22-2003, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

I noticed the last two days ds#2 started saying "hi low" when he plays with the phone and when he is done he says "bye low" . When he wants food he will smack his lips and say "mmmmm"

He has also made it his "chore" to feed the cat. BUT he puts the food in the water dish!

He is just so cute!

HEATHERH

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#23 of 35 Old 01-23-2003, 03:43 AM

If we are doing something that would make a noise, dd says, "You have to say the words, mama!". Like today we were peeling potatoes & we had to say, "scrape, scrape", & mashing them say, "mash, mash".
It's so cute!

#24 of 35 Old 01-31-2003, 02:49 AM

When I give my 18.5 month old son a handful of cheerios or bite-size snack, he dumps it out on his little play table and eats them without his hands... just like our dog!

Whenever I bring out his favorite toys, he says, "wowwwww!"

He says, "Ah-too!" when he hears us sneeze.

He's always been very ticklish. We've been tickling him under his armpits since he was a few months old. When he was about 14-15 months old, he started tickling us too, always with sound effects. It's hilarious! Sometimes he starts to tickle us as soon as we pick him up.

Lately, he's had a real interest in babies. At dinner the other day, when our friend's 5-week old started to cry, my son went to rock the carseat, and then tried to tickle the baby!

There is much more...
#25 of 35 Old 01-31-2003, 03:46 AM

My 13 month old son likes to run his finger over his lips while humming making a "blbb bllb, bllb," sound. It's even better if DH or I do it to him, though. :LOL

He likes kicking his big bouncy ball around the living room or having it kicked back to him (future soccer player?: ).

Anytime someone is talking on the phone Ian says, "Hi." DH was carrying Ian down the street earlier and they saw a guy talking on a cell phone. Ian immediately piped up, "Hi." :LOL

And this was the greatest! I was sitting on the floor after playing together and Ian walked away. I was in a reverie or something and just sat there for a couple minutes. Ian noticed me sitting there, came back to me, and gave me a hug!!!
#26 of 35 Old 02-01-2003, 05:28 PM

There is a root beer commercial that dh and I saw that is hysterical. You may have seen it too. We nearly never watch TV and we've managed to see it so I presume that it's run regularly. Anyway, there is a guy who is interviewing for a job with the CEO who's name is Dumass and he humilates himself by pronouncing it the way it looks. At the end of the interview the CEO says the name is Du MOSS and they go on to say Now that's thick headed....

Dh and I like to repeat that line when we would rather say something else. Like when we're in traffic and someone cuts us off he might say, "his name's du moss."

Last night I heard dd singing at the table while I was cooking dinner and she sang, "his name is du moss" in her own out of tune way. I thought I would burst trying to keep the laughter in.
#27 of 35 Old 02-01-2003, 07:17 PM

My little guy has become so darn cute! He pretends that everything is a phone (not just 'logical' things like remotes and calculators, but any old toy in his hand) and will walk around with his head cocked to one side, talking into his phone. It's amazing to me how he's picked up the 'cadence' of a phone conversation (i.e. blah blah blah, pause...... blah! Ha ha ha! pause.... blah blah??)

He knows a bunch of animal sounds, including a backwards 'meow' that sounds kind of like "ohhm". The other day I asked if he could say 'dog' and he barked instead - smart boy!

He has a teddy bear named 'lovey bear' that he gives the sweetest hugs and kisses to. He recently signed for milk and handed lovey to me to nurse.
#28 of 35 Old 02-01-2003, 07:29 PM

I will be standing in the kitchen ,making dinner or something, and my son will come up to me,lean on my legs and say"my friend". While patting me.

When we lay down for naps or at bedtime, he says" closer me,momma" and slide in nice and snug.

The other day he gave me a hug and told me"Paul love mamma so very much".

He has a very cute way of telling me something makes him happy...Like, he wants a popsicle,so I get him into the highchair and fetch his popsicle. He says "thank you,Paul HAPPY now momma"!!Lots of emphasis on the "Happy"..all said in his funny little toddler accent.

He pats my face sometimes, and he knows that I am feeling a little yucky because of being pregnant..so he asks me"belly feel good,momma?".

He has so many little things that he does and says during the day that I could sit here and write and write..but then I would not leave room for anyone else...

( one more, in the mornings when he wakes up, he says"sun is out momma,time wake up" in this tone that reminds me of my grampa telling people"well, days a wasting!"...implying that if you did not get up at four am to start your day and were still in bed at eight you had just shot the entire day.)( i think it is rather funny sometimes that my 28 month old son can say something so innocent and still manage to remind me of a crotchety old grampa! )

ok, all done.
#29 of 35 Old 02-01-2003, 07:44 PM
Banned

I LOVE this thread!

1)when we ask her something she nods her head YES, and says mm-mm.

2)when she wants to nurse or wants something handed to her she will do the sign for please and say "peas?"

3)she has started to count things and say some letters when she sees words(we spell things for her a lot)

4)whenever I start cooking she starts getting out pots and pans and wants to help.

5)she has started to nurse her dolls

6) while we were in the bathroom the other day and she was sitting on the counter, she lifted her shirt and tried to put deodorant on!
#30 of 35 Old 02-01-2003, 10:55 PM

ohhh things that have cracked us up the past few weeks....

- When my usually doesn't want to be changed 1yo hears me say "ohhh time for a diaper change!" will take his diaper off (just wet hopefully! ), toss it to the winds and run and get a new clean diaper! Hand it to me, and lays down! And sticks his legs up in the air! :LOL And it seems he prefers his ol' prefolds!!
-Today I got some diaper mail for the same child and Dh took it out of the package and handed them to ds and said "well these are yours! " Ds immediately managed to open the ziplock they were in and pull them out and cuddled them!! That's my boy! He then desparately wanted me to put them on him(they were so cute, I did too :LOL) At least I got to see that they fit before taking them off to throw in the wash.
-When my oldest is going to bed and we go through the get a million stuffed animals to sleep with. "Gimme horsey!" GImme Bear!" "GImme tigger!" it's all worth it in the end when I stop and say "ok good night gimme hug kiss, I love you" and he says "I love you mommy" Awwww melt me to a puddle!
-When I crash out on the couch and the boys manage to get into some treat or soemthing and my oldest runs up to me and wakes me up and says "DEEELish-us!!"
-Ds#2 used to completely lose it when Dh left for work. I mean scream for 20 minutes till he was hoarse. It is quite welcome now that instead he has been giving a hug and kiss and stands right where he is and waves his hand up in the air and goes "Bye! bye! bye! bye!" over and over again until Dh walks out the door giggling. I am thinking he now trusts that daddy will always come back so it is ok for him to leave now.
- When I first had Liam and went to take a shower and Dh was walking around with the baby all wrapped up in a blanket and sat down on the couch for the older two to meet their new brother, he said "this is Liam!" and my oldest said "oh a lamby! bahh bahhh bahhh!!". Later on he got to "hold" Liam and he said "AWWWWW the baby is SOOO CUUUTE!" and patted the top of his head.

Gee I could go on all night !!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page