Extreme Velcro Child Syndrome - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2003, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd is now 21 months old and has become, in the evenings, the world's most clingy, whiny, whingy, screechy critter. She doesn't want to be put down. She doesn't want me to *do* anything but hold her and maybe read to her. Some evenings all she will accept is to be read to. She won't let her dad do this for her. Nobody else.

The result of this is a bit of mommy burn-out on my end. By the time she finally conks out I don't want to be touched or even spoken to. I need to decompress. She's finally starting to sleep better but all this carrying on beforehand makes it look like a raw deal.

Sorry. Just basically venting here and hoping this phase will end and soon. All I feel I can do is humor her and be there. I feel like I'm losing my tiny little mind though.

Denny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2003, 03:00 AM

(((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Jesse
Old 01-20-2003, 12:53 PM

ahhhh denny, i'm right here with ya!
Indie is 22 mos and the same thing is going on here. Lets send each other extra positive vibes, I know it is a developmental stage, but whew!! I also know from past experiences that by being there as we are it goes much quicker and they feel more secure in the long run...if we tried to push or ignore them, it will only get worse and last much longer!!! I am trying to take time for myself during the day when she is busy and willing to part for a bit. Just a bit of a walk or time to read ALONE for half hour helps some!

User Tag List