*~!~*December 04 Mamas in denial*~!~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 122 Old 01-01-2006, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Max isn't walking yet, therefore he's not an official toddler yet.....right?
#2 of 122 Old 01-01-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessviola
Hang on to that babyhood!!!!

Jett made it explicitly clear that he was different. He started walking consistently on his actual birthday!! He didn't want to let me pretend, I guess.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#3 of 122 Old 01-01-2006, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, katie was walking by 10.5 months, I'm holding on to this for all it's worth but he did kinda start taking a couple steps yesterday so i have a feeling in a couple weeks he'll be unstoppable
#4 of 122 Old 01-01-2006, 02:48 PM

Wolfmeis that was an AWESOME birth. I think it is so wonderful that Graham was so excited I was laughing and crying through the whole thing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! to everybody
#5 of 122 Old 01-01-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Well Sadie just started crawling, so I think she's got a long way to go before I can officially call her a toddler.
#6 of 122 Old 01-01-2006, 10:10 PM

Eli says thanks to everyone for the Happy Birthday wishes!

I'll admit it - he's a toddler. Not walking yet, but starting to be able to stand on his own for a few seconds at a time. He just seems like a toddler now.

He wants to eat whatever we're eating. I keep trying to get the pureed fruits and veggies in him, but more often he ends up with little pieces of cracker, rice, and some other not-as-healthy things. This is completely foreign to me because Aidan stuck with the babyfood for a long time and was never really interested in what we were eating this early.

Last night I let myself indulge in some alcohol for New Year's, and Eli got his first bottle of toddler formula. I've decided not to feel guilty about that. I am so proud for giving him nothing but breastmilk his first year. He seemed to like it, and thank God he doesn't seem to have any allergy to dairy like his big brother had. If Aidan had even the tiniest hint of any form of dairy, he broke out in little red splotches and bumps all over his face or wherever it touched his skin.

Speaking of Aidan, he went home with my sister today to spend the night. This is the first time since we had Eli that I've been away from him overnight, so, the first time in a year! It's nice for us to have so much time to spend with Eli, but it's wierd not having Aidan here - like I'm missing an arm or something.

Happy New Year everyone!
#7 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 12:45 AM

Hi mamas,

we made it back from Europe okay. Happy New Year!

I so have a toddler, toddle, toddle, toddle is her favorite thing to do. We're installing baby gates everywhere! I finally have one in the kitchen, which is great for keeping her for running to the stairs while I make dinner.

While in Europe, she met her 20 month old swiss cousin and they played together really well. It was so cute, I was glad to have the two of them together for several days. She can really keep up with him now on the walking, and his mom was amazed that dd was walking so much, so well, so early. The cutest thing she does right now is say "puppy!" with great joy and enthusiasm every time she sees an animal. So there were duck puppies and cat puppies and fish puppies and just every variety (especially when we went to the zoo).

Our trip further weaned dd. She now doesn't look for me at all. All that time spent travelling and visiting just made attempts at nursing so irregular that she won't anymore. So we'll see what happens when baby #2 comes and she sees her nursing. At least I can still pump for dd1 when baby comes along.

Hope all has been well, I haven't had a chance to catch up yet.

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
#8 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 11:29 AM

I am new to the group -- so HI!!

My DS, Joshua, was born Dec 14th and officially started toddling Thanksgiving. So, I cannot deny it! LOL!! He's already running too! Not fast- but quick enough to keeo me on my toes!

Nice to meet you all!!
Cindy
#9 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

cindy!

welcome back KM!
#10 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi Cindy! Your ds Joshua shares a birthday with my dd Eliza! Welcome to the group!

#11 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 01:27 PM

subbing-I'll have to catch up later

Mom to Iris and Henry
#12 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 02:49 PM

nak..... welcome cindy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad europe went well km. i'm jealous of all you travel moms
#13 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 02:54 PM

Welcome Cindy!
#14 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 09:00 PM

I'm back to give a proper update.

Yay Toddler forum! We're still not "toddling", but he is a pro cruiser.

I am having a bad time with biting. My right nipple is scabbed and so sore. He doesn't bit me to often, but enough that I havn't been able to heal on that side. He just does it. I've told him no, gentle, kisses only, everything I can think of. I've closed the cafe, I've left him with dad.. He thinks its a big joke! He's still biting other babies, but not as often as before. I'm the prime target. He likes to bite my back when I have him in the Ergo or any other back carrier.
Anyways, I just felt like complaining. :
#15 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 09:35 PM

dh looked at me today and said, "we have a baby!" and I said, NO: WE HAVE A TODDLER!!

it's insane.

wyatt's favorite thing is to climb on the footstool and "surf" on it, bouncing up and down. Yes ... he climbs. and runs now, and skips. I especially love it when he runs into my open arms.
#16 of 122 Old 01-02-2006, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exhausting. Holidays. Charlie is just starting to toddle unassisted, although he loves to walk all around the house holding onto just one finger of mine. As poignant as it is to say goodbye to the baby phase, it's so much more fun to find out what he's thinking!

Today I was reading him a book about Charlie Parker and I asked him if he liked the name "Bird". His face lit up and he zipped off and fetched me a stuffed bird.
#17 of 122 Old 01-03-2006, 02:36 AM

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing - then Audrey took her first steps yesterday! *sob* but she hasn't walked again since, so I can keep pretending...
#18 of 122 Old 01-03-2006, 01:33 PM

#19 of 122 Old 01-03-2006, 01:35 PM

those pics are precious
#20 of 122 Old 01-03-2006, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Go Dougie! Those are very cute!
#21 of 122 Old 01-03-2006, 04:25 PM

Happy Birthday to all those late December birthday babies!!!

Welcome to Cindy!!!

We have been off line for several days with power outages. We live in a very wooded, hilly area of Santa Cruz County and we got 4.5 inches of rain sunday/monday. A 100 ft tree came down on a house 5 up from us so we have been without power since yesterday morning and couldn't get out all day yesterday. We had a tree almost hit our place on saturday, but it missed by about 10 feet, just took out a railing on our deck. Thosre redwood trees are beautiful, but scary in a storm. I am at work for the first time it 2 weeks so I am getting all caught up with reading the posts. Both kids are at daycare for the first time in two weeks too so I'm off to see Niko at noon to see how he's doing. He was getting to be very attached to me over the past weeks so I hope he is okay, he seemed happy to see Irene and all the other children this morning.

I hope to have power by the time we get home tonight since it will be really dark if we don't. Last night we cooked dinner on our wood stove. It was fun, we have alot of cast iron and I just got a dutch oven for christmas. We used our tortilla warmer and the dutch oven to heat some store cooked chicken up for quicky tacos. Mike even made homemade salsa to put on them.

Niko is now crawling like a pro and has already started to pull himself up and cruise around chairs, tables, people whatever he can get. He also likes to let go and clap his hands while standing. He mostly falls on his bum, but sometimes and catch himself again before toppling over. Its very cute!

Hope everyone is well and happy to be in 2006!
#22 of 122 Old 01-03-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmir

I hope to have power by the time we get home tonight since it will be really dark if we don't. Last night we cooked dinner on our wood stove. It was fun, we have alot of cast iron and I just got a dutch oven for christmas. We used our tortilla warmer and the dutch oven to heat some store cooked chicken up for quicky tacos. Mike even made homemade salsa to put on them.
Hope everyone is well and happy to be in 2006!
Sorry about the storms-- this is the first time since I have been to Washington that I was scared in the wind. I am from the coast of SC, so I know wind!

Anyway our power has been going out as well. Last night it just went off and it was BLACK. I have never been anywhere that dark, ever, and I was in my living room. Let me just say I was LOVING having a woodstove. We had heat, we had candles going, and we'd just gotten everything just so when the power came back on.

Didn't you feel all frontiersy, cooking up your meal like that?
#23 of 122 Old 01-03-2006, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

We had a huge branch fall from the weight of the snow this morning. Amazingly, it missed the house. It was a live branch too. crazy! i hope your power is back soon robin!

we're moving to a new apt a week from saturday so i'll be mia for a while around that time until we get settled and internet hooked up.
#24 of 122 Old 01-03-2006, 07:46 PM

Those pics are so cute!!!!!!

Mom to Iris and Henry
#25 of 122 Old 01-04-2006, 03:53 AM

Adorable pics Lory!

Hey, quick question everyone -- what's your dc doing for naps these days? It seems like Sadie might be trying to drop a nap. I was thinking this was too early, that she was still too young for only one nap, but it kinda seems like that's where she's headed. Anyone else dealing with this yet?
#26 of 122 Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 AM

Grace still needs 2 solid naps. One is getting shorter, but she always takes 2. Now that I said that, she will probably change . . . .
#27 of 122 Old 01-04-2006, 11:57 AM

Charlynn, we just dropped the third nap.....at least most days. Jett's a big sleeper, like his daddy.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#28 of 122 Old 01-04-2006, 12:12 PM

Iris is an awful sleeper but she is taking two 45-60 minute naps a day. She seemed like she was going to drop the morning one for a while but now she is back to needing it every day.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#29 of 122 Old 01-04-2006, 01:42 PM

Sleep sucks. This baby is so easy in every other way, but sleep is the big awful.

He still takes two naps, but sometimes will blow through one of them. If he gets a second wind, or woken early, then the nap is gone. UGH.
#30 of 122 Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 PM

Niko usually take a long 2 hr nap for me in the middle of the day lately. If he doesn't get in a long one he may take another or not. He goes down to sleep between 8 and 9 at night and gets up about 7:15 if I am working or 8:30 if not.

Still no power at our place. Hopefully today, Power co. trucks were out there again this morning. I guess there are trees and lines down up and down our road. Its about 3 miles up a canyon with alot of huge redwood and fir trees. We had chinese take out last night, no woodstove cooking, it was fun for one night with two kids. I really want electricity again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page