2yr. birthday present - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-03-2003, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our son is turning 2 on April 6th. We recently have MAJORLY decluttered and gotten rid of tons of toys, and have pretty much limited it down to mostly simple, creative, long lasting items, (blocks, train set, dress up, silks, wooden toys, dolls) Just no plastic, or battery operated items.

Part of me says we don't need ANYTHING, but for heavens sake it's his birthday. In the past I have been guilty of buying WAY too much.

For DD 2nd birthday, we took her on a train ride to American Girl place and let her pick out a bitty baby. However at that time, we use to go to the train station regularly and watch the trains coming in, the train ride was as much as a gift as the doll. But she was much more verbal, we talked about the trip alot before we went, and she totally understood everything.

My son isn't verbal at this age, he does understand everything we say, but I just don't think something similar to my daughters trip would be appropriate for him.

I thought about the plan city stuff, but is he too young?? Any ideas on what to do for his birthday, or gifts??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Banned

Toys are a drag, eh? We have trried to minimize the toys Kailey has, but she still has to many

We might get her one toy for her birthday, but the BIG gift will either be going to the Powwow or the Zoo. We will take LOTS of pictures for her to look back on. But we aren't going to go all out. In later years I want to think of special things to do, that rarely include toys. (so unrealistic I know)
#3 of 4 Old 02-03-2003, 10:00 PM

My son turned two in September and we use b'day money from grandma to buy him garden tools. He loves them (though also loves to try handling the big ones.) At Xmas I gave him a baby doll (pretty generic and on the smaller size, plastic head and soft body) and he sleeps with it every night, brings it to storytime at the library, etc. He's just crazy about cars, and his train set (the Brio compatible set.) He's also not very verbal, but has amazing dexterity and physical skills. He really likes art--coloring, chalk, painting, etc. An easel would be really nice. Not into books very much, only just now that he is naming colors--some of his first words.

Hope this helps. Have fun celebrating!
#4 of 4 Old 02-05-2003, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the ideas.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page