New funny-things-they-say thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-27-2006, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
For some reason, my three year old has decided that a good way to respond to a question like "would you like to go outside?" is to say "Not."

He's talking more and more like a big kid/preschooler. I know I won't be able to post about his hilarious speech much longer. I still think his funny speech belongs in this forum, as long as he says "I vant somefing."

Divorced mom of one awesome boy born 2-3-2003.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Too funny!

My son says "yes, no" sometimes after I ask him something and I realize it was because i would ask him a question and then say "yes or no?"

I was taking a bath with my DS the other day. He hasnt put many two word phrases together yet.
He would say "out" and point outside of the tub so I asked if he wanted to get out, he said no ( okay....)

Then he would say Mamma and point to me. This is a new thing so i just thought he was saying me.

Then he would say "fwim" ( swim) which is what he calls lying on his belly and splashing all over and sliding back and forth, letting his body float if there's enough water.

Then it dawned on me. He wanted me to get out so he could swim :
So i asked, do you want mommy to get out so you can swim? And he said yes! So i suggested he say "mommy, get out (please)" and he did...
"Mamma! ( 5 seconds pass) Out! "

I loved it! And I got out so he could swim

Amy
Old 03-27-2006, 07:47 PM

DS1 and I when he was potty training "Mom where did your pee pee go?" "Girls don't have pee pee's they have vaginas." "Well when did you get yours cut off?" "I never did get it cut off, I never had one girls have vaginas" "are you sure mom, did someone cut yours off and you did not know?" "No Taylor girls are born with vaginas. boys are born with pee pee's."
LOL LOL ROFLMAS
Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 PM

i love it when my 2 year old mixes up her phrases. she'll wave at me pretending to leave and say "have a good later!"
Old 03-27-2006, 11:35 PM

My DS was sitting at the dinner table and pulled the waistband of his pants away from his body, looked down and announced to the family that he had "put his penis on backwards." HAHAHAHAH
He also told a hilarious story in the car about how the big machine opened up its teeth and bit him on the bottom. I do not know where he comes up with this stuff!

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 PM

Ds isn't quite two yet, and doesn't say many phrases, but says lots and lots of words. He loves trains, and recently began saying "caboose". However, he gets it confused with "octopus" and ends up saying "ocaboose" every time.

Dd, isn't a toddler, she's four. She always says "lasterday" for "yesterday". Why not? It does make complete sense!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:13 AM

We were visiting my grandma this weekend, and on her coffee table was a big wooden box with photos inside. 2yo ds wanders up and points to the box:
"What's that?"
(me) "It's a box. What do think is inside?"
(ds ponders a moment) "I think it's a PANCAKE!"

No idea where that came from, we haven't had pancakes to eat for weeks.

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just have a 4 mo. old, but worked in a daycare when i was preggers and i have 3 instances that stick out:

1. A girl was sitting on the chair and tooted, she looked up in surprise...."I hear poop commin'!"

2."these are my Boobas" "your what?" "my boobies! My mom has boobies too- She plays baseball!" (said proudly)

3. "why is your belly so big??" (said about my 8 mo.s pregnant belly). "Because, there's a baby in there" "no there's not! it's a ball!........Oh!?" he replies after lifting my shirt to see it was all belly, "well how'd that get in there?!" "it just did" i claim "ya, but HOW!?" I told him he'd have to ask his mom about that one! lol

I miss those kids!

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

Old 03-28-2006, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
LOOOOOOOOOOL I work in a preschool for kids with special needs. One of our speech therapists just had a baby--before she went on maternity leave though, she had to share this with me...

She's 9 months pregnant here...

Kid "Wow, your belly's gettin BIG" (you just have to know this kid, it's *so* him to say something like that...LOL)

ST "Well, yeah, it is...there's a baby in my tummy." (cause what else do you say when a kid has pointed out the all-too-obvious?)

2nd Kid (with HORRIFIED look) "Did you EAT it?"

she told them they had to get to their game now....

My DS is only 17 months old so it's hard to come up with anything *too* funny...

but in our house all fruit is 'apple, apple!' (and he doesn't even LIKE actual apples!)
But he SIGNS 'orange' when he gets one LOL (he LOVES oranges)
and the first fruit he ever called 'apple' was pineapple! (so I naturally thought that's what he was trying to say since he had just tried it and LOVED it!)

And the day he picked up his cell phone and I SWEAR he said "Hi, Bobbie. Hey" was pretty cute...
Bobbie is a friend of mine with 2 kids, we go over there at least once a week and he hears me yap on the phone with her almost daily. He LOVES going over there, she's the only adult friend he calls by name. And almost every phone conversation of mine starts like that. "Hi (person's name here) Hey (what's up, watcha doin? something like that) Followed by some incredibly important conversation about what we're going to do Friday, or what our kids did today, or that we don't know what to make for dinner usually...

and last night's 1:40 am 'milk' request was pretty cute--no crying, not a whimper, just this little voice next to me..."milk? milk?" and I can hear his little hand moving against the sheet, so I KNOW he's signing too (I gave in, even though he's been nightweaned for a few months, he's been sick. But we made a deal--"you get milk you go back night night" It worked.

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:58 AM

DD 26 mo was having a tantrum and I was trying to get ready to go run some errands, and she looked at me and said "Mummy BE PATIENT" the other day.

DH sometimes lifts her on the bed with his foot and asks if she needs the Elevator, for some reason - well it sounds similar - she has it confused with Alligator, so the other day she asked for the Crocodile to get up on the bed!

Who stole my signature!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:19 AM

Ds can't say his name so he calls himself "Boobie"

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

Old 03-28-2006, 03:12 PM

Look at my sig, that was funny.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom
Dd, isn't a toddler, she's four. She always says "lasterday" for "yesterday". Why not? It does make complete sense!
I knew a little girl once who said "tomorning" for "tomorrow morning," as in,
"Good night, we'll see you tomorning!"

My DS was playing with his Builder Bob action figure and a toy hammer yesterday: "Onceuponatime there was a Bob, named Bob. Onceuponatime, there was a little hammer, named Hammer."

Today he took his 2-month-old baby sister's hand and said, "Hi! Nice to meetcha!"

He calls my mom and her identical twin sister "Grammy" and "Other Grammy." He occasionally calls his father "Mr. Daddy," and also "my friend Daddy." And once when I went to get him up in the morning he said to me, "Good morning, kangaroo! Good morning, Mr. Mommy!"
Old 03-28-2006, 03:38 PM

When my daughter (3) wants to tell us something that happened in the past she will say "remember yesternight"

She was learning about space in preschool a few weeks ago and one night while cuddling before putting her to bed I was telling her that she lived on the planet earth and she said "no mommy, we don't live on earth, we live in a house!"

That's all I can think of right now, but she says things all the time. I love this age. It's so refreshing.

19 yr old
12 yr old
5 yr old
Old 03-28-2006, 04:06 PM

Aidan has been calling my sister Nana (what he calls our mom) for awhile now...they're both heavyset with short blonde hair and glasses, so I guess they looked pretty similar to him. My sister, being 9 months pregnant, miserable and emotional started crying over him calling her "Nana" and we pointed out that she isn't Nana, she's Aunt Allie...."Aunt Nana?"
Old 03-28-2006, 06:41 PM

We've been singing the song (with handsigns) "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped her head, momma called the doctor and the doctor said -- (with finger wagging) No More Monkeys Jumping On The Bed!"

So now, whenever my 16 month dd gets flustered or wants to say "no!" she says, "no mo' monies! no mo' monies! no mo' monies!"

It is so funny, because she uses the phrase instead of just saying "no." So, for example, if she protests me washing her hands with a wet washcloth after she's eaten (as she always does), she will shake her head vigorously and say "no mo' monies!" She has even said it in her sleep (particularly if I'm trying to get her to unlatch, or if I'm scooting her over).

It is so cute and funny.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:51 PM

These are all too funny!

The other day, my 31mo ds got out of the shower with dh and came up to me, turned around and said "mommy, feel my bottom, it soft." He was so serious and I totally cracked up, after I felt his bottom of course.

When I talk about the baby in mommy's belly, he grabs at my belly and says "throw it away."

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:38 PM

I don't often get time to post here, but I have to jump in on this one.

My four year old (special needs) was sitting on my lap the other day, use both his hands and . . . for lack of a better word, "honked" my breasts. His face lit up and he said, "Squishy!" DH thought it was hilarious. I'm just glad he didn't do it to my bum.

For some reason, it's caught on. We're not too concerned with modesty in our house yet, and so now when I'm getting out of the shower, he'll point to my chest and say "Squishies!" I know it's funny, but I can't quite bring myself to laugh when he can see me. I laugh afterwards

Mama to my little "autie", Jackson (2/02), Evie (5/03), Charlotte (6/05), Simon (11/07) and grieving our sweet Lily Dawn, lost at 18 weeks 9/4/09 , & having a little girl July 2010
Old 03-28-2006, 09:08 PM

I took my 20 month old son to get a haircut today and let's just say he's not a big fan of the process. I felt awful as I held him in my lap while he howled and the lady cut. When she'd gotten most of the bulk off, I put him down to play with the train table. She snuck up behind him to clean up the ends and he turned to her and said as clear as day "HEY, GO AWAY!"

I couldn't help but crack up. Poor guy, he's usually very polite.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:46 PM

I had a friend with a 2.5 year old over today and as my friend was encouraging her toddler to get ready to go (10 mintues left, five minutes left), she said something like "OK, time's up" to which the toddler replies in all seriousness "No, time's down!"

Gotta love 'em!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:09 AM

I love these threads!

DS 26 months is so funny - in the middle of the night, totally groggy, bed-head, he doesn't even open his eyes, he just says in a faint little voice "more nummies please mommy...more nummies please mommy..." and then randomly holds his mouth open, (still not opening his eyes). This he repeats over and over until "nummies" are placed near and he can latch on. I just think it's so cute that he is so polite even at 2am!

He is also really cute when he's trying to sing along to a song but only gets the first and last words, the rest he kind of mumbles then belts out the last word full blast and shakes his head back and forth as he sings it.

DS saying goodnight to daddy: "see you 'nother day!"

He belted out the A-B-C song in his sleep two nights ago too, pretty impressive!!

I'm sure there are more cute things - I swear, I crack up every day!! I LOVE this age.

Kathy.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:12 AM

My Ds will be 2 next month. He is a little behind in his age group for speech, but lately he has been a little parrot. His latest thing is to get up on my coffee table, and then yell to me "Get Down!" LOL (Which is what I tell him when he is on there.)
And just this past weekend, he started saying "Tan Choo." (Thank You) It makes me smile every time!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:25 AM

When my daughter was a newborn, I was nursing her at a friend's house. Her 3 YO son asked me, "What are you doing to her?" I told him, "I'm feeding her." Three year old replies , mystified, "She EATS BOOBS???!!!"

My daughter, who's now three, says "last morning" instead of yesterday.

Jenny: 40 Something AP mom to 2 adult kids, 2 teen step kids, and one amazing 7YO. Doula and Brio Birth educator, too!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:31 AM

I thought of a couple more, and am enjoying the cute stories.

DD has known her last name for a while, and thinks it is very funny to call everything by her last name, so now she calls my breasts "Booby-Other Side -(last name)"

Also she has acquired a taste for chocolate : which we try not to indulge so I told her it was all gone so she told me "Go shopping, buy more chocolate"!!

She also was going to get a time-out (we have had to do holding time outs as she will not leave SIL's biting beagle alone) for touching the beagle and she said "No Daddy get a Time-Out" unfortunately she still will not leave the Beagle alone though.

Who stole my signature!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:06 AM

SO funny to read all of these.

DS 21 mo. puts his hand out and says "how-do-u-do" it's so cute and I can't spell it how he says it.

He has also started to howl like a wolf or dog. The best thing is he moves his head from side to side then up to finish the howl MELTS MY HEART
Old 03-29-2006, 05:24 AM

DS will be 3 next month and th e conversations have become pretty extensive...the other day while bf'ing DD my son remarks that she really loves mommy's milk. I reply, "Yeah, you used to also."
DS: "What kind of milk is my milk now?"
Me: "You drink cow's milk now (felt weird to say..)."
DS: looking disgusted "Nooooo, I drink boy's milk mommy!!"

Also for the longest time DS has referred to yesterday as "last day" ...so now we all do!

DS likes to relax with warm milk and stroke my hair...usually his phrase is can I have milk and hair out?
Today, he was having his usual "milks and warm it up..." on the couch when he came to me and said, "mommy, I need more milk."
"Why?" I ask.
"Cause I forgot to have your hair!"

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
Old 03-29-2006, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjen43
When my daughter was a newborn, I was nursing her at a friend's house. Her 3 YO son asked me, "What are you doing to her?" I told him, "I'm feeding her." Three year old replies , mystified, "She EATS BOOBS???!!!"

My daughter, who's now three, says "last morning" instead of yesterday.
Funny how they combine things ot make up new phrases that actually do make sense!

BTW, I also had a mystified toddler question me about my DD as she nursed. He couldn't understand why she ate from my shirt!!!

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
Old 03-29-2006, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow, I'm sitting here after reading all these with tears in my eyes- partially from laughing, and partially because kids are just so darned precious...and very refreshing with their innocent takes on the world...I LOVE IT!

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

Old 03-29-2006, 04:13 PM

my daughter who will be 2 in April now says all the time "sorry mom didn't mean to" i have no idea where that came from, i can just imagine what people will think if she says it in front of others. Like i am some horrible mother that might beat her because she did soomething wrong!!

I also got her to say please wonderful mother which comes out pease wonderfu mudder! yes i am cruel and now she doesn't stop saying it!!

User Tag List