Jan/Feb 04 Toddlers - April Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 94 Old 05-12-2006, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all!! Lindsey turned 2 on Feb. 2, 2006. She is now 27 months about. She is a hoot. She has somewhat interest in the potty, but hasn't actually gone in the potty. We live on a huge farm, and on nights just before the sun is going down, and before baths, we will sit on the porch, and I will take off her diaper, and she can go "free". The other night she actually grabbed herself and told me she had to go, so we run inside, and nothing. So, we go back out, and about 1 minute later, she is standing there, legs apart some, and puddle beneath her. She was laughing. Hysterical. She has the darkest longest curliest hair...it's almost to her waist! Ringlets galore! Plus pretty blue eyes. She still sleeps in a crib with crib bumbers! And sucks a paci!! She has about 30 pacis, and 10 of them are usually always in the crib with her. This summer we will be starting the big bed with big sister to get ready for the new baby to come this winter. We ask her if she wants a new baby sister or baby brother, and she says no, that she is the baby. She is an active normal 2 yr old, who is sweet as can be even when she is throwing her tantrums. When she starts one, I say "Go ahead...just throw that fit..." It doesn't last long after that before she is laughing.
#62 of 94 Old 05-16-2006, 11:21 AM

More on DS being a "kid" now...DS was sitting in the cart at the grocery store yesterday (yeah, surprised me that he stayed there!). A little girl about the same age passed by in a cart and said "Look at the baby!" and he screamed back "I not a baby! I a kid!"
#63 of 94 Old 05-16-2006, 12:05 PM

Ahh, glad I found this thread, I was wondering if there was still one going somewhere. I posted yesterday about Alyssa going through a very difficult stage right now. After reading everyones posts maybe it is normal 2 yr old stuff. She was just such a calm baby, not high needs at all, but has turned into a very sensitive, strong willed toddler. I think Dh and I are starting to learn how to best handle the tantrums, so she gets over them quickly when she realizes we aren't going to baby her like we did at first.

#2 is due in a few weeks, I don't know how that is going to go. I am so nervous about how Alyssa will react, it's all I can think about. She is still such a mamas girl, if I am around, I am the only person she wants to be with, and cling to in an understatement, she is plastered to me.

She doesn't have a lot of interest in the potty. Every once in awhile she wants to sit on it, and sometimes she will go. Some days I can't get her near it. She always tells me when she needs a diaper change though, and takes it off herself if I'm not quick enough.

She talks up a storm and is very funny. Loves the playground, we went to one with a big twisty slide the other day and I was surprised she climbed right up and went down it about 100 times.

Glad to hear how everyone else is doing.
#64 of 94 Old 05-16-2006, 02:34 PM

My dd bonked her head on the slide a few weeks ago so now I am back to having to go down with her. Just when I was starting to think I could become one of those mamas that sits on the bench and watches her child play!
#65 of 94 Old 05-16-2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkenny
More on DS being a "kid" now...DS was sitting in the cart at the grocery store yesterday (yeah, surprised me that he stayed there!). A little girl about the same age passed by in a cart and said "Look at the baby!" and he screamed back "I not a baby! I a kid!"
I love it!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#66 of 94 Old 05-18-2006, 08:38 PM

Bump!

We got some extra special Elmo underpants the other day. DD uses the potty alright. no way 100% but usually a couple times a day. Anyway, we wore the underpants this afternoon (after all pooping!!) and she peed in the underpants and didn't say anything about it. DH got home and picked her up and he was like "what the???"
I thought the underpants would be incentive but, alas, they were not. I'm not really in any hurry though. As we've all kind of said, I'm waiting for a pants-free summer!
#67 of 94 Old 05-18-2006, 08:55 PM

I just got Max his first tricycle today! He'll be so happy, he always looks at other kids bikes with so much interest. I got if off of ebay and when I showed him the picture, he said, "mine". He's got that word down!

He still isn't talking fully, still signs and gestures with some words. It frustrates the heck out of dh, because I have to translate. I told dh he just needs to pay more attention when ds and I talk and he'll figure it out. But sometimes I have to realize that ds and I spend so much time together, we kind of have our own language .

Otherwise, ds is great fun and does have days with no tantrums, which is nice. Have I said this already? - When he gets upset I can tell him to go cry in his room, and he does! Runs right in there and closes the door.

Pottying is on the back burner, but next time I'm out, I'm determined to get him some underpants so he starts to get the idea. The weather has been great, but darned if I could get him to go without clothes! Oh well, when he's ready, he'll be ready.
#68 of 94 Old 05-18-2006, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

The panties back-fired on me too, SIL insisted on buying them and DD of course was very excited and for a day or two it looked great but then I think what happened was the accidents really upset her so she stopped having accidents, and was holding her urine too long, and now she won't use the potty at all which is disappointing, as she was really doing well with it up to then. You just never can tell, I wish I had listened to my intutition, and carried on as I was. I am upset with my SIL anyhow as I keep saying I have stopped giving DD sugar as it just affects her too much so she buys her donuts and cookies. Then she gave her something with Aspartame in it, so I printed out a list with the side-effects most of which SIL has so I think I convinced her out of that one. Sigh. Hopefully our property purchase will go through and we can close next week, and move out of here!

Who stole my signature!
#69 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 10:26 AM

Ok Mamas,
Tell me about the sleeping. Do your dc still nap? What time do they go to bed? (yes, Destinye I am obsessed! )
Zoey takes a nap most days for about 2 hours and goes to bed at 8 usually sleeping by 9 and she gets up around 8:30. I need to know!!
#70 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
We just had one like that yesterday. We went to dd's kindergarten orientation and ds looked up at me and said, "I not a baby."

Me: "Oh?"

DS: "I a montor (monster)"

and he wasn't far from wrong. He proceded to climb and run and get into everything he could the whole time we were there. He doesn't usually do that so I'm blaming them for giving him a doughnut.

He also likes to mimick things. It was funny, dd was playing a game on dh's phone that made a ta da sound when she would score a point and he could hear it from the other room while I was nursing him to sleep. He would look up at me with an impish grin and hum ta da! every time dd scored a point. I couldn't help laughing.
#71 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poitzenlock
Ok Mamas,
Tell me about the sleeping. Do your dc still nap? What time do they go to bed? (yes, Destinye I am obsessed! )
Zoey takes a nap most days for about 2 hours and goes to bed at 8 usually sleeping by 9 and she gets up around 8:30. I need to know!!
Haha! I know the feeling though.

DD lately goes to sleep about 10 and wakes up at 8 to 8.30 and takes an hour nap if she takes a longer nap its 11.00 PM! But a lot of times now she is skipping the nap as mentioned in my other thread and still goes to bed at 9.00 pm!

Who stole my signature!
#72 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 PM

I just saw this quote and I had to post it here.

"Having a 2 year-old is like having a blender you don't have the lid for." Jerry Steinfeld

My little guy found a permanent marker and colored the keyboard, his face, and his clothes.

Who else has to keep their doors locked so their dc does not escape outside?
#73 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poitzenlock
Ok Mamas,
His naps are getting hit and miss. If I lay down with him, he'll nap for about 2 hours from 12-2pm. He gets up around 6am and goes to bed at 9pm.
#74 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe

Who else has to keep their doors locked so their dc does not escape outside?
Well, we DID...but he's not learned how to unlock all of the locks too. :
#75 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 04:27 PM

Yes, we have to lock the front door. He comes and goes out back because we have gates/fence and I just keep track of him out there more easily.

He sleeps 1.5-2hours nap, and 9-7ish at night. Seems about average. Kristen, 9-8:30 is a great night sleep length!
#76 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
He sleeps 1.5-2hours nap, and 9-7ish at night. Seems about average. Kristen, 9-8:30 is a great night sleep length!
She nurses a few times a night so it isn't solid. I think she might get up at 6 or 7 if I wasn't in bed with her nursing.
#77 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 08:39 PM

Ds can lock and unlock both doors, but does stay pretty close to the house. DH worries because we have a large pond, but the grass is so tall, it can't really be seen - we keep it that way on purpose! And, ds knows not to go up there.

He naps between 3pm - 4pm and usually sleeps for an hour and a half, sometimes two hours. We start our bedtime routine around 9:00pm and he's usually asleep by 10:30 or 11:00, depends on the day and on the nap. Sleeps until 8:30am most days.

I love it when he wakes up from a nap and gets out of bed himself, he has that sleepy look that is soooo cute.
#78 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 08:49 PM

We just had a long awaited language explosion! DS has been learning 3-4 new words a day. Im pretty excited as before he was labeled as "delayed", but he's pretty much caught up now. He's pretty introverted though in large groups so a lot of people dont recognize how much he speaks now and comment on it :eyeroll

Also today he had his mouth wide open and I looked in and low and behold his second molars were in! I didnt even know he was cutting them! lol What a trooper...

Oh yeah and we're putting potty training on the back burner as well for now. We just have way too much else going on and ds isnt really interested.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#79 of 94 Old 05-19-2006, 08:53 PM

My DS says 7 words total but I don't consider him delayed. Each child on their own time frame. Besides Einstein didn't talk until he was just about three.
#80 of 94 Old 05-20-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Well, we DID...but he's not learned how to unlock all of the locks too. :
We have to do this too. Ds has figured out how to pull up a step stool and open the glass door, hop down and run out the front door. Usually he is completely undressed when he does this.
#81 of 94 Old 05-20-2006, 10:00 PM

Does your toddler know his/her own name?

Aidan was doing good....

What's your name?
Ai-nan
Aidan what?
Ai-nan Joe!

Well, it now goes like this...

What's your name?
Ai-nan
Aidan what?
Ai-nan Doodlebop! I'm Moe!

(Funny thing, he's seen that show ONCE, to my knowledge...they're too creepy! )
#82 of 94 Old 05-21-2006, 09:38 AM

Ds definitely knows his name, but if he ever got lost he would be in big trouble.

It goes something like this:

What's your name?

Xander: Nino

How do you spell that?

Xander: With an X

At least it beats Mickey Mouse which would have been his name last summer.
#83 of 94 Old 05-21-2006, 11:08 AM

If you ask want my ds name is all he does is point to himself.
#84 of 94 Old 05-21-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe
If you ask want my ds name is all he does is point to himself.
nak
That is SUPER cute!!
My dd knows her first, middle & last name and everybody else's name (my name, dh's name, grandparents' names, etc.). She's way into names.
#85 of 94 Old 05-22-2006, 02:13 AM

If you ask my ds what his name is he'll just stare at you. We havent really taught him the word name yet. We just say "who's that?" and point. If we point to him he says "bee boy" which I think means big boy. DH is always calling him "his favorite big boy"
Otherwise he calls most people by the first sylabul of their name i.e. Karen is Kar or Ethan is E. Except babies. Anyone younger than him is simply "baby"

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#86 of 94 Old 05-22-2006, 04:51 AM

I'll say hello I have two Feb. 04 toddlers. Off to catch up with the thread now

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#87 of 94 Old 05-22-2006, 01:32 PM

If I ask Nikolas "What's your name?" he says "Me". He has names for everyone else, but hasn't said his name yet.
#88 of 94 Old 05-22-2006, 02:07 PM

Fern will sometimes say Fern, sometimes Baby when asked her name. I never really thought to teach her her full name yet......

nothing more to say I guess :
#89 of 94 Old 05-22-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidris
Fern will sometimes say Fern, sometimes Baby when asked her name. I never really thought to teach her her full name yet......
I made an effort to teach Zoey her name and how old she is because people always ask. I was starting to feel bad answering for her like she wasn't standing right there so I taught her to say her name and to say she is 2. Now if only the askers would give her enough time to answer without interrupting her...:
#90 of 94 Old 05-22-2006, 02:26 PM

Donovan has been saying his name for a while now, "Don-inn"...I don't remember when he started. He's starting to get a real grip on the "me", "you", and "I" pronouns and using them properly, which we think is pretty cool.

Hey, anyone else's kid like to say things in threes?

"I going upstairs...I going upstairs...I going upstairs"
"trampoline, trampoline, trampoline!"

What's up with that?

I finally took the time to write out a lot of our favorite words and phrases he's been saying since he started really talking, and man did DH and I have fun doing that...and we're gonna love looking back on them some day. Now I just have to get them typed up and printed off into his memory box.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page