Mamas to nudists or former nudists, please reply!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD will be 2 next month and she refuses to wear clothes! She's been this way for a few months now and I keep thinking this stage is going to end soon, but it actually seems to be getting worse. Most of the time, if we're home, she's naked. She goes in the backyard naked, she takes her naps naked. I won't let her be naked in the front or in public, but she tries! We recently went camping and she kept taking her pants and panties off all weekend. A few weeks ago she tried taking her pants off at the mall. I've explained to her that we do not get naked where strangers can see us, and I *think* she gets it, kind of. But I can't keep clothes on her at the house. It's really inconvenient when I'm expecting the cable worker or something.

I just need a little reassurance that this is normal and that it will pass!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 02:32 AM

My 2nd dd was also a total nudist. An entire YEAR of pictures of her are all in the buff! She would eat, sleep and play naked! She is nearly six now, and is no longer a nudist!

Wife and SAHM to our two girls and one little man.
#3 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Banned

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was still running around topless when I was 6. I called it "boobless" for some reason. My parents still make fun of me for that
#4 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 03:28 AM

My dd isn't a full blown "nudist" but she prefers to just wear her underwear ALL day. She has no problem getting dressed to go places and to go outside but AS SOON as we get back in the house the 1st thing she does is take off all the clothes. (except her undies) She also has no problem w/ getting a nightshirt on for bedtime either but when she wakes up and goes downstairs for b-fast...that shirt comes RIGHT off!

Think of it this way...Less laundry to do!
#5 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 05:01 AM

My dd was pretty much always nude if we were home or somewhere where it was okay to be nude (good friend's house, my mother's house, etc) for the first few years. Around 4ish she got really into clothes. Now she is 5 and rarely nude and I kinda miss those nudist days...
In speaking with my friends, it seems that often kids get "modest" around 5 or 6 years old. The good news is, around 3 years old my dd started to be able to understand easier that there are some places where it's okay to be nude and some places where it's inappropriate.
#6 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 05:38 AM

my dd still runs around naked most of the day, she will be 5 next month. I keep waiting for it to pass
#7 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
DD loves to be naked, she does not have to wear clothes in our house or property, but only when we go out in public. She understood this at an early age. I found that getting her to wear a dress was easier then a two seperate pieces.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 06:22 PM

My DD went through this stage too.
It lasted till 3 1/2-4 years old, but she still has issues with socks and underwear--she refuses to wear them because they give her 'wedgies'

I figure that there are worse things than going 'commando' and wearing shoes without socks, so I don't make an issue out of it anymore.
Either she'll grow out of it, or she'll join the ranks of women who chose not to wear panties
#9 of 15 Old 04-25-2006, 04:16 PM

My oldest was like that, but at 3, he's over it. He still sleeps naked much of the time.
#10 of 15 Old 03-18-2014, 02:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

yes mom,naked toddlers are accepted...( but be  careful of  people that you arenot sure about!~~ in other words you all should be able to feel comfortable nude arounf family and friends.

I am mom of 6 boys,and we live on private property,so i do not force cloths...we do yoga,sports,home-school,co-sleep,music,tree climbing , tree houses ,plays ~~~all in the buff.....I am 27, and a health professional.,..........it is importent to raise children with the knowledge that the body is natural and beautiful,not nasty.Other-wise they become saddled with shame and guilt,and thus anxiety.Y ou may feel free to communicate any-time!

#11 of 15 Old 03-18-2014, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post

DD will be 2 next month and she refuses to wear clothes! She's been this way for a few months now and I keep thinking this stage is going to end soon, but it actually seems to be getting worse. Most of the time, if we're home, she's naked. She goes in the backyard naked, she takes her naps naked. I won't let her be naked in the front or in public, but she tries! We recently went camping and she kept taking her pants and panties off all weekend. A few weeks ago she tried taking her pants off at the mall. I've explained to her that we do not get naked where strangers can see us, and I *think* she gets it, kind of. But I can't keep clothes on her at the house. It's really inconvenient when I'm expecting the cable worker or something.

I just need a little reassurance that this is normal and that it will pass!

YES MOM ,SEE MY POST WAY DOWN BELOW, ON THIS PAGE SAYING THAT" NAKED TODDLERS ARE ACCEPTABLE BUT BE CAREFUL OF PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE NOT SURE..............

#12 of 15 Old 03-18-2014, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

My kids were never very shy about nudity, since we didn't make a big deal about it. They were never frequently nude though. Sometimes after using the potty, the clothes would not get put back on, but that was about it. If it's a struggle and they truly seem uncomfortable with clothing, you may have a sensory issue going on.

My 11 year old son strips naked when he goes to bed. He also strips down to his underwear when he gets home from school and we often have to remind him to put on clothes. My 7 year old daughter is not shy about being half naked either. Yesterday, she had on shorts and a banana costume. When the costume became uncomfortable, she took it off and was just hanging out topless. I had to remind her to put a shirt on. We live in a warm climate, so I get it! 

#13 of 15 Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

DS is 3.25 and is naked 99% of the time that we're in the house.  Around 3 he finally began to consent to our rule that he wear at least undies in the front yard.  It used to be a big deal just getting dressed to run an errand, now it isn't a problem, as long as he's allowed to be naked in the house, which I don't mind because it's easier for me!  Last year we definitely did a few grocery trips with him just in undies, because I just didn't want to engage in the battle to keep his clothes on!

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#14 of 15 Old 06-18-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarroq View Post
My kids were never very shy about nudity, since we didn't make a big deal about it. They were never frequently nude though. Sometimes after using the potty, the clothes would not get put back on, but that was about it. If it's a struggle and they truly seem uncomfortable with clothing, you may have a sensory issue going on.

My 11 year old son strips naked when he goes to bed. He also strips down to his underwear when he gets home from school and we often have to remind him to put on clothes. My 7 year old daughter is not shy about being half naked either. Yesterday, she had on shorts and a banana costume. When the costume became uncomfortable, she took it off and was just hanging out topless. I had to remind her to put a shirt on. We live in a warm climate, so I get it!
YOUR KIDS ARE JUST BEING NATURAL,,,,,,,,,,,all kids naturally like to be nude,i am a mom who let's my kids know that their bodies are beautiful;;;nor shameful.They do not need to wear cloths in the privacy of the home..Wmoms do not havr to bow to society's fearful paranoid rules,beliefs,and a paradigm of nastiness,guilt and shame.No reason to not allow our kids to go nude if it makes the feel free and comfortable,what say you mom,,shall kids be forced against their will,in order to please some peoples inane sense of propriety ?
#15 of 15 Old 06-18-2014, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureEdenMom View Post
YOUR KIDS ARE JUST BEING NATURAL,,,,,,,,,,,all kids naturally like to be nude,i am a mom who let's my kids know that their bodies are beautiful;;;nor shameful.They do not need to wear cloths in the privacy of the home..Wmoms do not havr to bow to society's fearful paranoid rules,beliefs,and a paradigm of nastiness,guilt and shame.No reason to not allow our kids to go nude if it makes the feel free and comfortable,what say you mom,,shall kids be forced against their will,in order to please some peoples inane sense of propriety ?
You are right. I don't like what society has done but it's done. Outside of our home, they can not run around naked. We also have people come and go from our home a lot. That is why I ask them to put on clothes. We are still pretty laid back (we don't close doors when we shower, change and our youngest doesn't either) but in general we don't walk around naked that much...the kids did when they were younger.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page