April 2005 mams May thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4 
Life with a Toddler > April 2005 mams May thread
SparklyMoose's Avatar SparklyMoose 06:16 AM 05-16-2006
He's not currently screeching, but he's been through two screeching phases. Right now, he's in a gurgling phase. He does this deep throat gurgle thing when he's crying or protesting that is just driving me up a wall. It's not a breathing problem or anything, as he only does it when he's fussing and not all the time. It's just another of those "Hey! I can make this noise!" noises...it just happens to get under my skin. :

On the other hand, he almost always will give me kisses if I ask him to. Sometimes he does it on his own (as well as hugging me, Daddy, the cats...) It's moments like that that help me remember why I don't pitch him out the window.

JustVanessa's Avatar JustVanessa 02:30 PM 05-16-2006
The only time Byron REALLY seems baby like still is right after he has fallen asleep. Most of the time he is babbling away and into everything!! He is such a boy! Today I caught him with his push toy flipped over and him standing on the wheels trying to crawl onto the coffee table! I am glad I caught that one.
He is all registered now for his new daycare (starts June 1st) and he loves it there. Whenever we go there he is trying to crawl away from me before I even put him down. It kinda makes me sad...but glad too. I am glad he feels so secure there but I want him to miss me
He isn't a screecher...but he sure does babble alot. It is constant and it is to everyone. Not a shy moment in him!
He is seriously working on his molars right now. I had to give him some advil this morning, the teething tablets just weren't cutting it today. I hope they come soon.

Hope you all have a good day mamas!
mighty-mama's Avatar mighty-mama 05:15 PM 05-16-2006
Noah is a screecher too. And boy he loves to throw tantrums, anytime I take something away, mainly for safety reasons he screams. He threw a fit in Red Lobster the other day, because I wouldn't let him touch the fire extinguisher...

I've yet to pull out my baby book, What are we suppossed to do for tantrums?
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 06:25 PM 05-16-2006
Response to Tantrums...hmmmm....would that be a loud "la la la la I can't hear you" with our fingers in our ears? Or maybe a quick "if you keep doing that your face will stick that way"? Perhaps a "do that one more time and I'll sell you to the gypsies"?

With Laia I have to admit the tantrums have me stumped. She'll start shrieking or (worse) put her head down slump her shoulders and cry like the world is ending...and it's never something that I can do that much about. Just like Noah, she's usually crying over some sort of health/safety issue (I'm NOT going to let her drag the cat around, or play with the knife, or run into the street).

I read through the Dr. Sears Temper Tantrum page (http://www.askdrsears.com/html/6/T063300.asp) and have had some luck applying the techniques.

I've had the best luck with distraction and planning ahead. For example, we went to the baby lab for another experiment today and Laia got to play with a rubber duckie toy (and I knew that getting that toy away quietly wouldn't be happening)...the researcher has a two year old and once I explained my plan she let us take the toy out to the car at the end of the study. When we did have to take the duck away (since it didn't belong to us) I was able to substitute the little rubber frog toy from the car and even though Laia got LOUD over the now-missing duckie a moment or two of insane froggie singing on her car seat had her calmed down again.

And body part showing! When Laia starts getting upset over something we ask her where her nose is, or where dada's eye is, or bubka's earring. Laia likes to point to parts so it often pulls her out of a tantrum if you can get her pointing to things.

Okay, off to work I go...have a great afternoon mamas!
Avena's Avatar Avena 01:43 AM 05-17-2006
Hey mamas,
Glad to hear I'm not alone w/ a screecher! Yes I agree distraction is the key!
whew it's soo hard sometimes!!!

Clay: how's the balms coming along?

AEZMama: I haven't forgotten abt. the foot soak I was going to send you, sorry..I've been soo busy!

this site is carrying my teas! Yipee!!! They only carry 6 out of the 14 teas I make, but hey it's a great start, until our site gets up!
http://www.craftsburykids.com/index....S&Category=256

And we are selling at the farmer's mkt's for a couple weeks as they are very selective on who they let in for the season..That's my nice way of saying it

Blessings!
mighty-mama's Avatar mighty-mama 03:48 PM 05-19-2006
Had to give us a bump, we were on the 4th page...

Thanks for the tantrum advice, boy it really grates on my nerves, I guess I should've realized this was ahead for me, with my stubborn high needs boy... I constantly think "thank goodness he's cute"..
JustVanessa's Avatar JustVanessa 06:00 PM 05-19-2006
Hola Mamas!

Woo hoo...its a long weekend here! We are going to the lake and Byrons godmother is coming so it will be lots of fun.

Clay- Guess what finally showed up? The samples you sent me. They are great! Thank you so much

Byron has discovered the great art of climbing. He can knock over the laundry hamper and climb up on it and sit there...then fall off. He thinks its great. My FIL just bought us one of those plastic slides for the back yard. Byron is big enough to do it all by himself and he loves it.

Gotta run mamas! Must make the most of nap time
HAve a great weekend
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 03:11 PM 05-20-2006
My gods! I could have walked those to Canada! I hope they had a fun adventure...are there cool and unusual stickers showing that they were sent hither and yon?

Avena- the balms are getting off the ground. My personal website links to my etsy store (www.notfarfromthetree.com) but there's still a link to Laia's pictures on the bottom of the page. I've had a few sales off of Etsy, and a few to people who emailed me after looking at the store (so they didn't buy through etsy, but they were still etsy people). The Momma Bird's Nest lady is just getting her online store back on it's feet (she had some family emergencies right on top of each other) so I'm hoping that with her advertising connections once her store is going full force again my balms will grow as well. Fingers crossed!

It's good to hear that your teas are doing well and you've got a good online outlet! I wish I had a bit more spare cash around the house...there are some seriously yummy looking items (along side your tea of course!) on that craftsbury kids page.

Laia's been very high needs yesterday and today so I've got to run...be well all!
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 03:46 PM 05-20-2006
I just posted on another thread and realized I'm now a senior member! Heh...what fun! I wish I'd been paying attention though...I would have made post #1000 something interesting instead of a discussion of vitex dosage!
Avena's Avatar Avena 12:26 AM 05-21-2006
Hey mamas,
Anyone else have a SUPER SUPER CLINGY baby?
OMG I'm about to go mad! DD will not let me put her down for a min. so I can pee. let alone drink some coffee...She's cutting 3 teeth..Please tell me it's the teeth, and when they finally are all in she'll be normal again?

She insists on crawling over to me grabbing my leg holds on pulls her self up and clings like a little monkey....Ahhh!
Anyone relate?

Clay: I'm pm'ya

I'm off to rest and FINALLY HAVE TIME ALONE
Lissybug's Avatar Lissybug 12:30 AM 05-21-2006
nak-
Hi mamas- glad to find this group again- I haven't been online much. I have a hard time thinking of james as a toddler. he doesn't walk yet, nursing's still gping strong (though he eats plenty of soluds too) and he does try to say a bunch of things, bbut they're mostly unintelligible. Anyhow- he's babyish still. I'm not worried though- he seems fine- just doing his own thing. unfortunattelt today he's sick. so it's been a long day. i just read thrpugh this thread- it's fun to hear what your little ones are up to, and yourselves. alright- i'll chat again later.
happy weekend to you all!
AEZMama's Avatar AEZMama 01:54 PM 05-21-2006
Avena-Andrew has discovered the fine art of the cling...but I'm loving it right now. He's very huggy lately-so much so that he's been falling asleep during his huggy sessions! He's also mastered the technique of making me look at him by pulling my face to his, pushing it forward if I'm looking away and after he's done that he goes into his new favorite thing-Eskimo kisses (while humming)! He had dh cracking up with the whole moving my head.

And I'll definitely be PMing you Avena before or during my next trip to Boston because I definitely want to put together a basket for a preggo friend of mine, and your teas will DEFINITELY be in there! If you want a little more exposure to new mamas, a friend of mine has a pp support group for new mamas and they often have teas & things there. PM me and I can give you her contact info/address. You know, I wonder if you could do a little marketing through the L&D units at hospitals, through MW offices or via LLL to give little tea packs to new mamas. The first thing I did when I went home and Andrew was in NICU was to get my Mother's Milk tea.

Andrew's also found the joy of climbing, Vanessa. I was laying in front of the ottoman and he used me as a stairway and was up in no time. He's trying to climb into the tub these days, too. He gets so frustrated when he can't find his footing.

He's pulling up on everything these days, but not steady enough to do any standing on his own yet. He's also "breakdancing" on our kitchen floor-turning in circles while sitting, then crawling and going flat. He LOVES opening the drawers in the kitchen, too.

And I'm sorry for posting this here, but I'm getting desperate and I was hoping maybe some of you mamas might know someone who can help us: My mom gave us her timeshare at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando as our wedding gift since we sacked the traditional thing and eloped. She wanted us to sell it and use the money for a house downpayment. We've had it on the market for 2 years and nary an offer received. If any of you mamas know of anyone who'd like a timeshare for annual trips to Florida (or exchangeable within the resort properties or with an exchange program for anywhere in the world) PM me and I can send more info. It's a 2 bed/2 bath villa that sleeps up to 8 people comfortably.
Avena's Avatar Avena 01:16 AM 05-22-2006
[QUOTE=AEZMama]Avena-Andrew has discovered the fine art of the cling...but I'm loving it right now. He's very huggy lately-so much so that he's been falling asleep during his huggy sessions! He's also mastered the technique of making me look at him by pulling my face to his, pushing it forward if I'm looking away and after he's done that he goes into his new favorite thing-Eskimo kisses (while humming)! He had dh cracking up with the whole moving my head.

And I'll definitely be PMing you Avena before or during my next trip to Boston because I definitely want to put together a basket for a preggo friend of mine, and your teas will DEFINITELY be in there! If you want a little more exposure to new mamas, a friend of mine has a pp support group for new mamas and they often have teas & things there. PM me and I can give you her contact info/address. You know, I wonder if you could do a little marketing through the L&D units at hospitals, through MW offices or via LLL to give little tea packs to new mamas. The first thing I did when I went home and Andrew was in NICU was to get my Mother's Milk tea.

How cute! glad i'm not the only mama! DD is beyond cling..she's moved to VELCRO!!! !!!

I can mail direct for your preggo. friend, FYI either way Yes, Yes I need to get the word out abt. our teas! I'll pm you tomorrow for the info and will be sure to send you free teas for your efforts on spreading the LOVE & TEA!!!! Thanks for the support

DD is climbing like a monkey! She now climbs stairs..Hold on to objects w/1 or no hands and takes Steps! She is also doing this butt up in the air crawl..I'm not sure what it is! But it's funny to watch her on a 4's and her tushie waaay up high scooting around!

She's also has become insistant on assisted walking and if you try to put her down she freezes and won't bend! She stiffens up to keep walking!
Anyone else SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED???
Today I felt like I did after giving birth! Maybe cuz she's been thrashing at night and DH is sick....Ahhh let's pray for sleep and NO MORE RAIN HERE!!!
SLEEP AND SUN...You warm weather mamas here me .....Share

Be well!
Cardinal's Avatar Cardinal 10:57 AM 05-22-2006
I am really tired, too. Our DS has been waking up a lot more at night the past few weeks. Ever since his 12 month shots...: Not sure if there is a correlation. Anyhow, I too feel really tired.

Has anyone had their DC wean themselves? I am just curious because several relatives have told me their 10 and 11 month old babies weaned themselves naturally. I think DS is taking me to college with him so he can keep bf. Seriously he is that into it still. And, he does bite. I never thought it'd happen. Sigh.

DS climbs and runs everywhere and babbles and screeeches. He loves to be outside and play in the dirt. Definately a boy. Anyone take their DC to the pool? I think I want to take him this summer. It is hot as hades here in LR during the summer so I might have to....
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 03:00 PM 05-22-2006
Quote:
their 10 and 11 month old babies weaned themselves
That's prime age for a nursing strike...if a little one stops nursing on their own suddenly (like one day they nurse and the next they wont) then that's probably a strike. Actual child-led weaning usually happens when the little one cuts out a nursing session here, another one there, and so forth until they're not nursing at all...and this process can take months or even years before the little one decides they're done.

I really admire the mamas who can commit fully to child led weaning...I don't want to wean dd abruptly, but I think that I'll be leading the weaning process around 2.5 years with the goal of full weaning (except for the occassional bed time nursing) by 3 years. Of course, DH and I are on the road to TTC dc2 so that will certainly impact the timeline...so many mamas lose their milk and while I'd hope dd and I could make it through the pregnancy and tandem with the new babe, I'm not going to beat myself up over it if it doesn't happen!

speedknitter's Avatar speedknitter 04:17 PM 05-22-2006
Is is "mama"....no
Is it "dada"...no

It's DOG!
: : :
Of course it sounds more like "gog" but she points at dogs (even other, tiny dogs and pictures of dogs) and says the word...so cute!

She is also very interested in stairs, and is doing well at them because she is quite tall (like her mama, I am 5'11"). I am trying to teach her to go down them backwards, has anyone else had success at this?

We are REALLY looking forward to the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. Anyone have special plans? We are going up to our mountain house, and having a few friends come up for the weekend which will be great.
Cardinal's Avatar Cardinal 05:13 PM 05-22-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay
That's prime age for a nursing strike...if a little one stops nursing on their own suddenly (like one day they nurse and the next they wont) then that's probably a strike. Actual child-led weaning usually happens when the little one cuts out a nursing session here, another one there, and so forth until they're not nursing at all...and this process can take months or even years before the little one decides they're done.

I really admire the mamas who can commit fully to child led weaning...I don't want to wean dd abruptly, but I think that I'll be leading the weaning process around 2.5 years with the goal of full weaning (except for the occassional bed time nursing) by 3 years. Of course, DH and I are on the road to TTC dc2 so that will certainly impact the timeline...so many mamas lose their milk and while I'd hope dd and I could make it through the pregnancy and tandem with the new babe, I'm not going to beat myself up over it if it doesn't happen!

I always thought it seemed young for a child to lead the weaning... but I swear I have been told that it "happened" and the child "never wanted boob again." ???? Dunno!

I too am trying to teach DC to climb off of couches backwards and to get down stairs backwards but to no avail. He just crawls or walks right off of the bed (into my arms of course because I don't leave him unsupervised!!!!)
Anyone have any tips?
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 06:09 PM 05-22-2006
Gah...I'm so upset, I've just got to mini-vent.

Dh and I bought a house a few years ago in a "not so good but getting better" neighborhood and we've really worked with our neighbors to get the area moving on the right track. These past few months though it's almost like we haven't done anything...drug activity is up (with open dealing on the street during the day and certainly at night), there have been two shootings and three stabbings this year, and there's been a rash of gang graffiti and petty crime in the neighborhood.

Three days ago the empty rental house next door to us got a new family. Right off the bat they were a bit confrontational (DH welcomed them to the neighborhood and they told him to mind his own business). They also left their empty drink bottles on our porch and got very upset when Mike gave them back to them (and DH was really polite...just said something like "people sometimes leave things on our porch and we didn't want you to forget where you'd put these"). Then yesterday one of the sons in that family threw his half empty drink container into our side alley (sort of a tiny yard with a fence, flowers, and wood chips). DH was on the porch, gave the drink container to the kid and asked him to throw the can away instead of throwing it in our yard.

That night as we were heading out to go shopping a guy stopped us and, in a really friendly manner, told us that "you gots to be less territorial" and mentioned that when people don't get along sometimes people "lose the way" and can get hurt. He was really chummy, but we'd never seen him before and frankly considering the recent violence his "message of brotherly concern" wasn't all that innocent sounding to me. I know I recognized the oldest son of our new neighbors as a regular dealer from a few blocks over and I'm scared that this was some sort of message from him to my DH.

Sigh...when I got home from work today the fence in our side yard had been pulled out, there was trash in the alley and in the street in front of our house (and on the steps of our new neighbor's house). I picked up the litter, re-set the fence, and will keep an eye on the situation but I HATE feeling like I need to be on guard or on edge in my own home.

My parents want us to move in with them (or into a smaller home on their property) and I really don't want to. But I also don't want DH stabbed because he was picking up litter or Laia threatened because some people are idiots. I love this home and all the work we've put into it and this community...and now this.

I just want to cry.
speedknitter's Avatar speedknitter 06:27 PM 05-22-2006
Boy that makes me and all at the same time.

Your family's safety is the most important thing...in the end your home is where you make it. I think I'd be outta there pretty darn fast.

Have you talked to any of the "good" neighbors about the situation?

JustVanessa's Avatar JustVanessa 07:58 PM 05-22-2006
Oh clay- to you mama! That is so crappy. Don't have much time to chat but couldn' read your post and not reply.
mighty-mama's Avatar mighty-mama 08:57 PM 05-22-2006
Wombat, how scary, I would feel uncomfortable too..

AEZ, how funny, about the Vistana. Dh and I got a week for a wedding gift. We've been there several times... Very nice. ***When is your week, dh's family is looking for arrangements for a family vacation next spring..
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 10:19 PM 05-22-2006
Dog! That's a good solid first word.

I actually wish we could move, but we bought this house using a special program for "low income 1st time buyers" and if we move before we've lived here 5 years we have to pay a pretty steep penalty. We've been here for three years so far and have put SO much effort into fixing up this place (it was a former crack house, but it was built in 1913 and has amazingly gorgeous Arts&Craft style details like stained glass, leaded glass, beautiful woodwork and columns, etc)...and I also hate the feeling that I'm being "forced" to move.

My parents live about half an hour outside Ithaca on a few acres and they thought we could rent out the Ithaca house and live with them for a while. It's really beautiful out there, but we'd need a more reliable car (not in the budget) in order to get to work and my parents have a very firm religious practice which isn't compatible with DH and I so long term home sharing isn't really a healthy option.

I'm hoping the initial "rude" response was just people being cranky over moving, and maybe they just haven't lived in a neighborhood where littering isn't a norm? And today's litter/fence knocked down thing could ahve been the normal response of a 14 or 15 year old who was angry at having been "caught" by a neighbor? Gah...I'm planning on having a backyard BBQ once the weather warms up again (it SNOWED...SNOWED!!!! today) and inviting them. Sort of a more laid back "welcome to the neighborhood, oh by the way maybe you'd like to join the neighborhood watch?" event?

thanks for the hugs though...I hate this "negative" feeling but I also don't want to assume good intentions right into a major problem! (if that makes sense)
Avena's Avatar Avena 02:17 PM 05-23-2006
Aww, Clay..I'm sorry to hear! I do hope it gets better, that really sucks!
Sending you some ...I know this may sound absolutly insane but have you thought about baking them some cookies and saying here," I think we should start over again and welcome you" Ok, it may be totally not appro. esp after the last conversation/fence issue..So take it for what it's worth..But Sometimes I found when people are so outwardly mean/aggressive that if you totally be real w/love and compassion they will (sometimes, not always) change their ways toward you....i know I'm preaching, sorry! Just trying to help!!!!

DD is a motor mouth: She's say's Dog, Tree, Door, Keys, Nana (my mom hearts melts) Nana is also for Ban. too... Kitty, guitar, bird...The other day she said WOW, whoa...And she put three words together "Oh, the bird"
DH & I were shocked!

Ahh this week sucks,
Dh is SOOO sick... Wejust got back from the Naturopathic MD...We went cuz DH's ear was infected w/pain and it was bleeding
So we are thinking he's got some impacted wax or such...The ND says DH has a growth that is covering 90% of his inner ear that's why he can't hear and it's painful......He's ref. us to a Ear MD.... Say's he can't do anything for the pain, WTF?????????????

We are at what they found, don't know what to do because we have NO health Ins. I cannot even think how much $$$$$$$ Ear surgery is w/out Ins.... I feel like
MaryJaneLouise's Avatar MaryJaneLouise 02:30 PM 05-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avena

We are at what they found, don't know what to do because we have NO health Ins. I cannot even think how much $$$$$$$ Ear surgery is w/out Ins.... I feel like
Avena, what state do you live in? some states have a CHIP (children's health insurance program) that has higher family income limits than medicaid. You should ask your doctor's office about it.
AEZMama's Avatar AEZMama 03:14 PM 05-23-2006
Oh Clay! Do you think you could go to the place where you got your grant and explain why you might move? Do you think that would help?

Avena-If you go to Boston City Hospital, they have a free care program there and you can also apply for free insurance at Mass General. I think the Mass General (if you qualify) gets you a year of care. City Hospital Iknow for sure has a program b/c when dh was without insurance and had serious eye issues, he got everything for free-exams & meds. I'm just not sure about surgery. BCH is something that you would want to block a day for. Good luck!

Jess-our week is in the late summer/early fall. It's a floating week, I believe, but I think can be exchanged within Vistana. We've never actually been there or used it since we're driving distance. Ugh-I just want to get rid of it!

Keep fingers crossed for me mamas...we went into an autograph shop yesterday in the area and I started talking with the sales woman. She lets me know that the store sells the largest private collection of autographs in the world from a wealthy Palm Beach collector. I mean there are personal items from the Rolling Stones to an autographed baseball from the 2004 Red Sox to items from Ben Franklin and Samuel Adams there. REALLY cool interesting stuff. Well, long story short is the sales woman is going to Harvard to get her masters and will need a replacement and after our chat thought I'd be a great possibility. I just sent her my resume! We need the extra $$, and it would be a great job-we'd just have to do some creative car exchange and I'd have to find daycare for Andrew (who is currently having fun headbutting the sliding glass door). If that works out, we also have the possiblity of moving to a larger place for the same price we pay now. Unless we win the lottery, then all bets are off!

Take care mamas!
JustVanessa's Avatar JustVanessa 03:43 PM 05-23-2006
Oh wow lots to post and so little time

AEZmama- good news! My fingers are crossed for you!
Avena- OMG! How scarey for you and dh. I second AEZ....look for somewhere with free coverage.
Where can I find a link to your teas?

Clay- I think if I was in your place I would lie low for a bit and see what kind of people your new neighbours are. Since it is a rental..any chance they will move on in a short while?

I need help mamas!
Byron's molars are coming in and teething tablets are doing absolutly nothing this time around. He has went from sleeping 730 to 730 with a couple of quick boobie breaks and having a 2 hour nap to sleeping 9 to 530 with 2 or 3 half hour screaming fits in the middle of the night. I am using lots of Advil but I don't really like to. I am just really tired.
Any suggestions?
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 05:44 PM 05-23-2006
Avena- I'm so sorry mama! That just stinks. I hope it turns out to be something they can resolve without surgery...maybe it's due to an infection and they can clear it up with medication? When I lived in Stoughton we didn't have insurance and I got pneumonia...I was temping at Beth isreal Deaconess at the time and they had a "no insurance no problem" clinic every week. I was able to get a free exam and free antibiotics. Maybe call the city social services office, or the WIC office, or even a local doctor's office to ask who provides care?

AEZmama- Yay! Oh my fingers are crossed! It sounds like things are going to work out so well...you totally deserve the nicer apartment and cool job!

The program we were part of when we bought our house is really cool. Basically they pay the downpayment on the house if you meet certain income guidelines and buy a house in a certain "type" of neighborhood. The idea is that people take better care of their property when they own, and that neighborhoods with lots of owner/occupant homes have less crime and a more friendly atmosphere. If you sell or move within 5 years though you have to pay back the down payment plus a fee (but if you don't move until after 5 years you never have to pay back the grant). It was wonderful and let us buy a house in Ithaca which would never have been possible without the grant. On the down side, we're on the messy edge of gentrification.

I'm going to invite the neighbors to a BBQ this weekend so I'll let you know what happens!

Vanessa- hugs mama...I don't have much advice though. Laia has one molar all the way in (with the other three in various stages of "ouch") and it was tough. She nursed and cried more or less non-stop for 72 hours with the first one. We used baby advil (and if you're going to use it it's better to give the advil BEFORE the babe is in a lot of pain since it works better at preventing the pain than it does at soothing it), orajel, hyland's teething tablets, bach rescue remedy, an amber teething necklace (re-worked into an anklet), cold teething toys, boobie juice and frozen banana cubes in a mesh feeder, and lots of really firm things to bite on (like the handles of wooden spoons and other items that she could get all the way to the back of her mouth and CHOMP).

Hang in there...it will pass, but I know how much fun it isn't till it does!
AEZMama's Avatar AEZMama 10:15 PM 05-23-2006
Vanessa-so sorry to hear about Byron. I have to say that we really lucked out with Andrew because I never realized he cut his molars until a few days ago when I was tickling him and he finally opened up wide enough for me to see. He won't let me get my fingers in there at all. What I used when he first teethed was a little Rescue Remedy which helped tremendously and though it has a small alcohol content, you're only giving 4 drops of the tincture to him at each dosing so it's not going to be harmful. My grandmother swears by a finger dip in whiskey and rubbed on the gums...but that was always going to be my last resort.

Clay-your program sounds similar to something that we are working towards here in PBC. There are 2 grants-one from the city and the other from the county-that we qualify for (once we get some credit cards paid off) and can get a good amount so long as we buy in West Palm proper. I just wish that we had heard of it last year when we found our perfect 1st home and had to let it slip away in the competitive market. There's so much available now it's astounding. Figures! We were actually house hunting about an hour before I went into labor last year (I think Andrew knew my frustration and decided to nip it in the bud!).
Avena's Avatar Avena 12:35 AM 05-24-2006
Boy we are all dealing w/loads of stuff! I'm getting flash backs of high school when I used to watch soaps...:!

Here's what the show would be called"April Mamas, as the world turns, babes cutting teeth, new job prospects, crappy neighborhs and illness...

UPDATE: DH'S EAR IS ALMOST UNGLOGGED : : He's been at it all day w/peroxide & h20..then warm olive oil..I won't gross you out w/all the details of how much crap came out of his ears! Let's pray he can be free of pain and hear again!!!!! I'm soo hoping it's not a growth and just an infection that abcessed and caused the bleeding but we are still going to the ear md...They say they can't get us in until JULY!!! So we will keep looking!

THANKS MAMAS FOR ALL THE ADVICE on the free medical care, I'm gonna look into it!

Vanessa: Hugs to you & B!
I have no tested molar advice, as DD is FINALLY Cutting 3-4 teeth (she won't really let me in there either)

Have you tired Chamomile & catnip tea?

Catnip helps w/pain..Chamomile helps ease the little one..I have a teething tea I make, but it sounds like you need something NOW???

This has worked so far for DD..Mix equal parts of each herb and steep..Soak a wash cloth and let B chop/suck away...You can also make this into ice cubes if B perfers cold to warm..DD hates cold for Her teeth.. I 2nd the rescue rx!!!

Oh, here's the link where you can find some of my teas...This isn't my site..As you all know it's still in progress!
http://www.craftsburykids.com/index....S&Category=256

AEZmama: GOOD LUCK!!! I really hope you get the job..They'd get one great mama!!!!

Clay: Good luck w/the neighbors

Allrigth mamas,
May the powers in the allmighty universe!
that be give us* Pain free teething babes, *The new job we want/need, *Nice respectful neighbors, DH's ear to be free of pain restore hearing........ Anything else???

Oh yeah, I'm soo glad I have you all
Avena's Avatar Avena 12:02 AM 05-25-2006
Vanessa:
I forgot to mention for teething,we have had NO luck w/Hylands But LUCK w/Bioron's Homeopathic Camilia, these are liquid drops and work like a charm....They were hard for me to find locally..So I went to www.webvitamins.com or www.drugstore.com
I can't remeber which one has them but you get 40 tubes for $7.....SOOOOOO worth it!
1  2  3 4 

Up