April 2005 mams May thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 115 Old 05-25-2006, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got a question for you mamas...now that we've entered the realm of toddlerdom, when does everyone plan to start potty training? Has anyone tried EC and if so, how have your experiences been? Andrew poops up a storm and potty training just keeps popping into my head.

I heard back from the gallery today and I'm just waiting for the owners to get back from a trip in a few weeks. I'm excited but a little sad to think of having to leave Andrew during the day, though I know it's best for all of us! I'm hoping my friends step sister comes down from Chicago for the summer-she can help watch Andrew and speak Polish to him (since she speaks only a little English). Any ideas on how to split a car?!

Jen-great news on dh's ear! Definitely check out Mass General and Boston City's programs.
#92 of 115 Old 05-25-2006, 05:10 AM

Hi Mamas!

I'm Janaya, mother to my son Avery born April 20th 2005. I'm usually an MDC lurker, but thought I'd pop in to say hello.

I'm really enjoying watching Avery's transformation into toddlerhood. He's not walking yet, as he's a cautious boy. But he talks quite a bit. His first word was a very clear "kitty!" around 10 months. And now he's at a stage where new words are popping up regularly. He often parrots what I say and even repeated "Good job, Kiernan!" as I praised a little friend for patting him gently.

I love watching him explore and start to learn some simple boundaries. A friend of mine gave me a great reminder that the fits they throw when they're mad about stuff isn't neccesarily an attempt to get you to do what they want, but more just an expression of frustration. Such a simple statement, but I really appreciated how true it was, and am quick to hug him and say it's okay to be mad that mama doesn't want you (fill in the blank).

He's still nursing strong, which I love. It's so nice to have that down time together. And he expresses such joy, it's like all the hard work of the first several months are REALLY paying off now (we had a series of GREAT difficulties, including tongue-tie and slow weight gain, it was honestly a nightmare for a long time, fighting the lack of education in mainstream pediatrician environment about breastfeeding and working on getting him physical therapy to fix his suck. Once that finally got rolling, whatdoyouknow, he finally started gaining weight. Now he's a nice 20lbs. Far far from my little "Failure to Thrive: boy). :P

He eats really well. He loves hummus, chili, any bean dish, asparagus, broccoli, roasted carrots, and fruit. He recently mastered a straw sippy cup and is CRAZY about water. It's the best stuff!

We're still delaying vax, and will be doing them one at a time and on our own schedule.

We're trying to conceive now, though trying not to try TOO hard but just let it happen as/if it will at this point. Ideally, we would like Avery and his younger sibling to be fairly close in age.

I stay home with Avery and have recently been blessed with two part time jobs which I mostly do from home. It' s such a relief to know that we can stop dipping into savings each month now. I'm so sick of feeling sick about money. And yet, if I can avoid working full time, I'll do whatever it takes.

That's pretty much my (novel of a) story! It's nice to find you mamas here. I only pop onto mothering every week or so normally, and don't post that often, but just wanted to let you know i'd be reading and piping up periodically. It's nice to find a community of mamas with similar aged babes AND similar parenting styles.
#93 of 115 Old 05-25-2006, 12:10 PM

: Janaya! Welcome new mama!

Oiya mamas,
DD is scaling the walls trying to walk! Yesterday she did walking laps around the desk while holding on..She pushes her self up the wall and shimmies to the side..I'M IN FOR BIG TROUBLE NOW

Her new words to me are !!!!

DH's ear is till clogged but he's free of pain! Let 's pray it opens and he can hear again

Aez: I'm praying you get the job! Could you take Andrew w/you? Doesn't sound like it but just a thought! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
#94 of 115 Old 05-25-2006, 03:55 PM

Welcome Janaya!

yay for ears free from pain!

About EC and potty training...we did give EC a try when Laia was around 5-6 months. She'd always pee after her evening bath so we got a little potty (the bright red baby bjorn one with the teddy bear) and we popped her on the potty after her bath. She'd pee in the pot, give us a grin, and we'd be saved that diaper.

Anyway, once she learned to crawl she lost interest in sitting on the potty...some days she'd sit and pee, others she'd crawl away and leave a little river of pee behind her.

We're thinking that now that the weather is warming up and she an go bare bottomed a bit more that we're going to make potty learning a priority. She can walk, she can talk, she knows when she goes (she'll make the ASL sign for "dirty" and she'll bring us a clean diaper) though she doesn't seem to always know when she NEEDS to go. So we'll see.

Anyone have any proven tips or tricks?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#95 of 115 Old 05-26-2006, 12:27 AM

Welcome Janaya!

Thanks for your potty insight, Clay. I don't think I'm going to be too serious about it until Andrew walks, but it's time to get into the mindset!

So, Andrew finally did it today...I was taking my shower and his favorite thing it to hang over the side of the tub so I let him. Well, as I was shampooing my hair I hear a thud-he propelled himself over the side and into the tub! I popped him out, stripped him down and let him play on the tub floor until I was done then I filled the tub for him to play. He had taken a shower with DH earlier, so he had 2 showers and a bath within 2 hours! And of course he couldn't go to sleep without his lavender bath.

Any nutritionist mamas out there? I need to do some caloric increases for Mr. Active-any suggestions of what I might be able to give him? Andrew will not put anything in his mouth voluntarily, so that is the biggest hurdle. If I could get him to eat little things on his own, I think we'd have a totally different kiddo.

I'm excited and I hope I don't jinx myself here...DH wants me to start looking for a new job for him and after my inlaws come at the end of July, I can even start looking back in Boston! My heart is !!!!!!!!!!!!
#96 of 115 Old 05-26-2006, 05:55 AM

: Aloha Mama's!!!!
It's been a while... I have had a good time reading though the posts for the last while. I love to hear about all the april babies adventures! Tenzin, like many others is quite the boy! He loves to get into mischif of one kind and another. He is climbing everything too... He has a svan scooter, and doesn't just ride it FAST but balances on the seat with his hands in the air. yikes. Up until a few days ago he had only had a few head bonks, but now he is bruised and scratched all over.... He loves balls, and loves to say "ball" and calls anything remotly round a ball, like the moon or a pregnant belly He signs well for most things, but has made up sounds for certain works, like "brrrrrrmmmm" for car and does a clicking sound when he finds a gecko, it's really quite cute. He says half of many words, "Dah" for dog, "Shh" for shoe, Ect.

To answer the potty training thing, We started EC at 8 months, which is considered late... but he took to it easily and has since pooped on the potty most of the time, ahhhhhh, no poopy diapers when you're doing cloth it's even more rewarding! He still pees in his diapers, but he will pee pretty much whenever we put him on the potty. I just held him on our potty for a long time, but then got a small potty, which didn't go well, it was too easy to just get up and play with it, so now we just have one of those small seats that sits on the potty, he likes the handles, and it keeps his hands out of the potty! At this point we don't have to prompt him, we just sit him on it, and he tries to go. He usually goes right away, but we have books if it takes a while. He is always happy to go.
I guess in the beginning it's just learning what to look for when they have to go, which is easier to do if they are nudie cutie and you can observe. Then take them when you notice there cue, then cue them they are good to go. You can do the "shhhh" or just say pee pee or poop, whatever you use.
Someone mentioned letting them go at a certain time of day when they are most likely, and this is a good way to start out, so that they will feel successful. For Tenzin, he usually wakes up dry and needs to go right away- like we all do. So after waking in the morning and after naps is prime time.
It's really worth the effort. Tenzin is so proud of himself he claps and smiles afterwards.
Good luck to those of you that want to try it.

How many of you still have baby in your bed?? I'm not ready for him to have far away, but after a sleepless night last night (more molar cutting here!) I have made a little bed right next to ours on the floor. They are the same hieght so it's like one big bed. I just need some space. My friend said she got her baby her own bed away from theirs, and now she sleeps thougth the night, (doesn't wake upt to nurse) temping I must say! Tenzin still nurses a few times at night, which is ok, but I would LOVE to sleep through the night again, especially now that he's past a year.
Sometimes I think he wants to nurse only because he wakes a little and smells me. any thoughts?
He still nurses A LOT, and I am hoping to cut it down to just before naps and bedtime. I would also like to try to concieve soon, and would like to have him nursing less if I'm pregnant. He nurses like 12 times a day still, maybe more!
It's hard to cut them off, so far I have never refused him when he signs for milk. I'm pretty sure he is nursing more now to help soothe the tooth pain.

Sorry for the long post... I have been paddling a lot lately and haven't had much time online- had to put it all together. Hope you are all doing well and having fun with your little ones!
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/HTML][/COLOR]
#97 of 115 Old 05-26-2006, 10:13 AM

Heyla UllaBulla!

We recently moved from a queen sized mattress on the floor to two twin sized mattresses held together by a king sized fitted sheet. This way we all have a little more room (okay, a lot more room). Laia decided a few weeks ago that sleeping curled up against my belly was no longer as much fun as squirming around, kicking people in the head, pretending to be a convulsing starfish, etc. The extra space of the "king" has been wonderful. The only down side is that the queen is a comfy cushy pillow top and the twins are extra firm. I'm still trying to decide if the extra space is worth the stiff surface.

We might switch back to the queen with a single twin next to it. We tried this first and the height difference was just too much. But Mike might sleep on the twin leaving Laia and I the whole queen. Our plan was to gradually move the twin mattress away from the queen so that we'd all be sleeping in the same room but not necessarily in the same bed. We all sleep in the "nursery" now, but eventually Mike and I will move to the attic which we're revamping into a sort of master bedroom.

We want another little one soon (we're ttc using the "not trying NOT to conceive" approach) and would probably share a room with Laia, share a bed with the new babe, and then move the new babe into Laia's bed when new-babe was around a year or so.

And yes...the night nursing is starting to get to me as well. We have molar issues too and for the last two nights Laia has been nursing for 5-10 minutes every hour on the hour. I'm at work and I'm about ready to fall over.

Ah well...that's why nature made them so darn cute!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#98 of 115 Old 05-26-2006, 11:47 AM

Hey mamas!
Well DD is still snuggled next to us, I can't imagine having her not! BUT the last few weeks all she does is roll, kick, roll, kick! UUGH....I feel like i'm not getting much sleep either!
She too nurses Alot...We've been thinking of pottying her...She's almost walking and soo receptive I'm thinking it's a great time!

DD is scaling everything to stand up and walk by herself...She's soo darn cute, she get's up and when she is fully standing has a huge grin and say "whoo-ooo" she's proud! Ah mama for sure!

Well, I think you ttc mamas need some of my preconception teas, eh? LMK and I'll send ya some!
Allright off to get work done so we are ready for the Farmer's Mkt. tomorrow..Wish us big sales $$!

Aez: that's awesome what kind of job is your DH looking for? I'll keep on the look out..I'm getting a pkg. ready for you!

*****Diet, for calories..Does Andrew like Avocado? it's great for cal's and high in healthy fats! DD LOVES them!!!! I'll keep thinking of yummy high cal. healthy foods for him......

Have a great weekend mamas!
#99 of 115 Old 05-26-2006, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

AEZmama- will andrew use a straw? You can make some great high fat smoothies with yogurt and such in a blender. Byron thinks using a straw is lots of fun.

Byron does not sleep with me, he hasn't since he was 6 weeks old. He sleeps in his own room in a crib which is only about 4 feet from my room. I can still hear him snore
We all sleep a bit better this way. I am still up 1-2 times a night usually to nurse. Sleeping on their own isn't always a cure all for the no sleep thing
Still no molars...I wish they would just come!!!!! Gonna go the the health food store and get some catnip tea today.
I have not even thought about the whole potty thing. He still has no idea he is even peeing (even when its all over me ) I am going to wait until he is 2 before we even broach the topic.
I have seen alot of people with potty trauma and I am an inpatient person. I would hate to give Byron a potty complex KWIM?

Anyways, have a good day mamas!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#100 of 115 Old 05-28-2006, 04:36 PM

Hey there mama's..

We are still co-sleeping as well. Noah likes to sleep sideways between us, usually with his head on one of our bellies. He sleeps straight until 2am and then squirms until about 4am and then usually snuggles with dh until he wakes up. Every so often he wakes up and wants a little sip from his sippy cup, but normally he takes his pacifier. (I never thought I'd be able to wean him at night, thankfully he did it on his own before treatment)

I originally wanted to start potty training this summer, but this kid has been pooping 6x a day. Must be all that fruit/veggies. He also gets incredible diaper rashes from cloth diapers... I know odd!!! If we don't change him the second he's finished pooping, he'll get a horrible rash, which has gotten so bad it's turned into a yeast infection. We were hoping to use our cloth straight this summer but with everything and moving back w/ my FIL, I don't think he'll take to it.

Same thing w/ the co-sleeping since we're going to move into a strange environment and then buy a house next spring, we're not even going to try to ease him out until we're re-settled.

***Anyone use a lawn sprinkler yet. OMG he loves it, although he doesn't enjoy when the water hits him in the face...

Everyone have a wonderful memorial day..
#101 of 115 Old 05-29-2006, 07:09 PM

Happy Memorial Day-especially to those mamas who have loved ones in the Military.

OMG-I'm so glad to hear that Andrew isn't the only poop factory here! Yikes-I really can't keep up with it! And I won't even go into the scent that announces he's just pooped....

We're on the verge of Andrew's 15th tooth! It's amazing-this kid has a mouth full of teeth and he's not really using them! I did try him on goat milk recently and he really likes it (Thanks Mighty Mama for the suggestion). I just wish it wasn't so expensive. It has brought his overnight drinking down considerably and I think I may have him on the verge of sleeping through the bulk of the night-just have to get these new teeth in.

Keep your fingers crossed for us, mamas-dh is looking for a new job. He has a headhunter who revised his resume and has 3 great options for him. So long as he can find something at his current salary but with the benefits much cheaper (we cover Andrew at a whopping $300 p/m, but can't afford to cover me right now) and 401K, I'll be happy and shouldn't have to go back to work if I don't want to.

We are in a 1 bedroom place, and because dh is a flip-flopper in bed, I have Andrew in a crib next to my side of the bed. On the nights before dh's days off, he loves to co-sleep with Andrew so I let them sleep together while I go out on the sofa bed. It's very cute AND I can get a good nights sleep once in a while!

Well, I'm getting the call of the savage babe! Take care mamas!
#102 of 115 Old 05-29-2006, 07:26 PM

Hey nonny nonny all!

So the weather has gone all wonky on us...at the start of the week the temps were in the 40s and low 50s. Yesterday was sunny and in the 60s. This morning we had an insane thunderstorm that lasted about half an hour and now the temps are in the high 70s and the humidity is evil. I'm not sure what Mother Nature thinks she's doing, but I hope she settles on something soon!

This week is the Ithaca Festival...4 days of music, dance, street carnival, and random acts of "ithaculture". Last year Laia was still teeny tiny and I bought a gorgeous batik sling for us. This year I expect she'll be dancing with the best of them!

We still haven't heard from the Vet school about Mike's new job (it's been over a month since they said they want him, and we know he cleared the background check...it's just so frustrating waiting!). We're hoping they'll tell him when he can start (and get paid, and get health benefits, etc) on Monday. That would be a wonderful start to the festival week.

Lots of job hunting going on...good luck to us all (and our partners!)

#103 of 115 Old 05-30-2006, 04:14 PM

I'm so happy to hear about all your perspective job oppurtunities. I hope they work out. DH has a job lined up back in NJ. It's a county job w/ full medical coverage, which we so need as our insurance costs us $700 a month. I'm getting discouraged as our house has been on the market for 1 mth and still nothing. I shouldn't be too worried, all the houses in our area are not moving either. And the kicker is we live in an old healthy town, people are dying to live here, I don't understand..

AEZ I can't believe Andrew has 15 teeth. I think Noah has 12. I am glad those molars are in, they must've hurt..
#104 of 115 Old 05-30-2006, 07:35 PM

Hey Mamas! Can't believe May is almost over, hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Julie sleeps in a crib next to our bed, usually with the side rail down so if she lets me know she wants to come over its a little easier for her. About one night a week - for whatever reason - she sleeps with us in bed but most of the time she's happy to be right next to us in her crib. We have started a little nighttime routine of putting her in her crib and saying good night to Curious George and Peter Rabbit and then Julie going to sleep with them. This is a big step as she has always needed to be held to fall asleep until now (which wasn't such a bad thing anyway). She is pretty much out for the night between 10 - 11 pm, and sleeps until about 8 am straight through. :

mighty-mama, thanks for the sprinker idea!!! Can't wait to use it with Julie I think she will have a really good time, as will the doggies. The park right down the street from where I work also has a "play fountain" for kids, I have been thinking about taking her there but most of the kids that play in it are a lot bigger...maybe sometime when there is no-one there.
#105 of 115 Old 05-31-2006, 12:06 AM

Hey hey mamas!

We are getting some serious family time this week-dh has 3 days off in a row! Which is good, because Andrew's molars are making a final push and my poor little monkey is paying the price with little sleep. : I had to break down and get the baby Tylenol for him. He's been sleeping for about 3 hours now with just a little achy cry. He's got such terrible bags under his eyes today. I hope he's better tomorrow.

OK-can I say I love these cute new smilies?!:

Well, dh now has a little bidding war going on-we're hoping that he can get in a couple of interviews in during these next few days. I hope that the one he's really interested pans out because it has fantastic benefits. The benefits alone are worth the job! I heard back from one of the gallery managers about coming in to meet with them. We'll see what happens! Yikes-I'm going to have to get something other than sweatpants and a polo shirt!

Sending you good selling vibes Mighty Mama. I'm beginning to wish my mother hadn't given us that timeshare so that we can sell it for a house downpayment! It'll end up costing us more than we'll get! I wish we lived where property values weren't so high. Ugh.

Sending Mike good job vibes Clay! Have fun at the Festival! That's what I miss about the Northeast in the spring/summer. All of the fun festivals. The Lilac Fest, Grassroots, all the free concerts in Boston. : We only have hurricanes.
#106 of 115 Old 05-31-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
The Lilac Fest, Grassroots, all the free concerts in Boston
OMG...have you been to the Grassroots festival? The people who organize Grassroots live right across the street from my parents (in perry city, aka the middle of nowhere) and growing up I used to play with their kids and sneak into the "private" grassroots party they held out there in the fields!

heh

And 15 teeth! Ouch! Laia has 9 with another molar almost through.

The temps jumped from the 50s to the 90s and I was sick most of last night...I don't do well in hot/humid weather. Mike had to pull out the air conditioner for the bedroom and I took three cool showers, took my salt tabs, drnak plenty of water and STILL thought I'd die. Gah, not a good indication of how the summer is going to go, but then...it was snowing a week or three ago so who knows what tommorw will bring. Good luck with the hurricane season to all our coastal mamas!

#107 of 115 Old 05-31-2006, 04:52 PM

thankfully it's a little cooler here today in upstate NY. It's only 80 degress in my living room. We opened our pool and I have a little fishy. He loves it. That's the one good thing about our house taking longer to sell. It equates to More time in the pool.

Question: Does your dc's know you are mama and dh is dada? Noah seemed to used to call me mama, but now he looks at me and says dada. Dh and I seem to think it's due to the fact that I'm bald like dada .
#108 of 115 Old 05-31-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I'm bald like dada
I remember reading someplace that little babes (I mean little little) recognize people by their "outlines"...so they still recognize someone wearing (or not wearing) glasses as long as the hair stays the same, but if the hair changes they see the person as "totally new".

Maybe Noah is making a joke? Laia loves it when I do something she knows is normally "dada" or "baby" territory (like tring to put her shoes on my feet, or wearing Mike's construction glasses).

They're promising that the weather will break and I can't wait...I'm melting away!

#109 of 115 Old 05-31-2006, 10:11 PM

Clay-I was thinking about you when I saw that Syracuse was going to be in the 90's! My New Englander skin still hasn't gotten used to the humidity here after 4 years (and it hopefully never will). Yes! Grassroots! I used to work at a Morroccan import shop in Rochester and I tried to get them to have a booth there and I'd make custom necklaces and sell some of the other cool items they had...no go. I love that I'm in a place here at MDC where there are other mamas who know the same places & things that I do. Makes it all seem a wee bit closer, ya know?

Andrew has been struck down with Rotavirus : on top of now he has 4 upper teeth coming in! Poor baby is sooooo miserable right now. Not eating, puking when he does and those little gums so sore. : Luckily he's taken to chammomile tea w/ a little honey and pedialite. My poor little monkey.

Speaking of...monkey calls! He's also sleeping terribly, so I have to get him back down.

Happy Hump Day mamas!
#110 of 115 Old 05-31-2006, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Oh hugs to you AEZmama! Byron has another ear infection (or maybe the same one didn't go away?). He has a fever and is super super cranky child.
Byron has 8 teeth and is currently working on the molars. Poor guy.
He knows I am the mum and Stan is the dada. His new big thing is kissing us repeatedly ALL day. I must have had 50 very wet kisses today (his kisses are all open mouthed) Its pretty cute.

There weather here is mild right now. Between 15- 20 degrees celcius. I think 20 is equivilant to 70 F. It is alright. Usually its a bit warmer this time of year....But hey, the snow is finally off the mountain.

Have a good night mamas!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#111 of 115 Old 06-01-2006, 01:11 AM

Oh Mamas Hugs to ya all! Holy teething!
DD is cutting 3 right now, I feel like I'm gonna crack: I'm SOOO tired DD will not sleep! Up till 1 AM then Up at 7am for the day w/no nap and on the go ALLL day! oiyah....
I'm off to try to sleep:
#112 of 115 Old 06-01-2006, 05:27 AM

Hello Tired Mamma's and teething babes!
We're in the same boat (THANK GOD there are others!!!)
Last night I stayed up a little late, as soon as I was ready to go to bed Tenzin got up, and stayed up until 4:30..... I am too tired to think. : I tried to nap with him today, but he wanted to nurse the whole time, so I didn't really sleep. He nurses all the time, isn't eating well, and pretty grumpy. I still have lots to look forward to, he only has 8 teeth, one of them is a molar. CAN'T WAIT!@ did I mention It's also PMS time.... feeling good......
Somehow we have been having a lot of fun during the day though. We got some huge boxes and cut doors and windows, put in a futon and some toys. It has been great fun! Guess it's time for bed. Gotta think about all those hugs and kisses they give and cute things they do all day!! I guess we'll get through it!!! Tenzin took 3 poops on the potty today- he usually just poops once a day. everything is just a little off though.
PS- Tenzin has gone back to calling us both "pappa" I use pappa a lot though, and my husband just calls me Keri, so I can see where it would be confusing.
Sweet dreams to all,
Ulla*
#113 of 115 Old 06-01-2006, 09:19 AM

It's kind of funny...there's another thread about using amber necklaces for teething (it's supposed to make the little one feel better). We do have a necklace given to us by a friend, and Laia wears it as an anklet some days, but honestly I'm more inclined to trust baby advil/hyland's tablets/rescue remedy/and a cold cloth but the necklace is cute and it can't hurt.

Anyway, in the back and forth of that thread I wound up pulling on my librarian hat and digging through some medical databases. There were a surprising number of studies done on teething and they ALL wound up saying that teething does not cause "adverse reactions" in infants and children, or that if teething does have an impact it is very very small and probably not noticable.

At least the studies had the good grace to say that these findings contradict the anecdotal experience of parents and care givers world wide! I wonder if any of the scientists involved have (or had) teething children at home>

Hang in there hot mamas all!

#114 of 115 Old 06-03-2006, 11:04 AM

So, more later cause we're running out the door yet again, but I HAD to share...

You know how Laia calls nursing "boom boom"? Well, at the festival one of the food vendors is Boom Boom BBQ! Mike noticed it first and today we're going to stop and get some so we can have a "family boom boom picture"!

Later all, smile on!

#115 of 115 Old 06-03-2006, 12:06 PM

We may be going to the library summer kick-off today, mostly because they're planning on having some petting zoo animals there. Tomorrow, we're going to spend a few hours at the People's Fair. I'm excited...it's going to be hot, but we should have fun.

Gabriel only has 4 teeth. If he never gets another one, it'll be too soon. : He popped the first two at 9 months, at the same time, and the second two on his first birthday, at the same time. My normally sunny happy kid turns into a crazy monster while he's teething. I don't BLAME him, but man...I could do without the waking up in the middle of the night, since he's slept through the night since he was about 2 months old--maybe a little earlier. (Of course, back then it meant 5-6 hours, and now it means 10-12. )

He's still only taking a few steps here and there, but he's REALLY concentrating on it. We went to visit my mom at work, and he flirted with her cow-orkers and the residents (she's a geriatric social worker).

He's currently talking to his veggie burger and banana. He's learning animal sounds, but right now, most animals say "Moo!" He'll usually tell you what cats say, and he'll mimic what a monkey says. He's such a riot.

Oh! And we start swim lessons next week. We went to the pool yesterday, since he'd never been. He was nervous about it, and pretty clingy, but he did great--no full on screaming or crying, just looking worried and whimpering. This gives me hope that he'll be fine with it after he gets used to it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page