Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-28-2003, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I'm crazy in love with my daughter!

She is so secure! And such a neat person!

She has taken to this school so well, despite the fact that nobody speaks her language!

The director says she played very well, washed her breakfast dishes, and was just plain nice.

I sat and watched her for a while as she ate lunch. She ate so well, in her chair - no squirming, no yucky I don't want to eat this. Then they told her to take her chair to another room for storytime - and she did!

I tell you, it is so fascinating to watch my child interact with little kids who don't even speak the same language!

I'm just feeling really successful as a mom today - and I wanted to share - since there's nobody to brag to!

Oh! The hard part of the day was getting her to come home!
#2 of 13 Old 02-28-2003, 09:47 AM

Oh I'm so glad it went well!!! It does give you a boost of confidence seeing your child "out in the world" and handling it so beautifully!!

Love to you and Miss Iris!!
#3 of 13 Old 02-28-2003, 10:49 AM

Oh, Paris Maman, I'm so happy for you! And Iris, of course!

I understand you feeling succesfull, Sofi started daycare (quite like preschool really, she is 2 1/2) and I feel so proud when she interacts nicely and feels secure. I love to watch her for a while before picking her up!

There is this boy who is having trouble adjusting, and at home she made a drawing for him! I really don't know if he can get the sweetness of it, but I'm sure proud of her!

I am too totally fascinated by her, so I can imagine how fascinating it must be to see her in such unusual situation... I almost envy you! BTW, when my brother was 6 we spent a month in New Zealand and he went to school there despite not knowing the languaje. I was born in Wales and came to Argentina when I was three, and even though my parents spoke spanish at home, I hadn.t talked it untill I came here... Young children and languajes totally awe me!

Anyway, I also guess this acomplishmet and seeng Iris so well must help you a lot in your adjustment to Bishkek... for Iris & you!
#4 of 13 Old 03-03-2003, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
PM
Banned

Thanks you two! That's sweet about Sofi and the picture for the little boy!

Well...three days later Iris has a high fever, runny nose, etc. She hasn't even had one single runny nose all winter! Plus the flu here killed 25 children in January! I'm scared. But I guess we have the money to get her out of here if we needed to. Plus, I'm not sure how much parents are using fever-reducing medicine here.
#5 of 13 Old 03-03-2003, 05:29 PM

(((Paris Maman)))
I hope Iris gets well soon!!!!!!!
#6 of 13 Old 03-03-2003, 05:49 PM
Banned

YEAY IRIS~~ That's great!!!

PM, you are a TERRIFIC mom! You have started Iris off so well!

((Hugs))) and super strong get well fast vibes from me and Kailey!!
#7 of 13 Old 03-04-2003, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
PM
Banned

Thanks everyone! Iris is doing better - long night, but no fever today, just rest at home with mommy and tons of herbal tea!

DD - Thanks! But I'm far from perfect! (oops! Need to take compliments gracefully, huh? OK THANKS! I know, ain't I great? )
#8 of 13 Old 03-04-2003, 10:59 AM

ParisM...awesome. i am impresse with your childs ability to deal with and process preschool, where she doesnt speak the language.

Good job, mama! thats a reflection of your efforts as a mom.
#9 of 13 Old 03-04-2003, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
PM
Banned

Gosh SB3! Are we actually meeting on some kind of level? Nice to meet ya! (not sarcastic)

And thanks for the compliment. She was so sad to stay home today! She said, "Aren't I going to the children's house (hee hee, that's what we call preschool because she has a must-potty-train-if-I-go-to-school thing in her head) to see the little girls? Tomorrow? Ok, good!"
#10 of 13 Old 03-04-2003, 11:13 AM

ParsiM, i know, i thought the same thing. i was laughing as i typed my reply!! i mean, i have agreed with PM 3 times in the last 2 days

Really though, without sounding too warm and fuzzy, gushy...i happen to really like what you have to say, and enjoy your posts thoroughly (except activism!).

the best part about you paris, is that no matter what happens on those war threads, i can agree with you, give you the thumbs up, whatever, and mean it, and you dont roll your eyes, kwim?

and look at your child....whats not to like? a good mom, is a good mom, is a good mom, and your one of them, end of story. that has nothing to do with me disagreeing with you in activism
#11 of 13 Old 03-04-2003, 04:19 PM

You two rock!!! (PM and SB3) Thanks. I really needed that today. Just to know that there is a bottom line, and that is love and support of mom's and babes!!!

And kudo's to you and Iris, Paris, about school. You all are living such an adventure.
#12 of 13 Old 03-04-2003, 05:46 PM

Thanks CV, i need that, too. you made my day.

honestly and truely, i can "take the gloves off" in activism, and totally disagree with several members, really angering me. then, i just click out, see another thread with paris about her precious daughter, and can totally agree with her, can see that she is a good mom, and her daughter seems so precious, kwim? Take the great Hilary, now she can get me going, and i know i aggravate her, yet she was only too happy to help me when there was a possibility i might have to take the smallpox vax. thats true class, truely taking the high road. we can get all snippy in certain forums, but the ultimate bottom line, is our love and devotion to our kids.....no matter how we do it.
#13 of 13 Old 03-05-2003, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter
PM
Banned

warm squishy feelings!

No kidding about the adventure part! Every day! I gotta learn this language though! Enough already! Iris is going to be speaking Russian before I do! Thank goodness I learned to read before I came...at least that!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page