she pooped in the potty - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2003, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i can't believe it. she's not even 17 months old yet. we only bought it this morning and this afternoon, she pulled me into the bathroom, and i helped her get her diaper off and she pooped immediately. and then she got up and unrolled about 4 feet of toilet paper. funny baby!
we bought it today, even though she's young, because this morning when she woke up she indicated that she wanted me to get her diaper off her, and when i did it was totally dry. she bolted from the bedroom and went into the corner of the hallway and pissed about a gallon into the carpet. if the new dog wasn't doing the same thing i might have been annoyed, but since i am already on pee patrol it was no biggie. i just watched her do it, stood there slack-jawed like an idiot.
thought i'd share the moment of the day!
now watch, it'll be a month or more before she asks to use it again. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2003, 09:49 PM

Yea! My 20 mo old has no interest yet. She won't even touch the potty. Except the other day she actually sat down on it. So I'm hoping more interest will come! But I won't pressure her.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:03 AM

It is kind of hit and miss with our two year old...

sometimes she will let us know.."hattapee!!hattapee!!" othertimes she wll just go on the floor...:

Not all those who wander are lost 
Old 03-05-2003, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

:LOL :LOL :LOL abimommy that is so cute!!!!!

today she brought sean the potty, but didn't want to use it. and she seems scared to pee in it. :
i'm wishing i had ECd from the get-go now!
Old 03-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Liz

My boy pooped on the potty for the first time this week, too! He's 2 and half but I'm so glad he did it with no problems. He's been peeing in the potty pretty reliably when he doesn't have a diaper on but the poo thing was starting to worry me. Anyway, I'm not sure he realised he was going to poo. He looked just as surprised as me when he saw it in there! "Mummy, I pooed, big and strong!" (don't know where that came from)
Old 03-06-2003, 12:28 AM

My dd is 18 mo. and for the last 2 weeks has been telling me when she has to go to the bathroom. She seems to have a keen interest in all things potty-related, so I bought her a little potty seat and she has started using it every morning and after naptime. I am a little concerned because she is so young, but she is enjoying her new "ability." If she loses interest though, dh and I will not push the issue.

Amy, mom to Tsuneo, 09/12/01

User Tag List