a knock upside the head - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-04-2003, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
got your attention now don't i?

no, i'm not talking about hitting my baby.
i have noticed a pattern of shoshanna's that is weird. she seems to go right to sleep, happily, after a bonk to the head. she'll be fighting sleep, being fussy and mean, then she'll trip or slip or get knocked over by a dog, and hit her head on the wall or floor or whatever, and then nurse for a very brief period of time and go straight to sleep.

what's up with that?:
#2 of 7 Old 03-04-2003, 11:43 PM

:LOL :LOL

Too funny! Except this is the way it is at my house too! My dd is about the same age as yours (born 10/16/01) and sometimes the only way she'll consent to be rocked at night, which is how she falls asleep now, is if she has had some kind of fall, injury or trauma. Especially when she's really wound up at night, we always smile when she falls, bumps, or gets something taken away by the dog that she'll be ready to go to bed soon. Funny kids, huh!

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#3 of 7 Old 03-04-2003, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

your baby shares my birthday! libras rule! i planned our baby to be an october/libra baby.

well, at least i know she's not the only one. :
i wonder what happens to their brains, physiologically, after an "owie" that helps them sleep. hmmmmmmmmmm
#4 of 7 Old 03-05-2003, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I won't say it is a constant but it is not uncommon for Bonnie to get to a point of tired crankiness where it seems like a moment of focused unhappiness, a very brief cry, will help her get her energy together well enough to settle in and nurse to sleep.
#5 of 7 Old 03-05-2003, 01:05 AM

Usually when we first try and lay dd down she will jump in the bed for a bit I will get up and go to the bathroom causing her to scream then when I get back she nurses her to sleep....:

Not all those who wander are lost 
#6 of 7 Old 03-05-2003, 01:28 AM

This has happened to us as well. I always thought that the crying just took away that last little bit of energy ds had, and then he was finally able to fall asleep.
#7 of 7 Old 03-06-2003, 01:49 AM

same experience here. Just sorta figured he gets too tired to keep his balance, trips or runs into something, and wears himself out crying so he falls asleep fast.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page