DS will NOT take a bath anymore!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-05-2003, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, for some reason, my DS (almost 2)(and no it isn't a power thing-he really seems afraid or in pain or something-there is some real emotion going on there) will NOT get into the tub anymore. He has always taken a bath with DD up till now. When I put him in the tub he screams the entire time, DEFINITELY WON'T SIT DOWN, and sometimes hits his penis. At first I was wondering if it had to do with that, but I sure can't think of anything that would cause him pain.

He use to LOVE, I mean really love his bath and playing in the water. I know one time he fell and his face got in the water and he coughed, (nothing serious IMO) but he had done this before and seemed fine. He loves (use to) to splash and get water everywhere.

So what do I do? I don't want to force him and make it worse, or give him "issues". But he does need to bathe. Help?
#2 of 4 Old 03-05-2003, 04:04 AM

We wiped dd with moist washcloths for more than two years. She once indicated that the water had once been too hot :

She wasn't as clean as most kids in the US, but then again much much cleaner than most kids in the world. And it doesn't seem to have hurt her in any way.
#3 of 4 Old 03-05-2003, 02:15 PM

Interesting. Ds, 21 months, has always loved baths as well. Just last night he refused to take a bath. He wasn't that dirty, so we just let it go, and wipes down his face and hands with a wet cloth. This is the first time it happened, so I don't know if it's a pattern yet, but dh says that ds has not enjoyed the baths as much the past few times. He has always hated getting his hair washed. He has a lot of hair, and we wash it every other bath. And he only gets a bath about 3 days a week. So we don't know if it's because he doesn't want to get his hair washed, or if he just isn't into baths right now.

I definitely wouldn't force it though. If all else fails, a warm wet washcloth would work fine, and when the weather warms up, let him run around naked with the hose!
#4 of 4 Old 03-05-2003, 06:08 PM

My dd went through this just before she turned 2. Out of the blue flat out refused to take a bath. For a while she wouldn't take a shower with me either. So we did the wipe down thing for a while, then I enticed her into the shower with me with some new songs & a couple of "neat new" bath toys (turned out to be a cup & some foaming bath soap) After a while she would come in willingly & then we gradually phased in baths again. It was all just a phase. Hopefully this too shall pass for you!

Angela

Angela: Mum to 3 & wife to the man in the funny suit.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page