Rough Mornings - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2003, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Greetings. I have a 18mth wonderful son who is typically gentle, loving, crazy, responsive, and independent. The last several months our mornings have been very frusturating so I writing for advice, ideas, and support!! He wakes up around 6am crying in his crib (smoothly moved into crib, from our bed, at a year), his father brings him into our bed where he snuggles and nurses for about 15-20 minutes and then all heck breaks loose. He is fussy, crys, wants to read, then has a melt down, wants to nurse and kick, then stands up to yell and fall face down on the bed, etc. Nothing seems to make him happy, he can't stay still, he is basically really unpleasant to be with so we usually all end up getting our of bed by 6:30- 7am frusturated and a little angry at our morning together. Once we get out of bed and walk around he works his way into a good mood. Is this normal? What should I do? I would like to have special time in the morning to snuggle, read quickly together, laugh, basically have calm family time before getting up and beginning the day. Ideas? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2003, 05:47 PM

Our dd just started getting up earlier also. If he's like her, he just wants to be UP. So, I sleepily and sadly get up with dd (usually haul a blanket out onto the couch) and let her start her day.

I'm hoping it's a phase! She wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30.

Old 03-05-2003, 07:15 PM

One of my 10 month old twins is this way some mornings. He wakes, nurses, then starts screaming and wiggling everywhere. Once he's out of bed and playing he's fine. I'm doing everything I can think of to stretch him to 7:00 instead of 6:00 or 6:30 : .
Old 03-05-2003, 07:45 PM

My dd (13 months) used to enjoy snuggling in bed for awhile, but now she's all business - she nurses, and then she's outta there!

If she wakes up fussy, it means she hasn't gotten enough sleep. If it's my day off or a weekend, I'll just put her right back in her crib for more sleep (she rarely protests in these cases)!

~ Meredith, mom to dd(Jan '02), ds1(May '04) and ds2 (June '07) ~ :

User Tag List