Forum Jump: 

#121 of 232 Old 08-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, Potty Training Tribe--
Where are you folks??? LOL!

I just started "night training" Dharma yesterday. She not only slept naked and dry through her first nap, but after I put her on the potty (half asleep) at 1 AM, she made it through the night dry as well. Yippeee! Who would have thought it was possible?

I'm dying to see whether this is good luck, or if I can keep it up. I detailed how I did it in the "Night Training" thread. I'll wait for a week or two, and then let you guys know how it goes.

Otherwise, there seem to be a lot of new people looking to potty train. A good number of them are actually moms of 14 month olds, who are showing potty interest! How cool, huh? I ignored Dharma's interest at that age. It will be interesting to see what comes from having paid attention to the 14 month olds.

Faith
#122 of 232 Old 08-02-2006, 06:03 PM

Hi Faith,

I'm still here! Ani is still doing well on the potty, but for some reason still has the occasional accident. She does really well at night and often wakes up dry. We're not pushing the night thing, though, and even though we have a waterproof cover on our mattress, she gets very upset if she wets and doesn't have a diaper on, so we're waiting on the night part. I ask her whenever she wakes up if she wants to go potty and sometimes she says yes, but if she says no, we just let it go.

I also take her diaper off as soon as she wakes up in the morning, even if she's not fully awake, and she'll hold it until we make it to the potty. I didn't notice that there was a night-training thread, I'll have to check it out. I must admit though, that I kind of cringe at the word "train." I really try hard to follow her lead. It is so hard not to push it though, and be frusterated when she says she doesn't want to go potty and then goes on the floor. Little by little, right?
#123 of 232 Old 08-02-2006, 08:41 PM

I'm a mom to a 14 month old... now wondering if I should be doing something! DD *just* started saying "uh oh" when she pees... but only if she's naked.

We started EC with her when she was 2 mo, but it's been pretty off and on because of me being in school and DH not being too dedicated to it. So I don't know if it's really made any difference in her learning process or not.

but the "uh oh" seems to mean something to me! right?
#124 of 232 Old 08-03-2006, 05:17 PM

My dd just fell asleep on the potty! It was so funny and I took a video of it before pulling her off.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#125 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 12:24 AM

new to this thread, but I'll jump in.

ds 1 is going to be three at the end of october and I honestly got sick and tired of washing his poopy bum LOL I started yesterday by letting him go bare from the waist down. we read some potty books and talked about big kid things to do and using the potty was one of those things. He was interested and as soon as he sat on the potty he peed. wow, I never thought this day would come. He must have been ready since he's only has two tiny accidents, but he held it in as soon as he clicked into what was happening and I reminded him to sit on the potty.

here's the best part,
twice yesterday I was tending to my 5 month old and ds1 was alone for a few minutes. both times I was gone I came back to find a really excited kid saying "Poop!Poop! mom! yay!" the first time i was concerned I would be wiping up a mess but hot damn if that kid didn't actually get it into the potty! I am so amazed by him. I was worried to start too early for fear of him not being successful and developing some self esteem issues or whatever. But, we seem to have hit it at exactly the right time. He's receptive and capable yay!
hooray for big kids!

so my question now is, how long do I do the bare at home business, and when would be a good time to try putting on underwear? I've been keeping him home so we can get through the first little while with the most successes, but I have been putting a training pant on him and getting him to pee before we go out. I've also been keeping going out short, like 30 minutes or so and he's been dry 1/3, with the most recent outing the dry one. I guess they are all different, but maybe there is a common time that it takes kids to remove the association with cloth on their bum and peeing in pants/diaper.

also, what do I do at night? last night we put a diaper on him and tonight he is wearing training pants. I want to be consistent, but I don't want to confuse him with a diaper at night kwim? But I also need him to have absorbency and I'm not sure that training pant can do it.
#126 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani'smommy
Hi Faith,

I'm still here! Ani is still doing well on the potty, but for some reason still has the occasional accident. She does really well at night and often wakes up dry. We're not pushing the night thing, though, and even though we have a waterproof cover on our mattress, she gets very upset if she wets and doesn't have a diaper on, so we're waiting on the night part. I ask her whenever she wakes up if she wants to go potty and sometimes she says yes, but if she says no, we just let it go.
How cool that she stays dry through the night. I just put a matress cover on DD's bed tonight. My first night of NT was succesful. Iput her on the potty at 1AM (basically still asleep) and she peed, then woke up dry.
The second night I got the same results for the 1 AM pot, but I waited too long for her to call me in the morning. By then she had wet and when I got to the bed, she was standing up, leaning on the crib rail, pointing at the potty she couldn't get to before her. So now I know I have to get to her early, considering she can't get out of her crib for herself! LOL! Tonight will be the third night. Frankly, I expect success.

I also take her diaper off as soon as she wakes up in the morning, even if she's not fully awake, and she'll hold it until we make it to the potty. ......[/QUOTE]

Oh this kid is so cool. I wish DD would hold it till I got to the bathroom! Maybe someday soon she will. But until then, I'll leave the pot next to her bed and do the night time thing and the early morning thing with her. As you've said, little by little. (Although some people would surely say we've taken the fast track in comparison to others.)

Faith
#127 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani
My dd just fell asleep on the potty! It was so funny and I took a video of it before pulling her off.
How cute!!!! She's probably going to love (and be amazed by) that video.

Faith
#128 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin+babyAndrew
new to this thread, but I'll jump in.

ds 1 is going to be three at the end of october and I honestly got sick and tired of washing his poopy bum LOL I started yesterday by letting him go bare from the waist down. we read some potty books and talked about big kid things to do and using the potty was one of those things. He was interested and as soon as he sat on the potty he peed. wow, I never thought this day would come. He must have been ready since he's only has two tiny accidents, but he held it in as soon as he clicked into what was happening and I reminded him to sit on the potty.

here's the best part,
twice yesterday I was tending to my 5 month old and ds1 was alone for a few minutes. both times I was gone I came back to find a really excited kid saying "Poop!Poop! mom! yay!" the first time i was concerned I would be wiping up a mess but hot damn if that kid didn't actually get it into the potty! I am so amazed by him. I was worried to start too early for fear of him not being successful and developing some self esteem issues or whatever. But, we seem to have hit it at exactly the right time. He's receptive and capable yay!
hooray for big kids!

so my question now is, how long do I do the bare at home business, and when would be a good time to try putting on underwear? I've been keeping him home so we can get through the first little while with the most successes, but I have been putting a training pant on him and getting him to pee before we go out. I've also been keeping going out short, like 30 minutes or so and he's been dry 1/3, with the most recent outing the dry one. I guess they are all different, but maybe there is a common time that it takes kids to remove the association with cloth on their bum and peeing in pants/diaper.

also, what do I do at night? last night we put a diaper on him and tonight he is wearing training pants. I want to be consistent, but I don't want to confuse him with a diaper at night kwim? But I also need him to have absorbency and I'm not sure that training pant can do it.
Welcome to the club! LOL!
Congratulations on getting so much success with your son so soon! He must have been ready-- especially if he's pooping in the pot without you even having to be present! Good going on following his lead.

I'm no expert, and I haven't trained a 3 year old. (I'm training a 19 month old.) But due to the lake of responses, I'll give your questions a shot: I'd do the bare bum for as long as you can reasonably do it, then soon before you need to make the transition, give him a couple of days to learn how to stay dry and clean in undies. Since your son is 3, he might be able to feel the difference between undies and diapers. Also-- give him examples of a wet undie, and a dry undie. Explain to him want him to have the goal (or game) of keeping his undies dry and clean. And then once he wets or poops in the undies, explain the goal (game) again, and he'll get an idea of what it takes to keep them that way probably fairly soon.

As for night training, I started a thread on that. Do a search and you can read what I learned about, and also what I'm doing with my 19 month old. My girlfrined was night trained in this manner, so she's doing it with her 3 year old right now. I'm not sure how long it will take to complete the process....but you always have the option of putting diapers on your son at night if he's old enough to understand it's just a sometimes thing. My DD doesn't get it-- so I've found it beneficial to just discontinue diapers completely, night train/prevent, and deal with wet sheets if I have to.

Overall, Good Luck!!!
(And keep your sense of humor. )

Faith
#129 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 01:34 AM

Subbing.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#130 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 02:47 AM

I haven't had a chance to catch up on how everyone is doing. I have a serious problem though. My DS pees on the bed, in the middle of the day. He is notorious for accidents while playing, I realize that..but this bed issue is really driving me nuts. He's usually naked most of the day, and atleast once a day I'll find t hat he's gone in to my room and peed on the bed. WTF, he's 5ft from teh bathroom. At first I thought it was a result of the vuccum cleaner. He'd peed on the bed a time or two while I was vaccuming. So now I take him to the potty before I turn it on. However, two days in a row he has peed on my bed, he has gone into my room got on teh bed and peed.

I told my mom the other day he's like a little puppy, going back to the last place he peed. I have even given him a lecture about how we don't pee on the bed, esspeically the bed that mommy and daddy sleeps in. There was a few occasions where I was mad at him and told him that I was...that probably didn't help but when you have a toddler laughing and talking about how funny it was to pee on mommies bed.

I will report though he did use the potty today, he was jumping on the bed, I seen him grab himself so I told him to go to the potty and he did. I can only imagine what would have happened if I hadn't been there. I told him what a wonderful thing he did by putting the pee in the potty and not on mommies bed.

I just thought I'd share..and if you have any suggestions or idea. or similar odd behavior .
#131 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 04:59 AM

We're just starting as well, with a 20 month old boy. He saw his new potty, turned it upside down, and threw it.....

We tried to explain to him that he was to go in the potty, but I don't think he really understood. He then used the potty as a push toy, pushed it all through the living room and kitchen and back to the bathroom. He sat on it a few times, but when we let him go bare bottomed, he ignored the potty and used my floor.
Its only been 2 days though, so hopefully he'll come around.
#132 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 12:00 PM

My son is 28 months and for the last month or so, has been peeing on the potty 2 or 3 times each day, but not always at the same time. He is quite thrilled with himself when he does it and we have a little party, but if I offer the potty when he's playing, he'll say no. He has never pooped in the potty.

My DH thinks it's time to put him in underwear and put him on the potty eery 30-60 mins, in the hopes that he will quickly learn the difference between wet and dry. I think that since he hasn't had a bm in the potty yet, it's too soon - but maybe I'm just lazy, since I'll be the one doing laundry all the time? Maybe we should first try the nakey bum on the days we're home and see how that goes?

He's also in daycare 2 days/week, and I'm not sure how much they want him in underwear if he's inconsistent on the toilet; but we were hoping to move ahead with the potty over the summer since I'll be back to work fulltime in September.

What to do? What to do?
#133 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

Cutekid-- in my case, DD would run in the corners and pee on the floor. I stopped PT for a week or two, and put her back in diapers until she was ready to do go to the potty for herself again. Otherwise, perhaps just keeping a really close eye on your DS for a few days, and then wisking him off to the potty when he goes to your bed will help? Or keep your bedroom door tightly closed until he gets over the facination?

To everybody else who's recently asked questions: It helps to keep a close eye on your kid the first few days, and get a feel for their schedule. I know my DD almost always has to go 20 minutes after she's been drinking something. And if she passes gas, having a bm is not far behind, LOL! Knowing these things can help you help them to be more successful. They will be amazed the first time they get that BM in the pot. DD had this look like "Ohhhh. You put that stuff in the potty?"

Also, I've said it before, I'll say it again: Sometimes videos help kids this age get an example in their minds of what it is they need to do. Plus they see other kids doing it, and they want to immulate it. I personally have 4 videos. DD's picked up something from each and every one of them, no matter how good or bad. (And believe me, some of those videos are really bad.) The least useful thing was trying to drive her potty around like a car-- which was illustrated in one vid as a boy who was using his imagination while he was on the potty. (Guess she's too young to realize he wasn't really moving.) But mostly, it's all been good stuff that' she's picked up. And she loves singing the various potty songs.

Hope that helps a little.
Anyone who has more ideas, or experiences to relay, please chip in!

Faith

It also helps dI just kept a really close eye on DD for a couple
#134 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 06:46 PM

I think I will jump in too We are just starting the PL journey with our 13 month old. DH gets up with her every morning and puts her on the potty for her morning pee. She's used it a couple of times so far.

We got her a potty for her birthday, just for her to get used to it. She realized that it makes noise if she sticks her hand in the cup part. So, she sticks her hand in it, or stands in it, and laughs. She also has been pushing it around the bathroom So far we're just going to stick with putting her on it for her morning pee, and we move (Sept 1) into our new house (the only carpet is in the bedrooms, the rest of the house is tile) we'll let her run around naked.

CPST & mom

#135 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 06:48 PM

I'm semi-potty-training my daughter, who is almost 3. She has been learning on and off for over a year now, and initially I thought she would learn quickly, but her desire to go on the potty waxes and wanes. Sometimes she wants a diaper. I'm just going with it.
#136 of 232 Old 08-04-2006, 07:26 PM

My 27 month old has been potty training for the last three weeks. He has done great.

We just put him on the potty every 30 minutes or so, and he goes. He even goes pooh in the potty. He likes to see it fall into to water! Plus, when he does go pooh, we "reward" him by letting him flush the toilet! So he will sit there for a long time, making pooh, flushing, making pooh, flushing, making pooh, flushing. He keeps going until he can't make any more! We just tell him that he can't flush until he poohs!

#137 of 232 Old 08-05-2006, 12:26 AM

Just thought I'd jump in here too. My ds is 25 months - was using the potty quite well at 10 months, then we moved into a new house- the move was long and tedious, and hence the potty-learning went by the wayside. Now, he refuses to sit on it, unless with the lid down and his diaper on, and the few times I have gotten him to sit on it, he sits for an hour with nothing, then within 2 minutes of having a diaper on, poops in his diaper. It's killing me, cuz I know it's complete stubberness, since he is obviously holding it until he has a diaper on. AAAAAHHHHH...:

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#138 of 232 Old 08-05-2006, 01:49 AM
Banned

Hi all. After reading this thread, I went out and bought a potty. Dd is 16 months old and I thought, at the very least, I could introduce it to her and see what happened. She has been showing signs that she recognizes when she pees (diaperless) and she is pretty good about telling you when she needs her diaper changed so I decided to give the potty a try.

When I took it out of the box, I put it together, took off her diaper and told her, "this is your potty. You use this potty like mommy and daddy use the big potty." She nodded at me, lifted the lid to the potty, stood in front of it, facing the potty and lifted her shirt - just like daddy does!

I told her that she was a girl and she had to sit on the potty like mommy (and I patted the seat). After a few minutes, she sat on the potty and clapped. But she still thought she should use the potty like daddy.

I am taking this as a good sign that she has some comprehension about how to use the potty. Next is the leap to peeing and pooping in it, I guess.
#139 of 232 Old 08-05-2006, 02:10 AM

What is the best dvd for your toddler to watch on potty training?
which training pants work best for tall skinny Dd with small bottoms?
Iam getting the Dora wooden potty chair has anyone else got this one? how does your child like it?
#140 of 232 Old 08-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy37
What is the best dvd for your toddler to watch on potty training?
which training pants work best for tall skinny Dd with small bottoms?
Iam getting the Dora wooden potty chair has anyone else got this one? how does your child like it?
Exactly how old is your child?

As for training pants-- Personally, I like my Gerber 2T cotton ones, and the underwear that come with baby girl's dresses. My skinny DD is 17-18 pds., so the Gerbers are big on her. But that allows her to take them on and off herself, and the cotton allows her to easily feel wetness. (But remember-- those won't keep your floors dry at all. IF you want dry floors, you'll have to put plastic over them. Or buy the ones that come with plastic covers.)

Many of us have a hatred for pull-ups, even the Feel & Learns, because they are so absorbant your kid might as well be wearing diapers. (And that can cause confussion.) But that doesn't mean you can't use them. It's just you need to watch and see if your child is thinking they are underwear that they need to avoid peeingg in, or if they are just baggy diapers, in DC's opinion.

Faith
#141 of 232 Old 08-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmama22
Just thought I'd jump in here too. My ds is 25 months - was using the potty quite well at 10 months, then we moved into a new house- the move was long and tedious, and hence the potty-learning went by the wayside. Now, he refuses to sit on it, unless with the lid down and his diaper on, and the few times I have gotten him to sit on it, he sits for an hour with nothing, then within 2 minutes of having a diaper on, poops in his diaper. It's killing me, cuz I know it's complete stubberness, since he is obviously holding it until he has a diaper on. AAAAAHHHHH...:
Here's an idea:

Let your DC poop on the potty with the diaper on.
Later, let your DC poop on an open diaper laid on the potty.
Over time, try to get him to transition to using the potty without the diaper on it.

Good luck!

Faith
#142 of 232 Old 08-05-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithnj
Cutekid-- in my case, DD would run in the corners and pee on the floor. I stopped PT for a week or two, and put her back in diapers until she was ready to do go to the potty for herself again. Otherwise, perhaps just keeping a really close eye on your DS for a few days, and then wisking him off to the potty when he goes to your bed will help? Or keep your bedroom door tightly closed until he gets over the facination?
Here's the funny thing, this is the only place he is prone to "accidents", and we tossed the diapers months ago. He doesn't like diapers, and hasn't for awhile...we are talking violent rebellion against diapers....so I decided that getting him to use the potty was more important than making him wear diapers. Did I mention, that he doesn't like training pants either, but he will wear underwear.

My DS rarely goes to be the bathroom on his own. I have to remind him every hour or so...otherwise he'll just forget. He's 100% on poop, he will tell me when he has to stinky. He also tells me when he has to pee when we are public, and at someone elses house. I know he has good bladder control for most nights he wakes up dry, and he has ridden for over two hours without wetting his carseat...infact he'll yell from the backseat if he REALLY REALLY has to go.

About training pants though....I do put them on my DS at night. I put a wool pants over top to keep the mess in, and most nights he wets, the bed is still dry in the morning.
#143 of 232 Old 08-06-2006, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithnj

Otherwise, there seem to be a lot of new people looking to potty train. A good number of them are actually moms of 14 month olds, who are showing potty interest! How cool, huh? I ignored Dharma's interest at that age. It will be interesting to see what comes from having paid attention to the 14 month olds.

Faith
See, I'm the moron who had the interested 18 month old but couldn't stomach the thought of public restrooms at that age, so didn't encourage it. Here we are at 2.75 and I wish I had! We've EC'd poop since 11 months, with a month or so break after DS2 was born. He now seems to have no clue at all when he's about to pee.

Bean : Mama to DSs and (& :, 4 goats & 7 ) and two fraternal twin BOYS 9-19-09 (+ 1 daytime boy)
#144 of 232 Old 08-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanjeepin
See, I'm the moron who had the interested 18 month old but couldn't stomach the thought of public restrooms at that age, so didn't encourage it. Here we are at 2.75 and I wish I had! We've EC'd poop since 11 months, with a month or so break after DS2 was born. He now seems to have no clue at all when he's about to pee.
I'm so sorry, Bean. But you know what? There are two sides to every coin. You're coming up on 3 years, which is the national average right now. Somewhere between 3-4, this is all likely to be over with. And it seems like a lot of 3-4 year olds learn quickly, once they decide pottying is what they want to do.

Good luck!

Faith
#145 of 232 Old 08-08-2006, 06:15 PM

I'm new here and I have a 2 year old girl, Livy. We have been potty learning since she was 18 months old and it's like we are finally getting somewhere with her. For the longest time she showed interest then didn't want anything to do with the potty. Recently we have been proactivly been doing the whole potty learning and she just recently went Poopie in the potty. :Yeah: I just wanted to see what everyone else is doing to help with the whole night training. Last night was the first real night of her doing the overnight and she wore the gerber waterproof pants up until 11pm. Just any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
#146 of 232 Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I just wanted to see what everyone else is doing to help with the whole night training.
Me too, me too!
My dd uses the potty very consistently now at age 21 mo, both in public and at home, she also likes peeing in the bushes :

Anyway, how do you start night training??

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#147 of 232 Old 08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned

RE: Potty Training for Night Dryness:

Well, some people say you should just wait until the child is older, or until the child naturally starts to hold his/her urine.

Other people help the process along, by not offering drinks after a certain hour. And while that's a common thing for mom's to do, a lot of mom's here, particularly mom's and their kids who drink a lot-- even to the point of getting up for water in the middle of the night, think that's cruel. (I'm a camel, so it I wouldn't have cared less. But to each her own.)

And I've detailed something I've been doing with my DD on a "Night Dryness" thread. That's not to everyone's liking either, but what ever is? LOL! It's basically Night EC. You have to be willing to take your child potty later, but it can easily amount to dry sheets in the morning. However, depending on the age of your child, you may be doing this quite some time until the child is able to maintain dryness for himself.

If anyone has any other tips/ideas for potty training during the day or night-- here's the place to post 'em!

Faith
#148 of 232 Old 08-09-2006, 12:07 AM

For most of my children, I choose to do nothing special for night time dryness. I take them potty at night, right before bed, and make sure they go potty first thing as they wake up. I keep them in pullups or plastics until they begin to be dry most of the time. All mine self potty trained at night by themselves with the exception of one.

My 8 year old wet the bed until she was 7. I tried every thing with her. But the only thing that worked was to just get up every night and take her potty between 12 and 1. If I waited too long or forgot, she would wet. She is a VERY heavy sleeper and just does not wake up on her own. About nine months ago, I stopped doing anything. I just asked her each morning if she had an accident and if so she changed her sheets. One day I realized that she had not had an accident in a while. It has been months now.

So for me, mostly, doing nothing for night time training worked best.

#149 of 232 Old 08-09-2006, 02:06 PM

I am trying to achieve consistency in a toddler who is partially PT'd.

DD is now 28 months old and is still not consistent about peeing on the potty. I say "still" because we have been doing some form of potty-learning/ECing since she was 16 months old. For a long time now she consistently poops in the potty after telling me.

As for the pees: I started observing her times and taking her to the potty when she was around 16 months. But she wouldn't tell me of course so we just patiently waited and wiped up the accidents. Around 3 months ago she started saying she needed to go, and would wait to be taken -- even on outings and while traveling etc. And I thought it was going well; the first week especially she had hardly any accidents. She enjoyed flushing and so we had a lot of "false alarms" just for the heck of visiting new bathrooms, which was fine with us as long as it was just a phase!

We'd earlier used a lot of disposables for outings but stopped that since she was indicating. We switched to wearing cloth training pants at most times except for naps and night-time. But 3 months later, she still pees elsewhere about 3x a day. No matter whether she is naked, wearing cloth training pants or cloth dipes, she doesn't seem to distinguish between these 3 states! It gets old -- I really have never liked plastic pants or diaper covers so we use them only for outings; we end up having lots of wiping up to do on the carpet/ furniture...

Well my question is: is it a matter of her maturity/ readiness, or just that she is distracted and doesn't notice the need to pee??

It's also interesting that she often doesn't tell me after she pees -- but earlier she always mentioned it right WHEN she started going.
So now we are at a stage where sometimes, she will say I need to pee, and wait to be taken. Other times, she will have an accident and I won't find out until later...

Any tips?
#150 of 232 Old 08-09-2006, 05:46 PM

my 2.5 year-old will sit on the potty when we say she needs to, and she pee and poop there if that's what her body needs to do. afterwards she's very happy about it, and she loves to wear "big girl panties". but, she's also pretty happy wearing a diaper, never tells us that she feels a need to use the potty, and will deny a need to use the potty if the choice is left entirely up to her.

mostly what we do now is tell her it's potty time and ask her if she like help removing her diaper or does she want to do it herself. she usually wants to do it herself, so she'll take off her diaper and sit down.

with this method, we get her to pee in the potty 2 or 3 times a day, and poop there about 3 times a week. still, she won't tell us she has to go... ever. do we just keep plugging along as is, or are we prematurely forcing the issue, or what? we've been in this mode for weeks (and have lots of accidents, too.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page