My daughter looks like a big bruise! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-08-2003, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, Meredith got a hold of the green crayola markers yesterday while I was changing Kenny. In a matter of minutes, she colored up and down her arms, her tummy, her TONGUE, her face - even the palms of her hands.

Do you know what color green turns when you try to clean it off with soap and water?

YELLOW!!

So, now we have a birthday party this afternoon and she looks like she's been beaten or something with a tinge of green atop her yellow.

Fortunately, she thinks it is funny and telling everyone she 'colored' herself. My dh is taking them to the party because I've had this yucky throat thing and I don't want to infect any kids. I think he's worried people will think she's been abused (we don't know all of the people that are going to be there).
#2 of 9 Old 03-08-2003, 02:36 PM

that's pretty funny.

I was thinking this was going to be a thread about kids and bruises. My dd has such terrible bruises on her shins from falling, running into stuff. Poor thing! I rubbed some Arnica on them today, hoping that will help.

Jesse
Mama to Violet and Zoe
#3 of 9 Old 03-08-2003, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, we have that too with my eldest . . . that girl can get a bruise from LOOKING at the corner of the table!
#4 of 9 Old 03-08-2003, 05:12 PM

Arnica gel is incredible. Works wonders!
#5 of 9 Old 03-08-2003, 07:34 PM

Abi likes to color on herself as well as me.

I have been to the store and suddenly realized I had "tatoos" all over my legs...

Not all those who wander are lost 
#6 of 9 Old 03-08-2003, 09:29 PM

Just give her a red and a blue marker, let her go nuts, and DON'T wash it off LOL!
#7 of 9 Old 03-08-2003, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by gurumama
Just give her a red and a blue marker, let her go nuts, and DON'T wash it off LOL!
:LOL Right . . . I was considering earlier that I should not have washed it off, b/c it would have been obvious what she did! :LOL
#8 of 9 Old 03-10-2003, 01:12 AM

Well, there was the time my son got ahold of one of my younger brothers magic markers (at my mother's house) and not only did he color her walls blue while I was helping to clean the kitchen, he colored his face, hands, arms, belly, legs, I mean any bare skin he could fine - It took over a week for it to fully disappear, till then we called him "The Smurf".

And both of my kids are walking bruises, I swear, especially Donovan, the fearless wonder. Kieran was going through this biting thing over Christmas and he kept biting Donovan's face - oye! That was a tough phase to get over! Poor Donovan looked like he had been in a boxing ring with the bite marks (Mike Tyson's boxing ring :LOL) and the bruises that came from it. I didnt' take him anywhere for two weeks it was that bad!
#9 of 9 Old 03-10-2003, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JesseMomme
. . . and he kept biting Donovan's face - oye! That was a tough phase to get over! Poor Donovan looked like he had been in a boxing ring with the bite marks (Mike Tyson's boxing ring :LOL) and the bruises that came from it. I didnt' take him anywhere for two weeks it was that bad!
:LOL :LOL :LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page