Move over toddler board! Here come June 05 Babies!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 340 Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nancy!! I was just wondering about you today! We decided to stay in Northern Alberta and I always wanted to compare daylight hours with you! This whole midnight sun thing is phenomenal.

Yes, I'm pg again. I'm 14 weeks and due January 24th. We're excited and scared.

Sorry to hear about you & DH. How are the kids handling things? How are you handling it? I can't even imagine how tough that would be.

Annabelle - Good to see your nausea has subsided, too! Who needs due date clubs? We're all such a fertile bunch, we'll just have our own!
#62 of 340 Old 07-29-2006, 08:10 PM

: NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've missed you so much! glad to know you are back. i was wondering what was going to happen with you and your former DP. how are your kids? how is Louis? what is he up to?

raising my two sunshine children.

#63 of 340 Old 07-29-2006, 09:41 PM

Nancy

It's so good to hear from you, but I'm sorry that it's with such sad news. I hope all is for the best but still the transition has got to be really difficult.

To answer your question, Miles has actually been really good lately (for Miles, anyway!). Sometimes he is too rough with Dan, but that's it. However, we did go through a really difficult spell where he was lying about things and arguing about everything -- we've gone the homeopathic route and that's seemed to help a lot.

On a lighter note, I was just thinking of you today because we got a book from the library that was originally published in Sweden, and the whole family cosleeps -- in fact, the story of the book is that the dad feels so crowded he goes to sleep in the little boy's bed....

No pg here, but ran into an acquaintance today at the library who is almost as old as me , has two boys, and is expecting her third. Hmmm.
#64 of 340 Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 PM

Nancy: I can't imagine being in your position. It's tough parenting together, I can't imagine doing it alone. I'm glad you guys can be civil enough when dealing with the kids.

Not pg here (as far as we know). Not preventing but thinking that getting pg in the fall would be ideal. We'll see what another 1 1/2 weeks brings.

Claire can say tickle and nose. She crawls up to you and says "Tickle! Tickle!" while poking at you! It's fun. She also squashes her nose and says "nose". At least that's what I think she is saying because her mouth gets a little muffled too.

Meli: sorry about the flood. We are all praying for rain here, but haven't received much of anything. Not that we would want to be dumped on with 9 inches.

gotta go, it's bath time. Then DH and I are making mimosas. Or just drinking out of the bottle. I've essentially been gone from home from Thursday early am to today at 12:30pm. I'm so loving lounging around today.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#65 of 340 Old 07-29-2006, 10:25 PM

nancy!

i really need to check up on Yahoo...

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#66 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 10:50 AM

Michelle,
I am a :
Wanted to know how is the two year spacing between kids working out for you? Obviously you must like it since that is how you are planning it ...
But With my first two I had a two year spacing and was thinking of a longer spacing this time (like 3 years)- DH wouldn't mind another 2 year spacing...
Just curious why you decided on the two year spacing.
#67 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfpmom
Michelle,
I am a :
Wanted to know how is the two year spacing between kids working out for you? Obviously you must like it since that is how you are planning it ...
But With my first two I had a two year spacing and was thinking of a longer spacing this time (like 3 years)- DH wouldn't mind another 2 year spacing...
Just curious why you decided on the two year spacing.
lol..i'll answer this one too...michelle can answer when she gets on..

our kids are 21 months apart..and after the baby was born, i thought...WHAT WAS I THINKING~~

It was so so hard...those early months..now it is not too bad..he is more independent, trying to walk, etc. They actually play together now.

But I sorta decided after him that I would do Three yrs next go around..it seems like it would be so much easier .

There is a vast difference between a 3 year old and a 2 yr old....3 yr olds act more like "big kids". They can communicate, and understand you.

so...if this happens to be a false alarm, then we plan on not concieving until after christmas.
#68 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 01:53 PM

that's neat bama. ds and the new babe will be 21.5 mths apart. i'm curious to see how this works out:

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#69 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 02:58 PM

The boys are 18 months apart. I think there are pros and cons to every spacing. This one, they are so close in age/development that they play the same types of games. They can share most of their toys and books and clothes. They are great friends a lot of the time. It was hard though, esp with the stupid c/s and then reflux and PPD/PTSD I went through. Without that extra crap, it would have been much more enjoyable. It was hard, and I kinda feel like i missed some of their babyhoods, but at the same time, if there had been a 3 year gap in there, they wouldn't be on the same page with so many things.
#70 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 05:13 PM

Fey: good to see your still EC'ing, im so jeolous i never gave that a proper go

Amy: how are you! hmm....no AF, we will see! lurk away, i understand that feeling of having a keyboard masher!

emmy: i looked at the pics of your little climber! L is the same way, that kid is dangerous. Hows the new (not so new now) house? are you still working P/t?

Bmama: have you tested!!!? how did the dieting go? i remeber you were all panicked and living off lean cuisine like meals? I did South beach for a while, and will start agaain soon

Grace: glad your doing OK, the house deal sounds amazing, but i can imagine doing it so fast will be hard, but maybe its like a band aid, better to rip it in one go? I thought about Titus on L's birthday (born same day!)

anne: congrats !! sounds like a nice place for the birth, how was Isaaks?

SA: i agree with Melissa, we also have three years, and there is plus and minus's to everything, but when i compare my friends who had the 2 year and us with three, it was day and night, matty could talk and communicate, no potty training to reverse, she was more like nice company to have when home with louis. so, if he does want to wait, try and see the positive side

heather...second trimester! amazing. the summer has been so nice here, and i do like the light evenings, but now that they days are getting shorter, i can start to feel how dark novemeber will be ALREADY!

Peru Michelle HUGS Thats excellent you managed four kids, and learned a valuable BC lesson hows school, are you taking classes in the summer?

spacing: and i can totally see davinas point about how fun it can be to have them all together, developmental wise. I think if i could handle short spacing, ie had lots of help from my mom or something i would love it, but i know i would be a bad stressed mom.

random question:
any AP (ish) moms who have toddlers and above who are stand-offish, not into hugging, kissing?

Louis is doing so well, we call him fat lou he is ery mainly, and sounds like tim the tool man alot (i hate that show!)
he has walked since 8 months, climbs onto eerything, runs, but doesnt say ANYTHING, no GAGA, DADA...nothing.

I have a book thats really common here to read for kids when they will become a big brother or sister, after getting some books from canada on the topic, i see that these books are much more realistic, the mom doesnt use a bottle!
if anyone who is pregnant would like it i can send it (and write little translations of course!)

good night gals
#71 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 05:14 PM

and i just noticed, i need to change my NAK icon....cause i haent BF'd in ages...
#72 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

aww nancy...good to hear an update from you!! now if we could only get pepper back....

no testing yet...not soon enough!!
#73 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 05:55 PM

Now I'm really scared about having this baby!! Sage will be around 20 months when the baby comes. I don't have any family nearby (closest aunt is 12 hours away - mom and dad & IL's are 24 hours drive). I just can't have another c-section, that's all. That should be easy to prevent, considering there are no midwives or doulas anywhere around this one horse town either. I don't even know what I'm going to do with Sage while we're in the hospital! Everyone keeps telling me, "don't worry, you've got 9 months". Yeah, well 9 months has quickly dwindled to 6 months and I'm still no closer to any answers.

We're calling my mum as soon as I go into labour and she'll hop on a plane so she's here when I'm out of the hospital but she won't be able to stay forever unless she decides to retire from her job, which she isn't planning to do. I know I'll be able to handle things. I do have a bit of a support system up here, but everyone will be working during the day and they've all got kids of their own so I don't want to be a burden.

Sorry about the rant. Can you tell I'm a bit stressed??
#74 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 06:01 PM

ds doesn't really talk. he can babble a few things and will sign for "more" "all done" and "up" but that's about it.

i have a theory.....
i think ds may be slightly behind where other kids his are due to spending his first 3 months in agony with undiagnosed GERD. does that make any sense? i'm mean, he really didn't start to do anything until after we got him on meds. he never smiled or cooed or any of that normal baby stuff. it seems like he just wasn't thriving. we really didn't start getting smiles out of him until 4 months! he didn't roll over at all until 6 months and he didn't start creeping until almost 8. he's always been really tiny too. he did say mama at 5 months but now he won't say it anymore. we read to him all the time and talk with him constantly but he just doesn't have much to say.

thanks for the comments on kid spacing. i'm hoping that they will be good friends and interested in the same things. my little brother and i were and we're 2 years apart.

#75 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

annabelle..same here. S didnt do anything until after 7 months...

he was just miserable for months..he couldnt do anything but survive.so once he got the appropriate formula he started to blossom. And today he took about 4 to 6 steps!! Woohooo!!
#76 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 09:50 PM

Gwen has thrush. Did I post that already? Just saw it this morning. It looks pretty icky, but found some gentian violet at the 4th place I went, everywhere else was sold out, how weird is that??? So, we are both pretty purple right now. Hoping we knock it out pretty fast. I'm feeling like I may have it in my mouth a bit from her open mouth kisses. Ew.
#77 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 10:09 PM

Davina: so you have a goth toddler? black lips

There must be something in the air....Claire took 2 steps towards me. Then DH came out to the living room because I was shouting. She took 5 more steps to me and then 5 steps toward her daddy! This is my earliest walked so I'm impressed!!!

I will be back to talk about spacing.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#78 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 10:29 PM

Oh, Davina, what a drag! Hope the gentian violet nips it in the bud.

I'm interested in hearing more about babies two years apart too since despite my great experience with having children three years apart, I feel like maybe we should go for #3 (if we go for #3) sooner than later so I am one year younger. I don't know, it's probably all the same -- having a baby when crazy Danny is two would give me just as many gray hairs as waiting to have another baby at age 42.... does that make any sense?

Did I mention that Danny got up for the day at 5:50 today? :

Hattoo, sorry you're stressed! All will work out for the best though, I'm sure.

My friend Mary just had her baby today -- her first was born in May '05, can any of you imagine being eight months pregnant now with a newborn coming next month? My goodness, I can't.

I went to my m/w's home birth picnic today for the second year in a row -- such a good time! Lots of nice families and many home schoolers -- and the cutest little one-week-old baby (besides my own) that I've ever seen! I was gushing about him, which I never do.
#79 of 340 Old 07-30-2006, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

: : : : :

Remember the fiasco when ds fell down the stairs??

we just got a $334 bill from Childrens hospital. Have no idea how we're gonna pay it..Dd needs to go to the dentist this time..aye.

have stuff for sale on TP.........anybody want a tye dye AI2 batik dipe? size L...hehe...never hurts to ask!
#80 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 12:23 AM

bama and davina
i'm still paying the hospital from my laporoscpoy 2 years ago: i need diapers but have no $$.

hattoo-i have no idea what we'll do with ds when the new babe is born either. we may just take him with us as long as i don't need to stay that long. it depends on what the mw thinks.

#81 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 08:48 AM

bama, if you throw even $5 or $10 a month at a hospital bill, they'll stay off your back for the most part.

nancy - good to hear from you, though I'm sorry to hear that things have gone that route. I wish you the best with all of that situation. The new apartment is good - has it's issues like most, but we won't avoid that until we buy our own house (and then the issues will just become OUR problems. )

yay for all the walkers, and boooooo for the thrush, davina. I had to laugh at the goth toddler comment, though, michelle
#82 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 11:38 AM
mcs

hey! nancy! what a fantastic thing to see your name this morning! i am so happy that you checked in- sorry though that things have been so hard. i guess that when a seperation goes "smoothly" that can be just as difficult- sometimes it feels so releiving to be angry and a little mean too. keep posting please!

i just looked at the time- i have to go meet a friend- good thing i told her that i have a problem being on time, cause i won't be.
i am still in ohio- i miss hilger soooo much today and the novelty of my parents and i getting along is wearing off. i'll stay with friend for at least one night, but lord help me till friday!
eisa is walking like crazy!!!

mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#83 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 12:09 PM

I found y'all

Work has been going well...Kat is getter better at daycare...that's about it!

Hattoo - I loved 16 Blocks. Great movie. I highly recommend it.

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#84 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 01:50 PM

Nancy, so glad to hear from you!! I'm sorry for your unhappy news but glad that it's going as ok as it can, and that Louis is doing well.

MCS, hope you're enjoying your ohio time!

Boooooo for medical bills. I have some minor ones of my own... and $2500 worth of root canal therapy that I'm putting off having done

Booo for thrush too.

Talking... Elaina doesn't say much. Kitty. Daddy. Hi. Everything else, she calls a kitty She can sign for milk, potty, fan, airplane, sometimes more... and bite. Like a bite to eat, not biting...
#85 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Well, Dh paid the WHOLE THING. So that's that. Now I am scrambling...I only spent $99 at Walmart today, and that 'll hold us for 2 weeks. We already hadd some staples here, and I am going to get some chicken and beef on sale later.

still have to buy formula tho....that's $$$$$

And guess what
??? I found a source of clean goat's milk!! A lady milked her goat for me today and i got themilk. I gave schuy some now....Let's hold our breath, people!!!: :

I mixed a little in with his formula.....i hope he doesnt hurl it back up..
#86 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 04:49 PM

NANCY! You've been SO missed, mama. I'm sorry to hear about your separation. Welcome back!

Sigh. I miss Pepper.

I got some video of Joey walking around yesterday: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EotH8Yb_H4

Bama, you can see my dog in this video.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#87 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

I miss pepper too...and btw, i miss kathleen.....remember her?? she had a litttle downs baby....?? where is she??
#88 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 05:22 PM

OMG SA! she is so cute! wow can she motor around. Baxter is adorable as well.

bama-hooray for goat milk. : that Schuy can hold it down.

and..........i mastered the fricken grafting stitch! my soakers no longer look wonky! this is only like, the eighth time i've tried to do it so you think i would have had it down by now, lol

#89 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 05:41 PM

no time now.. thread was hard to find!! but subbing...

nice to see you, nancy...
#90 of 340 Old 07-31-2006, 09:04 PM

Hi ladies!!!!
Sorry I've been MIA. I remember on the pg boards I was refreshing the page a few times per day. Alright, let's be honest, every few minutes ROF!!!
I feel like I'm saying this every time I finally check in lol!
Anyhow I haven't read any posts as of yet but saw something briefly about hospital bills. I had one myself that we were waiting for the insurance company to pay. Finally they do and send US a check (I hate that). So we decide to put it into an account we never use and write a check to the hospital. I wait about two days to deposit the check after I sent OUR check which was dumb I know but I figured that it takes a few days for a check to clear anyway so what's two days? The sucker bounced!!!! They must have some sort of electronic thing going there. Anyway, I called them and they said it happens all the time. GRRR! But that's my hospital bill story of the day.
Anyhow, Shea is walking as of about a week and a half ago. It's been in bits and pieces but today we went into a store and it was a place she could really toddle around in, very open. So she walked around that entire place and now it's like she's been walking her whole life and all that jazz. Funny how it just clicks. A few weeks ago I couldn't imagine what she'd look like walking!
The other grown up thing she does is COLOR. It's amazing what an older sibling can do as far as setting examples. She first picks up a marker or crayon, PUTS IT IN HER MOUTH, then colors. We have the erasable doodler thing... I can't remember what it's called.. it's like an etch a sketch ya know? Anyhow she loves doodling on that too and still puts the thing in her mouth first. I'm glad markers and crayons are non toxic
What else does she do.... She's getting very affectionate with everyone and everything. She lays her head down and goes "Awwww" on people, the cats, and stuffed animals. Lately she's been carrying around a baby doll.
Loves music... The new favorite is Shipoopi from the Music Man. I don't know how many times I can take it in a row but it certainly keeps her happy when she's bouncing or dancing (another favorite thing to do!!!)
I have a few videos here in case there's anyone here who isn't on the list...
http://www.dropshots.com/gusssss
We're moving in a few weeks to be closer to dh's work. He'll be about 4 miles away from work where now he's close to 60!! We'll save hundreds on gas, and get this, insurance is $3k cheaper per year (different state). We'll be paying a little bit more but still saving money. It's also a hoity toity school system (or however you spell it) so ds SHOULD be pretty happy in school. We drove past the other day and my gawd. It's literally within a somewhat upper class neighborhood, huge houses literally across the street from the school. Makes me nervous, but the girls in the finding your tribe section seem to think that the area is friendly and not obnoxious!!!
I'll miss our neighborhood and my FAMILY for goodness sakes but it should be a good thing. We won't be so far that we won't see them, but we'll be on our own child care wise which sucks. I'll be able to do the same job, but it will be different because it will take me more time now. Instead of someone scheduling my appointments now, I have to do it. Sucks but it could be a good thing. I'm getting a small raise too so that should make up for it.
Anyway, we're on round 5 of Shipoopi and I can't take it anymore!!!!!
Take care ladies!!!
Karen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page