Move over toddler board! Here come June 05 Babies!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quick update - had the ultrasound today, the mirena is exactly where it should be, so that's excellent news. Also have a baseball sized cyst on my left ovary, but I've always had ovarian cysts, so not really a big deal. I remain amazed that I could have a cyst the size of a baseball on my ovary and not know, but the human body is strange like that, I guess! The one I had before I was pregnant with Sam was bigger than that, even...but I knew about that one because it started to hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

good for the mirena! so the strings are just hidden up in there?? And wow on the cyst...i had several during those years when i was trying to conceive...

i tested today ( it was way too early, btw, but just had to do it! )

will retest tomorrow!
#123 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 03:01 PM

yay Emmy! omg about the cyst though. ugh. do you just wait and see if it goes away?

bama, i think the suspense is going to kill me

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#124 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

I had to do full blown kidney cleanses to get my cysts to go away...once your body has an "out " for toxins, it wont store them in cysts anymore. the cycsts will be absorbed by the body.
#125 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 03:25 PM

I'll be looking for the bama update tomorrow. That reminds me of Kathleen's constipation update. Her's was color-coded...

I will look for a picture tonight of my DH. I looked this morning, but Picassa was being very slow.

Ellysia just called me to tell me she was a turtle. Makes me want to be at home today. It's gorgeous outside, too.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#126 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 03:53 PM

it's nice in SD? it's so hot here it feels like an open oven when you step outside. i won't even go out to get the mail. even at 11pm it's still over 90.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#127 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

yep, its almost 100 here...and in alabama i cant imagine...there is norelief from the heat there...
#128 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 07:20 PM

still burning up...ds is drinking water now! he actually prefers it! i'm relieved. its all dh and i drink. for the longest time ds would only drink it out of the wb cap. that got annoying giving him capfuls of water! now he'll drink it out of his cup

#129 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 07:52 PM

It was 98 here today, 111 with the humidity. Hottest day in Boston in 4 years. We spent the day at the pool, and sitting in the bedroom with the AC cranked.
bama - pregnancy cured my cyst with Sam. It was huge and causing pain, so they were going to aspirate it. But, I got pregnant and it went away. The other ones I've had never hurt and just went away on their own. And yep - the strings just got pushed up there. Thanks, dh.
#130 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 09:10 PM

It's 6pm and still heat index of 104. Blech.
#131 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Emmy

Glad they found that Mirena!

Ok stay cool everyone, esp. the pg mamas! I forget where you live Davina -- so hot! I just checked the weather here (8:00 pm) and it's 89 degrees, feels like 100. That's really hot for Cleveland. I'm glad I'm not on the East Coast thougy -- I don't miss summer in the city at all. Stay cool, girls.

I got a horrible, splitting, debilitating headache today, something that's never happened to me before -- I think it was a combination of the heat, not enough to eat or drink, and just being a little stressed out. Thank goodness for my mother -- she came over and watched the kids so I could collapse. I don't know what I would have done otherwise -- it hurt so bad I could only lay down. Dh went out to get us some more Tylenol and some ice cream, and we're going to chill out and watch Lost (season 1).

Bama, the suspense is killing me too
#132 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 11:11 PM

Would I look like a total loser if I went back to my hot pink hair? I so miss it. I don't really want to deal with it as it's so much upkeep... but I feel so old and un*me* lately. I don't have any of my own interests or any hobbies outside of my kids... just feeling a little down lately. I know this is really random.
#133 of 340 Old 08-02-2006, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

omg Davina...do you have a pic of you with hot pink hair?? Must SHOW!! WE will give you an honest opinion...
#134 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 12:10 AM

do it davina! i want to see a pic too.
i think the world needs more hip, pink haired mamas.

raising my two sunshine children.

#135 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 12:59 AM

#136 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 01:00 AM

i have a bottle of pink dye in my medicine cabinet

#137 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 01:02 AM

is that Louie with orange hair?

#138 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 01:45 AM

I have fire red manic panic leftover. Yes, that is louie. Our colors were always hot pink and orange. Hot pink is still my favorite color.
#139 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 02:49 AM

is louie your dh?
and i have to ask, are you going to prom in one of those last pictures? or is that a wedding photo? you look very young! both of you!

i like the pink.

and i was just thinking, bama, i've never seen a pic of your DH...are you hiding him from us? heh heh heh...

#140 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 09:57 AM

I love the pink! I could never do that, though. Work would find it to be highly unprofessional and wouldn't go over well with the clients at all either. Maybe a wig for Halloween.

I have a week off coming up here and I was actually thinking about getting my hair permed. It's hard for me to think that because the only image that comes to mind is me...in the 80's...with a perm...very tight. Anyways, the hair dresser assured me that it wouldn't be like that at all. So I'm debating. I just want something I could spend less time on in the mornings. Maybe I would exercise then.

Claire got up twice last night. She downed 6 oz both times and her diaper was soaked, too. I blamed the 2nd one on teeth and gave her Tylenol even though she drank the bottle without a problem.

Where are you bama? Are you passed out because of the shock of seeing something on your poas?

I'm testing in one week of af hasn't arrived. I'm hoping that we aren't because I would really like to have the next one in July or August. I know all of you suffering in 100F heat must be laughing, but DH will have a harder time with dealing with the older ones if he has a newborn who can't take the heat. So we'll see what happens.

May the judging begin...here's a pic of my DH
http://ipusheddadoverboard.blogspot.com/

I think he's a hunk....though I wonder about him with orange hair...I don't think blue...maybe green...

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#141 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 10:03 AM

Davina, I really like the pink. Do it!
I can sympathize with the feeling old and "not me" thing. I need to schedule a tattoo appointment here for September, after all the August crazy traveling is done. A friend of mine that's in a few different bands around Boston just contacted me about playing a couple gigs with him, he needs marimba for this thing he's working on. So that might help, too. It's hard to be "mama" all the time. You start to forget your name.
#142 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 11:18 AM

Davina DO IT! You look great with it.

I had one streak in the front of my head that I bleached out and dyed a different color every couple of days. The rest of my hair was usually black; sometimes red. My natural color is brown; which is what it is now. Sigh.

I've been thinking of doing it again; a weirdly colored streak. DH might freak on me, though. THe first time I did pink, I was in college and he HATED it.

An exboyfriend, who I coincidentally dreamed about last night, was totally into it though.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#143 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 11:20 AM

Yes, Louie is my dh. No, not going to prom... we were dressed up for his brother's wedding, it was the weekend after we elopedish. We were both 20, so we were pretty young.
#144 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 11:21 AM

Oh, and here's another post, because i just put this together.....

I've REALLY been wanting to peirce my nose lately. Same thing. I'm feeling old and un-me.

I'm trying to get a group of friends who'd appreciate it together to go to a screening of Clerks in Red Bank. Kevin Smith is going to be there. Super duper exciting, and free! Woohoo! Maybe I'll do it that night; with my Joe and my brother cheering me on.

Paul's going to shoot me.

#145 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 AM

Are we going through pre-midlife chrisisisis?? <--spelling ain't my thang

I had considered getting my eyebrow done, but knowing that they punch a chunk of skin out just puts me over the edge.
#146 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 11:54 AM

I told a friend of mine that the other day; we're having quarter life crises

She had worn a VERY low cut shirt to a function, and seeing the pictures later, she was a bit, um, embarrassed. But, I really do think we're all in this together

Also, my best friend's sister just got her eyebrow done (looks really good) and that got me thinking about my nose again. Her opinion (best friend's sister's opinion) is that I would "totally rock" the nose stud. :

OH! AND! my brother went out, spur of the moment and got himself a tattoo! That strengthened my resolve

#147 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

but you know..as they say, it aint over til AF crashes the party! Its still early. will keep testing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am loading pics now of dh and the kids.

I have had hair in shades of red and brown...i did do blonde highlights once...but that didnt look so hot ...i just dont have the complexion for it..

My hair is mouse brown now. I hate it. I really would love to shuck out the $$ to go have it foil highlighted, but that would run me over $50. at least! Maybe $70...
And I have a hard time covering my gray. It is so stubborn. I wind up letting these chemicals sit on my hair for ever and stilll have gray hair showing...not f unny.

My favorite hair colors are rich shades of auburn...burgundy reds....orangey reds just make me look sick.

**Killing time typing while pics load...***** lalalalala

Y'all remember it was only about a year ago that i didnt even know how to create an online album! I was such a dweeb.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dixieb...?.dir=/57ddre2

It didnt load all the pics i had chosen...i will try to redo those...
#148 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

well, I cant get the one pic o fme and dh together to load..i will try again later with shutterfly..

this is one of him and ds playing in the bed...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dixieb...?.dir=/e456re2
#149 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 01:00 PM

davina, you eloped?!? ok that is officially 100 more points on the cool scale details!
also, DP has his eyebrow pierced and they used a needle, there was no poking a hole in the skin and removing it...unless it was a hollow needle. hmm. now i'm not sure. either way, it was ok. takes a long time to heal and you have to be careful with pulling on it, sleeping on it, etc. i'd be wary of doing it while cosleeping still.

mclisa- oh you have such a cute family and DH! i love the family picture.

SA- my nose is pierced, it was a pretty painless thing and it is small enough not to be super-noticeable. i love it. i have my ear lobes, my nose and one of my ear cartiledges (sp?).

bama- aha, i did recognize your DH, i must have seen him in pics before. he and schuy have that family resemblence.

#150 of 340 Old 08-03-2006, 01:13 PM

Yeah, they use a hollow needle to remove that chunk of skin... otherwise it is less sanitary and causes more tissue trauma or something like that.

Can't you read, michelle? I said elopedish. We were engaged and not really planning anything. One night we started talking and realized neither of us wanted to have a wedding and that's why we weren't planning anything. So I say, "Can't we just drive to Arkansas and get married?" (Because you don't have to get the bloodwork and wait for that there.) This was like 2 or 3am mind you. So, we packed and slept for a couple of hours. Got up at like 8, called our parents to tell them and drove off. We were so freakin' tired. Got there at like 4pm on a friday and hurried to the courthouse to get the papers, found a guy who could marry us right then and rushed back to file the papers. The guy who married us had just gotten his license and was nervous... then he got all choked up reading the vows. We got married on the back deck of a headshop type place. The guy looked willie nelson-esque with his looong gray pigtails and big purple lensed glasses.

It was interesting. I don't know what happened to the pics...they are around somewhere, but louie took them to work to show someone and they never got put back in the photo box.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page