Birthday party ideas for 1 yo - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-24-2003, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is going to be one next month and I'm looking for ideas from other mamas for her b-day party. I want to keep it simple and have thought about maybe a "bubble" theme-with bubbles for kids to play with, purple ballons, ect. Any ideas for games, finger foods, ect?
Thanks !

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#2 of 13 Old 03-25-2003, 09:59 AM

I love the bubble theme!! Very cute!

Will there be children there of all ages or mostly babies?

peggy
#3 of 13 Old 03-25-2003, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

mostly toddlers-2yr olds, 14 mo olds. We're probably going to keep it as relaxed and informal as possible. I'm thinking about filling up a wading pool with homemade bubble solution and having the grown-ups put on a bubble "magic show" for them.

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#4 of 13 Old 03-25-2003, 03:11 PM

Sounds great to me lot's O fun! Hmm for parties I like to keep food simple dips and veggies, chips, that sort of thing. Here's a web page for more ideas to check out:
http://www.parentsplace.com/features...1254-1,00.html
#5 of 13 Old 03-27-2003, 01:59 PM

You all going to think that I am a crazy mama but I had a puppet show for my daughters first year and the kids really enjoyed it! They stayed sitted the whole 5 minutes and at the end they got to play with the puppets and puppet theater (which I made from a cardboard box. Cut a whole for the window and painted it). It was fun and Shanti still remembers it and she is now 5

Jula
#6 of 13 Old 03-27-2003, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

thank you all for the wonderful ideas! A puppet show..how sweet!

#7 of 13 Old 03-28-2003, 02:54 AM

I like your theme idea! We weren't that organized, but one thing we did that I really am happy about was, in lieu of gifts, we asked folks to bring (or send) items for a "time capsule" that dd will open on her 21st birthday. We have enough toys for a small village (almost none bought by us -- first grandchild on both sides!!!) and plenty of clothes...so it seemed silly to get more gifts.

It also meant that folks could be creative rather than spend money...dd received newspapers, magazines, 2002 coins, stamps, videotapes, recording of current popular music, and other fun stuff that I imagine she will enjoy in 20 years...and the parents of the other babes in attendance really enjoyed watching the presents being opened!

Kim, momma to dd Tayte, 14 1/2 months old
#8 of 13 Old 03-28-2003, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

i love that idea! how cool!

#9 of 13 Old 03-28-2003, 11:54 AM

nak
i love the theme. dd is currently obsessed with bubbles. she chants "bubble" over and over until I get them out and blow them. we had no theme, but gave away goody bags with bubbles, pinwheels and a little baggie of cheerios (all kids were in the 9-13 month range).

maybe for the bubble show you could get one of those wands that makes giant bubbles or square bubbles?

for munchies we had baby friendly foods: fruit, cheese, hummous, pita, etc. the grownups enjoyed it too.

Trying to get my bearings...
#10 of 13 Old 03-28-2003, 02:36 PM

I love the time capsule idea! I think I am going to use for Lukas' second birthday. Thanks for sharing

Jula
#11 of 13 Old 03-30-2003, 10:46 PM

Your DD was born a day after my DS!! And we have a little friend here named Emma who is 2 days older than he!

I'm thinking about having some sort of craft or something. I want to do handprints...but I'm not too sure if it'll be too messy. I think there will only be 4 kids here. I hadn't even thought of a theme......I hope it'll be warm so we can be outside!

I like the time capsule idea....that is cool! i wish I would have been collecting things from the whole yr....I have some stuff and my granma keeps the paper from the day each grandkid was born that we get when we turn 18.

These are good ideas.....keep em coming ladies...I'm interested too!!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#12 of 13 Old 04-01-2003, 09:47 AM

what about sesame street theme with elmo and cookie monster. I did it with my daughter and she loved it.
#13 of 13 Old 04-02-2003, 03:48 PM

I'm impressed with everyone's ideas for a themed one year old party! We've been to a LOT of one year old parties lately, and my impression was that one year olds aren't old enough to appreciate a party, much less a cool-themed party. Not that you shouldn't do it, but might just be more for the adults (and pictures of course!).

~ Meredith, mom to dd(Jan '02), ds1(May '04) and ds2 (June '07) ~ :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page