Hot August Sun for June 05 Babies! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well we are just plain broke but Bama if I ever go see my cousin I will come and see you! I went on a roadtrip with a friend once and I had so much fun but we were so tired! And I'm not good with a map! We went to Georgia and when we got to Newyork for gas this maine hick was SCARED!!!!! The big Mall in Georgia was amazing our mall just has stuff to buy not a playground and carosel (SP!!)

(9/11) I was a childless woman and at work. I didn't really understand what was happening at all! I just remember wondering what was going on! All this with the airports now is just insane! We have come to the point of it just being so out there! I can't understand why these people want to kill us so badly! I mean seriously! Go to work and take care of your children and leave us alone!

Well the doc said that Nolan can't have claritin. So you gave this to your child and it was working on runny nose and sneezing? He also has big poofy eyes. Poor poor little man! We have been giving him some herb but I dunno what else to do.

Well glad your home Emmy I have to get Ali ready for Gymnastics now.
#62 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 10:23 AM

Bama, my dear, are you in GA? Where hte heck are you? : I'm going to be in GA for two nights next month; without Joey. Please come visit if you can and keep me a wee bit sane?

Quote:
sharron anne- you mentioned last week that you were worried about your supply- is it still a worry?
Thanks for asking! I think I'm leveling out, and I'm not too worried anymore. I increased my water intake exponentially, and cut out just about all caffeine...I cut out drinking just about anything except water, truth be told And that has seemed to help a lot.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#63 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

arg bonnie...just ignore the doc,. they like to say stuff like that for liability purposes./..You can just do the math on the weight, and give him that dose.

claritin is clinically safe for 2 and up, and very few meds are..so just so you know, you can cut the dose for a two yr old in half and go from there.
#64 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Bama, my dear, are you in GA? Where hte heck are you? : I'm going to be in GA for two nights next month; without Joey. Please come visit if you can and keep me a wee bit sane?

Thanks for asking! I think I'm leveling out, and I'm not too worried anymore. I increased my water intake exponentially, and cut out just about all caffeine...I cut out drinking just about anything except water, truth be told And that has seemed to help a lot.

Um no....i WAS in Alabama, and now i am in Tennessee. Where are you going to be in Georgia??
#65 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 12:11 PM

In Atlanta; a business conference. Blech.

Why was I thinking you're in GA?

#66 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 01:10 PM

I'm surviving my vacation. Dh is horribly sick with a cold. He's so lucky that I'm at home so he can sleep.

Sorry to hear about the morning sickness, Anne. I'm just occasionaly nauseous so far. It usually doesn't hit until 6-7 weeks for me. It hit last night when I took all 3 girls to the county fair by myself and my family asked if I was feeling all right. I get motion sick really easily (they are know that) so I blamed it on watching the rides go around and around.

We had fun at the fair. I will have to down load the pictures and get them on my blog. Maddie won best of show (and $5) for her mints. Ellsia got a 2nd. They each got a 3rd for their cucumbers. Next year I want to enter this great photo I have of Ellysia. I printed it out in sepia and they only want color or black and white, so maybe next year.

I've only got a few minutes left. Dh gave me 30. Poor boy.

ps: where's the pic of Hilger in his skirt????

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#67 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 01:31 PM

ds only gets 1/2 a teaspoon of claritin. i think the does for 2 years is a full one. plus it comes in the wonderful dye free form.

bama-how close are you to greenville TN? dh may be headed there in october.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#68 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

i dunno..i'll look up greenville.

and dh is home today! for the rest of the weekend!!

He has to go in tonight for a couple hours, and then he's gonna come home so we can have some much needed alone time together.
#69 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 03:43 PM

have fun 'bama!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#70 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 PM
mcs

just looked for pictures of the skirt but the i-photo only makes the little spinnner and freezes up. i will have to hook up the lap top and do it tonight.

need to make dinner- i have been taking advantage of eisas looong nap to refinish this table we got from the trash the other day- it is really pretty. or will be.....
hungry....
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#71 of 242 Old 08-17-2006, 08:52 PM

have fun bama

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#72 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 12:42 AM
mcs

here you go
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...5ctmGl&notag=1

hope that works.
i found out today that medicaid has dropped eisa for no reason that any idiot on the phone can tell me. she has been without insurance for over a month now. great.
also, she only just now went to sleep. i don't know what is the matter- i sure hope she isn't sick. i'm sleepy myself. goodnight.
melissa- do we get to read the article?

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#73 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 11:39 AM

hilger rocks!

Claire got up at 5 and I gave her a bottle and put her back to bed because I so wanted a bit more sleep. She's still sleeping. Poor girl is worn out from mom being home and dragging her every where.

#74 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

mcs..does he always wear a skirt? tha's funny! and he had knee socks on!

well, i'm gonna post on yahoo about last night. i was bummed:

and Ds is walking EVERY where!! woohoo!
#75 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 02:31 PM

go Schuy, go!

the neighbors are trimming the tree. i'm just waiting for them to wake up ds. he's so pissy...i hope he sleeps through it....

#76 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 02:32 PM

hilger is adorable!

#77 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 02:47 PM

LOL Well we will give it a try. It it helps thats great! I don't understand that though! Even tylenol is only rated for two and up! Even he infant one:

You probably thought Georgia because I rambled about my trip there!

this is soooo more my speed! Where have all the mommas gone.......
#78 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 03:20 PM

Hi Mamas,

I've been lurking, but SOOO busy at work My Manager is not here today, so I can finally post

Anne - Hope the morning sickness goes away soon.

Bamamom - Kat's fully adjusted to daycare, and loves playing. You were right on. There was lots of crying (both her and I) but now we're great.

La Mamita - Good recommendation on the Unconditional Parenting book. It was an interesting read.

I'm planning on purchasing Mothering - Nursing Your Toddler. Anyone read it? Should I buy it?

Kat's doing well. She is walking everywhere and just learned to say 'more'. I finally put her in a dress . http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...neHayley27.jpg

Other than that, Toronto is super hot. My office finally had its A/C fixed...

Oh, a question for the Mamas. Is there anyone that has not had AF yet? Mine has not returned.

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#79 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 04:47 PM

Kat is adorable!!

Nice skirt, H.
#80 of 242 Old 08-18-2006, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

aww kat is so precious.

geez, I WISH af hadnt arrived yet. ugh.
#81 of 242 Old 08-19-2006, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

what?? page TWO??? Where is every one??

And woohoo! I got an older lady to show me how to knit at a baby fair! now i gotta g otry!
#82 of 242 Old 08-19-2006, 05:49 PM

What's the best book out there for knitting newbies? I'm determined to try it this year!

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#83 of 242 Old 08-19-2006, 07:04 PM

kat's mommy: glad to hear that daycare is going better. af has come and now gone again. Are you hinting that you haven't had one? What is your nursing schedule like?

Claire: less of a temp today. No puking today. She definitely has less energy than usual. DH is still sleeping from his cold. He has tomorrow to sleep and them I'm back to work. Maybe we'll see if the neighbor girl could come over for a couple of hours to give him a break on Monday.

#84 of 242 Old 08-19-2006, 07:36 PM

No AF for me, either...not sure if that's Mirena related or nursing related. Cully nurses about the same as Sam did at this age and I didn't get it back with her til she was about 18 months, IIRC.
#85 of 242 Old 08-19-2006, 09:06 PM

AF came yesterday for me. Oh well. At least this way I can drink mojitos while we're on vacation next week!

Kat's Mommy, I can't recommend a knitting book but I can advise you to do what I did, which is to go to a book store and sit down and flip through several. I find it very difficult to learn from diagrams in a book, so I spent time looking to see which way of drawing and explanation made the most sense to me. I wound up with "Crocheting for Dummies" which seems so banal, but it was the best for me! I'm hoping to graduate to some much cooler books for patterns when I really get going.

Also, I read "Mothering Your Nursing Toddler" but I borrowed mine from an LLL library -- don't see the need to really own it. But well worth reading.

It's kind of quiet and rainy here. Off to church tomorrow to show my face and hold my head high after last week's performance ... and am hoping to meet Mamita after that. Fingers crossed!
#86 of 242 Old 08-20-2006, 12:41 AM

I'm nursing Kat in the morning, when I return from work, and all night (if needed), and of course, anytime on the weekends. She still wakes up 2-4 times per night, and I usually end up nursing her back to sleep.

Good idea about checking out different knitting books. I've only been able to cast on...then I get lost and confused : My goal this year is to do something productive.

What's the difference between crocheting and knitting?

Hopefully we will be checking out the jazz festival tomorrow...here's hoping for good weather because it's supposed to be :

#87 of 242 Old 08-20-2006, 09:58 AM

oooh Melissa! in a couple of weeks: it'll be O time! I'm just here to corrupt you and make you think having 3 kids is a good idea.

#88 of 242 Old 08-20-2006, 10:16 AM

Three kids is not my idea of a good time. Atleast not at the ages mine are at. I think if I do have another I will space them more that Ali and Nolan are spaced!:

My daughter had her open house at SCHOOL!!!!! I have to put her on a bus starting on the 30th. I sure wish I had a car because I would transport. The bus makes me nervous!

Well Nolan is getting all emotional got to go hope all is well!
#89 of 242 Old 08-20-2006, 11:43 AM

Kat'smommy, that's exactly how we nurse. In the morning when we wake up, after work, and then whenever else she wants it till the morning.

Re: crocheting vs knitting. I'm pretty proficient at crocheting. I know the basics of knitting but I really jsut do not enjoy it, so I never got further than the basics. I can crochet just about anything, though. The major difference is that with knitting, you use two needles, but in crocheting, you use one hook. It was just easier for me to pick up crocheting, but I know a lot of people who prefer to knit. It's all a personal preference, like everything else.

I'm on my third or fourth post partum AF as we speak. is WAY different than before having a baby. First off, I have an average of a 34 day cycle, as opposed to my 28-29 day cycle prenatally. I'm also totally wiped out the first day. NO energy whatsoever. Yesterday was cd1 and I made DH take Joey with him to his parents house all day so I could relax, clean a bit, and relax some more. In a little while, I'm going to ask him to take her outside and play with her so I can relax some more. Although, right now, she's playing in her toy room all by herself quite nicely.

A family of Canadian geese has adopted the yard next to my house. I can watch them out my living room window. Geese are such good parents.

#90 of 242 Old 08-20-2006, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

i can crochet like the wind, but am just starting the knitting. i cant wait to try now that i know how.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page