Hot August Sun for June 05 Babies! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 242 Old 08-26-2006, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
christmas shopping? do we have to start thinking about that already?

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#182 of 242 Old 08-26-2006, 09:02 PM

, i did a double-take at that.

raising my two sunshine children.

#183 of 242 Old 08-26-2006, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

last year we were done in September. This year, it'll probably be Nov. But any little bit helps
#184 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 01:34 AM

yikes bama. i'm not done until right before. infact, we usually go to MI then buy stuff b/c we can't pack it all in the truck

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#185 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

we cant afford to wait. it hurts a lot less to pick up one small gift a week , than to shuck out hundreds in one month.,

anne...check your IM.

and dang..my side hurts again! wahhhhhh....i thnk i have cysts agaiin.
#186 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 01:01 PM

Ok all you myspacers... I hopped on the bandwagon. I'm Ang. I think I got everyone from earlier in this thread but I might've missed some so lkm if you don't have a friend request from me cause I need to look less lame, stat.

Quiet weekend around here. I busted out the sewing machine for the first time in months and am painstakingly working on a kimono style shirt. I've got a peasantish type shirt to make, and after that a chair for Elaina. And I might be crocheting a blanket from my friends baby-to-be sometime soon, too. We'll see! It's nice to have some projects to work on.

Elaina is being very funny and cute lately. She's walking backwards and spinning around in circles and slithering backwards on the linoleum on her belly and learning lots of signs, and she's saying "Kai" short for her cousing Kaida.

Bama, you are on top of things!!! The only xmas shopping I've done is for Elaina... and that's just window shopping I enjoy buying baby toys waaaaaaaaaaay too much.
#187 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

fey,,, i sent you a friend request!!!
#188 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 01:08 PM

Darn it, I had time to read and then DS woke.

I tested again yesterday morn & stick said "pregnant" before I could get my hands washed. So....

YIPPEE!!! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Now I'm going to have to look for bf while you have a bump advice and bf 2 advice and .... I'll never have time for the real world again!
#189 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 01:27 PM

woot, your DS is going to be a big brother!!!!!! congratulations!!!!

there is a good book about tandem nursing. adventures in tandem nursing, i think it's called. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/091...lance&n=283155 i've heard very good things about it from the two mamas i know irl who are tandem nursing.

#190 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 01:39 PM

what's the one thing you don't want to hear about on the news the day before you fly out of Kentucky on a regional jet?

A plane crash on a regional jet flying out of Kentucky.

#191 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 01:47 PM

congrats! i have a crazy hard time keeping up with this thread.

our baby girl is here! marvel bethany. photos.yahoo.com/aja_belly in the folder from 8-25.

so i'm tandem nursing now. my supply is having no trouble keeping up.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#192 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 02:14 PM

woohoo on the new baby!!!!!
our first one here???

kathleen, congrats!!!!

emmy: from the resident afraid flyer.......i feel the pain.

ok, louis wont sleep.
be back
#193 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 02:38 PM

Wow, Aja!! Didn't even realize/remember you were pg. What a pretty girl!!! ANd Jet looks so big!!
#194 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

aja..yougotta post more!! We cant keep up unless you post!!

and for all you myspace friends.....i am loading pics of my wedding...so you can see me in all my glory, prebaby style

Ifigured out how to make a slideshow, and if the $$%^$%^ server wasnt too busy, i'd be done by now. Geez, i go to all the trouble of scanning pics in of my wedding day, and the server crashes. ugh.
#195 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 06:16 PM

congrats Aja! welcome to your beautiful dd!

congrats officially Kathleen!

#196 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 08:11 PM

any other college bound mamas interested?
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=509698

#197 of 242 Old 08-27-2006, 08:14 PM

i'm there. fyi there's a regular thread in the working mamas forum for student mamas. here's the latest two http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=501224 and http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=463146

#198 of 242 Old 08-28-2006, 09:25 AM

yea Kathleen!!! Congrats!

I started Christmas shopping yesterday. My sister needs to buy a little each paycheck so she wanted to draw names and get going on the sales.

Here's my vent: Aargh DH! He claims he has to walk around with his legs crossed. OK buddy, next time you have the stomach flu and are this close to vomiting, I'll pounce on you and demand some dtd. Now last night he whined that he didn't want to get up early because he stayed up too late. So I let him sleep in. Now he wants some. Umm. It's 7:15. WE (I mean me, because he needs to take a shower yet) need to get all 3 girls up, dressed, and breakfasted in 30 minutes! No thanks. Now he's cranky!!!! Stop being on the darn computer all night until who knows when in the morning and maybe you'd find me in bed. OK, now I feel better.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#199 of 242 Old 08-28-2006, 10:09 AM

: michelle! my dh learned that lesson. after awhile of not dtd he realized it's because i go to sleep and he's up on the computer. once he figured that out he was ok.

first stats test today...wish me luck

#200 of 242 Old 08-28-2006, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

lol...mclisa, i was d ying laughing.

youtell him, girl!
#201 of 242 Old 08-28-2006, 02:39 PM
mcs

congratulations kathleeeeeennn! and welcome back too- please keep posting. for us and for you.

aja- congratulations to you too!! do i remember that you were adopting? or have you been pregnant and i have been in lala land? great news on the supply. we have our own mini-due-date club going here in the toddlers forum.

i just tested again because i am eating soooo much and i havn't started my period, but i got a "no"
i think i am ready though.
i think i am i think i am.....

emmy- you are having the very worst travleing experiences this summer- hope that you are home and feeling safe by now.

too much to tell from over here- had a huge walk-out loose my temper fight with my sil and fil about bf. the end result was this from sil "i think that you are probably right, but that doesn't matter, i just want to be allowed to have my own opinion." wellll, can't argue with that logic can you?

it is going well with my other sil and bf though- the hospitl even sent a lactation con. to her house! i will call her again today though.

wish me luck in the moving house of tension......
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#202 of 242 Old 08-28-2006, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. We are looking forward to this adventure. I have to admit that I feel guilty when my heart starts to soar with all the possibilities for this new baby's future because I can tell that I have squashed a lot of those for DS. Didn't realize I had done that. In trying to be practical (and I don't want him to have a frustrating life where Mom's expectations are out of reach), I had really turned off a lot of my hopes without even realizing it. If you had asked me 2 weeks ago I would have adamantly denied it.

And on the pooping front (because I know you all want to know), we now have solids that can be thrown in the toilet and they appear in the diaper with a minimum of effort. Whew! There were some bad days for a while where Mom had to help him A LOT (and DH too... pooping became quite a family affair), but DS seems to be over the fear of what is happening and knows if he tells me I'll get him cleaned up and it will all be ok.

Mamita
Thanks for the book suggestion. Looks like a good one that will answer my practical questions.

Aja
Beautiful photos! Everyone looks sooooo happy.

McLisa
I have a similar problem because DH can't remember that I'm nauseous & that when I get up with my alarm before DS it's because I need to eat before nursing him.

MCS
Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on. Good luck with all of it.
#203 of 242 Old 08-28-2006, 08:33 PM

mcs-are all us preggo ladies making you want to join the club?

#204 of 242 Old 08-28-2006, 08:42 PM

Holy crap how long was I gone! Half the group is expecting

Congratulations expecting mommas!

Congratulations Aja! Shes beautiful! I forgot you were pregnant too!:

I hope everyone is feeling great and getting your rest!

OMG Ali gets on the bus Wednesday and tomorrow is my bday! Lots going on this week!:
#205 of 242 Old 08-28-2006, 09:52 PM

: angel!

mcs- good to hear about your other SIL still going at it with the BFing. and i think you won that argument....

#206 of 242 Old 08-29-2006, 11:05 AM

thank you! It doesn't feel the same when your an adult! Its another day. But Ali is excited! She wants to make me a cake. So I told her that daddy was going to take her to the store to get one to bake. She is THRILLED!

I love when someone that is against nursing just gives it a try and likes it! I know a momma that said she only did it because I did with Ali and what a challenge it was for us. So she thought well I don't have that to deal with so lets try! She is STILL nursing! Her baby is older than Noley!

Well I must admit I am entertaining the thought of another. I'm unsure of whether its linked to Ali getting on the bus and Noley being a toddler or not But I would still not consider it until Nolan is preparing for nursery school. I know all about the not getting sleep and it would have been such an advantage if she was going to school when I had him. I would have had a more one on one experience with him, and a chance to rest!

Well I have the little girl I am watching today and they require a lot of entertainment so this is just not going to do! What else can I do with them! We've made playdough and rice krispies this am. HMMMMMM
#207 of 242 Old 08-29-2006, 12:54 PM

Happy Birthday Angel!!
#208 of 242 Old 08-29-2006, 04:32 PM

happy birthday bonnie!

and come people...page 2? where is everyone?

#209 of 242 Old 08-29-2006, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

I havent been on..i've been crazy busy. trying to clean my nasty house, which looks l ike a bomb hit it, and after taking ds to the doc yesterday, b/c he wont stop throwing up/spitting up, even at 14 months.

we are going to children's hospital on Thursday am...to meet the baby gastro doc.
#210 of 242 Old 08-29-2006, 06:26 PM

bmama: poor you with a sick babe. i hope the figure out whats up with his belly, does he seem to suffer from it, or just from the side effect of not keeping food down so well

all the pregnant moms ar emaking me super jeolous!!

but not so much new here matty has been SO nice these past few days, crazy how quick they go from monster to angel. and louis is still a monster, but a happy one so that i can deal with. our child nurse mentioned she thought i should maybe have louis more (which is weird for a swede to say as they are so pro 50-50 and dont really accept that after BFing the moms role is any different>)
so i dunno, i agree with her, but dont know if its just selfish or not.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page