***May04 Mamas in September*** - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 223 Old 09-25-2006, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I, for one, remain undaunted by all the long posts. Remember ladies, it's all about ME. :

So, back to me:

I had a fantastic, if not utterly stressful, weekend! How do the 'twain meet? Weeeelll I drove to mexico city (the largest city in the WORLD mind you) (and I am quite the provincial type) Friday night with my wife and baby. I left Sol with her papa, at the last minute we were still wondering if they would go also but I insisted he brought me more stress than help when I was already pretty stressed. We both know the drill by now, so let's avoid the stress when we can. I did miss Sol, especially when we were walking around the fair at the plaza of Coyoacan, a lovely town from whence Frida Kahlo and all her genre did their biz.

We proceeded to wander around Mexico City traffic just for the fun of it, for an hour or so. (NOT-fun) En route to our hotel our provincial eyes witnessed a bounteous selection of honest-to-goodness Mexico City lovely ladies, all dressed uniformly in veeeery short skirts and little else. Most were kind of chunky! Latin men like their ladies well fed. Good thing, that. We marvelled and I wondered how much extra money I could make if I just went down to the street...

It's a wonder we made it to the hotel because all those REALLY BIG billboards kept distracting me. Apparently latin men like their ladies large but latin women are being reminded they need to be thin. They were very well lit and mine eyes seldom see such things so I was having a hard time concentrating.
Maybe that's why I missed the turn.

Anyway the whole reason I went was to give a two-day bellydance workshop, Tribal Style, baby, uh huh. I daresay it knocked their socks off. Because not a one of them wore socks.
We grooved on the tribal love and danced, I wore myself out despite my mucho training to get back into some semblance of shape before attempting to dance 8 hours in one weekend. Then I put them to work in small groups. Haha! The best trick any teacher ever used. Good for them, good for me...it's a pedagogical tool essential to the teacher toolbox.

21 students total, and mama elsanne made $700! Then I sold a bunch of my tribal castoffs, which were many in my career/hobby of spending way too much money on tribal goods. So it was a resounding success and left some of them clamoring for more. Others, of course, politely thanked me and said goodbye.

Yesterday after dancing 4 hrs I had to drive HOME 4 hrs, which thankfully was not as exciting as the drive there. I arrived just *spent*. Today I am happy to be home. And I think my good friend Lydia is having her baby as we speak. OH BOY!!!! or OH GIRL!!! We don't know yet.

Once again my may mamas youguys are my muse, my sounding board, and since I like what I wrote here I'm just agonna copy n paste my way over to my blog...soon I will have photos to accompany the narrative.

more to respond to y'all but just know I just love you. I am esp. thinking of TC wondering how the first week has gone...

xoxoxoxoxo!!!
#182 of 223 Old 09-25-2006, 01:04 PM

Wow- els! That sounds like an amazing trip. I've always wanted to visit Mexico City, your descriptions make me even more travel-lusty. But maybe what I really want to do is go visit you and have adventures.

Everyone was so busy posting, I am just getting caught up.

The lentil's potty experience took a seriously sour note yesterday when he peed on my bed. my new super delux king sized grownup bed. I was a little upset. This has inspired not one, but TWO great arguments with sweets. So we're just hanging in there. It seems kind of crazy to be TTC right now, what with the grumpies in our house. But we're optimistic people, and hopefully the grumpies will dissipate soon. So we're taking the potty situation pretty slow right now, hoping the lentil will get on board in the next few weeks. He sure loves wearing his big-boy underwear, though.

Have a great week, all!
#183 of 223 Old 09-25-2006, 04:09 PM

Oooh emmalola pee on the new bed! Aaarrrgh...! Big wool blanket under sheets? an idea.
#184 of 223 Old 09-25-2006, 06:33 PM

hello hello

LOVING this week of blissful sunshine. can't tell if it is the pregnancy hormones or the 2 weeks of rain and early sunsets that are tipping me towards my less mentally stable tendencies. not that i'm mentally unstable (becasue that sounds really bad) i just feel the winter blah's coming on (too early!) and hate to use the word 'depression' i need a term for feeling like the brink of depression. peri-depression? not quite depressed but would just rather not deal with anything? why do i feel like i need a xanax the minute i can't take one???? i went with the decaf today.

i had a wonderful amazing phone call yesterday (from my old roommate/friend in boulder). she is 5w pregnant and due at the same time as me. and they have been ttc for FOUR YEARS. i am elated for them. all kinds of fertility shots and yadda yadda and too much pressure and they gave up and she got acupuncture and got laid off from her stressful job and boom - she gets knocked up! yay!!! they will be great parents. so i have fingers crossed for lots of sticky. she had 2 blood tests to check hormone levels and they are rising. so far so good.

our house STINKS. dh painted the masonry sealer in the basement yesterday. highly toxic and i was trying not to NAG him to get it done but twitching that this is the one and only weather opportunity to do it. i dug in the yard. isaac says 'yard work' but it sounds more like wawok

it does comfort me that T did not speak clearly at age 2.5 KK. because i'm assuming he does speak clearly now and beth i'd love to hear your speech therapy tidbits when we get a chance. it is tough not being able to get his gist sometimes.

so we all know isaac is tv-addicted. and now he is interested in the computer. great! (sarcastic). i put it on this 'elmo's potty game' on sesame street.com where they have to push any key on the keyboard to help elmo go to the bathroom. forget the tv. this is his new addiction. he plays it over and over and over. and doesnt' want to play any.other.game. i am hoping this leads to PL!! he is doing really well pottying at school but isn't so interested at home. we did a little underwear time last night. brief-ly (and it is stuck in my head 'daddy i think i have to go to the bafroom')

elsanne - that sounds like an exciting weekend!

emmalola - well you'd have 9 months to get over the grumpies i hope things perk up around there.

claudia - i dind't even get your message until last night but everything worked out fine. i'm glad you got out of the house. poor isaac was STILL saying 'play marek's house' this morning. his snot thing seemed fine the rest of the day but it was bad yesterday morning and i think i made the right call. but we'd love to play soon

hf - i hope your computer comes home today!!

lisa - i'm sorry your best friends are moving. that is such a drag! it is hard to find people like that and magical when it happens

ok. enough procrastination from moi. back to work. happy monday!!
#185 of 223 Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

ok... running to check on little one sleeping in the moses basket to make sure i actually have a few minutes to type... still sleeping and ok...

wow. has it really been almost 9 days since i birthed another baby? it feels like forever and like it's how it's supposed to be. we still have issues with getting stuff done with two children... it's so weird to write that i have two children... but most of the time it's only one kid crying/having a tantrum/hating diaper changes. bill had a work flame mail and affiliated issue for a few hours this morning that exasperated me, but it's somewhat resolved and marek is napping and the little one is napping after having a nurse-fest this morning (i really need to look up when growth spurts happen to remind myself...)

oops, marek just woke up and is coming to check on us in the office... sad boy... he loves having daddy at home.

jstar: thanks so much for bringing by dinner yesterday. we actually saved it for dinner tonight, but i'm sure it's del-ish. we must definitely arrange playdate for isaac and marek again.

fiddle: friday would be splendid if you are still available.

saw sarah at the pdx babywearing meeting yesterday, too.

nothing else profound to write at this time. been contemplating writing the birth story this week and will let you all know when it's done.

little one does not have a name yet, although we have a working list of possibilities now. at least, i *think* we have a working list... with marek, it was more of an issue with the name marek and my mother's association with the name and her father (it's her maiden name) and that's why it took us so long to officially put the name out there. that, and the fact that up until the day marek was born, bill seemed okay with not naming his son after him (he's a IV and marek could have been a V) and then suddenly had libra-ish second thoughts and worries that his dad would be upset. with this one, we just don't have a lot of names that we like the sound of. that and does it go with bill's and marek's last name (i kept my own last name) and how does "marek and ____" sound seem to be the other issues.

whiny boy needs a drink now, so i will stop.

thanks for thinking of me, every-mama...

MMF!

~claudia
#186 of 223 Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 PM

claudia, I loved reading the update. I just keep picturing you and your family, since I've seen your house. I am still and always sending lots of love and good thoughts.

jstar, I am convinced your feelings are pregnancy related. It just goes all too well with how I felt at the beginning of both pregnancies. The hormone thing is really real, it's not that you are mentally unstable--although that is often a result! Also, Sol is still not clear in her speech often. She speaks a language I find myself translating for others, and several times she says something I don't understand and just waits for me to get it instead of showing me what it is. Sometimes this results in crying, insistently repeated versions of same, with me wanting to bonk her and walk away. With the most loving of bonks, yknow. But TODAY! She sat at the table and pointed at things, requesting I say their name, then repeating after me! (yes I know, all the talkers did this MONTHS ago!) It was soooo cute I kissed her after every repeat much to her feigned dismay. She has pointed at things, and requested I say them before, but would rarely repeat after me until muuuch later. So this was new for us.
Also neato that you have a friend irl same preg as you, jstar!! I love it when that happens, it happened for me too.
#187 of 223 Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 AM

Heather-glad your computer will be back soon! I've missed hearing from you but think of you often

Jstar-G's speech if often unintelligible, also. Of course, he was barely talking three months ago, so it's vastly improved from that point. I understand about 1/2 of what he says and the other 1/2 has parts I understand, but not quite sure what he means. He sure knows, though, and sometimes it frustrates him, but we're getting better about figuring it out. Asking him to point at it, guessing words out the blue, etc. His pronunciation has become clearer on many things, too. But, he still says "meemee" for banana and "racing dar" instead of car, so we've got room for improvement. He repeats so many things over and over.

And is anyone else noticing the imagination really starting to take off? Maybe it's because he's just getting so verbal, but he will talk about monkeys in trees, seeing a blue racing "dar", an "aymane" (airplane), a fire truck (can't even write how he says that word) when none are nearby, etc. DH or I will ask him what he did today and he'll make up something that didn't happen...like today dh took G with him while dh got a haircut (I was working). I asked G if daddy got a haircut, and he said "Mine haircut. And a yolly-pop (lollipop). And a blue aymane." Funny, but is it normal? I hope so. He also turns everything into something else. Like the lid to a plastic storage box was both a motorcycle and his hoisey (horsey). I guess this is just good imagination, I just often wonder where he comes up with this stuff!

TC-Glad you're adjusting well to the new boy. I've been thinking of you, too!

elsanne-your weekend in the big city sounds like quite an adventure. I would love to take belly dancing sometime. So opposite of what I feel comfortable with, but I think it's amazingly cool to watch. And, I find it's always good to try things that scare me!

Oh yeah, and G actually acknowledges the potty chair! He uses it each night after he gets out of the bathtub, and sometimes he actually pees in it! He's been waking up in the morning saying "Mama, I poop" or "Mama, I pee" and I ask him if he wants to use the potty chair. So far, he only uses it at night with dad, but it's a start.

Good night all!
#188 of 223 Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 AM

Here's one for Heather, who I hope gets her 'puter back soon so she can see it: Also any other knitters or people who like funny animation:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M6ZjMWLqJvM
#189 of 223 Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 PM

Hi Mamas!

It was great to see Claudia and 'Little Brother' on Sunday. What a cutie.

Elsanne - your weekend sounds fabtastic. I so want to come visit you. We are seriously thinking about a Central/South America trip next summer! I reeeeeeeeeally need to get my Spanish up to speed and, I want to visit you!

jstar - I hope your mood improves. I agree that it probably has something to with your current gestational status. I remember I felt totally bipolar for the entire first trimester... but this weather is great, huh?

Jacqueline - Love your stories about G's imagination. Lily also does that making stuff up. She will run into the kitchen shouting, "Mama! Papa! There's a [insert Dr. Seuss character of the week here - mostly recently a Lorax] in the living room! Right in front of the couch! He's PURPLE!" She'll point out whatever it is that she's invented, talk to it, show us, pretend to hold it, make it jump into her hand, feed it, etc. Very hilarious.

Soooooooo I started the quarter yesterday. It will be cool but intense. The first class was awesome - Foundations of Midwifery Care - but today is research and statistics: yawn. I am excited for the next two years, though - finally! My new school year's resolution is to complain less and enjoy/be thankful more. We'll see!

I bought about 60 bulbs and must plant them this weekend. It's a mix of crocus, daffodil, scilla, hyacinth - should be beeyootiful. DH started building a roof/awning over the back door, which will include an arbor over half the deck. Meant to finish that in the Spring, but oh well! Exciting to actually be starting some projects. The foundation is next on his list.

Thinking of you all during this change-y Fall weather. I love to think of us all spread out around the country but connected by a strong web of love, support, and fiber optic cable!

*mwah*

Sarah
#190 of 223 Old 09-26-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
Hi Mamas!

I love to think of us all spread out around the country but connected by a strong web of love, support, and fiber optic cable!
countRIES!!
#191 of 223 Old 09-26-2006, 12:57 PM

Doh!
#192 of 223 Old 09-26-2006, 01:04 PM

It's okay. I feel connected to you by lots of fiber optic cable. :
#193 of 223 Old 09-26-2006, 02:42 PM

yeah the more i think about it the more i chalk it up to hormonal craziness. i had the same thing last time but i thought it was anxiety about having a baby. (the OMG what did we DO????) i had a bad anxiety spell several years ago where i woke up sweating and nauseous every morning. i totally could not deal with life. this is how i feel every morning right now and i HATE it. albeit---not so bad. not so sweaty. not SO nauseous. but still not feeling good or normal. anxiety and pregnancy look way too much alike for my comfort. and not sleeping well. i'm usually like a rock in the am and this morning i was out of bed at 6 because it sounded like the trains were IN our bedroom : and we aren't even that close to the tracks. tomorrow i have to be downtown by 7:30 so i guess the insomnia will come in handy.

i bought some bulbs and need to plant them too. i love that payoff in the spring when you need it most i got a pretty good sized forsythia at freds for $7 too i'm hoping to get a bunch of stuff at the october portland nursery clearout sale too. i was too broke last year. our yard needs a lot of shrubs for structure. of course they won't grow into privacy size for years but better to start sooner rather than later. i will only be satisfied when i can't see a single inch of chain link fence. hate it!
#194 of 223 Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 PM

Okay, I should be painting or cleaning or SOMETHING, but L wants to nursenursenurse, so here I am (dh is at a swimming lesson with the boys).

Hey, y'all didn't tell me what you and your kids are good at. I was serious.

Ack, I have some bulbs I need to plant, on top of the 50,000 other things I have to do.

Jess, I become a nut when I am pg (of course, it's worse when I'm taking a medication which causes depression). I think that in pg, it's so easy to forget that one was sane only days/weeks/whatever ago, and that one will be sane again, someday. I feel for you. And I'm very happy for your friend (wonder if we go to the same acupuncturist??).

Els, your post made me want to find a good belly dancing class. Seriously. Maybe you can tell me what I should be looking for? And I laughed at your driving stories...

Sarah, stats is a good thing to have under your belt. Yucky to actually be studying, but very, very useful to be able to deconstruct studies and tell whether the results are really valid. (It will be especially usually for sifting through any crappy conventional childbirth type research).

Re speech... I was thinking about this today (while I was circling, circling the block, trying to get Z to sleep). And the best thing I could come up with is that I think it might be reassuring to just post a question in special needs parenting about what is normal for this age. (Basically, what I want to say is that it's really normal for them to pronounce words correctly, be hard to understand, etc., but I know that there are speech therapists on MDC, and they can give you better, more reassuring answers.) I would try to say more, but my brain is fried, and I feel very inarticulate right now.

TC, so much harder to name subsequent kids, because of of the "X and ____" situation, as you say. That was a big difficulty for us with L's name. The boys, as you know, have kind of longish, old-fashioned, definitely male names, and dh kept suggesting single syllable, gender-neutral, more modern names, and it just irked me.

EL, poo on pee on the bed. I read your blog, and I'm sending you random other hugs, too. And please *do* conceive. I love getting to experience all these pregnancies vicariously.

I need to call the ins co and ask them if they want the unused PJ (the hi cal formula) back (if they don't want it, I will donate it to Children's Hospital), but somehow, I'm afraid that if I get rid of it, Z will backslide. I think I'll hang onto it for just a bit longer, then call.
#195 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 01:11 AM

I have stats under my belt. Twice. That is why it is boring and lame. They are making me do it because it's nursing research, not linguistic (i.e. humanities) research like I've had. Hello, people, numbers are numbers and graphs are graphs. Harumph.

Emmalola - thinking of you and TTC. Love reading the minute details on D&S. Makes me feel kind like a midwife!

Just ate a scrumptious dinner at an excellent Lebanese restaurant, took a fun bath with Lily, and now must push DH in the direction of putting L. to bed. She got up at 10 this morning after going to sleep around 10:30 last night. :

Sarah
#196 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 11:28 AM

rereading my post from yesterday, I meant "pronounce words INCORRECTLY"....
#197 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 11:31 AM

Aaaah it makes much more sense now!!!

#198 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 11:36 AM

Since you're apparently here to hear me, can I whine for a bit? (I will, whether you grant me permission or not.)
#199 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 11:40 AM

Z is upstairs tantrumming, basically the same flavor tantrum he threw just after getting home from swimming last night (and then again just before bedtime). And dh is walking out the door (just as he was last night... he had a meeting to go to). Sigh. And my back is KILLING me. I slept funny, and I'm going to hobble around today like an old person. Seriously, I can't really turn my head or twist my body without YEEOUCH.

Oh well. At least I think it's going to be sunny today. (Yes, a day can be salvaged by sunshine for me...)
#200 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 AM

KK
#201 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 11:45 AM

And oh yeah, I think the reason for the tantrums is that he hasn't napped the last couple of days. And yes, bed night sleep ensued. I feel kind of pathetic, how the quality of my own life is kind of determined by the quality of my 2 yr old's sleep, but there you go.

Oh, here he is. He looks like his face is melting (tears and snot). Gotta go.
#202 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 11:45 AM

kk, oh gawwwd. Hang in there sweetie. I know the feeling.
#203 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 PM

ack, that's BAD night sleep ....
#204 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 03:45 PM

sarah you reminded me that isaac (and consequently us) all slept until 9:30am on sunday. it felt gloriously lazy and about as close to pre-childbearing sundays as we have ever had!! he's definitely gaining the propensity to sleep in. i had to wake the poor dude when it was still dark this morning and it sucked. he was curling up in a ball and squeezing his eyes closed going nooooooo! i felt like doing the same thing

what am i good at? uhhhhh. uhhhhh. shopping! : writing reports. analyzing data. procrastinating.

what is isaac good at? his new my do it thing is putting the nestle quik strawberry powder into the milk and stirring by himself without spilling the powder. and last night he was standing on me (balancing) and falling onto the couch. good balance.

i am HONGRYYYYY!!! what's for lunch?
#205 of 223 Old 09-27-2006, 04:10 PM

Hey, KK-I feel your two-year-old sleep woes, too. G has had awful naps for the last week, only really going to sleep if we were in the car. So I know what you're talking about and it truly does suck. He's sleeping now, though, so I plan to enjoy it! Hope your back feels better

What do we do well? I think that I am a good listener, a compassionate person, and am able to be pretty silly with G (which I didn't know if I could do or not). I'm also pretty laid back, so I'm good at remaining relatively calm when stuff happens. Gabriel has the BEST laugh! It cracks me up to hear him laugh. He also enjoys using a glue stick for art projects and just sitting down, reading books by himself. Of course, I think he's highly intelligent, but that could be the mom talking.

Thanks for asking, KK. That was a good exercise.

Oh yeah, and I have bulbs to plant, too. Tulips, my favorite flower. Since our yard is literally the size of a postage stamp, that's it. But, I really need to get them in the yard because the ground actually freezes here (as opposed to where we were in Texas last year.) I'm so enjoying autumn again. I love it! The colors right now are so gorgeous.

I think I've decided to not return to the MOPS group. After mulling it over for the past week, it just didn't feel right for us. My gut tells me it's not worth continuing to try to put G in their childcare. I just didn't get a good feeling about it. However, I'm one of these people that sees both sides to EVERYTHING so I keep asking myself if I'm not going back cause I'm scared to try something new or because I really don't think it's the right thing for us? I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but we'll find out in another week.

I have looked in the MDC tribe locator before and found nothing for this part of the state, but I'll try again. I do appreciate all of you saying your child has gone through clingy phases, also. I think we're in one, and he's just that kind of kid anyway.

Sarah-stats would not be fun for me, either. And taking it the third time would not be any more fun, I'm sure. At least you have more midwifery stuff to keep you going.
#206 of 223 Old 09-28-2006, 03:07 PM

Things we're good at:
Me - Patient and open/flexible. I am amazed at how tested I am on saying I am good at this each and every day I parent, but in general I am proud of my ability to roll with it.
Alison - IMO, she is the queen of acceptance. She is the happiest, most content person I know.
Eleanor - I think that I appreciate her willingness to express her preferences (and this will bite me in the a$$ one day soon) and her imagination. She has a whole slew of imaginary lady bugs, apple trees, and dogs that she plays with every day. Some of the cutest moments come out of thin air...

Jacquie - I hope you find your tribe of wonderful women and families soon!

Hey, mcsarahb, RN - Did you see that Birthwise in Maine is doing a version of thier DEM/CPM program with less time on site and more preceptor time. So a couple of months in Maine each year for three years sounds awfully tempting to me...just dreaming for now.

Take care all mamas
#207 of 223 Old 09-28-2006, 04:51 PM

Z took a *4* hr nap yesterday. Apparently, he's not all caught up, because he was up screaming "MOMMY!" in the middle of the night (and I was so exhausted I slept right through it :, and dh whisked him off to the guest bedroom, where I found them this morning). And he's asleep already today (he was so obviously very cranky and needing a nap that I knew it would be a snap). I'm really hoping that tonight's sleep is better and that peaceful napping returns. He's teething (got the bulges on the last 2 molars, and he's walking around with a whole hand in his mouth).

Just wanted to report in.

Something I read here (MDC) and heard sort of 2ndhand IRL bugging me... it sounds like our local hospital no longer does VBACs. I want to ask on our local AP listserv... if it's true, then I'm pretty : .
#208 of 223 Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM

Hey Mamas! I'm here in presence. Heather, you got your computer back?

Congratulations on the baby boy fiddle! How totally exciting! And how could you think your news wasn't as exciting as everything else? Totally excited fo ryou! I forget when you are due?

How's Alison feeling these days, Lisa? When's the new one comig to your house?

How's the new semester SArah?

Where've you been Renae?

Emmalola-lotso babydust to you!

els-how's the baby and the toddler? Thinking of you often

kk-here's to a great night's sleep

jacqueline-hope you make some great friends soon. i have a feeling i'm going to know exactly what you're talking about all too soon!

nuggets-you sound like such a great educator!

claudia-thinking of you mamax2!
ok, better get off the 'puter Big hugs to my maymamas!
#209 of 223 Old 09-29-2006, 06:42 PM

thanks for the babydust! we're about 6 dpo, and waiting for a temp dip, so who knows what will happen. I came to realize this morning that this is a process, and it's not a sure thing ever, so I need to stop obsessing about the timing. we'll be happy with anything, ever, because we're happy people. so on with life.

But excuse me while I rant just a little: we're living with my dad, sweets is out of town, I have a killer cold and last night I came down with a killer migraine to add to the mix. I had to put the lentil down for bedtime when I couldn't even see straight, let alone read freaking dr. seuss. this morning I wake up after a horrible, sick, painful night and see that my dad and his 26 year old girlfriend have left the house in a terrible mess, there's garbage and wood shavings all over the floor (she's been carving a sculpture out of cedar so it felt just a wee bit like we were living in a habitrail)(they're both sculptors), and they are offering NO help with the lentil. Why bother living with family when you only get to clean up their crap and not get to actually have some help and family-style living? I hate this situation right now, and I can't wait until we move out. I also hate that living with my dad has turned out to be such a bad plan. I had such high hopes for living with extended family. So after cleaning up their crap so I had enough room to make our breakfasts (!) and getting the lentil settled with his day, they emerged from their bedroom all sympathetic. "We made you chicken soup" they tell me. yes- they made me chicken soup but then they ate it all and left a little puddle of soup still in the pan for me overnight. so it was pretty much gross anyway. "Thanks!" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRrrRRrrrr

But we had a great playdate with a new friend this morning, so the day only started horribly.

*4* hour nap? Wow. Did that affect his nighttime sleep at all? We're supposed to be at a playdate right now but the lentil is still asleep- I like the long naps but not when there's playing to be done.

creativity: loving it. I love to take little moments with the lentil to hear how his brain is ticking away. amazing. simply amazing.

what do we do well? survive. we survive. at least right now, we're getting by and we're doing an okay job of it. we also have fun together as a family, especially when we're outside hiking or enjoying our great mother earth.

Oop- I think i hear the boy. toodleoo!
#210 of 223 Old 09-29-2006, 11:56 PM

just call me threadkilla!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page