Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Owen said "buddha" today!

Welcome to Jonah's mom!!!
#122 of 229 Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!
As far as talking goes, Jonah says a bunch of single words and a few two word "sentences."
Every morning when I'm getting him dressed, we do a routine where I say, "Where are we going? Are we going to school? Where are we going?" So two days ago I was really tired and was staring out into space getting him dressed. I took him into the bathroom to fix his hair and he looks right up at me and says, "Where goin?" Like, mom, you forgot! He amazes me every day
#123 of 229 Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 PM

ktmama- DD sounds just like yours. She dislikes most veggies too, but like the same ones yours does. Interesting!

fridgeart - We get out 4 times a week right now. We do swimming lessons on Monday, Gymboree Music class on Wednesday, Waldorf Parent/Child on Thursday, and Gymboree on Friday. I'm getting ready to give up the Music class at Gymboree though. I don't think she is getting much out of it other than socializing, and that's a lot of money to spend on socializing. DD thrives off of getting out of the house. She enjoys it so much. We are really loving Waldorf and may start that twice a week instead of Gymboree. I haven't decided yet. DD loves the water at swimming and everywhere else too!

DD's new thing is spinning in circles. Of course she crashes afterward, but she loves it. It's so cute!

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#124 of 229 Old 09-14-2006, 10:05 PM

Welcome Alison!
This is such a great board!

How is it that there are so many changes in just a week or so? It seems like everyone's babes are going through major transitions. I've found myself getting misty over how toddler-like E is, and I'm not a very sentimental person. Has anyone else noticed that when their DC is learning a new physical skill or is growing a lot (crawling, walking, teething, etc), that things like speech kind of slow down, and that as soon as it's mastered/grown, they pick up where they left off? E's last tooth (yes, #16!) is finally all the way through as of last night, and today she is talking, talking, talking...just wondering if it is a coincidence?! Before this last batch of teeth came in, she was talking a lot, then it kind of stopped, and now it's back with a vengeance!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#125 of 229 Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 PM

EStreetMama - can you clear your mailbox, please? Thanks.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#126 of 229 Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Alison! I love the "where goin?" story.

Adam isn't into veggies too much, either...he's really only into carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash at the moment, and I keep wondering when his skin is going to turn orange!?! Seriously... He won't touch anything green right now except pickles.

I love all the new words everyone's getting - truck and Buddha! Very cool!!!

And Kitty, I have been giggling for two days over "beast fed" -- Adam was mowing on some cheese yesterday and that's all I could think of. My beast was fed. heeheeheehee!!

Oooh - another OB visit today. She felt my belly up good and my baby's head is definitely down! Yeah!!

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#127 of 229 Old 09-15-2006, 01:03 AM

Howdy mamas! It's been awhile! It's great to be back home safe and sound after a trip back east Boston/NH and August's one, two , three birthday celebrations on two coasts and in 3 cities. WOW!: Check out all the fun pics of the co-youngest 1 year old on the thread here;
http://www.soulshinefamily.smugmug.com/gallery/1869370

I can't believe it! What big babes we have! August is saying just a few intelligible things; mama, papa, ball, bye-bye, woof woof, Nay-na (our friend Shayna) but he jabbers to himself NONSTOP! Obviously gets it from his verbose professor daddy!

Food ideas- August is all about finger foods, puffed rice, pieces of Kettle Valley organic fruit bars are a huge fave, bite size fruit including melon, peaches, strawberries, and frozen blueberries and mango. He still loves avocado, steamed carrots, broccoli and squash. For breakfst we sometimes have Earth's Best oatmeal mixed with yo-baby yogurt (I'll finish what yogurt he doesn't oooh-that stuff is delish!) or fruit and egg yolk and yes still oatios!

As far as getting out goes, we do baby swim (some) Mondays, library story hour on Tuesdays, starting Music Together on Thursday, and Sparkplug dance on Fridays. I think that's plenty along with the occasional walks with other moms and babes.

oops, baby cryijn2`

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
#128 of 229 Old 09-15-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsunshinemama
As far as getting out goes, we do baby swim (some) Mondays, library story hour on Tuesdays, starting Music Together on Thursday, and Sparkplug dance on Fridays. I think that's plenty along with the occasional walks with other moms and babes.
Okay, you mamas are making me feel guilty! We go to a playgroup once a week and visit my parents once a week, but that's it! We do go out almost every day -- the grocery store, Target, or another errand -- but other than that we just play at home. (We were taking a music class once a week for a while, but that ended.)

I'm also a little lazy about taking Henry for walks, but he loves it so much that I'm trying to be better about it. I'm just such a homebody and NOT an outdoorsy-type.

Am I the only one? :

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#129 of 229 Old 09-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Hmmmm....a bit of guilt going on here too. I take A out to walk for an hour every morning and we stop at the park, but no formal classes or playgroups here. No way we could afford them anyway. As a matter of fact, I decided to stop going to my AP group from now on. Too many kids, not enough limits of agression and tooooo dangerous for my little girl.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#130 of 229 Old 09-15-2006, 01:10 PM

No worries, mamas, whatever works!! I just find that August and I both like having something to do to break up our day and get out of the house. We both get bored in our small place and he always has better naps when he has had some kind of outside stimulation. We can mostly walk everywhere, which makes it easy for us!
That said, most libraries have free kids programs that we've found to be a great way to meet other moms with babes!

If you get a chance, check out my "nipple extraction" thread here and weigh in! http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=6039689

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
#131 of 229 Old 09-15-2006, 05:05 PM

We don't do a whole lot here either in the way of daily activities. We do go to dh's g-parents one day a week, wal mart two or three times a week to walk around/chat {yeah, it's one of those towns} and of course the primary school every day to pick up the older girls. Em seems to thrive despite the lack of any 'focused' activity though so we're happy
#132 of 229 Old 09-15-2006, 06:20 PM

Welcome Alison!!

Paying for classes is not something I want to do. It's just not where I want to spend my money. I can call up a friend and meet at the playground, the coffee shop or a house and that is free!! Also, O tends to want to nap whenever I have a planned event. Woe to those who keep her awake past naptime.

One exception might be Waldorf. That would be pretty cool, but I would not be able to go until O drops her morning nap.

O started saying shoe and cool. It's so cute to hear her say "cool"! And she's also learned "cold" because she was calling everything in a mug or glass "hot" and I want her to know it's not always hot.

They pick up so much. These little people amaze me!!

Today I was a SAHM. It was so much fun. We had some AP mamas over, and I can see why Katie doesn't want to attend a group anymore. A boy poked O in the eye twice. She deals with this kind of thing very well...didn't seem to phase her very much, but I don't like that roughness. Anyway, we walked to the post office and went by the playground on the way home. Fun fun fun!!
#133 of 229 Old 09-16-2006, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

I was feeling guilty, too. No organized activities here ... we live 50+ miles from the nearest organized playgroup and 100+ miles from the nearest formal toddler classes/activites. I can't justify spending the gas $$ these days to drive to them, so Adam and I take a lot of walks, play in the yard and on the beach, and I try to go "out" at least once a day in our tiny town (gas station, grocery store, post office, bank). I do miss having a library in town, though, and may consider driving a few times a month this winter to get to one. I read "The Truck Book" nine times today.

#134 of 229 Old 09-17-2006, 02:09 PM

Hey everyone. About the organized activities, Tova and I are both very social, but we don't do much in that realm. Just a Baby's First Books at the library one morning a week. But we go out EVERY morning (she's usually cranky, but not tired enough to take a nap, and as long as we get out, she does great) for a long walk/outing, and I usually try to incorporate a stop of some sort -- the library, mall, coffee shop, a friend's house, grocery store, park, etc. That way we have a coffee/snack (coffee's for me!) and usually a chat with whoever happens to be around. I've found Tova is a great conversation starter, so to speak! I'm also lucky enough to have my Booby Club, a group of seven Moms in my area with babes aged 7 months to 17 months, and we always get together one morning a week -- either at someone's house or at a park. Some of us have known each other for years, others we met through friends of friends or LLL. Anyhow, it's a wonderful group and great Mommy therapy some days. It's so funny, though, how our meetings have changed since the babes (or most of them) have become mobile. I think Tova was about six weeks old at the first meeting and back then we could just sit with babes in arms and drink lattes. So relaxing! But these days definitely have their incredible moments, too. It's all good. I also try to get to a LLL meeting one morning a month.

I'll be sorry to see some of this come to an end when I return to work (three-four days a week) after Thanksgiving (Oct. 10). Sniff, sniff ... I'm really struggling with it, although I know I am incredibly blessed to have had the last year-plus off.

On another note, Tova now has two molars. Nine teeth altogether. And she's really been struggling with them these past few days as they come through. I feel so badly for her, because it's gotta hurt. She's really nursing roughly (poor Mom!) and her sleep has been disrupted. Also, for the past few weeks, as teeth #7, 8, and 9 have come through, she's had really soupy poops. No matter how quickly I change her, they seem to make her bum a bit red and sore, and she's never had any diaper-rash problems before. Anyone else with similar experience?

We're enjoying gorgeous September weather here in Nova Scotia. Hope everyone's having a fantastic weekend.
#135 of 229 Old 09-19-2006, 12:40 AM

anybody else fallen completely out of a falling asleep rhythm? I don't want to nurse to sleep anymore. He will not go to sleep at night. I've been exhausted and taken to going for a 10 minute drive around bedtime and he is fast asleep.

but now that is the routine. : :

in a couple of more months I am cutting back from 32 hours to 16 hours. i will slowly try to incorporate routine again. hoping this insane teething is contributing. 3 came through this week and he is working on 2-4 more. poor bug.

i am so tired i can't even make coherent sentences and obviously punctuation is out the window. guess that left a while ago, but then again i've been exhausted for going on 4 years.

so looking forward to not working evenings anymore. sorry for the rant, needed a safe place to release.

hopefulfaith - Wow! you are in the homestretch now, momma.
#136 of 229 Old 09-19-2006, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmlife View Post
anybody else fallen completely out of a falling asleep rhythm? I don't want to nurse to sleep anymore. He will not go to sleep at night. I've been exhausted and taken to going for a 10 minute drive around bedtime and he is fast asleep.
Yes, oh goodness, yes. It was 9pm. Bath at 8:30 then bed and nurse down by 9. Now we're lucky to get to sleep by 11, I don't know what happened. Well, I do - we've been lax about our routine because of this or that happening...sigh.

Kiernen has been walking with more and more confidence lately. Just a couple of days ago he would insist on holding my hand and leading me everywhere with him. Today we went out for the brief sunbreak today and he would not hold me hand. I stuck rather close, but he just wanted to walk all about on his own. He only took my hand a couple of times, and only very briefly at that. He wanted to do it himself despite all of the falling because of uneven surfaces. *sniff*

So with all of this newfound freedom has come an absolute hatred for riding in the car and being restrained in his carseat. You'd think we were torturing him the way he screams and protests and thrashes his body about. It is all we can do to keep him from hurting himself or us when we put him in the car. We're both getting really good at finding things we think might distract him from his fighting. Once he is in and we're on the road, he is fine, at least for a short while. But man alive, we have begun to dread making any stops where we have to take him out only briefly, because then we will have to put him back in!

DH has become the man of the hour in Kiernen's eyes. He cries when upon waking he realises he is gone for the day. He asks for him several times a day and whimpers when I explain that he isn't here, he is at work. And when he does get home, Kiernen is so happy to see him. If DH leaves the room from Kiernen for any reason he will start to cry. You can imagine how much fun this adds to my day, right? Because without DH there, all Kier wants to do is read his books, in my lap, all day long. I love snuggling up and reading to him, but all day is a really long time, even punctuated by naps and eating.

Next week DH will be out of town on bsiness all week, so I will be a single Mama for FIVE WHOLE DAYS. Now I know, he is a singleton, and there are many single Mamas out there who are raising more than one child (my Mom raised three alone), so me whinging about this is really self indulgent and silly. But pretend with me that it isn't, because I am totally anxiety-ridden about it. It's bad enough when he isn't here for a day! Kiernen is so sad. But for a whole week??? No breaks for me for a week! No sewing, no showering...how will I do the dishes and laundry and cook with Kiernen attached to my body?

/whine

Sorry, I just had to get it out. I am aware of the silliness here.
#137 of 229 Old 09-19-2006, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Next week DH will be out of town on bsiness all week, so I will be a single Mama for FIVE WHOLE DAYS. Now I know, he is a singleton, and there are many single Mamas out there who are raising more than one child (my Mom raised three alone), so me whinging about this is really self indulgent and silly. But pretend with me that it isn't, because I am totally anxiety-ridden about it. It's bad enough when he isn't here for a day! Kiernen is so sad. But for a whole week??? No breaks for me for a week! No sewing, no showering...how will I do the dishes and laundry and cook with Kiernen attached to my body?

/whine

Sorry, I just had to get it out. I am aware of the silliness here.
No silliness! I feel sorry for myself when DH is gone for the evening. I would be so stressed if he were gone for five whole days.

Come here for hugs and venting any time you want.

#138 of 229 Old 09-19-2006, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmlife View Post

but now that is the routine. : :

in a couple of more months I am cutting back from 32 hours to 16 hours. i will slowly try to incorporate routine again. hoping this insane teething is contributing. 3 came through this week and he is working on 2-4 more. poor bug.

i am so tired i can't even make coherent sentences and obviously punctuation is out the window. guess that left a while ago, but then again i've been exhausted for going on 4 years.

so looking forward to not working evenings anymore. sorry for the rant, needed a safe place to release.
UGH, that exhaustion is the worst. So sorry, hon. And I know what you mean about trying something just for a short-term relief only to have it turn into a routine. It's how I ended up having to put Henry in the mei tai for every nap for months and months. I finally just took him in the bed for naps and let him thrash around and be unhappy a few times; now he USUALLY goes to sleep without a lot of fuss. (Though it can still take half an hour or so.)

Hopefulfaith -- I'm so excited for you. Henry still wears me out, but I miss having a baby around. I've even got DH discussing the possibility of trying to use our one frozen embryo at some point.

#139 of 229 Old 09-20-2006, 12:27 AM

Just back from squeezing the last few days of summer out of the Colorado Rockies. Mountain sunshine, changing aspen, elk mating and Grand Lake on a fine Indian summer day. Oh, my! Rocky Mountain National Park was lovely today, and A INSISTED on hiking by herself (thankyouverymuch) no matter the terrain or incline of the paths. What a little Leo. Oh, and she growls everywhere she goes too. Speaking of which, her speech pretty much consists of animal noises now and she relies on the yes/no head shake for everything else. Crappy sleep both nights of the trip sent dh to the couch (earplugs left at home, poor guy) and me with little sleep. So glad to be home and getting back in the routine. Let's hope, anyway.

Farmlife, I am such a free spirit, it took me awhile to embrace the idea and benefit of a routine. However, I concede that it benefits A soooooo much to have a sleep routine that now, come 11:00 am and 7:30 pm no matter if she's showing signs of being tired or not, she will fall asleep. I'm sorry you are struggling with this. Sticking to a routine has been really hard for me.

Chasmyn - good luck with the single mom thing. I admit that I do enjoy the few nights a week that dh works late and I can get the baby down without the distraction of papa time. He seems to excite A so much. However, I will say that I am glad that they are getting more and more attached. At the hot springs this weekend, A let dh hold her (well, they pretty much snuggled together in the hot springs pool) for about an hour. Wow! No baby on me for a whole hour. I really didn't know what to do with myself! Good thing L was there to make some demands on me!

I am sooooo ready for sleeping through the night, but A still gets genuinely hungry a couple times (at least) each night. Seems like every four or five hours. I'm trying some things to help her extend her sleeping time gently. The white noise (humidifier) at least lets us come into the room without her waking automatically and this week I'm getting a lambskin rug from a friend. Anyone else use one of those or have any tried and true tricks?

Newmama - It's nice to hear you're thinking of TTC. I read your whole TTC blog entry about Henry. Amazing. Just amazing. I was thinking today that IF we do try for another one, it will be in about a year.....wait, didn't I just say something about being ready to sleep through the night? :

#140 of 229 Old 09-20-2006, 06:02 AM

Hi August mamas!
I've been MIA a bit lately. Been sooo crazy busy with the non prof I volunteer for, etc. :
Cheyne is still not walking but very close I think!? (Can you tell I have mixed emotions about this? ) He stands alone for quite awhile drinking from a cup, like the cup is holding him up! LOL!

I missed a few pages, but just wanted to chime in and say happy fall time to you ladies. I hope to be on more soon, I miss you all. You are great women to chat with.

I don't know if any of you ever watch the TV show "Extreme Home Makeover". but if you do, I just wanted to note that this Sunday is a makeover of a home about 10 miles up the highway from me. It's funny, because Ty Pennington (the host of the show) calls North Pole, Alaska the ends of the earth! I don't feel like I live at the end of the earth! So, if anyone wants to see what my neck of the woods looks like, tune in this Sunday (I hope I don't sound like I'm promoting the show, or something. Sorry if I do. ) I'm just excited that my part of the country is being broadcasted. . . Alaska gets ignored a lot. . . especially my area.

I'll catch up with you all soon. ~~Andrya

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#141 of 229 Old 09-20-2006, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

farmlife - three teeth in one week?!? Aagh! ((hugs, hugs, hugs)) I'm glad you are going to be able to work less soon, though. Sending sleep vibes your way, mama.

Chasmyn, single mama for five days. WOW. Now, I was raised by a single mom, and I know it's hard, but when my dh went out of town for a week, I was freaking exhausted - it's so hard being the only one. Please do come here and let us know how it goes - I was humbled when dh left and I realized how much he actually does do (my occasional vents to the contrary... ).

NewMama - thanks for the excitement! I've read your blog about your conception, and I have to admit, I would be so excited for you if you decided to have a second one! So good.

Kate, I am absolutely drooling over thinking about that last fall hike - I love the Rockies, period, but fall was my favorite, favorite, favorite. Aspen, elk, and the fourteeners... (((((sigh))))) I miss that. I love northern Michigan - my family is all in MI/WI - but when we left Yellowstone, I just knew (and I know) that we will be back out that way someday. Dh applied for a job in RMNP a few years back but no luck. That & Yellowstone would be my dream parks to live in... I loved both of them.
Side note: some friends of ours still live there, and when we were there, they had a 1 year old son - when we sang "Old McDonald", he didn't know the cow sound (had never seen one), but he could actually imitate an elk bugling! It was priceless!!!! He would throw his head back and make the noise... Awesome!

Andrya - we'll try to tune in this weekend - I would love to see where you are. Dh lived in AK for awhile (~Bristol Bay area), and we have friends in Denali - I've always thought it would be a beautiful place to live!

Hmmm, what else? Life is good here. I actually feel like I'm entering the home stretch, and I'm nesting like crazy (everything in my storage room is in a neatly labeled rubbermaid container...our closets are organized by type of clothing...you get the picture). My back is so much better, thanks to the chiropractor (I'm a late convert, but a devoted one now), and we're all sleeping better at night now that Adam's molar popped through. I'm nearly 34w by ultrasound and nearly 36w by date, so who knows when this kidlet will come? I'm getting excited, though. I held a newborn last week, and it all just came rushing back. I can't wait to nurse again, and to wear a baby again. I'm very curious to see how Adam will do, and slightly concerned - he is with me 24/7, and very much attached, so I'm a little worried about him having "to wait" for his needs here and there while I'm taking care of the baby. We'll do the best we can, I know...and I just keep reminding myself that I'm not the first woman in the world to do it, right?

Have a great day, everyone. Love to all.

P.S. - Does anyone have an Arms Reach cosleeper? A just slept with us, but we have a "sleep number" bed now, and I'm a little wary of putting an infant on what is essentially an air mattress, so I'm considering one. Tips?

#142 of 229 Old 09-20-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmama View Post
Newmama - It's nice to hear you're thinking of TTC. I read your whole TTC blog entry about Henry. Amazing. Just amazing.
I can't believe you and hopefulfaith read that whole entry! Even my DH lost interest after a few paragraphs (of course, he lived it, but still).

#143 of 229 Old 09-20-2006, 01:42 PM

Hopefulfaith: 2 years ago - the year I got pregnant w/ds2, we were out in Yellowstone visiting my sil/bil. The sound of the elk bgeling is amazing! The morning that we left there were elk in all the front yards of the houses (Mammoth Hot Springs) just hanging out. There was a young bull with only one antler at one end of the road calling to the herd of females in the yards that were with an older bull. We got some pretty cool pics looking out of the windows.

I'm almost jealous of you getting a newborn so soon again. Baby lust has hit me *hard* and I just got af back last week, so now that I know my fertility is back dh and I are really trying hard to figure out if we want to tta or ttc or just "let it be." Ds2 was such a easy baby compared to ds1, but I'm always thinking, "what if we get another ds1?" Shouldn't we wait until the boys are a little older, just in case we do get another velcro baby? Have fun snuggling your newborn in just a wee bit!

Ds2 is standing for periods, using the walker we got him for his birthday (looks like it was a popular one in our ddc, August got one, I think Annabelle had one, ds2 has one)http://www.teachingplanet.com/pamaarwabyba.html
It's a great toy, ds2 loves to push it over to stuff to climb up on the two steps and ds1 loves to race around the house with it. He's been trying to convince ds2 to ride on it while he (ds1) pushes it, but I've managed to intervene so far.:

We're heading off for a road trip in a couple of weeks in our rv, so I'm trying to find time to plan, make campground reservations, make my packing lists, figure out what toys the boys will be happy with that won't drive dh and I nuts and they won't tire of for 2 weeks. Hopefully, I choose well.

Farmlife: So many teeth at once?! Poor little guy. Hopefully everything will settle down when you get to your new work schedule.

K's Mom: I'll try to watch - did you or your dp volunteer or visit the job site? Friends of my sister's had a house built for them by EHM this year. There was a tornado in their town and Amy (the mom) was paralyzed from the waist down as she protected her two boys from the house falling down on them. I watched the building progress on a website that they had and it was pretty amazing. Apparently Jared and Amy knew that they were contenders to be on EHM, but when Ty actually showed up, they were totally surprised! I think their show is on in November.

Chasmyn: Good luck during your 5 days. Dh used to travel a bit when ds1 was little and I tried to just do the essentials while he was gone. Or I'd go visit my parents. I'd put ds1 in the shower while I took one, we'd bathe together, I tried to slow down to his pace. It was still difficult, but we got through it. Good luck!

Well, another tome by me...time to go back to lurking! :
#144 of 229 Old 09-20-2006, 02:41 PM

So now that we have toddlers and the weather is getting cooler, what are you all doing for shoes? It gets wet and rainy here and I'm wondering if I ought to get him some hard-soled muck boots or rain boots. Or these. Thoughts?
#145 of 229 Old 09-20-2006, 08:03 PM

Damn, those are cute shoes. My friend has those for her kids and loves them. Emmett is wearing robeez only so far, but I have a few pairs lined up for later. I have some winter boots for him that were DS1's boots. We'll see how that goes.
My good friend just had her first baby and I am so proud. She got to the h ospital fully dilated at 3pm and pushed and pushed until 10:45 pm. Baby was posterior. I am so psyched- she is a trooper. I am also so psyched that the hospital never mentioned drugs or c section to her once. Maybe there is some hope. The baby is a little girl- I can't wait to see her.
I am also feeling baby lust lately. My DH and I have set up weekly date nights and I find myself hoping for conception sometimes. That freaks me out. Do I really want a third child? Don't know. We'll see what happens.

You all are so great. Thanks for being around.
#146 of 229 Old 09-20-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
So now that we have toddlers and the weather is getting cooler, what are you all doing for shoes? It gets wet and rainy here and I'm wondering if I ought to get him some hard-soled muck boots or rain boots. Or these. Thoughts?
I just bought Henry these: http://www.dandelionbaby.com/shop/ca...ategory_id=252

He loves them and is always showing them to people when we go places. They're not waterproof though. I'll definitely have to get him some snow boots soon. Argh!

#147 of 229 Old 09-21-2006, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama View Post
I just bought Henry these: http://www.dandelionbaby.com/shop/ca...ategory_id=252

He loves them and is always showing them to people when we go places. They're not waterproof though. I'll definitely have to get him some snow boots soon. Argh!
Those are adorable! But yeah, we really need waterproof.

Kiernen has no qualms about going out and playing in the rain or the wet, so his shoes at least need to keep the wet out. I guess I ought to look for a raincoat, too....
#148 of 229 Old 09-22-2006, 12:08 AM

Hi everyone, shoes, hmm, we're not there yet..but I was thinking bubs deserves some new booties or something to keep his feet warm when we have to go out. He's starting to ///....almost.../// crawl! He is getting up on his elbows and pulling himself along while hiking up on one knee and pushing forward. Nathanael's also beginning to eat more solids now. He looovvves bananas now and squash. I still have to add cereal to it to make it a consistency he'll actually eat.

We had our 1 year evaluation with Nathanael's social worker, OT, PT, Parent to Parent Developmental counselor and the EEE worker he'll get when he's 3. We reviewed our goals we had set a year ago and he's doing pretty good. He can't drink with a cup yet nor use silverware but he is really into imitating while playing. He isnt' saying anything other than dada or babadada bud a dada .. but hey, it's something!

He's also cutting his incisors of all things..Just in time for halloween!!!

He's such a blessing, always so happy and the total joy of my life.

I had a hard day today, our Parent to Parent worker took me to the food shelf for moral support. It was hard. I was homeless, in a battered women's shelter 6 years ago and relied heavily on food shelf and welfare and today made me feel like I was going back. I didn't realize how bad I felt until we were leaving..I felt like I would pass out. I just felt so awful to have gotten down to the point of needing to go to the food shelf. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just scared and hate feeling like I'm begging and worry for things to get worse..like loosing our home.. oh God I hope it doesn't get that far...

ugh enough about me... I guess I needed to vent..sorry!
#149 of 229 Old 09-22-2006, 04:55 AM

Reposted from my blog:

Quote:
When I finally finish the quilt I made for you when I was pregnant and I drape it on the sofa to present it to you, immediately fling yourself onto it and snuggle into it. When I lay it out on the floor, crookedy corners and all, so you can play with it or on it or whatever, walk over to it and proceed to dance in circles on the quilt, smiling and looking down at it. Then circle and circle, and when you lose your balance and fall over onto it, do a little downward dog onto it and look at the design some more. Then get up, spin in circles again and proceed to walk back and forth across the room over the quilt.

Look up and smile at me when I start taking photo after photo of you doing this. When I whip out the video camera to record the actual dance, continue the dance, then come over and look into the camera with a huge grin on your face.

And then, then! Get your little lawnmower, your favourite push toy, and roll it over and over the quilt, back and forth and back and forth. Do this very deliberately and with focus so I am clear just how much you are enjoying all of the things you can do with your new quilt.
One Mama heart, all melty and smooshy.

(I made a little slideshow minus the frontal exposure. Please let me know if it works - this is the first time I’ve tried this method.)

Here it is: http://slideroll.com/?s=7pxyr3bf
#150 of 229 Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 AM

Chasmyn: I LOVE your slideshow! The music is perfect to his little dance! And your blog entry made me cry - so beautiful!

Ds's are busy scarfing down the apple-cinnamon pancakes I made this morning. Ds2 loves to try and eat anything and everything that ds1 is. Luckily, he eats a few vegetables even though big brother won't touch them.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! We have a harvest party tomorrow and Sunday is stay at home and catch up day - cleaning and such.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page