June05 Babies Welcome Fall!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 122 Old 09-08-2006, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok....so ya'll want to hear prom stories......

first off, my prom was the weekend after the Columbine shooting. i lived in a huge city so the whole thing was a lock down bust with a crappy dj and cops everywhere. it was the before and after part that were fun : i was a big hippie party kid so you can only imagine what went on. if you truely want details i'll share...i don't think you can get arrested for things you did 7 years ago...right?

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#62 of 122 Old 09-08-2006, 05:38 PM

hey everybody. I'm back and incredibly well-rested. What a great vacation!

So..prom stories. Here it's called "safe-grad". I went with Neil Orr (funny cause my dad's name's Neil, so everyone in my family called him "Neil Orr Neil"), who I was dating at the time. The party lasts all night long and then parents who volunteer make sure everyone gets home safely. All I can remember was my best friend got alcohol poisoning and this guy gave me his orange juice at the end of the night but I thought it was chocolate milk, so spit it everywhere when it tasted funny. The next day, my graduating class went camping and I slept with Neil for the first time. I described it later as being as exciting as banging a spoon on a table over and over again. The relationship didn't last very long. Last I heard, Neil is a coke addict. I guess not what you'd describe as "the one that got away".

So, who's pregnant now? Kathleen? Did I read that right? That's awesome. Many of my friends irl are getting knocked up too!! I'm supposed to go on a prego-with-baby walk this afternoon. Maybe we'll stop at the park and have pregnant races.
#63 of 122 Old 09-08-2006, 05:54 PM

lol at the prom stories, and pooor emmy. take some benadryl.
#64 of 122 Old 09-08-2006, 11:15 PM

OMG my TV blew up! It was SMOKING!! Seriously Justin is SOOOO happy he has always wanted it to die so he could get something else. It was the one I had coming into the marriage so of course its not as cool!

So Prom huh. Honestly I never went to my schools prom! I did go to a boyfriend I hads Snowball. He brought me flowers and we didn't have to get all gussied up just look nice and I danced with him a few times. I thought he was nice but maybe to nice so we broke up shortly after.

Poor Noley had hand foot mouth last week and then this week Ali is sick! I have been pumping them full of immune boosting herbs. Lets hope they help!

Molars huh. I ought to check Nolan for that..............He has a lot of teeth and a lot of talking and some climbing but hmmmm I don't know about molars.......

Well have to go We are going to enter Noley into the baby contest at the fair tomorrow
#65 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 02:54 AM

Hi Guys!!! I don't have time to really catch up with you guys! But I hope to later! I can't believe our guys turned 1! Before we know it they will be 2! K is starting to talk a whole lot more and slowly but surely learning he can fight back with his older brother! He is starting to try to run!! He climbs and gets into everything!!! He is always by his brothers side and has to do everything Caden does! LOL Finally he is on some sort of a schedule! LOL
#66 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 03:33 AM

Haha, I went to three proms. Sophomore year, my senior friend Sam took me. I wore my stepmom's navy blue velvet dress, and she dressed to match me. I hardly knew anyone but we had a blast. Some of my buds were trying to melt the ice sculpture. Then my Junior year, I had this beautiful dress and went with my best friend Nichole. A guy I just adored had asked me to go with him, then backed down and stopped calling. Moreover a rumor had been spread that I had done something with him... My friend asked why he didn't come with me, and he told her "Because I knew she wouldn't sleep with me afterwards." I was furious, so after the dance, I was waiting outside with a cold glass of sprite which I doused him with. I said "Now tell people I sucked your..." The principal was standing right there with this shocked look and just said nothing. We went on a boat cruise afterwards and danced for a few more hours. The guy didn't look like he was having any fun. Then my Senior year I took a Navy guy I was dating, who flirted with most of my girlfriends the entire time and did not pay for dinner. We went to the beach afterwards, and as we walked on the pier, he suddenly grabbed me and attached himself onto my neck sucking like a hoover vacuum. I was in so much pain that I couldn't speak and kind of crinkled onto the floor. A few minutes later my best friend, current husband, and his current GF showed up, and I got away...but I had this HUGE hicky. Needless to say he was dumped shortly thereafter, and a few months later I began dating my husband.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#67 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 01:17 PM

anne...do spill.

emmy..are you still alive??

and where is everyone?? I have a rotten head cold!
#68 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 03:26 PM

prom- ooh what a waste of money. i went with my ex-boyfriend who was cute and nice and it was fun, but quite expensive.

welcome heather!

bama- i hope they can figure everything out soon.

angel- ooooooooh someone has baby fever!!!!

anywho, i've been busy busy with school all week and haven't even had a chance to read. the classes i'm taking are nice, luis is adjusting well to daycare (no tears on his or my part!). i'm sick-ish right now and just home relaxing, my parents took the baby out to visit my family.

raising my two sunshine children.

#69 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabellee
ok....so ya'll want to hear prom stories......

if you truely want details i'll share...i don't think you can get arrested for things you did 7 years ago...right?
Why did you even ask? Of course we want to know! How else can we live vicariously off other people's life's highlights!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#70 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 10:04 PM

Hey guys!
Danny has this new thing where he barks like a dog -- it sounds like a really gravelly "raa raa raa." Cute!
I'm off to a new church tomorrow for a visit. We'll see. It's downtown so is pretty big and has a diverse population (a big plus in my book). The downside is that the children aren't in the service at all, which I don't really like. My plan now is to go to the regular church every other week, and church-shop the other weeks.
Prom -- didn't go. Poor me! I couldn't get a date and we were very traditional, no going with a girlfriend or whatever. My first husband claimed that it was because I was like the Ione Skye character in ... what was that movie with John Cusack? Say Anything? Anyway, so beautiful and smart that I intimidated all the boys. Maybe
Mamita, glad to hear that you and Luis are adjusting so nicely!
#71 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 PM

Briefly stopping in to say hi, we're moved out and our house is up for sale finally! Yeah. What a crazy big pile of work that was!

I'll be back to catch up soon, miss you ladies
#72 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

hahaha....ya'll are going to think i'm nuts...

well, dh (at the time my bf) was already living here in IL so i went with my best friend. he picked me up after i got out of work and i had about 10 minutes to get ready. my dress was this horrid light pink color and i hated it but it was the only one that would zip up over by boobs we went out to the lake and got super stoned then went to our fav chinese place. after that we sat in the parking lot drinking a fifth of peach schnapps. we went in and the prom sucked so we didn't stay that long. afterwards we went to a huge party where we smoked some more and drank some more and finally passed out in the wee hours of the morning. i don't recall how much or what exactly i injested that night but i am thankful to still have any brain cells left after highschool :

here's a pic
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4.../t32172837.jpg

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#73 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 11:17 PM

Oh, and you can see our place by going to johnlscott.com and typing in our mls# 26149508

Bye!
#74 of 122 Old 09-09-2006, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

glad you're doing ok grace! we miss you!
wow grace! your house looks beautiful! you guys did an awesome job fixing it up. questions for you west cost ladies: are all houses so expensive out there? geez! our house is 2000 sq. ft. and we only paid a fraction of what the houses out there are going for. a house the size of your's grace, would probably go for about 75,000 where i live. although the midwest is a rather poor area but i'm still always amazed at how different the cost of living is in different places.

#75 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 12:53 AM

Anne, we bought ours for $198 4 years ago, prices here have nearly doubled since then.: : :

Cool to make the money, but buying again sucks.

Thanks for the compliment!
#76 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 09:51 AM

Anne -- great hair! Looks like you all had a good time

Grace, your house is adorable -- I can tell you all have been really busy! Gives me the boost I need to get working on our own house; I figure it's nice to actually enjoy all those upgrades for awhile before moving, kwim?

I'm surprised by the cost, too -- wow, the coasts are expensive. We bought our colonial in NJ 15 years ago for $135,00, sold it four years ago for $235,00, and now my neighbor is selling hers for $369,000! I dont know how anyone can afford to get into that game. Your house around here would cost about $100,000. Where are you moving?
#77 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meli65
I'm surprised by the cost, too -- wow, the coasts are expensive. We bought our colonial in NJ 15 years ago for $135,00, sold it four years ago for $235,00, and now my neighbor is selling hers for $369,000! I dont know how anyone can afford to get into that game. Your house around here would cost about $100,000. Where are you moving?
I would kill for that price....around here, we're looking at a half mil just to get into a decent house. The absolute cheapest you can find around here is about $350, and it'd be under 1000 square foot and need a LOT of work, which we wouldn't be able to afford to do. Frustrating.
#78 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 01:04 PM

Good God Almighty. For $150,000, we could buy a 3 level, 5 bedroom, 3 bath home with a fenced yard and 2 car garage in my hometown.

Here, it would probably be closer to $200,000.

We could probably shuck out $120,000 and get a big old farmhouse and fix it up.

Emmy, I cant imagine.
#79 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom
Good God Almighty. For $150,000, we could buy a 3 level, 5 bedroom, 3 bath home with a fenced yard and 2 car garage in my hometown.

Here, it would probably be closer to $200,000.

We could probably shuck out $120,000 and get a big old farmhouse and fix it up.

Emmy, I cant imagine.
Yep, it's terrible. We pay $1400 month in rent, and that's a bargain. We're just crossing our fingers that the market does what it's projected to do, and all those baby boomers, and interest-only loans that are coming up will help. But still, we're five years out, even just to provide a downpayment (10% down on $500k is still a buttload of $!).

The cheapest house for sale in our town right now (I just looked it up) is $469,000...a non-descript 1 level ranch, 2 bedrooms, 1,074 square foot, .16 acres (postage stamp). You can go west of boston and find $200k houses, but then we are commuting two hours each way from work which makes it not worth it (not to mention wretched schools). It's too bad we love this damned state so much in every other way.

This was recently posted on craigslist in boston, and won a spot on their "best of"...very succinctly sums up the woes of Boston middle class. Also, on a serious note, the state is trying to figure out what to do about this because all their young professional couples/families are leaving the state in droves because of the outrageous housing market...it is beat out only by NYC and San Francisco.

Enjoy
Has anyone been in the rental market lately? It has pushed me into insanity...

Have any of you ever been in such a bad mood that when people ask you what’s wrong it just makes you even worse. Then then try to cheer you up and it makes you so mad that you want to kill puppies. Anything short of them pulling down their pants and farting the star spangled banner or seeing a clown get hit by a garbage truck wouldn’t get you in a good mood. That’s how I feel all the time. My co-workers won’t talk to me anymore, they started to wear bullet proof vests in anticipation of me coming in with an assault rifle. All I did for the past two months is work, search Craigslists for apartments, look at apartments, talk to real estate agents about apartments and obsess about apartments. I actually had dreams about apartments. One was that I found a place that no one knew about and as I walked around I kept finding new rooms and hidden staircases and that it was right across the street from a public pool, a playground and a Daycare center. I am going crazy. I don’t like the word apartment anymore. They should call apartments **** you. “So are you looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom ***-you? That particular ***-you is not de-leaded, sorry.”

Maybe some of you can relate on how much the cost of living sucks around here. I just got kicked out of my apartment because the landlord sold the place. I moved in a little over a year ago when I got kicked out of my previous apartment because that landlord wanted to turn it into a condo. I have lived in Boston for about 6 years and have had to move 5 ****ing times all on the landlords behalf. I also have a 3 year old which means I can’t rent a place unless it’s “de-leaded” which basically means 90% of the apartments on the market are unavailable to me. It’s just ridiculous. This is why all of the young professionals are moving out of Boston. You either have to be a dirt poor loser or filthy rich.

Maybe I’m Jaded. I know I am definitely a grumpy bastard these days. I just found another place and I don’t even know the new landlord but based on my previous experience I want to punch him in the face. On top of being kicked out I had to hand over $650 to a rental agent just because the guy walked me through the front door and ran my credit. I wanted to kick every real estate agent in the crotch (man or woman I don’t discriminate). I pretty much hate every homeowner in Boston just out of the sheer envy that I can’t afford my own place. When the overpriced bubble finally pops around here and all those ****ing real estate hungry, over-charging, blood sucking ****ing bastard slum lords start losing their shirts I’ll be so happy. You’ll be able to spot me. I’ll be the guy running around wrapped in eviction notices pissing off of rooftops and hurling feces at all of the foreclosure homes. I was actually foolish enough to consider buying property so I wouldn’t be at the mercy of landlords anymore. I’m 31, I have a nearly perfect credit score and make a decent living. The only thing I could afford was a condo in Dorchester, Roxbury, Lawrence or Lynn. Hmmmm, a $280,000 interest only loan for a glorified apartment in some of the worst school systems in the country and where Target offers Handgun Buyback programs. SIGN ME UP!!!! I can’t wait for the day when my daughter comes home wearing hoop earrings and her boyfriends only goal in life is getting 20” Dubs for his pimped out Honda Civic.

What really burns me is that if I was a total dredge of society I could live for free or on the cheap. Katrina victims are living better than I am! I would love for a flood to take out half of Boston. Most of my furniture looks like it came from a garage sale anyway. You’d see me hanging loose in my brand new trailer, playing my free play station and getting $300 lap dances while sipping on some champagne all compliments of the federal government. Did any of you see the stories on how over 3 billion dollars of FEMA aid was given to inmates, spent in strip clubs and blown on entertainment. Where is the support for people like myself. I don’t come from money, I put myself through college, I pay my taxes and contribute to society and some ****ing baby machine tweaker is spitting out future welfare cases while cooking up a new batch of crystal meth in their section 8 housing and selling food stamps for Milwaukee's Best. Or I have to compete with some trust-fund baby whose parents don’t give a sh*t what the rent is and have driven up the market all over the city . I have to shell out $1,400 a month and have references from the Dali Lama so some spoiled bastard going to Tufts can sit around drinking wine, listening to Radio head and banging college girls. Where is the justice. I have been paying over $1,200 a month for years, never missed a rent payment and got kicked out on my ass over and over again. Each time having to shell out an absurd amount of money for first, last, security, moving expenses and anal lubrication.

For any of you just entering into the rental market and can’t spend $2,000 a month please feel free to use my translation guide below:

Cozy = Small
Quaint = Busted
Conveniently Located = On a busy main road tucked in between a halfway house and a bus terminal
Charming = Small & has not been remodeled since the civil war
Has Character = Slightly overpriced and has a bathtub in the Kitchen
Great View = It’s on the third floor and you can’t move anything bigger than a folding chair up the stairs
High Ceilings = Old and the wallpaper looks like a fat girl after Liposuction
When the agent says “one small thing” = There is a old lady on the first floor with 15 small yappy dogs who bite, hump legs and have mange
Pool & Gym = crappy apartment complex and they will raise your rent after the first year
Convenient Non Permit Street Parking = HA! Good luck dipshit
Conveniently Located near a laundry mat = no washer/dryer or hookups
Convenient (Agents love this word) = Not Convenient
Affordable!!! = Wall to wall stained pink carpeted, wood paneled piece of sh*t!
Garden Level = Basement with tiny windows and you better be an Oompa-Loompa
Great Deal!!! = The landlord is a crack head, a pedophile or both
Anything with *** = ***Don’t Bother***

Thanks for reading folks, if I have helped one person it was worth it.
#80 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 04:00 PM

Whew Emmy that's nuts... we have a three bed, two bath house that is nice... not super nice but nice, has a great yard, in a quiet neighborhood and our rent is 700 a month.

Of course, we ARE surrounded by rednecks.

Prom... I went with my steady boyfriend three times, as jrs and srs both went to prom at my school, and he was a year older than me. I LOVED shoppping for the dress, having my hair done, wearing the dress and shoes and everything... the prom itself was fun too. I was a very straightlaced kid so no wild party stories here. My jr year I was in a big fight with all my friends so that sucked, and I had to be Mistress of Ceremonies at the last minute as the class president was late! However my dress was gorgeous. : I looked best that time. And my Sr year I was getting along with everyone and we went out to dinner beforehand, so that was nice and all.

Soooo.... HALLOWEEN! Anybody else have costumes in mind for their little one yet? Elaina is either going to be a fairy or Yoda - I got all the stuff to make a costume, but she already has a very Jedi-esque dress and I could crochet up some Yoda ears - so I'm gonna see which bothers her more, ears or wings, and whichever it is, that's what she'll be.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well!
#81 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 04:14 PM

Fey, Cully is going to be a punk. His hair grows all screwy as it is, so he has this fauxhawk thing going anyway, so i'm going to egg-white it straight up and kool-aid dye it blue. We've got some red plaid pants and cool t-shirts and a leather jacket that we can do something up with and finish the outfit

Sammy is undecided between a Secret Agent, a Ninja, and a Cow.
#82 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

: : emmy! goodness, i don't know how ya'll can afford to live out there. before we bought our house we had a 3/4bed 3bath apt for only 450$ a month. our house is 2000 and some odd feet and we only paid 68k for it. however...it was a total diaster and we refinished everything. it hadn't been updated since 1970. think icky shag wall to wall carpet...even in the bathroom: infact, our 1st floor bath had 2 LAYERS of carpet. how nasty is that? like bama said, for the prices you'd pay for a tiny house, i'd be living in a mansion on 15 acres. but then again, the cost of living here is very low as are wages. dh is only earning barely half of what he would if we lived in a major city. what's also sad is that he's in the upper bracket of the payscale for this town. a little over a third of our town lives below the poverty line. it's so sad. i think the number for the county is even higher. there are very few middle class families here. most people are either dirt poor or have money falling out of their ears.

halloween...not sure. dh wants to take ds trick-or-treating:

#83 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 05:21 PM

think of it too...the wages people are paid are way higher there.

when i went off to college up north, i was making 7 bucks an hour as a cashier!!! i thought i was rich!!

then i realized milk was $$ a gallon. oh well

it was always minimum wage in Alabama.
#84 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 05:41 PM

Quote:
think of it too...the wages people are paid are way higher there.
not really, and that's the problem - there is no "living wage" in massachusetts, so the reason young professionals are leaving the state so fast is because they *aren't* getting sufficiently higher wages to support the cost of living.
#85 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 05:56 PM

oy poor emmy. i dont envy you a bit. and once you said alex was paying tolls to go to work every day. bleh. cost of living is ugh up there.
#86 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 06:16 PM

Hi ladies, I hope you're all doing well. We just got back from camping and it is definitely fall now. So, that got me thinking...what are your June toddlers going to be for Halloween?

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#87 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 07:34 PM

Loved the pictures of the house! Housing prices have jumped here too. We have 2000 sq feet (and another 2000 if we finished the basement), 3 bedroom, 2 bath, and paid $250 4 years ago. Now it would sell for over $300k. We'd like to build again, but the lot prices are crazy. Last time it was $45k for our lot, now they are closer to $100. We're happy where we are at for that price. I find it interesting to compare house prices when watching different home shows on TLC and such.

I'm not sure what Claire will be. We've just started thinking about it. Maddie wants to be Cleopatra.

I'm going to lay down for a bit before Claire wakes up. Feeling pukey. Jeff ran a 1/2 marathon this morning and now is out several hs buds as one of them came to town to ride it too.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday when the u/s will say what my due date is. Jeff's curious to see if he gets twins.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#88 of 122 Old 09-10-2006, 09:14 PM

The prices of houses in our area keep coming down because the market isn't moving. Luckily we found our house, 5 bedroom, 2 baths, living room, family room for 165K a year ago. We bought it from a man who was divorce and was just trying to get rid of it. He didn't even owe half on it though.

I'm not sure what Ashlyn is going to be. Kailey is probably going to be Cinderella, and Ayden hasn't mentioned anything yet.

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#89 of 122 Old 09-11-2006, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

i liked watching TLC and HGTV to see the different homes. it's just so amazing how the prices vary across the nation. i've definitely been spoiled by the cheap market here in the midwest.

#90 of 122 Old 09-11-2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
oy poor emmy. i dont envy you a bit. and once you said alex was paying tolls to go to work every day. bleh. cost of living is ugh up there.
not anymore, his job he's been at for a while now is on another highway. No turnpike tolls anymore!

But no need to feel sorry for me, we are the dumbasses that choose to live here
As much as the $$ sucks, we can't imagine living anywhere else, honestly.
You take the good, you take the bad!

Ooooh, I scored a jogging stroller at a garage sale Saturday for $20! I'm psyched. I have about 10 lbs to lose still, and while it's not much, I know *ME* going into the holiday season, and I like to have my 10 lbs of leeway for that! I love to eat, especially decadant autumn foods. Yum.
So, Cully & I are going for a run. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page