June05 Babies Welcome Fall!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2006, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new thread...come on Bonnie, you can join us again

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2006, 04:13 PM

bonnie is buried under spackle and sheetrock..she cant move!

i'm on board, but we're leaving early in the am for our vacation.

I wont be on much until next week .

I will post an update for his tests after we get home.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

have fun bama!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Old 09-01-2006, 10:36 PM

i wo uldnt exactly say fun.....maybe...tolerable? nice gifts for dd?? but not fun , persay
Old 09-01-2006, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

are you going to see your family or dh's?

Old 09-02-2006, 01:45 AM

Hi Mamas.

Just checking in...been busy at work (I work in a school, and classes are started very soon).

Kat's well...the daycare thought she had the chicken pox...nope, she didn't.
She's now a whopping 18 lbs 14 oz...and one of these days, we'll actually be able to face her seat forward

I wanted to pick up a hobby while sitting on the train to work...I'm trying to decide between learning how to knit or learning how to crochet.

Saw a guy on the subway slinging his baby - totally cool to see

I've been thinking of taking Kat to a farm to see animals, and for her to pick a pumpkin, and for me to buy some really fresh vegetables, fruits and homemade jam. Anyone take their little one to somplace similar? Are they old enough to enjoy it?

Night Night, mamas!

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
Old 09-02-2006, 01:02 PM

Kat's mommy: none of my kids were ever forward facing until at least 15 months. We still haven't flipped Claire, though I'm thinking she must be getting nearer to the 20 pound mark. I have an appointment on Wed and if there's time, I'm going to weigh her there.
I'm sure you will find some opinions on crochet vs knitting. There's a number of crafty June mommies here. (I'm not one of them.)
We've taken the girls to the apple orchard/pumpkin patch every year. More just for me to take pictures. I know Claire really enjoyed the fair a few weeks ago when she could see some chicks and ducklings up close. She liked touching them at Eastertime. Go and know that it might not last long, but it is so good to get out in the fresh air.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-02-2006, 02:38 PM

from the last thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa
mcs: hope you and hilger have fun breaking in the new place. Aren't you suppose to try out every room????
: now we know what this pregnant lady has on her mind

i'm around. i was super busy taking a Spanish placement test and then doing other school related things.

Kat's mommy- we took Luis to the fair and he loved seeing all the animals and petting them.
and 1 year + 20 lbs is just a guideline and it's safest to keep them RF as long as possible. we're doing RF until he outgrows the seat (he's way over 20 lbs, I think the seat goes to 35 RF), because he doesn't mind it at all, he doesn't get motion sick or anything.
and i would pick Crocheting because i think it's easier and the needles are smaller. i don't do either, but i learned to crochet as a kid.

raising my two sunshine children.

Old 09-02-2006, 03:58 PM

Crocheting is just one hook, not a needle Less to keep track of! I taught myself how to crochet a few years back and really enjoyed it, just dont have time for it now. There are lots of helpful websites out there. I tried to teach myself to knit too but it didnt work out. :

Hope everyones trips and moves and everything else are going well... Im back to working on the baby book now; my apostrophe key keeps taking me to the bottom of the page and its driving me bonkers. Ive got seventy five pages so far - pregnancy, birth, and things i wrote each month with accompanying pictures - now im starting on typical baby book things like teeth and first food and milestones and family tree and all that. Fun!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

i got fluff mail today!!!! oh yes...i am a dork. but who can resist new fuzzi bunz? they're so soft!

Old 09-02-2006, 09:00 PM

Hehe Anne I got my swaddlebees yesterday and I loooove them, the velour is so cuddly. Dh doesnt get it. He says, theyre diapers. Which I guess hes right but you know what I mean... ugh apostrophe still not working as you can tell.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

: dh thought i was nuts too snuggeling the new diper. they don't stay soft forever though!

Old 09-03-2006, 07:01 AM

Matty stayed rear facing untill 4 years old our seat goes RF untill 25 kg, so even tho Louis is 12.5 kg ! he can use it a while longer. my problem is the belts, no matter how hard i pull them he can squiggle and take his arms out sometimes....so matty sits next to him and says NO louis, and he listens to her!

I miss CD i wonder if i should start selling my stash now.?

This is my childfree weekend, sunday morning and still alive, I actually meet up with them yesterday and went swimmiing, we all had fun.

where is everyone!
Old 09-03-2006, 10:02 AM

fey: sorry about the apostrophe. no help here. Not a computer guru. All I know is to reboot. I hate doing that.

It's a gorgeous sunrise out this morning. I love sunrises.

For some reason both Maddie and Ellysia are up this morning. Why are the up so early? Oh yea, it's Sunday and we have nothing better to do, but sleep in. Next Sunday we'll start back to church.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday when we have this babe's first appointment!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

15 week belly shot:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4..._lee/lb15w.jpg

hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend!

Old 09-04-2006, 12:18 AM

Anne - what a great pic!

Happy Holiday weekend everyone

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
Old 09-04-2006, 12:24 AM

Hi everyone!

We're back. I just skimmed through all the posts and saw that Kathleen is pg, congratulations!

I've been on the computer way too long catching up so I've got to go ... we had a good time but I'm glad to be in the Midwest after all. I was really sorry not to hook up with Sharon Anne and the whole trip was a little quirky ... most notably the people we stayed with in PA were not expecting us until the following weekend! I totally dropped the ball the week before we left in terms of confirming with everyone.

In good news we managed to dtd on days 12 and 14 of my cycle so at least we are in the ballpark there We'll see what's what in a couple weeks!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:44 AM

Hi, can I join in? My dd Ashlyn Paige was born on June 11, 2005 at 2:13pm. She was due on June 16th. She was 8lbs 10oz and 20 3/4" long. She was delivered naturally at a hospital, a great hospital that supports natural labors.

She's currently walking all over the place, she cutting molars although she only has 8 front teeth (4 on top, 4 on bottom). She had her first cider mill donut last week and loved it! Now I just need to figure out what she's going to be for Halloween!

I look forward meeting you!

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

Old 09-04-2006, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Kristina!

in efforts to fund my fluff habit and the need for new maternity clothes i've got my old stuff up on ebay if anyone's curious i still can't believe that i need *smaller* maternity clothes.

good luck Meli!!! we'll be waiting to see if you're next!

Old 09-04-2006, 09:38 AM

welcome Kristina! i'm from MI too, Ann Arbor area.

melissa- good to know you are back home safe! (and possibly knocked up )

anne- 15 weeks already! it can't be! slooooooow down.

ok today is Luis's first practice day at daycare. (they are open on Labor Day, can you believe it?) he had to spend 5 hours with my neighbor who is a wonderful mama on Friday while i took a test on campus, which surprisingly worked out well because i didn't have much time to acclimate him to the situation.

raising my two sunshine children.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:50 AM

Welcome Kristina! I lived in Michigan, in a town called Brighton, from about age 4-8yrs and going to the cider mill and having doughnuts is a really happy memory for me.

Elaina just cut her first molar too - her seventh tooth.

Anne, looking great!

la mamita - good luck with the daycare, and with school!

Thinking pg thoughts for you Meli - sorry the trip was a little off!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzypeach
Welcome Kristina! I lived in Michigan, in a town called Brighton, from about age 4-8yrs and going to the cider mill and having doughnuts is a really happy memory for me.

Elaina just cut her first molar too - her seventh tooth.

Anne, looking great!

la mamita - good luck with the daycare, and with school!

Thinking pg thoughts for you Meli - sorry the trip was a little off!
Brighton is definitely not a small town anymore! lol We love going to the cider mill.

Thanks for the welcomes!!

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

Old 09-04-2006, 09:46 PM

Kristina - Welcome!

la Mamita - Good Luck with daycare! Let me know how Luis takes to it.

Fuzzy Peach - how big is the molar? Kat is teething a molar too, and the bump feels HUGE! It's taking forever to break through the gums.

Melissa - any news?

Back to work tomorrow...argh!

Old 09-04-2006, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

ds won't stop screaming. not as in crying but as in screaming. at the top of his lungs. for no real apparent reason. i'm sick. i have a fever, and dh is at work.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

...and speaking of doughnuts. i can't wait til October when my mom brings me some cidermills from Robinettes in Grand Rapids

Old 09-04-2006, 10:25 PM

Molars are horrible to deal with! Ashlyn is cutting her top ones now.

Are there alot of Michiganders here with June babes?

Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 PM

back from vaca...now to do laundry and prepare myself for the hospital!

back later maybe
Old 09-04-2006, 10:32 PM

Anne -

Old 09-04-2006, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

there are quite a few either from or currently living in MI. dh and i both moved from GR to IL for school and since the economy has crashed and GM has layed off so many people it's been impossible for him to find a job up there for us to move back. all our family lives in GR though and we go "home" twice a year.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:57 PM

Welcome Kristina! Claire was born on June 11, too. She has 6 teeth, loves watermelon, and will take some steps if she doesn't think you are watching. She learned the word "turtle" today. We were at the zoo watching these huge tortises (mate and grunt, wow were they loud!). Her little hand fit right through the fence and she was patting the head of one of the smaller (and non-mating) tortises. She was quick to get in there! You just blink and she gets into things! After that, all I heard was "turtle, turtle, turtle!) She loved it.

Must give the other two baths. I hope I have every thing ready for us to go back to school and work tomorrow.

User Tag List