Chilly Weather for June 05 Babies!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-11-2006, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
famous-we had ds evaluated and the social worker said he was right on track with only knowing how to say 4 words. i thought he should be able to say more but it's really how much they can understand that's important.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post
emmy- i heard today on the radio that tower records has gone bankrupt. made me think of you. sad thing.
Yes, indeed. They've actually gone bankrupt twice, the first time was right after I left the company (i was there 7 years, left as the regional marketing director). They were up for auction, and everyone assumed Transwold (FYE/Strawberries/Sam Goody) would buy them. Industry breaking news emails were even reporting that Transworld had won the bidding, but it wasn't true - a liquidator won, by $500k. Going out of business sales are already in progress, 2700 people are out of jobs, and with the outstanding debt they owe to labels and distibutors, their demise will cause ripples through the entire music industry. Some small niche labels won't survive this.

It's very sad...I could go on for pages about how mismanaged they were, but it's still a sad day for the music industry. My sister went over to our old store and handed out applications to a few folks we know, and our warehouse manager is going to have a job fair of sorts there as well. Lots of old friends are pretty screwed right now (though the writing has been on the wall for years now, really).
Old 10-11-2006, 08:02 PM

where is everybody? are we all freezing somewhere? i know it's cold here. it's supposed to get down to 29 tonight. yikes. that's cold for this area at this time of year.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Old 10-11-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post

so, on our winter coat hunt- i waited too long for the llbean sale and now all of the toddler coats are gone.

mcs
The blessings of having all girls. Claire and Ellysia have coats. I bought Maddie a coat at the local outdoor shop. She needed one that has some insulation to it. The others are fine for when we just run outside for a bit to play, but she has recess now and I don't want her to get cold with that.

Our high today was 39! On the good side it is going to be a hard freeze tonight - yea for getting rid of pollen! I saw little snow flurries as a drove to a meeting over lunch. We're not suppose to get much, but I saw that Maddie had her snowpants and boots all laid out for tomorrow.

My sister found Maddie's boots for $20 at the local farm supply store. She swears they wear well (She's a teacher and has to put up with kids and cold wet feet.)

I am crabby, crabby, crabby tonight!!!!!! Can I say how much I hate on-line shopping! I just can't find the right fit. I bought 2 shirts ($80ish and $60ish) from Japanese Weekend. The red one has too tight of an empire waist. Not going to work. Love the color. The blue/green one shows too much cleavage. I don't think that it will pass the DH test. It didn't look that scooped of a neckline from the picture!! AAARRGGGHHH!!!! I was thinking it was a about time to get into maternity clothes for work (I've been wearing maternity jeans around the house for awhile) because DH says I look like I'm in pregnancy denial. The last straw was that I couldn't button my winter coat this morning. So I was ready to start wearing the clothes, but now I have 2 shirts less for the rotation!!!!! Here's the best part: the cleaning lady threw away the packing box with the shipping information.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:29 AM

Mclisa, I have a Maddie too. She's actually Madeline.

A little personal, but has anyone not gotten AF back yet besides me?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousmockngbrd View Post

famous, that's not personal on our threads..

personal is saying " OH MY GOD I CANT FEEL MY IUD STRINGS!!!"

and the rest of us saying..."Go shake the sheets girl!"

Sadly, I have had AF since 11 weeks pp. I hate my body:
Old 10-12-2006, 01:10 AM

I got AF back when DS was 4 months, but he didn't night nurse like DD does.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
famous, that's not personal on our threads..

personal is saying " OH MY GOD I CANT FEEL MY IUD STRINGS!!!"

and the rest of us saying..."Go shake the sheets girl!"

Sadly, I have had AF since 11 weeks pp. I hate my body:

: :

Hey, I found them when all was said and done!!

No AF here, but I do have the Mirena, so not sure if that has anything to do with it. We are still nursing ferociously at night.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 AM

Not only do many of us have AF back, but some of us (them, not me ) are pregnant again!

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been typing much. Hard with work. But I try to keep up with all of you.

Did I tell you guys I've gone veggie?! I feel great! Going out to eat is a bit of a challenge, though. Yesterday was my birthday and DH took me to Olive Garden for dinner. There were like, three things on the menu that didn't have meat in them. I got cheese ravioli, ate one and brought the rest home for the dog. They were super salty.

Joey ALMOST slept through the night last night! We're getting closer! We've got her crib mattress on the floor next to our mattress. I nursed her and then cuddled her to sleep on our bed, got up to put on my PJ's and whatnot, moved her to her mattress, covered her up nice and warm and she slept till almost 4am! I figured that part of the problem is she gets cold on her mattress by herself, so I double blanketed her and it seemed to work. Or maybe she was just exhausted. :

I sent some pictures out to the yahoo group of when my best friend and her son were visiting, but Davina told me you needed an account to view them. I'll change that setting and resend the link later.

Joey's picking up signs like mad. She can sign for eat, drink, milk, apple, sleep, baby, more, bath, please.....there are more, I can't think of them right now.

She's also doing pretty good in the talking department. She can tell you the sound that about half a dozen different animals make (My favorite is duck..."KACK!" : ) And she has quite suddenly decided that her Daddy is her favorite person. Which is just fine with me, because it means she's just fine and dandy playing with him while I make dinner or do laundry or whatever.

Yesterday morning, Paul said to her, "Did you give mommy a hug and kiss for her birthday?" She shook her head no! So he put her down on the floor, and she RAN across the kitchen, tripped, fell, got up and finished RUNNING to me, JUMPED in my arms and hugged me with her arms and legs! Moments like that make my heart smile.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I have AF back now, think this is my 3rd or 4th. So, it was over a year. But she still nurses a bunch at night, too.

I am so ready for more sleep. I will work on nightweaning once she's over being sick and teething.

Sha ~ That is so sweet. : Gwen does this thing where she'll reach out (when I'm holding her) and wrap her arms around my neck and kiss me. Its so sweet, and cracks me up b/c her arms are short so our faces are touching.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousmockngbrd View Post

I only got one af...

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:16 PM

When I get Claire up in the morning I rub her back as I pick her up. Now as I carry her, she reaches around and pats my back.

My kids are all verbal. They don't walk until after 15m. Maddie was 18 months. Claire can say "good night", "love you", "go find Daddy", and probably 25 other words. She loves to quack and now can growl.

and famous mb: nothing is too personal with this group.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Ds doesnt have that many words...he can say "HAWT" for hot

Dada Mama Baba(bottle?)

and he doesnt kiss yet..he does try to blow kisses tho..
Old 10-12-2006, 01:38 PM
mcs

sharron anne! so good to see you are alive! so cute about the hugs (and from claire too.) i think this age is really fun. eisa is suprising me everyday with what she understands. the other day i called her a monkey and she ran to the fridge and pointed to her monkey magnent.

bama- your little southern boy! i heard some kids playing on the play ground here saying "pauwly, pauuwly, why don't 'cha play wit' us?" in a perfect new york accent. cracks me up.
how is schuyler (i hope i got that right) doing this week?

davina- i have been thinking of nightweaning for a long time now, but i just can't get up the energy i feel like it would take. i did request the ncss from the library though. i want to hear how it goes for you. is everybody recovering from the colds in your house yet?

i've had two periods now. hopefully, i will not have anymore! eisa still nurses quite a lot through the night too. how is it going with those of you who are prgnant and still nursing? any changes in nursing habits?

lunch time!
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Sharon Anne...hey!! Get your butt back in here and post, woman!! We miss you!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:56 PM

Yes, we are getting over our colds. I still have a sore throat. Gwen is still snotty, has a cough and an ear infection. But she seems to be improving so holding off on abx.

Gwen says so many words once or twice. Like, I said "Yuck, that's trash" the other day and she said "trash" perfectly clearly like 3 times. Same with "share" and others I can't remember ATM. But she doesn't use those words regularly.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

poor davina...so tough!! lay low and get well!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 PM

What cute stories. Baby love is the best.

Cole, my DS, goes to preschool at a Presbyterian church, and they have these big banners hanging outside the building with pictures of white lilies on them. For some reason, Maddie always points at them and says "Bock-bock!" like a chicken. I have no idea why she does this. They don't look like chickens at all to me.

I am thinking about nightweaning Maddie but I really have no idea how to go about doing that. I didn't nightwean Cole, he just stopped on his own.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

He waved!!! Woohoo!! We;ve been working on that for freaking forever!! He saw his daddy leaving and he suddenly waved!!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:26 AM

YAY for waving!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 10-13-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

and its officially COLD here!!! brrr our heat is running for the first time this winter!

I miss our prego days...our big belly, i cant sit on my stupid chair for much longer days..

baby kicking your boobs days..
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 PM
mcs

bama- that is funny b/c the seasons change always makes me feel sentimental too. usually i long for a ciggarette, but this year i want a baby! two years ago at this time......last year at this time.....

the lillie chickens really made me laugh! when i was a kid, we had a store called "super duper" whose sign was an elephant holding up a bag of groceries with its trunk. i remember trying so hard to figure out what it was- it was faded and a little rusty and just not a good representation of an elephant- i had so many ideas of what it "could" be- it was so strange when i finnally saw it as an elephant- i really had to twist my mind to keep it an elephant.

fey- did you get one of those radio flyer push toys for elenia for her birthday? does she still like it? my mother wants to get one for eisa for christmas, but i dont know if she would still have an interest by then.

over and out.
mcs

Old 10-13-2006, 03:25 PM

Yeah, its chilly here today... and our heater isn't coming on. Brrrr... It was barely 60 in here when we woke up. Fine when you're cuddled under the blankets. Not so much when you have to get up and be alive.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:09 PM

bama you should be getting your coats any day! I sent it through work, I know that it's gone out already, so soon!
Friday the 13th indeed....I went to bed last night with a sore finger out of the blue, today the knuckle is all red and swollen and it's half-numb and won't bend right. NO IDEA what I did to it, but it hurts all the way up to my elbow. I'm hazarding a guess at some sort of tendon/carpal tunnel type thing.
Then, I'm driving through the city and get hit by a freaking Brinks truck...that KEPT GOING. : NOt much damage, lots of big scratches from his GIANT BLUE STEEL BUMBER but nothing major. I'm filing a police report Monday, I guess. Not sure it'll do any good.
Anyway...hope everyone else's day was more uneventful! Oh, and Sam broke her glasses, too. :
Old 10-13-2006, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

poor emmy..what a day! did you see the truck # on the brinks truck?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:19 PM

Emmy... any chance you had a tiny hangnail or cut or something on that finger? Pretty rare, but you could have some crazy infection. Just a thought. Weird either way. HOpe it feels better soon.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:35 AM

Emmy - you've got to wear green on Friday the 13th, it helps your luck out! (Please tell me you weren't wearing green today or my whole believe system will be shot to H-E-double toothpicks). I hope you can bring the Brinks truck down. Maybe Dateline'll do a story on it!

We're actually having pretty good weather here. It's been freezing every night but sunny during the day with no wind. My parents are leaving tomorrow so I hope any snow or inclement weather holds off until they arrive safely at home.

Just wondering about everyone's kiddo's strange quirks or quarks. For instance: Sage is terrified of bubbles. I have given her a few bubble baths because I think it'll be a treat and she just cries and won't sit in the water until I get rid of them. I did this again tonight (just to test the water - pardon the pun) and same thing. She would also scream when I blew bubbles at swimming lessons. Weird. I once knew someone who was terrified of butterflies, but bubbles???
Old 10-14-2006, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

never known of a baby afraid of bubbles!! She'll outgrow it..
Old 10-14-2006, 01:51 AM
mcs

emmy- what a terrible day! if it is red up your arm along the vein, you should get it checked out now. have you had carpel tunlel before though? and i would def. report the brinks guy- to the company too. maybe they will know who it is by the route.

hatoo- eisa is terrified of the vaccume- i guess she learned from the cat. it is awfully funny and sad- today i just took it out of the closet and the cat flew into the bed room and eisa started really crying hard.

hilger got a kids seat for his bike- it fits on the front instead of the back- real cool. i was too nervous to let him put her on the back, but this looks really fun and safe.

so, i have been enjoying my time with eisa so much this week- more than ever really- but today, i was just out of it- i was so board and unenergetic and just waiting all day for hilger to come home. i even let eisa watch the end of arthur on tv. i have never really let her watch tv. i did though, finnally get a baby book started for her. so, thank goodness it is the weekend. goodnight all,
mcs

Old 10-14-2006, 02:08 AM

it is soooo cold in our house. like 55ish cold. ds gets a space heater but dh and i just freeze. we took ds to the zoo in st.louis today. he is in love wiht the penguins. i'll try and get pictures up tomorrow.

mcs-i have to put ds in the sling to vaccume or he flips out.

emmy- sorry you had a crappy day.

sa-good to hear from you!

famousmb.-liek people said, *nothing* is too personal i was an unlucky soul to get af back 6wks pp even though ebf:

hattoo-ds is afraid of our dog barking outside. he's fine if she barks in the house, or if she barks and he's outside with her, but not if she's barking outside and he's inside. he bursts into tears and runs screaming to the nearest adult.

User Tag List