Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here ya go davina and angel!
#2 of 244 Old 09-16-2006, 01:52 PM

Well I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's chilly here but it is definiately cooler I love September here.

Gwen is so cute Davina Love her outfit.

Elaina has I guess hit the language explosion. She can't really say the new words right away but she tries and gets very close, and wants to point at everything and have me say what they are That's fun. And she says some things really well like Hi, Daddy! and Hi Kitty! and Nice Kitty. She loves going down slides.

Here is my latest favorite pic of her.

Hope everyone is enjoying this weekend! It's lovely here, I'm going to hang some laundry and we might go to a peace rally later on and I am hoping to sew some longies from a lambswool sweater today
#3 of 244 Old 09-16-2006, 02:49 PM

fey- ahh i am jealous, you are so artistic!

not much to report here, i am just getting frustrated because i can't find enough time to study, the baby is *so* distraught over being separated from me that i don't want to send him off with my parents for more time, but i can't concentrate when he's around. so i am getting behind, which is so not like me.

raising my two sunshine children.

#4 of 244 Old 09-16-2006, 05:14 PM

i don't even want to think about school. yuck. mamita

gwen is adorable davina! glad you stopped in

the pic of Elaina on the slide is too cute!

: bama!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#5 of 244 Old 09-16-2006, 06:03 PM

Ugh, Michelle, the mere thought of being a student again gives me a queasy stomach. Give yourself some time, you'll find a good balance.
We are in Cincinnati for the wedding of one of Alex's friends...he was one of Alex's groomsmen in our wedding, and Alex is one of his. So he's been involved in wedding stuff since 10:30 this morning, the ceremony was from 1 - 2:30 (gotta love those Catholic weddings ) and my in laws drove up to stay with Cully while I went to the ceremony. I dropped them all off at a mall near the church so I wouldn't be too far away, and Cully did GREAT. He had a really good time with them, didn't fuss when I left (I watched from the car) and happily strolled around the mall with them. So then they came back to the hotel with Cully & I, we walked around for a bit, and now they are gone. I'm waiting for Alex to get back (they spent 3 hours driving around the city for picture taking...man, my wedding was a piece of CAKE ). Cully hasn't had too much in the way of naps today, so wish me luck for the reception. Of course there's a head table, so I'm going to be sitting with a bunch of people that I don't know while trying to harrang a squirmy 15 month old. Should be a hoot.

Fey - the computer is weird about loading pictures on whatever system I am on (some security thing I have installed) and I am WAITING to see that picture!!! ....Ooooooooooo...there it is. Wow...just beautiful. That look of sheer innocence and...man, I don't even know what. That expression, and those little baby lips and the little wispy hair...

Just so gorgeous it makes me tear up a little. :
#6 of 244 Old 09-16-2006, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

hehe..yeah..Dh's fave team(LSU tigers!) are playing right now..y'all wish me luck that they win!! It'll better my chances!
#7 of 244 Old 09-16-2006, 06:51 PM

Cute pictures, Davina! Danny does that "raa raa" barking, too.

And a beautiful picture of Elaina, too, Fey.

Last night was such a horrible drag -- neither boy would go to bed and I was SO exhausted. Feeling for all the single mothers out there. To make matters worse, I had to study for MY class today, because I decided to take Jackson Hewitt's tax preparation class so that I can work PT as a tax preparer next spring. It's 9-3 on Saturday for 11 weeks. Numbers don't come easily to me so it's a nice mental workout, and I am excited to be doing something different. My mom and dad both watched the kids today and thankfully that all worked out.

AF came yesterday too

Finally, I got one of those pedometer things where you're supposed to take 10,000 steps a day to be healthy ....? I thought I was pretty active, only to take my pedometer off at the end of the day with ...... less than 2500 steps! :

PS Wanted to post my own cute picture of baby sleeping on the subway:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Picture219.jpg
#8 of 244 Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 PM

Danny looks so big Meli! i love his hair

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#9 of 244 Old 09-17-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meli65

AF came yesterday too

Sorry to hear that. The vacation didn't do the trick. Maybe this month.

I love all of the pictures! So here is one of Claire.
http://ipusheddadoverboard.blogspot.com/

It's our first week of church and Sunday school today. I need to get everyone up and going in a bit. My early bird (E.) is already up and has eaten.

Off to a nephew's birthday party this afternoon.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#10 of 244 Old 09-17-2006, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

McLisa, She is ADORABLE!! Those eyes!!!
#11 of 244 Old 09-17-2006, 12:22 PM

What cute kids!!! Claire with the cucumber That's cute.
#12 of 244 Old 09-17-2006, 12:40 PM

Hey everyone! Saw the thread and thought I would check in. I am pregnant! Almost out of the first trimester. Still nursing a ton, but it hurts when Taso latches on and for some wacky reason it is more painful at night.
I put a new pic of Taso on my blog.

hamadryadmomma.blogspot.com
#13 of 244 Old 09-18-2006, 10:32 PM

congratulations ashley! we're sort of forming an informal ddc amongst ourselvs as several of us are pg again. glad to hear from you.

in unhappy news......ds has bad butt rash. it looks aweful. atleast imo. he's never really had one before so this is all new territory. i'm thinking perhaps an allergic reaction to the wipes they use at daycare. i'm going to make some cloth ones to use at home but normally he uses the huggies sensitive skin ones ans seems fine. those are all he's ever used. i'm only guessing the wipes because he's been pooping a lot and he's needed to be changed at daycare more frequently (he usually is only there for 3 hours) so perhaps a combo of poop and wipes? i'm totally lost. it doesn't seem to be bothering him but man it looks ouchie. i coated him in burts bees and put a pampers on him tonight to help keep him dryer. any suggestions?

#14 of 244 Old 09-18-2006, 11:31 PM

congrats ashley!

anne - dd's butt sometimes gets really red if she's pooping a lot. can you ask them at the dc to use different wipes? i don't really have any suggestions besides that and just keep doing what you're doing... maybe pay attention to what he's eating? nothing too acidic? i don't know...
#15 of 244 Old 09-18-2006, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

take butt cream and have them put it on him after every change.

use only water and kleenex or tp on him if he gets red...the chemicals in wipes make it worse and it BURNS!!

ask them to use your huggies sensitive wipes only at daycare. that's not even an issue. just put them in a container and put his name on there.
#16 of 244 Old 09-19-2006, 12:22 AM

Dd has a bad diaper rash and the only thing different for her is that she's teething (cutting those dreaded molars). I find letting her run naked for a while after changing to let her air dry before putting the cream on works the best. I don't know if your daycare would be up for that, though because it sometimes means pee on the carpet! Good luck. Sage's hurt so bad tonight that she didn't want to be picked up.
#17 of 244 Old 09-19-2006, 12:31 AM

BTW, I'm researching Chariot Carriers. Does anyone have any advice on this subject that they'd like to pass on?
#18 of 244 Old 09-19-2006, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

page 2?? even the bottom of page 2!! totally unacceptable people!!

Where is everyone?? I went to my first NINO babywearing meeting today! it was fun!!

now i want a wrap!
#19 of 244 Old 09-20-2006, 01:28 AM

Hi mamas, it's been a while since I poked my head in but wanted to give a shout out. Ryan is getting so big and keeping me busy, plus I'm back in school and so are the older two kiddos. Taking prereqs to get into nursing school, plus volunteering a lot, sort of kind of looking for work, yadda, yadda. Ryan finally cut 5 teeth since his birthday, the most recent 3 in the last 2 weeks. When I'm home he is still quite the booby guy, but isn't quite used to his new teeth which can hurt a bit. We'll get over this though.

Oh yeah, our basement flooded over the weekend, YUCK! So we have a lot of cleaning and purging to do there, too, before it gets too nasty. Apparently roiots grew into the pipes and had to be removed. However the plumber was kind of cute, he had a very thick Irish accent and asked how old my "wee laddy" was. Turns out he has a 13 mo daughter. What a nice guy.

Anyway wanted to see how everyone was doing. I can't believe the wee ones are actually toddlers now. Take care everyone.
#20 of 244 Old 09-20-2006, 02:00 PM

I thought Mothering was suppose to leave the political stuff out. The ad where I'm posting now is something about the best war ever: lies and the mess in Irag. Hmmm... that seems so against what they usually have for ads.

Anyways, it's nice to have the site back up and running. Just tired and very nauseated in the middle of the night when I have to get up with one of the girls.

Maddie is still struggling to get up in the morning and on the bus. So not a morning person.

Ellysia loves preschool. We were talking about it one day and tells me: Miss Sherry says Less talking and eyes on me. Ellysia loves to talk so I'm not sure if this is directed specifically at her or the class in general. Would not surprise me if it is to her.

Claire is really walking. This morning she didn't crawl at all. Just toddled around the living room. She got her first real pair of shoes yesterday. Hopefully that will help keep her socks on. We lost one at a store yesterday while running errands.

so here's my post to rescue us from the bottom of page 2!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#21 of 244 Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM

Just wanted to post quickly for a pity-party for me

Danny has been teething for over a week now -- he's gotten four in so far. He just can't sleep -- his naps don't last more than an hour these days, and again last night he was up until 11:00 pm!

I went to the doc today to get the weird rash on my face examined to find out it's either shingles (which could lead to the kids getting chicken pox which isn't actually a bad thing but does give one pause....) or herpes caused by stress. Hmmm, where could that have come from? :
#22 of 244 Old 09-20-2006, 05:51 PM

Hugs out to you Meli! Did they start you on any meds or do any tests to figure out if it was one or the other?

Claire got up at 11 last night just to rock in the chair first with me and then with DH. She was dry and didn't want a bottle. I blamed it on teeth, but nothing new in her mouth this morning.

#23 of 244 Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

We went back to the gastro doc today.

Big city rush hour traffic, an hour each way, parking garage, and a lot of walking. That was my day.

Basically, he's lost weight since he was there last.

Not good, and made the Dr freak out. He put us on a liquid food for GI compromised children, called Peptamen...its way high in calories per ounce. Now if he can just drink it...

We go back in a few days to see the Nutritionist, and then a couple weeks after that to see the Dr again.

I am so tired of this, and we're just gettting started!
#24 of 244 Old 09-21-2006, 01:10 AM

Hugs Meli!! I had shingles a few years ago because I went on the Atkins diet : and my immune system paid for it.

Anyways, I have recommended this to many people because the prescription for curing shingles was $150 (in Canada) and didn't seem to help. Health stores sell 100% organic New Zealand Bovine Colostrum tablets. You can take the pills, but what helped me the most was cracking them open, making the powder into a paste and applying it to the affected area. My shingles cleared up in 2 days. I would also let a handful of pills dissolve in the tub - kind of like an oatmeal bath for chicken pox! Whether you've got herpes or a scab or shingles, this stuff works! I've used the leftovers for any minor skin problems and it's fantastic! (the infomercial is complete)

BTW, Sage has been weaned for a week now. I'm in serious mourning . She just stopped asking for it and I stopped offering because there's nothing there and it really just hurts and frustrates both of us. A friend of mine was nursing her 19 month old and Sage ran up with her arms out wanting a taste. Talk about feeling inadequate
#25 of 244 Old 09-21-2006, 01:44 AM

heather and bama!
good luck with schuy at the doc. i hope he starts gaining weight soon. heather, i can only imagine what that must feel like. are you going to try and tandem when the new babe arrives?

school is so kicking my butt. i don't know how i'm going to keep doing it. dh has been gone a lot. i have no help/support with ds or with school. it sucks. plus dh just comes home and trashes the house. we have a wedding to go to this weekend. i have to miss all the prewedding stuff on Friday because the only person who could watch ds backed out today. so again, dh gets to go out and do stuff and i stay at home. : it gets old real quick. i'm just tired. i'm tired of feeling like i'm going this (parenting) alone. it doesn't help when ds constantly says "daddy?" and runs to the door looking for dh. then, when/if dh gets home while ds is still awake, he won't come to him and runs away from him in a huff, all ticked off at him for being gone so long. i have a feeling this may start to cause big behavioral problems. *sigh* wish me luck mamas. i have homework to do...and it's almost midnight.

#26 of 244 Old 09-21-2006, 10:23 AM

Anne, that sounds really hard. You have a lot on your plate. At least you are young! But seriously, though, hang in there, hope it gets better soon.

Hattoo, thanks for the ideas and sorry to hear about the weaning

Bama, sorry to hear the doctor's visit was such a bummer.

Boy, what's with all of us?

Mclisa, thanks for the sympathy. The doc took a sample to see what it is and I should find out in a few days. I'm taking Valtrex and am thinking I need to get down and see the homeopath again soon (it's an hour drive).
#27 of 244 Old 09-21-2006, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Ok...I can talk now for a minute.

I am just really overwhelmed with all this. I never expected to feel this way, but here's the general idea..

His head hasnt grown in 3 months.
His weight dropped. He did grow a little taller, but nothign else.

He apparently isnt getting enough nutrition to support his body and brain..

the gastro Doc gave us sample cans of this medical grade liquid food, that is super high calorie. 30 calories an ounce, instead of 20 calories an ounce for regular babyformula.

We have to go back to see the nutritionist on the 4th, and back to see the Dr on the 23rd.

I am just so upset...the Dr didnt like the enzymes we've been giving him, saying that some kids get liver damage from using "supplements like THAT".:

well, geez doc, the prevacid is only working on the reflux..its not fixing the root of the problem.!

I dont know what we're supposed to do. Do we stop the enzymes and just do the prevacid, and just do nothing?

Our hope was that the enzymes would help the source of the problem...and we hope that the nutritionist can give us more insight on what can help us.

I cant just treat the symptom...and leave the root cause unknown and unfixed.

So right now, his technical diagnosis is that he's considered GI compromised, and he's IGg and IGa deficient.

And btw..the liquid medical food, which is used in feeding tubes, is $170 or more a case of 24 cans..little 8 oz cans.

He's supposed to drink 1 or 2 cans a day....

I hope the insurance is going to pay for this!
#28 of 244 Old 09-21-2006, 02:57 PM

oh bama! Have they told you anything that you can do for the IgG or the IgA if they don't want you to use the enzymes? I'm sure the insurance should pay for the supplement. Do you qualify for WIC? My sister's little one had to be on pediasure because of lack of growth and WIC covered that. Is he taking the prevacid or spitting it out? You might have better luck disovolving the prevacid solutabs if the liquid isn't working.

annebellee: Does everyone need to take a question of your homework and answer it for you? Maybe you wouldn't want our answers! Sorry about the weaning. You guys did so well! I'm impressed on how long you were able to nurse. That's my goal this time around if we can get one that isn't allergic.

Jeff took Ellysia and Claire to the toddler gymnastics place. He was talking to a couple of moms we know and blinked his eyes. Now Claire has crawled out of the long tunnel she's been in and has disappeared. Not a good parenting moment. They found her right away. She had walked over to the shoe area and was playing with them just like she loves to do at home.

#29 of 244 Old 09-21-2006, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

nope, no answers yet. The dr didnt want us to continue to use the Enzymes, but what am i supposed to do?

HE threw up the peptamen...i dont know what to do next.

I'm afraid they're really gonna freak out when the nurse tells him that his head hasnt grown in 3 months.
#30 of 244 Old 09-21-2006, 04:48 PM

Bama, I'm sending you the biggest hugs and will be praying for you guys. I can't even imagine what you're going through. It's too bad not all of us could have Dr. Sears as a pediatrician.

Annabelle - If Sage asks to nurse after baby comes, I'll let her. I had just come to terms with the fact that I'd be tandem nursing (I was on the fence for a while) and she weaned!! I think she'll remember and it will probably make her feel better. I can't believe I was only going to nurse for 6 months (decision made while pg and uneducated) and now the possibility of tandem nursing has become so real!

I'm ordering the new stroller today: http://www.chariotcarriers.com/html_english/cougar2.htm
I think it'll be great for walking in our northern winters. I walked almost everyday last winter and hope to do the same this year. It'll also help me get Sage & Abby (the 18 month old I'm going to watch 2 days a week starting next week) down for naps at the same time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page