May 2004----> October 2006. Still at it. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 315 Old 10-06-2006, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jess, therapy is a great idea. Seriously, it kept me from going totally bezerk during this last pg. You're not alone. And pg takes a big toll. Be kind to yourself.

Just popping in to say that we had Jacquie and Mr. G visit today!!!! (I'm smiling from ear to ear.) It was a lot of fun. I wish Jacquie lived closer. And for some strange reason, I feel like I've known her for a long time. (Maybe it's because I've "known her" for ~3 yrs. now... isn't it weird how time flies?)
#62 of 315 Old 10-06-2006, 07:17 PM

well the plan has always been to work up until birthing #2. (i waddled my fat self into work right up until birthing isaac - 41 weeks and 3 days!) it is just that adding daycare costs for the 2nd child tip the scales towards the financial 'what's the point' arena. it is worth me working financially with isaac in daycare. AMAZING how the world works though. i just told my boss on monday that i was considering the maternity leave of no return (~3 years off). and i've been cogitating about that because she is having her own crisis of burnout. and i've been her trusty sidekick for EIGHT years so i know this is big. (oh the guilt) we got an email from sidekick #2 today that he has taken another job. the place is falling apart and it is just what she needed! so she came and talked to me and i think the company will disband but still work for the cool industrial clients on an at-home on call basis. so maybe i will get my cake and eat it too?

amazing how life can change so much in an hour. but yeah i need therapy. BIG TRANSITIONS for me. i cried when my boss came to talk to me even though i think it is all change for the better. trust the pregnant lady to cry

kk that is so cool you and jacquie had fun (and the kids of course!)
#63 of 315 Old 10-06-2006, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Jstar how awesome that you have a boss you can cry with. I do too so I know the value...a friendship! I remember you talking about how your boss is like family. Indeed the work from home thing rocks, and I hope you get your cake and eat it too.

speaking of, it is a blustery rainy day here, maybe dropping to (gasp!) 60 or so, all the Mexicans are bundled up like it's 30 below. I baked an apple cake that rocks my world. I am melancholy too, the grey/clouds biz. *sigh* I don't think I could thrive in the grey anymore.

ack. she's awake.
#64 of 315 Old 10-07-2006, 12:30 PM

Just chiming in here from a friend's computer out of town to say "hi!" We are in Denver until this afternoon and that is why G and I were able to see KK and clan. It was so great to see her and T, Z & L! L is just about the cutest little baby I've seen in a while and she is so calm. She also has a great smile and G enjoyed showing her the soccer ball. G loved playing with Z & T and it was great to see them laughing together. It was like G and Z had a little toddler language they totally understood. Very fun day!

We're off to pick up my mom at the airport and then we head back home for the 3-hour drive.

Jstar-glad you're feeling somewhat better. I know lots of women go through this, but that doesn't mean it's easier. I hope the work sitch works out.

We better get on the road. Loving the cute stories, and I'll share mine eventually. Suffice it to say that most sentences include the word "soccer" "ball" or "airplane."
#65 of 315 Old 10-07-2006, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Jacqueline, what a little BOY you have!! soccer, ball, airplane!!!

Been a GOOD WEEKEND so far! I haven't said that in ages..well..since A was born...

much love to all. feelin groovy and expansive, unlike yesterday when i felt small and contracted.
#66 of 315 Old 10-07-2006, 07:22 PM

Soooooooo.... Elsanne. If someone wanted to, hypothetically, come down there to see you, what airport might one fly into? :
#67 of 315 Old 10-07-2006, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Well, hypothetically, the airport would be Leon, Mexico, whose airport code is, hypothetically speaking, BJX.
Since it is a small airport, it is a much mellower arrival than, say, Mexico City, which is cheaper, and whose airport code is MEX.
MC is 4 hours away by bus, whereas Leon is 1.5 hrs by shuttle.
#68 of 315 Old 10-07-2006, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

And I would be SOOO PSYCHED TO RECEIVE A MMF VISIT!!!!
#69 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 02:45 AM

I haven’t posted in a week so ya’ll are doomed to a long post…

Finally starting to feel like myself again. I went to work this weekend, which means I got a good night’s sleep for the first time in two weeks (the last time I worked), and it did wonders of good. I’m itching, itching, to get out and see Claudia and her babe. Soon! And Claudia, I’m so glad to hear that Stefan is eating and growing well. I remember very well the details of our early talks about our first babes and how we agonized.

Jstar- Yipes! Things are changing fast in your world. I am soooooooooooo glad you are looking into therapy. I seriously don’t think I would have made it this far in my current pregnancy without it- too many crises. I can honestly say that I’m feeling pretty happy about being pregnant, having two, and having a boy right now, and that’s saying a LOT.

I am so sorry that you are sick and exhausted and having to work and take care of a toddler. It sucks. It really does. Even if they want to understand, our partners just can’t, because they can’t get how _TIRED_ we are. I feel ya, mama. Let us know how the ultrasound goes, and how many you’ve got growin in there. If it makes you feel any better, I was scared about twins this time too, but there’s just one in there.

Heatherfeather- sending you healthy computer vibes , and condolences on the dumb OT . How was the trip?

Jaqueline- how exciting that you finally got an IRL MMF experience. , and KK I’m glad to hear your kiddos had a blast too.

Lisa- glad to hear the pregnancy is going well for Alison. What month is she due? I can’t keep track. I think ya’ll are the first in line of the next crop of babies, am I right?

Sarah- In some ways, it must be harder to have a super-verbal child than a low-verbal child. Lily is so on-the-ball developmentally, it must be frustrating when she does those infuriating things we expect of little ones who _can’t_ express themselves. I hope she finds a consistent (reasonable!) sleep pattern soon.

Megan-
Quote:
"Why do you take a nap for Daddy and not for me?" She replied, "Because Daddy gets angry." I said, "Well, Mama gets angry, too." Her response? "Yeah, but I don't care." Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....
Oooh, it’s a good thing Luke’s not that verbal.

Renae- I sometimes feel bad for leaving L on the weekend too, especially because he sometimes freaks out on Sat. am when I’m not there to nurse. Dh has started calling me at work during the freak-out so L can hear my voice. Maybe that would work for Rowan.

Elsanne- 60 and blustery? Sounds like my kind of weather. This fall mistiness is just what I love. It puts me in a great mood. I’m sure my ancesters came from the cool blustery coast of somewhere. I’ll leave the sunny skies to you.

Hi Sherri and Emily, and anyone else I’ve missed!!!
#70 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 11:46 AM

Fiddle - thanks for your thoughts. That is really insightful. DH really doesn't get it - he expects her to "use her words" and expects those words to be logical and mature...even when she is crying from exhaustion at 11 pm. I, of course, am like, "Honey, she's 2!" But he insists she should be able to reason with us at all times...

I'm glad you're rested and currently in a good place with your preg. And when's your due date again, too?

Jacqueline - Your trip sounds fab. Glad you and KK had a good time!

jstar - wowee, lots of big stuff happening in your world. I really hope the sickies don't last too long. And I agree with everyone; therapy can work wonders at this time. Have you heard of Baby Blues Connection? They do prenatal stuff, too, and have groups, phone counseling, etc. It's all women who have gone through it before.

I was up with the sun and a 5:30 am nursing; Lily and DH are still sleeping but I can't sleep. I've got tons of stuff to do today - school and otherwise - and just want to work in the yard. Ho hum.

We got Lily's hair cut yesterday - a full-on bob, really short in back. Kept the front long. I love it! So easy to comb. Ahhhhh. And she was really good for the woman who cut it - we got it done at Bishop's for you PDXers. It's a funky walk-in place where all the stylists have pink hair or mohawks, it seems. Then both DH and I got our hair cut, too. Family day.

OK, off to get a little homework done if I can. *Mwah* to all.

Sarah
#71 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

ff nice ddddc!!!
#72 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 02:18 PM

just a post to say i'm reading along with you all just rarely have a hand free to type...

MMF!

~claudia
#73 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 03:07 PM

... just WAIT for the teen tantrums. Oh. My. God. Losing my mind. :
#74 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 03:39 PM

hey, kk... nice ddddc...

yours, too, fiddle...

~claudia
#75 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

tc thinking of you! Strange to not see you posting much but I think I know why....

meg so bummin' about the teen tantrums. I can't even fathom...just getting through today...
#76 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 05:55 PM

a lazy weekend for me. i don't thrive in the gray either. i think that's part of my problem actually. summer is over and it is getting darker and darker and darker : i am excited about the holidays though.

i have been massively lazy this weekend and it feels good. it IS hard having a toddler and working and battling this nausea. harder than i thought it would be. my friend has been trying to get me out to do something all weekend and sent me an 'are you pg or disabled?' text message. i can't wait til she gets pg someday!! it feels like a disability right now i know it will get better during the glorious 2nd tri and then i'll be groaning towards the end. the nausea just goes in waves but i've been able to eat much better this weekend than all week.

i doubt it is twins. just a fear. i doubt i'll have any more than the 1 u/s at 20 weeks. that was all i had with isaac.

i have heard of the baby blues connection. i left a msg with one therapist already so if i don't hear back i will try them.

dh is down in the basement working none of the 4 windows open so there was only the door for ventilation with my previous painting. they broke out one window and are putting a new one in. the sound of breaking glass is always disconcerting. i'm scared to go look : and i bought a pretty blue paint for the walls ...can't wait to go see it.

i haven't planted anything in my yard (and i have bought about 10 shrubs and all those bulbs in the last 2 weeks). i'm just not feelin the umph right now. mostly because i have to dig up grass. lots and lots of grass. i want about half the grass we have right now. the shrek costume is almost done though. isaac is napping right now so i can make the final push

i bet lily's bob looks adorable

and i'm glad you got a good night's sleep at work beth. i bet your belly is a-growin these days!

ok off to check if the house across the street is really having an open house like the sign says. it was a crazy falling-down wreck habitated only by racoons and has been under a huge remodel for a year. it doesn't even look done but i think it is on the market now. so maybe we'll get new neighbors soon.......
#77 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 06:25 PM

You know you don't have to dig up grass to get new beds...just layer on newspaper/cardboard/dirt/mulch/compost/whatever and dig holes for the new stuff. This is what I did when I planted my bulbs last weekend. Here're some links:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf582744.tip.html
http://ourgardengang.tripod.com/lasagna_gardening.htm
http://www.bconnex.net/~carolw/lasagna1.html
#78 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah, want to see lily's bob! Did you document the moment, pink mohawks and all?
#79 of 315 Old 10-08-2006, 06:40 PM

Pics in YG. But not at the shop - just later at home. And her stylist didn't have a pink mohawk; I've just seen them in Bishops before...
#80 of 315 Old 10-09-2006, 01:29 AM

Awe, I feel special. Posty-pants. Tee hee. Love KK's ddddc as well.

Hmmmmm, Elsanne was the first to notice....

I am due in early/mid February. So I'm 5 months along, and definitely sporting an undeniable pregers belly at this point.

Sarah- Luke's former nanny from our spiritual community just gave birth two weeks ago (a wee bit after Claudia). She lives ONE BLOCK from your house. I went to visit her for about 20 minutes on Friday before work, and wished I had time to swing by your house and see if you were home. I am worried about her- she doesn't feel like eating, and that to me is not a good sign.

I wish I was not sick (feeling bad again) and exhausted and pregnant, and I could give more attention to the two new mamas in my life. Well, Claudia, you're not technically a new mama, but you know what I mean. Glad to see you're able to read along, if not type right now.

Megan- sheesh- teens and tots. Quite a job you have.

Jess- I seriously don't know how you do it all: work, be pregnant, AND make a costume. I'm going to stop by children's exchange like two days before halloween and pick up whatever cheap used costume fits. I got him a super-cute poo honey-pot costume there last year for $10. Planting things: that sounds like another job for dh, if you ask me. Hope Sarah's tips can save you some time.

Night night!
#81 of 315 Old 10-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Sarah- Luke's former nanny from our spiritual community just gave birth two weeks ago (a wee bit after Claudia). She lives ONE BLOCK from your house. I went to visit her for about 20 minutes on Friday before work, and wished I had time to swing by your house and see if you were home. I am worried about her- she doesn't feel like eating, and that to me is not a good sign.
Let me know if you want me to take anything by for her...I could just say it's from you.
#82 of 315 Old 10-09-2006, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

My friend who gave birth on sept. 25th (a girl named Juno) also did not feel like eating postpartum. I would say she went like 5-7 days like that and now is back to normal. FF I hope your friend does the same.
#83 of 315 Old 10-09-2006, 05:07 PM

beth i made the costume at the expense of all other activities that *should* have been happening like putting laundry away and trying to declutter/sort mail/pay bills. it was fun/procrastination. i have some halloween decorations but i can't get them out until i CLEAR SOME space to put them : the kitchen table is overrun with the sewing machine and all that biz. the house is messy messy messy. it was making me a little : this weekend. (i have a giraffe costume that would fit luke if you are interested in borrowing it. it is a little giraffe jacket with a giraffe head hood. isaac wore it last year).

thanks for the lasagne gardening links sarah. i think that looks cool except i don't have any mulch to really make it work. and shoveling mulch might be just as much work as my method. i just turn the grass over a spadeful at a time (grass down, dirt up). it looks all chunky but i think i will dechunk it just in the areas where i want to plant shrubs and then cover it all with the leaves when they fall off. the grass should mostly just compost back in although it won't be foolproof. maybe i'll put newspaper down. i can get a good amount done when i have a burst of energy....which i didn't this weekend. but this week the weather looks awesome.....we'll see how i feel after work. dh is sometimes really great about digging grass for me. and then he lets me do the planting (fun part). he isn't so into gardening. he got a lot done in the basement yesterday and he just went home to work on it right now. so he's getting good honey-do points they did a nice job replacing that basement window yesterday. i don't like the blue paint i picked but i'm not going to tell HIM that oh well

right now i feel extremely WAY too full. (where's the fat smilie?) mexican food. i got to go to lunch with dh. nice treat.

i'm at his office and i better get this shizzle done. borrrrrrrrring!
#84 of 315 Old 10-09-2006, 05:19 PM

jstar said "shizzle"
#85 of 315 Old 10-09-2006, 06:39 PM

Hey mamas,

Jess-hope therapy works wonders fo ryou. You definitely have alot to think about right now, and wonderful hormones don't make things any easier. Its great to hear your boss is such a cool person. I hope all works out for the best for all involved.

Sarah-you've totally inspired me! I've been at a loss on what to do wit Sarah's hair. I LOOOVED Lily's new do! I think it would be perfect on Sarah, and she's even got the matching red curls! I made an appointment for Thursday, so I can't wait.

And fiddle-I love your postypantedness. Keep em coming!

Dh just took the girls on a walk in the wagon, so I got the house to myself for a few minutes. Waiting for water to boil so I can boil my ravioli.
#86 of 315 Old 10-09-2006, 06:41 PM

megan: are you making fun of my kk said nads moment? : :

omig*d the sleep woes... marek is refusing to nap today and so he is having some quiet time in his room right now. except he's not being quiet. so glad i'm going to a meeting tonight and don't have to put him to bed. although he'll probably go to sleep super easy because he'll be exhausted... hrumph...

and stefan was also having a refusing to sleep morning. cat nap for 10-15 minutes, nurse for 10-15 minutes, awake for 10-15 minutes, repeat ad nauseum... i finally just had to eat my lunch after renuking it in the microwave an hour after it was originally made while my dad help a fussing stefan whose eyes were practically closing from tiredness... sheesh...

okay, off to rescue the mad, crying monkey from his quiet time...

~claudia
#87 of 315 Old 10-09-2006, 07:27 PM

Ah... who did that dddddc? I am having *such* a case of mama brain today. (As foggy and rainy in my head as it is outside today, which means my kids have a ton of energy and are inside!!! : : : ).

We *finally* got all loaded up to go off to our Monday playgroup, thinking I would get a break from *our* rainy Monday funk, just to find out that everyone else is apparently in a much deeper funk today! Seriously--I have never seen so many cranky/crying kids, and there was even a catfight between two of the moms. (: for sure) (I told them they *would* be friends again *after* they go home, calm down, and apologize sincerely... sheesh, what am I, a *mom*?)

I will reply at greater length later... T tells me Z is flushing qtips down the toilet.

And if it will cheer anyone up, I'll say nads again (NADS!) or even shizzle (SHIZZLE!) even though *that* is not my line.
#88 of 315 Old 10-10-2006, 12:38 AM

Okay, they're asleep. (I read Z Where the Wild Things Are--our theme for the day--he told me they *weren't* wild things... asked what they were... just want to let you all know they're actually *dogs*.)

Z didn't have a nap today (~5 min. in the car doesn't count). I'll be honest... I'm a little freaked out by his nap pattern recently. I need recs on *good* sleep resources (not that crazy thing dh picked up by accident that I mentioned on the YG). Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?

TC, I had a day much like yours (incl. lunch not eaten), except add in a wild "no school today and there's endless rain" 5 yr old and snot up the baby's nose. :

Yeah, teen and toddler (and lil' baby!). Whoa. :

I'm thinking of the pg mamas. Hang in there. Thank goodness it doesn't last forever and that there's a prize at the end. Jess, I definitely got a little when pg with T and with L (when you feel like crap during pg, it can mess with your head).

Lisa, I had a good friend who had PUPPPS (or whatever that crazy acronym is) during pg, and she had great success with acupuncture. I have another friend who got some crazy itching thing which is *not* PUPPPS but is somehow triggered by hormonal cycling. I hope Alison can find some relief. It seems like a situation where alternative care has much better (milder) solutions.

This weekend was the church service that I coordinated about domestic partnerships. It was a lot of work, but I feel good about it. (Some people apparently said it was one of the best services our congregation has ever had! )

But... I have another plugged duct. I am seriously doing too much. I'm quitting a committee and scaling back. I'm trying to remember to take my lecithin more regularly and to start up Floradix (low iron can aggravate plugged ducts/mastitis, and I *really* suspect this is the case with me). I'm not a good example of balance right now.
#89 of 315 Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 AM

Double score!!!

Jstar, I would LOVE that costume, when should I swing by? I could come when you get home from work tomorrow, or Thursday (or any Tues or Thurs after nap and before dinner). Dh is really excited about it. L's been into jungle animals lately (well, any animal, but the jungle animals are new to him).

Sarah- what a kind offer. Perhaps you could pick up some Ben and Jerry's the next time you go grocery shopping, and drop it by some day when you're free for a few minutes. I'll pm ya with her name and address. I'm going to try and give her a second visit within the next week or two, and I'll swing by your house too and leave ya some monitary renumeration.

KK-
Quote:
And if it will cheer anyone up, I'll say nads again (NADS!) or even shizzle (SHIZZLE!) even though *that* is not my line.
Yes, it did cheer me up. . That and the wild things/ dogs story. I am sorry about that darned plugged duct, though.

Claudia- Bummer about the no-nappies! I left a msg with your dad tonight about possibly coming for a visit soon. I'm beside myself with excitement to meet Stefan, plus I think it will be really fun to get our musicians together again. I actually made you a dinner tonight, so can at least expect a quick drop-by even if you're not available for hanging out.

Sherri- do give us pics once lil Sarah tries out big Sarah's lil one's haircut.

Must. go. to. bed.
#90 of 315 Old 10-10-2006, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Just got connected (internet) in my new house!!! Woooo hoooo! Now I'm really moving over here (about 6 blks away from old apt). Very excited and overwhelmed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page