May 2004----> October 2006. Still at it. - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-26-2006, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kk are you getting 18 inches of snow today???? eeeeeeeek. just saw the national forecast on the news.

isaac needs a haircut. my mom spent the whole weekend going 'i just want to trim his bangs out of his eyes' yeah ok i get it. i colored my hair black on halloween 2 years ago. i liked it : but it was sooooo not semi-permanent like it said. i need something new with my hair. it looks like florence henderson hair right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2006, 02:11 PM

No, I think only about 6". (Maybe a little more... we have ~that much now, and it's still snowing.) I'm *really* glad we were at a playground for 4 hrs yesterday... though I am going to bundle Z up and let him play with T and the other "big" boys in the snow after school.

My Lebowski moment (did I spell that right? looks wrong to me) was bowling with my mom friends last night. It was fun, but we sucked. I kept thinking about Jesus (Turturro's character) and how he fascinated/repulsed me. I promise I never licked the ball before I rolled it away.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:41 PM

So yesterday I was driving all over town and I saw this bumper sticker: "the dude abides...." and I had to laugh out loud and thought of y'all. I wanted to buy it, but where does one buy a single big lebowski bumpersticker, anyway?

megan- what gorgeous babies you make! So incredibly sweet.

I have a flickr site here.

We made an offer on our dream house. Well, sort of dream house. We're really excited about it, at least. They have until tomorrow morning to decide. Am I nervous? YES!!!!!

The lentil's potty training is getting somewhere, finally. He went all day yesterday without an accident. He was SO proud of himself, it was very sweet. His teachers at school were also really excited.

But when we have terrific highs, we also have terrific lows. Our only babysitters- parents of my childhood friends, people who I would trust to the end of the universe, have told me that they don't think the lentil is ready for them to babysit them. The last three times we've been to see them he screamed for at least 45 minutes. Embarrassing, horrible, painful screaming. So distressed. I don't know what's going on with that. So they don't want to try to watch him again until he's three. I just about cried when they told me. So much for date night. ever.

And we finally have + OPK. Elvis has left the building! We're all worn out from house excitement and potty excitement, but I think we might be in the running this month... fingers crossed!

Snow- it's snowing in the mountains right now- so beautiful.

Elsanne- we're in Santa Fe, so we could hop over to ABQ sometime to see you during the holidays! let us know!

McSarahb- you will survive the DH absence. I used to really fret over it, now I'm just inconvenienced.

Finding Nemo- The lentil ADORES this movie, but insists that we fast-forward past all the scenes in the dentist's office. So that means we have to sit with him and watch together, which I guess is what I'm supposed to do anyway. No TV babysitter here. So much for getting some housework done while my kid veges out in front of the cathode ray. He insists on being Dory for halloween, so I've been working on that damn costume for weeks now. All this after we bought him a great monkey costume. Won't wear it. even though it's incredibly cute. sigh.

KK- I'm sick of frumpy hair, but sweets has been telling me lately how good it looks so I'm almost afraid to cut it. He likes it longer, I hate the longer blowdry. but I don't mind getting compliments from my husband so that will have to do.

heatherfeather- I hear you about the pumping. just wishing you lactating thoughts.

I can't believe october is almost over! Ack!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:53 PM

countdown to my mom's arrival: 2.5 days yahooey!

must watch TBL again... question is, when???!!!???

level of clutter around our house is really beginning to irk me enough to attempt flyladying again. crisis cleaning 101, here i come.

cluttered house == cluttered mind for me... grrrrrrrrrr...

M tripped into the toy cabinet earlier and smacked his forehead. we put "blueberry ice" on it (what he called the frozen blueberries in a bag) and then smeared with arnica gel and gave him a couple crushed up arnica pellets and he's fine and not much swelling. what is it with him and foreheads?

bill is at the office this morning for a while longer. "all hands" meeting == usually intel-speak for "what-the-cr*p-are-you-all-doing-this-project-should-have-been-done-weeks-ago-so-let's-waste-more-time-by-calling-you-into-a-meeting-and-grumping-at-you".

~claudia
Old 10-26-2006, 06:45 PM

ohh poor M's forehead. and what is flyladying?

and what is +OPK? something to do with ovulation but i can't figure it out. fingers crossed for this month AND the house offer

hf - i was going to tell you my formula with the breastmilk-lovin-baby experience. i had formula as backup at daycare for isaac. so he didn't drink a lot of it but maybe 1 or 2 bottles a week of it from 3 months on. he was fine and liked it until 9 months when he refused it. and never drank it again. i tossed the can. he would rather go without than have it. (well and in general he just didn't like the bottle so they dumped a lot of bm too. the formula became a no go though. even mixed formula/bm got the big NO.) so how old is E now? i think formula tastes so chalky and unsweet compared to the delishiousness of breastmilk that i would recommend introducing it to E earlier rather than later if you are going to go that route. i think as they get older they get a lot pickier about flavor. it took him a loooong time before he liked cow milk too. some babes may not even notice or care on the other hand.

yeah megan - wow they are cute!

sherri - that sounds like a wholistically well organized move. good job!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:56 PM

forehead looking a little red but nothing too serious. will smear more arnica on it later.

flylady: www.flylady.net (a bit weird but definitely intriguing. i can't get into the whole getting dressed to the shoes bit, as i was raised in a "no shoes" household)

squirming baby waking up in the moby... ma milk time

~c
Old 10-26-2006, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Want to agree that sherri is ALL OVER IT and the reason the move went so well is because she rocks socks as a supermom.

Also want to agree about clutteredhouse=clutteredmind.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:27 PM

OK, supposed to be doing bills but really quick: HF if E rejects powdered formula, you could always go the goats milk plus other stuff route. We put goats milk plus organic heavy whipping cream down L's tube as a bolus each evening, and sometimes he likes to drink a bit of it. . I know that TC had a recipe she used for M when they had supply/demand/whatever-it-was issues. So you have lots of options. It is so good that you have come to acceptance about the possibility- it will make it easier if that happens.

Absolutely MUST pay bills- more at another time.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:56 PM

TC-so glad you have your mama coming. It will be so nice to have that extra loving set of hands!

Fiddle-how ya feeling?

Els, su casa es muy bien! Luverly! Ill be knocking on your door when I come visit mexico. And I love how you equate Viet's stupidity to Lisa's overuse of hyphens. I was at that.

Sarah, how's it going with dh gone?

Heather, so sorry to hear of the pumping woes.

emmalola! Yay for offers on houses! How completely exciting! Let us know what happens! I've got things crossed for you!

So, whaddya get when you mix two girls, a brand new house, and a bottle of nail polish? I BIG FREAKING MESS! OH MY GOODNESS. The girls were left to their own devices to play today, and suddenly dh says, Sherri, do you have nail polish? I say OH NO! WE go flying upstairs to find nail polish on our brand new carpet! In our room and Sarah's room too. After much scrubbing and my driving to assorted drug stores for assorted carpet cleaning products, we call my BIL, who so happens to work for a disaster restoration company. They will clean your house after a flood, fire, etc. And they have a kickass carpet cleaning system. The vegan nuns would be sooooooooooo disappointed at the amount of chemicals on my carpet right now, but they're clean. WHEW. All I could think of was it taking, like, three thousand bucks to recarpet our bedrooms. I was nearly in tears. But all's well that ends well, right?

And in super news, we got an offer on our house, and its now under contract. Yippeekiyayaye! I was stunned. And incredibly excited. Supposed to close November 20. Now cross your fingers all goes well with the inspections! Can I just say again how excited and relieved I am?!? Lisa, hope you have the same great news to report soon, too!

OK, crazy day, so glad its over. Just waiting for Grey's Anatomy to start! Time for this mama to unwind!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:35 PM

Sherri---eek on the carpet/nail polish thing! so very excited there is an offer/contract on the house, but methinks the new owners may never quite appreciate the porch as did you. :

ff---i couldn't remember if it was you or tc who used the goat's milk. I'm thinking that might be the way to go as the amount would probably only be 3-5+ oz/day best case scenario.

renae must have had too much fun in vegas (i'll leave it at that) : miss ya mf!

tc--same here with the cluttery stuff. ouch on the head bumpin! I just got all awwwww at the thought of your wee one snuggled in a moby.

and that's enough of that. typing with a squeaky space bar is very irritating. that and my mouse is stuck/sticky and all this left-right-scrolling-business is making me : off to read a library book!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 10-27-2006, 12:30 AM

Yah what is UP with the too-wide page crap. Grrrr.

Nail polish, oh my. Note to self: put nail polish beyond Lily's reach TONIGHT. On second thought, *runs off to go put nail polish out of Lily's reach RIGHT THIS MINUTE*

OK, I'm back. Lily and I went out to our favorite little Mexican place for dinner - smothered burrito for me and cheese quesadilla for Lily. And a totally artificially-colored-and-flavored Sponge Bob popsicle for dessert. : Oh well, I've been feeling sorry for myself. And Lily.

But really, we're doing fine. And DH comes home tonight, late. It did go by fairly quickly.

Ooop, gotta go - phonecaw. More later.

S.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

"Phonecaw"!!! Sarah, you are just a classic.

Sherri--eeeep! about the nailpolish...was it at least a lovely shade of pink or something? About those vegan nuns...just aerate the rooms a bunch and don't go eating dinner off of the carpet. And vacuum those spots a lot in the next few days.

Ferngirl did you get those bills paid?

Heather has sticky mice.

I got my hair cut/colored today! Wooooootie! I just adore my hairdresser. She comes to my house and does a great job, a woman from Texas. I am now almost as strawberry blondish as Amara. And not nearly as natural.

Work drama: had to go discuss construction permit biz after having the house I am working to manage (but is still under construction, remodeling) be sanctioned. God, did that sentence make any sense? Anyway had to go be smooth with gov't emps and learned a little bit about regulations regarding the historic downtown...they try hard to keep the colonial architecture intact, which is nice. The woman who owns VSA and is my friend/boss is having me manage this house instead of doing her books like I did prior to Amara's birth. John Galliano wore one of her belt buckles on the runway in Paris...oooh yeeeaaahhhh....Tim McGraw changed his belt buckle EIGHT TIMES in the CMA and all of them were hers...wootie tootie for her successful biz.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:27 PM

i've caught isaac in the twisting-off-the-top phase of nail polish foolery. mine is allllllll up high and i can only imagine how freaked out you were. SO GLAD it all came clean
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Git postin, girlies. Much too quiet. All may mamas report back to central.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:05 PM

aye-aye, mamacita.

countdown to my mom's arrival: 1.5 days!!! quadrazillion yahooey!!!

~claudia
Old 10-27-2006, 06:11 PM

anything you say!

One girl half-napping, the other eating shoes and/or books....not sure what's more nutritious.

yay TC!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 10-27-2006, 06:12 PM

Yes, I am here, reporting for duty!

Okay, Renae…you’re freaking me out. Where are you??????? And still no word from nuggetsmom either. We’re missing you guys!

No offers on our house yet, but I am so excited for you Sherri! I hope that everything goes quickly and smoothly. November 20 is a perfect closing date! We do have two potential offers in the works. One couple came back last night to look at the place again and was going to make a decision soon and the other was checking their paperwork with a mortgage broker today. Hopefully we can get an offer soon soon soon. I am anxious to move on to the next part: house buying! I hope you get the house you want, Emmalola! So exciting!

Hmmm, there really is a lot of house buying/selling/moving into going on in our little corner of MDC. What does that mean?

OPK=Ovulation Predictor Kit

I like fly lady to a certain extent. We don’t really do it religiously (and it is sort of a scripture to some) but both Alison and I appreciate her ideas regarding avoiding perfectionism and not waiting until you have time to do it all. I tend to want lots of uninterrupted time to work on something rather than do the one-five minutes here and there effort that fly lady suggests. It is good to be reminded that I really can pick up a lot of junk in five minutes. However, the flylady emails can be overwhelming and too too much. With our house so spotless as we are selling it I am finding it easier to maintain than I thought.

Gotta get to work. MWAH to all!
Old 10-27-2006, 06:51 PM

Reporting in. (Hopefully Renae and Jacqueline will, too... where are you???)

Dh is in the air as I type. My mom is here (I guess she beat TC's ). I think I'd be a lot more stressed/sad about his trip if my (dear ol') mom weren't here. I wrote a good-bye letter to dh's uncle this a.m. and cried (one of the reasons dh is going is to say good-bye to his uncle who has terminal liver cancer and is close to the end ).

I think all the house buying/selling/moving is directly related to all the #2s. Well, I guess some of it is career stuff, but some of *that* has to do with adjustments for family, too, I assume. (We did our big move a few years ago, and conceived Z within a couple of months of buying this house.)

shoes = more nutritious (if leather) books = more fiber

I'm getting my hair cut *next* Friday, but I'm going to look for some naturalish color this weekend (though I'm itching for magenta, and I don't think that's a very "natural" color).

I think we're going to try to watch the Charlie Brown special tonight. Neither boy has seen it... I'm feeling sentimental. (Or maybe just mental )
Old 10-27-2006, 07:01 PM

I just bought tickets to FL for December! w00t! My parents can't come here as originally planned (long story) so we're going there. It will be fun to have a change of pace, even though it will be in Redneckville, USA. Oh well, the white sand beach looks pretty in any weather, huh?

Glad to have DH home. He took Lily to OMSI this morning and is now napping with her upstairs. Aaah.

KK, I definitely think you should go for magenta.

I am queen of the five-minute swoop clean-up. Usually about 5 minutes before a guest arrives. : But honestly, it's mainly toddler clutter and not true dirt. The house *looks* dirty 'cause it's ancient and we have exposed lathe on several walls, but oh well.

Ok, MUST go do my online midterm. I have been procrastinating (and doing some last-minute studying) since 9:30am! Eeeep.

S.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:53 PM

Here I am checking in. G is napping and should wake up soon so my time may be short.

Sherri-whoa. Red nail polish! G dropped a bottle of my red polish in our Texas bathroom right before we listed it! Luckily, it was tile, though the white grout was a bugger to clean. Glad yours finally came out And, bummer that Grey's Anatomy was a re-run! That's one of my new fave shows...guilty pleasures.

Oh, and yay for the house offer. That's wonderful!!!

We had our first snow here yesterday morning. I'd say about 4 inches on our deck, less other places. I took G outside to play in it, but he wouldn't wear gloves or his new boots, so he ended up with cold fingers and wet feet. We promptly went to Target and got a pair of Ladybug rain boots he said we needed to take home and a couple pairs of gloves that I have no idea if he'll wear or not. Now we just have to wait for it to snow again since it's already melted.

G's naptimes have been a real struggle the last few days and he's even been giving dh a hard time going to sleep at night. The struggling has caused dh and I to feel more anger than we thought possible at a little guy who means no harm. So, we've been doing lots of deep breaths and talking about how frustrating it's been. Today I just decided I wasn't going to let him get to me, and the naptime happened with just a little fussing, as opposed to tears from each of us. I'm hoping it's just his bottom canines bothering him (yes, he doesn't have his yet...my slow teether).

Went to a new friend's house today. Met her in LLL, she's got a May 2005 baby (he and G actually have the same b-day!). We had a good time. Though her little guy went to sleep 1/2 way through our play time. I forgot how much more they used to sleep, even just a year ago. Anyway, G had a good time being the "big" boy for a change and Braden loved watching G make his toys work in ways he hadn't thought of yet. It was nice to talk to an IRL mama. I haven't had a lot of that lately.

What else, what else....oh, emmalola....go with the OPK+ (and I hope you get the house)! That's cool. I'm on day 28 of my cycle, which is actually 2-3 days longer than they are typically. I haven't been charting, though, so I'm not 100% sure of when O happened. I feel crampy, though I felt that way when I was pg with G. If I'm not bleeding by tomorrow morning, I'll take a test in the morn. I don't really have high hopes though....maybe my cycles are just getting longer (they've been on the short side since they came back).
Lisa-hope you have an offer from one of the two.

Sarah-glad dh made it home and you and L made it throught the week. We'll be doing a couple days along in another week or so.

Renae....where have you gone?

Heather, it's good to see you back.

Re: hair color: I once had my hair dyed dark red and truly loved it. I just couldn't afford to keep it up and it took 2 or so years to grow out (that's how curly hair does it, I've been told). Anyway, I really loved being a red head.

I hear rumblings from the boy, so I better go.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:07 PM

i read renae's lj and i think she's been sick and rowan's leg is hurting him so they had a doctor visit today (which was probably ~3 hours ago with the time change). i hope he's A-OK. fingers crossed xoxooxo

we have a halloween dress up party at daycare this afternoon. WILL he wear the shrek????? i have no idea. but we shall see. and i forgot my camera dangit!!

yay for mom visits!! my SIL arrives tonight. i have to do the 2 hour swoop cleaning/sheet changing/dishes before she gets here at 8:30. i stuck pot roast in the crock pot so at least dinner is done.

yay for hanging out with a new friend jaqueline. and fingers crossed for babydust (for you and ELola).

i am definitely starting to look pregnant. or at least to me anyway. that belly is poking out. not sure why...my uterus should still be down in the pelvis. i think it is pushing everything else up and out though.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Alright!

Jacqueline: check!
Claudia: check!
Sarah: Check!
Heather: check!
Lisa: check!
Jessica: check!
KK: check!
Jacquelinenugget:
Renae:
Sherri:
Beth: check!
Emmalola:
Meg:

Dude, WHERE IS RENAE?!?!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:18 PM

Yay! I got a 92%! Gotta love instant-grading online exams...

Jacqueline - yay for new friends. Always fun.

Hope Rowan's leg is ok. Thanks for the 411, jstar.

Hmmm. 9 weeks, already looking pregnant, strange twin dreams...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Old 10-27-2006, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Rooty-tootin' Ninety-two! Go you!

Glad Renae has been located. Wish she'd get her butt over here. Hope Rowan's leg is okey dokey.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:38 PM

yeah i am really starting to wonder about all these twin things but I think i'm just psyching myself out. the twin dream i had was after my mom told me that my grandma's doctor never told her she was carrying twins because he thought the chances of survival of both were slim. and so she didn't know but she had a friend who did know she was carrying twins and she would tell my grandma that she could feel one elbow up front and one move in the back (or something like that). and my grandma was thinking 'well i feel the same thing but maybe that is just because she is telling me about it' so i had a dream that a baby face and shoulders protruded out of my stomach skin so i could see the baby's face. (but it was small...the head was the size of a plum or so) and then i realized i could feel another one back by my spine. all totally because of my mom telling me that story.

i am more freaked by this:
isaac do you want a baby sister or a baby brother? 'i want TWO' a sister or a brother? 'TWO!'
isaac is there a baby growing in mama's tummy? 'two!'

i think claudia is right...he just wants to name the baby TWO! but today some salespeople came by our office and they were leaving and i stood up. and i wore a dress today and realized my stomach is pooching. so i patted it and the lady goes 'oh does that mean something?' (the man was oblivious). so i said yeah. and she stood next to me and rubbed her arm on my arm and goes 'ohh i'll rub against you for twins.' because she had twins. she did that to someone else and their dh called to tell her they were having twins. so now i'm realllllly scared

one baby would be just fine thankyouverymuch. i can't fathom the sleep deprivation from two. or the amount of stretchmarks. or ever flying anywhere ever again if we had to buy 5 plane tickets.

(good score on the exam btw!)
Old 10-27-2006, 08:44 PM

jstar: the worrying about twin thing must be a second-time-pregnant-portland-mama thing, because both fiddle and i had it, too. and yea verily on the belly poking out by week 8 or 9: happened here, too. thank goodness i bought new pants that were too big right around that time.

yay for 92%

renae: healing vibes for r's leg... we miss you...

lisa: : for offers... how's allison doing? how many weeks?

sherri: another : for offer/contract...

elola and jacquie: :

kk: have i mentioned lately how frickin' cute all your kids are? 'cause they are. really, really cute. especially little pigtail girl.

els: when are you coming back to portland, mama? obviously not this christmastime, but dangit, you gotta come back sometime in the new year so the round two babies of the original may04 mamas can meet. maybe wait until jstar's is born in the early summer... wait, amara will be mobile then, so that would be a trek and half traveling... you gotta come, though... sometime... (is that enough ellipses in this paragraph...???)

where is nuggets? probably busy, busy, busy with the girls. missing you, too.

heather: i think i missed the pumping issues... later will check back on the thread for more info. as for goat's milk, we bought a can of powdered meyenberg goat's milk and added some omega fish oils and some sunflower seed/flax seed oil mixture to it. if we were using the goat's milk supplement more often than donated breastmilk, we'd also add some iron every 2-3 days and a drop of liquid folic acid every 1-2 days. i'd actually make a quart at a time in a mason jar, add 2 tablespoons of flaxseed/sunflower seed oil, squeeze out 2 or 3 fish oil capsules and shake it all up together. it stayed good in the fridge for a few days and then we'd warm up a bottle as we needed to, although he got pretty used to having it kind of cold. feel free to ask me more questions if this isn't clear or you want more details.

hey, i just realized we haven't seen agrace around much lately either... hope she is doing okay with her girlie...

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... i hear a starbucks decaf tall 2-pump pumpkin spice soy latte calling my name later...

dang, i love the ellipsis as a form of punctuation.

~claudia
Old 10-27-2006, 09:52 PM

You need a line for Jacqueline-Nugget (that's who I meant before... I refer to Jacquie as Jacquie!!)

Have to say another catty thing.... The difference between having your own mom visit vs. your mil: when you're scurrying around during the nap, trying to tidy up, your mil says, "I need to go lie down" (and then she does) and your mom says, "Honey, you should rest" and she gets you soemthing to drink and a magazine.

We have our pumpkins, we have our face paint, we have our costumes. I have groovy health food store type puffed rice to make vegan nunnish "rice crispy squares". I don't have Halloween candy yet, because I just don't need that temptation : (I have no self-control in the Halloween candy dept.).

I had a weird dream about *Katie Holmes* last night. We went on a picnic together (to be away from any potential listening devices), and she confided in me that she really didn't want to be with Tom but that she *really* needs the $30 million. I have *no* idea where *that* came from. Els, will you interpret? Why am I KH's new best friend?

I am so psyched about the ttc stuff going on, and I'm keeping all my fingers crossed!!!

92 woo hoo!

... back atcha, TC (and thanks! )

I definitely do the swoop form of housekeeping many days. :

I did magenta occasionally in grad school (because you can look like anything in grad school!). Same for my current profession. How much magenta are you right now, MCSB? In college, I had (believe it or not) a buzz cut that I henna'ed rather red. But as *many* of my friends pointed out, my head has a funny shape, and having hair that short draws attention to that, and it was not very flattering.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

...ellipsis....I did not know it had a name! And I use it all lallllalllllllllll the time...
I think it shows a mind that just can't ever really say goodbye to a thought but just moves on to the next one.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:02 AM

KK....just laughing heartily over the Katie Holmes dream. That is too funny. I often have odd dreams with celebrities in them. I think it's great that she confided to *you* about tommy boy. Still chuckling just west of ya....

jacquie

p.s. and loving those ellipses, also......................
Old 10-28-2006, 12:46 PM

Megan here, reporting for duty! (Or as Mia would say, Aye Aye CAPtain! ) I know I'm late, boss, but I have an excuse. And I brought a note from home. My DH is out of town all weekend and it's just me and the kids. : Does it add to my sob story that he's out of town visiting his 91 yr old Grammy who is dying of pancreatic cancer? They're saying good-bye. (Lot of that going around, eh KK? ) So anyway, I hope you, BossLady Elsanne, will forgive my tardiness in reporting to the thread.

So yeah, just me and the kids this weekend. DSS went to his Mom's though, so it's just the two little ones. Yesterday we went to the a fall festival at a new regional park (used to be a pumpkin farm/patch) and it was so fun! But the kids slept in the car on the way home, and that was pretty it for a nap, so the rest of the afternoon/evening was loooooooooong. I put Mia to bed at 6:30. : Not as bad as it seems when you consider her normal bedtime when she's not had a nap is 7:00, and she was sooooo tired and being super goofy (a sign that she's ready for bed if there ever was one) and she went right to sleep, no problem. All that running around at the festival did her in. Me too.

I was so tired when we were leaving the festival, I couldn't even fathom carrying pumpkins to the car, so I nixed it and will pick some up at safeway today. How lame am I????

Okay, I wanted to post more, but Jett is waking up. But at least I'm accounted for! And I did pull us off of page 2. Surely I get a few points for that!

User Tag List