Nov/Dec '03...Its October!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2006, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ask and ye shall receive, lol.

anyone wanna see our house?? check out my sig! it should be done by tomorrow, but we still have to wait for well/septic/electricity/propane...LOL...so close, yet so far!

Sage is doing great, still throwing the fake tantrums...and she figured out how to squeal.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980 View Post

I love your house. I am envious of the land, too.

mom of 3 , homeschooling the oldest with google and the internet
Old 10-03-2006, 11:44 PM

YAY for the new thread and YAY for your new house CONGRATS.

Just when Haylee was finally getting used to daycare they called today after I picked her up and said that they are closing so she cant go there anymore : . So now we have to start all over again: . Nothing else here we have been sick for 2 weeks with upper respitory infection: :
Old 10-04-2006, 12:16 AM

I just noticed your signature Christy (before you pointed it out). please don't remind me that they're almost 3! lol. Do you guys remember when they were all about to turn 1 and we were talking about our threads being moved to the toddler forum? lol. Yeah, I'm weird. I just want time to stand still. Three is such a big number to me.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:40 AM

We're going to have our first real birthday party, with kids and everything. I think we're going to do it at the petting zoo. All of her friends from preschool have had parties, so she's got the idea down, plus there's sort of the "reciprocal expectation thing." She really wants a purple cake with flowers. She's been planning it for months! Three seems soooo big. Her preschool teacher just found out she sleeps in a crib and was appalled, said that was why she thinks of herself as a baby and that Anna should be in a big girl bed. Oy vey! I think Anna just likes to pretend to be a baby. What would the teacher think if she knew Anna still drank from bottles? :
Old 10-04-2006, 11:47 AM

Hi everyone I haven't been here much lately, I'm sorry :

Jessica is getting so big lately, it's like she grew up overnight! We got this leapfrog letter thing that goes on the fridge and says the letters and their sounds - I actually got it for Danielle for kindergarten, but Jesi plays with it a lot. She is singing letter sounds, can identifiy a few letters, it amazes me how much she picks up and how quickly!

Amy - how is the wee one? Are you adjusting to life with two?

Christy - the house looks great! I'm so excited for you!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM

oh - Shannon, it went out yesterday I sent it myself this time
Old 10-04-2006, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks yall!

DH is going to go look at the house today, (he had to work yesterday). Hopefully they got it on the foundation and closed the seam b/c its raining cats and dogs here today! :

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:23 PM

THREE?! how is this happening?!
glad to hear from everyone!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:45 PM

Hey y'all Thanks for the new thread, Christy. I found out last Monday that we have to be out of this house by Nov 1( crazy MIL rant I will spare you ) so I have been packing and getting the new house ready. :

Evan had his tubes put in and adnoids removed on Friday and he is already speaking more clearly. His allergy tests came back much better than we thought so we won't be doing shots

I'm quite overwhelmed- the twins and Evan are enough- I didn't need familiy drama and midnight packing on top of it. : :
Old 10-04-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
We're going to have our first real birthday party, with kids and everything...All of her friends from preschool have had parties, so she's got the idea down, plus there's sort of the "reciprocal expectation thing."
That's us, too. At his second birthday party ,which had cake and presents and was just family, he was still sort of "eh" about it. By his cousin's second b-day party in April, he had the idea DOWN. He's also started preschool, so he has friends his age to invite (well, he will if he stops pushing ) so it looks like there'll be a shindig at our house in a couple of months. It's a good thing, too - I have never looked forward to Christmas like I am this year!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama View Post
Hey y'all Thanks for the new thread, Christy. I found out last Monday that we have to be out of this house by Nov 1( crazy MIL rant I will spare you ) so I have been packing and getting the new house ready. :

Evan had his tubes put in and adnoids removed on Friday and he is already speaking more clearly. His allergy tests came back much better than we thought so we won't be doing shots

I'm quite overwhelmed- the twins and Evan are enough- I didn't need familiy drama and midnight packing on top of it. : :
aww Liz - I wish I could come over and help you pack. I probably wouldn't be much help with packing, but I can entertain the kiddos for you at least

I have been totally MIA around here for awhile now - I promise to try to keep up better from now on :
Old 10-04-2006, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

liz, i totally know what that's like. MIL's can suck sometimes. But think of the positives...you will be in your own house that is 2x bigger than where you are now, you will not have to answer to MIL or be under her thumb, and you don't have to open the door when she comes to visit!

Tammi! where are you?? it seems like forever since I saw you last!

Sherri, you better hang out and play with us!

Star, i remember...I can't believe how fast this has all gone by!

Nonny, witchbaby, tera,

we have made no plans for b-day parties. We'll probably think about that once we get moved into the house...(new pics in sig, took more today, they have it finished! still waiting on well/septic/electric before we can move in!)

Sage wants to be a care bear for halloween, and I'm trying to find the cheer bear costume for her that doesnt cost $36!!! : everytime I try to get one on ebay, i get outbid at the very.last.minute. : what are your kids going as for halloween??

Old 10-04-2006, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

hlnmommy and ami...

Old 10-05-2006, 01:29 PM

HI all. How is everyone hanging in here. So found out yesterday that Haylee's daycare got clodes for having too many violations : and now I feel bad for sending her there and when we try to ask her if they were mean to her she just agrees with what ever we are saying so who knows.. But anyways she is back with sil now and she is very happy about that.

Christy I am very jelous of your house!!!! CONGRATS! To answer your question Haylee is going to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader for halloween. Her daddy can be thanked for that, but she does look absoluty adorable in it!! Its not like waht the real ones wear!! it just says dalas cowboys on the front. now I just have to find some pom poms to go with it and I think I am going to have to get the special ordered. I wil post some pics of her in it.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Devonn! I hope they weren't mean to your DD! I had a friend who worked in a daycare that was accused of breaking a 18-m/o girl's arm. She didnt do it, she said the girl had been favoring the arm all day and was very whiney and crying, so she suspected her parents or someone else broke it, brought her to daycare, and "discovered" the broken arm when they picked her up. Unfortunately, there was no way to prove it was or wasnt' my friend that broke her arm, but the DA charged her anyway. My friend's lawyer got her a deal, and she took it, b/c they were not sure she would win at trial. she got 5 months probation, no jailtime. and she can never work around kids again.

Oh, and afew months later, the little girl's family got into trouble for abusing her.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM

Jessica impressed the heck out of me last night. I was asking her the sounds of letters - I didn't go in order, just threw out random letters to her and she told me the sound for over 3/4 of the letters, I was so impressed.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

wow, that's awsome!

we're still trying to learn the ABC song...

Old 10-05-2006, 03:37 PM

WAY TO GO WITH THE LETTERS!! We are more of a number kind of people here, Haylee can count to 13 and she has been since about april or may. She is also a singer, its a good 20 min drive to mil haouse in the mornings and she will sing random songs to me this morning we heard the barney song and the pirate dance song from Dora.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:13 PM

nak

we like numbers here too. we are all going as the incredibles for halloween. i need to get started making the costumes.

for those of yoy that do videos, Letter Factory is great for learning letter sounds. It is a Leap Frog vid and my speech therapist recommended it. Evan loves it and it helps tremendously in his prounouciation.

Ugh- gottta go. other babe crying
Old 10-06-2006, 12:35 AM

Hi all ...

Halloween ... I've been informed that all 4 of us (Henry, William, dh, & me) are going as ducks. H & W are the ducklings & dh & I are Mr. & Mrs. Mallard from "Make Way For Ducklings."

Birthday ... we're doing a family plus party -- a few family friends with kids plus the family. He's terribly excited about the cake and candles. I wanted to do a Little Einsteins theme but there are no decorations out there yet although I did find instructions for making a Rocket cake, which I'm going to try to do. Doesn't Disney realize how much money they could make off of me with Little Einsteins merchandising?

William is the anti-Henry -- mellow mellow mellow. He can actually be put down and remain content for more than 3 seconds. He's a good sleeper, too. Such a refreshing change! The adjustment has been a little rough. I'm not sure if all the insane behavior is due to age, illness, William, being almost weaned, or a combination. Nevertheless, I spend most of my days feeling :

Henry does love his little brother. Loves to give him hugs and such. Unfortunately, that also means sharing cooties, so they're both nursing their second colds since Labor Day. I'm completely used to having two. Seems like it has always been this way. However, among the locals, I am apparently some sort of freak for having done the following by myself with 2 kids, with the baby just over 6 weeks old (most of this was started when William was about 2-3 weeks old): gone to the park; down full grocery shopping and errands; gone to storytime at the library; and generally appeared in public. Maybe I'm nuts, but if I don't go get food, no one else will, so there you have it.

Christy ... congrats on the house!

Liz ... glad Evan is feeling better. Hope he continues to improve.

Letter learners ... www.starfall.com is excellent. Henry LOVED this site for a long time.

Gotta go get myself ready for bed.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:19 AM

Quote:

anyone wanna see our house?? check out my sig! it should be done by tomorrow, but we still have to wait for well/septic/electricity/propane...LOL...so close, yet so far!

Sage is doing great, still throwing the fake tantrums...and she figured out how to squeal.
awesome cristie.
seemsi have 2 pages to catch up on.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star View Post
I just noticed your signature Christy (before you pointed it out). please don't remind me that they're almost 3! lol. Do you guys remember when they were all about to turn 1 and we were talking about our threads being moved to the toddler forum? lol. Yeah, I'm weird. I just want time to stand still. Three is such a big number to me.
I think I was the biggest protester on that one star.
I do remember so well.
I dont want my little witch to turn 3.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:24 AM

Quote:

I am so glad to read that my future son-in-law is doing better.
Give him a huge squeeze for me please.

I am sorry to hear about the drama crap.
Maybe you'll have better news as i read on??
Old 10-10-2006, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnymoose View Post
so he has friends his age to invite (well, he will if he stops pushing )
Jelly wont stop pushing.
9 times out of 10 though she's just trying to play though but the other kids just dont know that
Old 10-10-2006, 03:48 AM

Quote:

Tammi! where are you?? it seems like forever since I saw you last!

we have made no plans for b-day parties. We'll probably think about that once we get moved into the house...(new pics in sig, took more today, they have it finished! still waiting on well/septic/electric before we can move in!)

Sage wants to be a care bear for halloween, and I'm trying to find the cheer bear costume for her that doesnt cost $36!!! : everytime I try to get one on ebay, i get outbid at the very.last.minute. : what are your kids going as for halloween??
Sorry christie-
I am being a bad
nov/dec 03 momma
I have been posting a little bit less here (only the last week or so) but i am a bad "03 mama"
I have just been posting quick to thread and say "i'll be back" and forget when i do come back. I am a naughty mama.
Jelly has still been trying to talk up a storm. Mostly only I know what she's saying still. I loved it tofay though when i ceaned her little leg up(something sticky) and I said" thank you mama" and she repeated me,
she **** isnt going on the potty. I wish she would though cause I have been dealing with stupid cd cleaning problems and it's been making me crazy.:
She made a new friend when Jonathan started school. Hannah is a week older tha her (her brother is in the same class as Jonathan)
Boy can that girl talk!!! Not sure how I feel about it yet though cause she is always saying she is happy to see jelly but talks about how she's (jelly) a baby and never wants to share her toys with her. I think she thinks jelly is a "baby" cause she doesnt talkas well and she still sees her in a stroller when we get jonathan (jelly doesnt listen to me very well and needs to be dragged from the park area all the time which is why i bring her stroller)
Hopefully it'll all work out well cause we both need irl friends and she can be a sweet little girl when she wants to be.
gotta go, it's so late and i have to be up at 7am!!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:56 AM

Quote:

Oh
I was thinking about asking paul about doing the "big party" and his moms or jellys Godparents house this year.
It's such a pain to clean up ever so perfect(at home, 60 miles away) here to find out that half the family isnt coming and we could have a cake here on her birthday for the 2 whole neighbors we invite locally on her actual birthaday.

we'll see.

Jelly loves the care bears but she also loves mickey mouse and i have that size costume that will fit her. She also loves nemo and last year she was squirt so i will see which she likes better and go from there. I also have a tinkerbell costume I bought on sale at disney store.... we'll see.

get a sniper program if you dont have one christie. at least one snipe per week is free!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys View Post
Jessica impressed the heck out of me last night. I was asking her the sounds of letters - I didn't go in order, just threw out random letters to her and she told me the sound for over 3/4 of the letters, I was so impressed.

Way to go Jessica!!

Did you do that after after talking to me by any chance??
Old 10-10-2006, 04:02 AM

Quote:
nak

we like numbers here too. we are all going as the incredibles for halloween. i need to get started making the costumes.

for those of yoy that do videos, Letter Factory is great for learning letter sounds. It is a Leap Frog vid and my speech therapist recommended it. Evan loves it and it helps tremendously in his prounouciation.

Ugh- gottta go. other babe crying
we are leapfrog freaks in this house ow.
Jelly can sound most of the letters and says alot of them too. I LOVE listening to her try and sing the abc's when we're in the car and the cd is playing.
She is so vocal in the car.

A word i love this week-
Movie is "moomie"
Old 10-10-2006, 04:02 AM

k, nighty night. :

User Tag List