June '05ers... :) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2006, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
drumroll please.....

He ATE!!!

I dont know how many calories..but he ate.

I know he had part of a jar of bananas, and most of a jar of apples and chicken, plus a bite or two of vegan waffle!

andmaybe 8 oz of neocate jr...

that is more than he has eaten in a week..

I dont know if its the medicine or not...he had only had one dose so far, but man we are glad..

now to see if he eats again tomorrow..

cross those fingers@!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2006, 01:58 AM
mcs

horah for schuyler!
eat. eat. eat.....

hilger left before i woke and didn't get home till 9-30 tonight. boy am i tired.

hattoo- so happy that i could make you laugh- i don't know if anyone else did. sometimes it is like a graveyard around here. that drugging stuff is serious though- i just can't beleive it. people are absolutly insane.

emmy- can't wait to see the halloween pictures! does cully have enough hair for a mohawk?

fey and kat- hope you all start feeling better soon.
goodnight, mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Yay Schuy!!! :
Old 10-25-2006, 01:38 PM
mcs

hey, speaking of a graveyard, where is everyone? we are headed into the city today to get our family pass to the nyu gym and to our friends poetry reading. i hope that eisa will sit still for that, but i guess that i will be entertaining her in the hallway. hopefully they have snacks!
i went to tj max yesterday and bought a wooden tool set for only seven dollars, i would also like to get eisa a set of musical instruments for christmas- any suggestions?
and on a sewing note- i am going to buy two of those indian silk/wool scarfs in china town and make them into curtains for the living room. my idea is to buy them in white and draw up a design for my print maker friend to print onto them. i am having trouble designing something that i like though- it was much more simple as just a thought. the sewing should be a cintch though.

well, they are doing construction outside of our house and the noise is making me crazy! i am going to make an escape to tthe kitchen.

eat schuyler eat. eat......
this is my days mantra.
mcs

Old 10-25-2006, 01:46 PM

I'm so glad Schuyler ate for you. By the way, I love the name Schuyler.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
Old 10-25-2006, 02:48 PM

Yay Schuyler!!! EAT, BOY, EAT!

mcs, forgive me for being dense, I'm sure you posted about this, but...are you guys back in SI? If you are, when are you free for a get-together/playdate thingie?

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 10-25-2006, 03:39 PM

Schuy
keep up the good eating!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Old 10-25-2006, 04:18 PM

Schuyler! Way to go! I can't wait for the day you are complaing about the grocery bill because he is eating you out of house and home!

Glad to us on page one!

Claire still has a runny nose. She doesn't seem too crabby about it. It's just annoying because it is so constant.

DH is starting to enjoy kindermusik more.

Claire discovered raisens this weekend. She loves them. We're going to get some so she can munch on them at church.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:33 PM

Yay, Schuyler!

Mcs, that all sounds so much like big city fun. A little jealous here.

We went to the Natural History Museum with my mom today, which was good fun -- it is kind of old-fashioned, much of it hasn't changed since I went as a kid. Unfortunately though Danny seems sick -- he's a little feverish and his pee smells awful. Hope this passes soon.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:17 PM

i hate how winter brings sick babes

hope everyone feels bette soon!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Old 10-26-2006, 01:38 PM
mcs

i am just stepping in to save us from page 3.

preg.michelle- i just saw a little family music place here the other day and was thinking that it would be fun for the winter blues- so, does claire like it, does she "get" it? what exactly do they do?

sharron anne- yup, i'm back and it would be real nice to get together some time. i think that your schedule is a little more scheduled than mine, so let me know when a good time would be. we should have a house warming party in a few weeks- you could come for that if we don't meet before.

melissa- you asked before if i miss the country and the answer is- not really. i am pretty bothered by this weeks construction starting at seven, but i am really feeling good to be back with people. i wouldn't be too jealous about a poetry reading though- aha! i don't know what i was thinking! it was in a little studio with no place to take eisa- she was really good, but even a "good" baby is too loud for an event like that. what was most embarassing though, was that this lady who read a poem had her maybe 3 or 4 year old daughter there and she made an apology for her behavior and said that they would be leaving right after she finished! this little girl was so sweet and they didn't bring her toys or anything and then the mother wanted her to sit in the very front and just be quiet. give me a break.

also, a lady from an advertising company was there and she said that gap was looking for baby models and that i should take eisa. i won't, but i really like the compliment. kinda stupid of me, i know, but still i like it.

i miss nancy too.

ok, i have rambled quite long enough- that should take us to the top of the top of page one again.
mcs

Old 10-26-2006, 02:07 PM

he's still eating!! he also has an icky runny nose now..bleh. it has been cold here, and is going to hit 61 tomorrow, then cold for good.

its also going to rain ALL day tomorrow.

He is doing well eating tho..he ate restaurant chicken and potatoes yesterday, and ate some bfast for me this am.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:37 PM

bama: what was the name of the new med? Wow is he ever eating!

mcs: at kindermusik DH and Claire are in the very intro class. In hindsight, the class that starts at 18 months might have been better, but they can do that next. At this class the kids can range in age from a few weeks up to 18 months. There is a lot of parent/baby bonding. Singing to your child, cuddling, etc. Very touchy feely. Claire is liking the songs, but she is one of the more mobile kids, so she does walk around alot in class. She likes looking at the babies.

Claire was trying to drink her babyfood last night. She took the jar and was holding it up and trying to drink from it. Crazy girl.

Sorry for all you grey's fans. Just reruns for you tonight.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry for all you grey's fans. Just reruns for you tonight.
Really? That stinks!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:46 PM

I never got into Grey's...

I do Lost, occasionally Extreme Home Makeover, that's it.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
he ate restaurant chicken and potatoes yesterday
way to go Schuy! Spud will rarely eat that. i hope it keeps going up bama!

Old 10-26-2006, 06:50 PM

Hi Ladies! I've posted here a few times in the past, but I'm mostly in the May '05 group since dd was due in may...
But I thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone. I can't believe how big dd is getting. We are just getting over being sick here, too, it sucks. She hates being sick, it makes her mad when her post nasal drip makes her choke. I was just looking on my wall of the Christmas portrait we had taken of her last year, it's amazing how much she's grown in a year. I can't even believe it. She was such a baby last Chrismas and now she's just getting so big.

I'm pregnant again and this babe has the same exact due date as dd... we'll see if it's actually born in May this time, though I doubt it since dd was 15 days past her edd. It's been hard being pg and keeping up with her. Especially her nursing demands. I actually just night weaned her to make nighttime a little easier on me. She was such an avid night nurser and I never thought it would happen, but it was suprisingly easy to wean her. It only took two nights of rocking/cuddling/crying for about 10-15 minutes and that was it. Then she would whine a little when we would get into bed, but now, it's been a week and a half and she just lays down with me and snuggles. She likes to lay on top of me to fall asleep, which is something she never did before, and unfortunately won't be able to do for long since I'm sort of starting to show... but I'll enjoy her warm cuddles for now. Well, my preggo belly is starting to feel really hungry all of the sudden so I better go make myself something to eat before it gets crazy... you know how it goes...

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 10-26-2006, 07:17 PM

Isn't that crazy to have the same due date! Cool!

Old 10-26-2006, 11:41 PM

rescuing us from page 2.
come everyone! i need an excuse not to do homework!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 01:14 AM

Personals... I'm going to split them up so I don't lose one giant post.

Bama
I guess MCLisa figured out a way to help you remember my screen name. And here I was worried that it seemed like I was in or from Kentucky. I'm sorry to hear about the feeding tube trials and delay, especially since he seems to want to eat, but so glad to hear that he did with the meds.

We had our own (much smaller) scare with DS' weight. A month ago he was back to the weight he was last December (pre-surgery) so the doc said to feed him more as long as he's signing "more" unless he's eating til he pukes. So we did. You would not believe the amount of food he can put away. No wonder he was banging his head on the floor and screaming when we would stop feeding him before! I felt like I had been abusing him, albeit unwittingly, but still! We went for a weight check today and he's up to 16lbs 4oz which means he gained over a pound in the past month. So, luckily, no referral to a nutritionist. I just get to spend 1-1.5 hrs feeding him at each meal. I will be so glad when I can put lots of bites on his tray and they'll go in his mouth instead of mostly on the floor. That boy really prefers a clean tray! Anyway, I know my story is nothing like yours, but I was sure on pins and needles for the last month.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:16 AM

Personals, cont.

Anne
I haven't thrown up since that one time so I'm not taking anything. My cousin loaned me her Sea-Bands and they seem to bring me down to a level I can manage.

Mamita
I finally got that book you recommended about tandem nursing. Amazon had it on back order for awhile. Unfortunately, DS weaned himself (NOT DH, I typed DS and I meant DS). We decided not to send the book back because that would be like asking to get pregnant a 3rd time while I'm nursing #2. I'd rather spare myself the karma and just donate the book to some other mama along with my whole library when we decide we are done getting preggers.

MCS
I did run the vacuum. Once. Didn't help, but it woke up DS. :-) Saltines annoy me, so I switched to Ritz. The veggie ones are tasty. Now if it feels like a bad morning I put on the Sea-Bands before I get up. DH wants me to get the Rx prenatal vitamins that I had last time, but they didn't really do anything for my nausea so I don't see the point in added the expense.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:20 AM

Personals, the last one

Melissa
We decided just this week to not let DS watch TV during the day. There was an article that DH read on Salon.com about it's possible relationship to autism. I blogged about it here http://kyouell.blogspot.com/2006/10/whats-new.html and included links to the article and the AAP stand on TV. I'm not sure I buy a causal relationship between tv and autism, but since autism is something we are on the watch for (DH feels he sometimes has "autistic tendencies" and it is chronically undiagnosed in kids with Down syndrome), I just don't feel we can accept the risk on DS' part. Especially since he sometimes would turn to it and just seem to switch off. Except for credits. He would clap at the credits and yell for us to come in the room and watch them with him. I have no idea why. And this is not to say that he sees no TV because we do watch it in the evenings and sometimes he's around, but at least I've stopped having it on for no other reason than background noise. Now, how I get him to stop staring at the computer screen when I'm sitting here on MDC I have no clue!

Famousmockngbrd
I don't think we met before. We still just have the 2 front lower teeth and that's all. We never had the tons of drooling or anything, just mom getting bit!

Hattoo
The paisley dress was my favorite! Looking at those sure makes me wish DS was toddling. He still just scoots on his butt -- mostly to the right so if he's just in a diaper without pants over his right butt cheek comes scooting on out! He has just decided (after seeing his cousin toddle on Saturday) that maybe standing is worthwhile and has started trying it out.

Whew! I'm caught up! Let's see if I can stay that way.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:36 AM

Kathleen! We miss you girl..stay current!

Where is Emmy? Are you that busy??

We had ds evaluated by Early Intervention yesterday, and we should hear something soon.

there were things the woman noticed that I didnt catch...so we'll see what the verdict is.

Well, Dh is home, so I'll go. Unexpected three day weekend!! Woohoo!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:49 AM

yay kathleen! gald you're still posting with us. this is so exciting with so many of us expecitng again

have a good 3-day weekend bama!

goofy ds moment today
we've been taking him to the mall at night so he can run around and burn off energy before bed (definitely working btw) and today, he came up to a family sitting on a bench and just started "talking" to them. then he started dancing for them! dh and i just stared like "wth is our child doing?!" he could have been a little monkey with a tip jar! he is so fearless that it scares me sometimes. he also has this odd fascination with shoe stores. he LOVES looking at shoes. definitely mama's boy

Old 10-27-2006, 12:23 PM

good morning everyone!!!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 PM

good morning mamas... we had a really bad night last night... i've been sick since monday and last night istra came down with it... basically didn'tt sleep all nightt because she couldn't breathe. she slept in till 10 this morning, which was nince. she was really groggy when she woke up... didn't actually want to get up... and now she is sitting in her highchair playinng with the buckle... seems in betterr spirits.

she also seems to be weaning ... nice timing... arghh. she's only nursed twice this week... she goes a few days without nursing and then she'll nurse once andn thten that's it.

i think we're going to have a nice warm bath... bake some cookies and just take it easy today.

bama... so glad to hear schuy ate... hope he keeps it up.
jenn/eaglevoice... i used to post in the may 2005 thread because dd was due in june but born in may. i'm also now lurking in the may 2007 ddc. so i will see you around.
kathleen... nice to see you posting and glad you'rre not throwing up anymore... but even just nausea sucks. sigh.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:58 PM

Good day!! It's Hallowe'en in High Level today (at least for the little ones). If anyone else's town or city does this, Happy Hallowe'en!!!!

I'm dressing Sage in an orange shirt and black pants with little Hallowe'en socks to go to the toy lending library for "Move and Groove" and tonight, she'll be a ladybug (if I can finish her costume). My sewing machine is acting up but I think I just need a better needle. I'm sewing through 4 layers of cotton and 2 of fleece finishing the hem, so I think it's too thick for the poor thing. Wish me luck! The hat's done, so she can at least have little antennaes!

Congratulations Kathleen! Welcome to our informal due date club. When DS scoots on his butt, does he end up wearing out pants or diapers on that side?

Bama - great news for Schuyler!! Keep on eating little man!!!

On the topic of book recommending, I'm reading Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline by Becky A. Bailey and so far I'm very impressed. It's all about disciplining through love instead of fear. I'm only on the second chapter but already have tried some of the exercises and they work!!!

Have a great day!
Old 10-27-2006, 03:29 PM
mcs

hello- we just had maybe our most terrible night ever. eisa and i woke up in the end at noon! sounds nice- feels awful. i feel acctually, like i have a terrible hangover. i think i will start my period today- i just feel so weird and overwhelmed and emotional. i really have no idea what the "trouble" was and that is really frusterating. i don't think it is her teeth again, she isn't sick, she isn't meeting any new milestones......she was just up for a night of screaming misery. maybe a tummy ache?
ok, i think i have to get us out of the house so i feel like we are in the living world. thanks for letting me feel sorry for myself.

mcs

Old 10-27-2006, 04:07 PM

wow, seems like sleepless nights all around, huh? We've had three really bad nights in a row, I am running on empty. I don't know if it's teeth or what. I tried giving him tylenol, didn't seem to make a difference. I think I feel a bottom molar (the gum is really squishy and soft). But yeah, I'm operating on about 4 hours total over the last 3 nights, so I'm an animated corpse right now.

Have been trying to read, but haven't been able to do personals at all so I haven't posted.

Bama - let us know what happens with EI stuff, okay? Good to hear that the meds seem to be working. That's some good news you needed. :

working from home is becoming more and more of a struggle as he gets older. And of course, my work load has increased, so I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed most days. Trying to strike a balance!
Old 10-27-2006, 04:25 PM

but it's taking a hour almost to settle down and sleep. Locke acts like he's uncomfortable.

mamas with sleep deprivation.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:

User Tag List