Mothering Forum banner

June '05ers... :)

6K views 256 replies 22 participants last post by  bamamom 
#1 ·
Still cutting eye teeth. At least one of the top ones has cut partially through... there's a dot there.
Can't get in there to check on the others, but sleep SUCKS right now so I know they're working on it. Still snotty... probably leftover cold, ear infection clearing and teething all combined. Not fun. She wakes at night all grumpy and congested. What do you all use for congestion?? Medicine wise.

She is being SOOO silly today. Just goofy silly. Walking around stomping and doing this big exaggerated clapping and spinning. Cracking us up. She loves to point out (i.e. poke) your eyes, nose and ears. She also likes "hay-yer", you know, the stuff on your head? She loves to "cuh-ker" with markers and crayons like her brothers. She also likes to sit at the table and eat with them and play with clay... she has really been trying to fit in with them lately. If they have both have a bowl of something, she runs to find a bowl and sits down with them. Too cute. Okay... better run before i ramble on for too long here.

See less See more
#152 ·
Claire still has her cold. It's been several weeks now. It's still clear when it drains (and makes great nose bubbles) so I don't think she needs antibiotics. I just want her to be better! She's sleeping good other than being up twice during the night to eat!

#153 ·
Well, the home health nurses are coming out to put in his tube .

He just isnt taking in enough.

I've been so freaking mad about this whole thing, being trapped in this maze of uncooperative people who wont help us.

I really feel like the doctor is just humoring me.
:

anyway.

I'll keep y'all posted.

#154 ·
oh bama- so sorry that the meds didn't work. let us know how it goes.

preg. michelle- could claire have allergies? or is it just one cold and then another?

eisa has been having diaria (sp) for several days now. she has a little cold (little clear runny nose, occasional cough, sneeze) and is a little whiny, but mostly seems energetic and happy enough. it is mucosy and smells and at least 2 times a day. i don't know, does D. from teething smell bad? i read up in dr. sears, but am still left wondering if i shold worry. we don't have a ped. here yet.

and she wakes.....
mcs

#158 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcs View Post
eisa has been having diaria (sp) for several days now. she has a little cold (little clear runny nose, occasional cough, sneeze) and is a little whiny, but mostly seems energetic and happy enough. it is mucosy and smells and at least 2 times a day. i don't know, does D. from teething smell bad? i read up in dr. sears, but am still left wondering if i shold worry. we don't have a ped. here yet.

and she wakes.....
mcs
Claire has enough food allergies so she doesn't deserve environmental allergies too!!! We've all had colds so I think she is just picking up them from us. She just drips and we have to chase her with a kleenex.

I don't think I would worry about the diarrhea. (don't you wish there was a spell check sometimes?). As long as she's staying hydrated and you can keep her bottom from getting too red and irritated you should be OK.

#159 ·
does anyone make their own wipes? I think there is suppose to be a certain paper towel you use, but I couldn't remember what it is. A friend wanted to know and I told her that she should just use the softest ones that she can find.

#161 ·
mcs - we have many pairs of wool socks
but thanks anyways.

bama -

Vent session - We were at the Toy Library today for 'Move and Groove'. It's about 15 - 20 minutes of listening to different kids songs and dancing with actions. Lots of fun. The library is open to the kids from 10 am - 12 pm, so the rest of the time is unorganized play. The limit on kids ages is from 0 - 6, most are in the 1-3 year old range. It's an excellent opportunity for socializing.
BUT...It's becoming more and more apparent that most of the mums (especially of older kids) are there just for their own socializing. I can understand how tempting this is, but there is no excuse for not watching your children. It's getting to the point that it's no fun anymore. There used to be just one 2 year old boy who would hit and push the other kids but now there are 3 or 4 of them and it's getting worse. As I was putting Sage in her snowsuit to leave, this 20 month old started whacking her on the back of the head with a toy. Another occasion saw Sage getting pushed down the slide. I have started disciplining these children for their mothers. I know that may be taboo but since they're not watching their kids, they have no idea that I'm doing it. I want Sage to learn to stand up for herself and if she doesn't see me standing up for her now, I'm scared she'll think this is acceptable behaviour from other children. Very frustrating. Thanks for listening.

#164 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Claire has enough food allergies so she doesn't deserve environmental allergies too!!! We've all had colds so I think she is just picking up them from us. She just drips and we have to chase her with a kleenex.

I don't think I would worry about the diarrhea. (don't you wish there was a spell check sometimes?). As long as she's staying hydrated and you can keep her bottom from getting too red and irritated you should be OK.
Firefox 2.0 runs a spellcheck like MS word... I love it!

Meli- those guys are supercute, what are you talking about?

bama - tube update?
nak

#165 ·
Meli: the boys look great!

bama: thanks for the paper towel name.

How can an afternoon be slow and dragging, yet I know it will get super busy here soon and I'll be wondering how I'm going to get all of my work done????

I'm ready to go home and go to bed. I need some sleep!

#166 ·
Thanks, guys. They were SO much cuter in person though.

I loved seeing everyone's Halloween babies, though thedy are hardly babies any more, sigh.

Bad financial stuff always makes me tense and angry, and dh has confounded the problem by (a) eating the (organic!) chicken breasts I had cooked for the kids' dinner -- for his lunch, and (b) sneaking a check out of the checkbook, writing a $100 check for his credit card, and sneaking an entry into the checkbook two weeks later. He is TERRIBLE with credit, simply cannot be trusted with a credit card. I hate this -- it is really like having a third child. I hate what it does to our checking account, and I hate what it does to our relationship.
:

#168 ·
melissa- that would put me in a bad mood too.
the boys are cute! that look on miles' face is hysterical!

so bama- i found two coats on sale on the hannah anderson web site. for toddlers- but in the picture they don't look that warm- are their coats always super warm? it doesn't specify "parka" or give any indication of superness, but maybe that is implied? anyway, i don't want to spend the money if they arn't real warm b/c we already have one o.k. coat.
sorry that the waiting game is still going on. what will happen, will nurses come everyday or just for the start up?

eisa is going crazy with the mouse- gtg
mcs

#171 ·
meli-my dh is the same way. i have his credit card hidden and only give it to him on his business trips. i keep the checkbook stashed as well. it's sad, but he just can't handle himself with money and we're not in a place financially where if he goes overboard, we;ll be ok.
:

bama-they're having you and dh put the tube in?!? or is that only if he pulls it out more than twice?

heather-ugh, that would be annoying. it's not fee babysitting, they're supposed to be INTERACTING with their kids. good luck with that.

#172 ·
%^%$^#$%^#$%@*^&*%&*$%^#$%@#$%!#$%!#$%&*^&#$%^@#$! ~##$%@#$%#^#$%^#$%&#%^&$%^

idiots

wont put the tube in til monday.

they couldnt get the order all together a pparently.

i'm not happy.

anne...its standard to teach parents how to put the tube in and out, so they can do it if the kids pull it out.

#173 ·
page 3?!
where is everyone?

i have the flu so that's where i've been. ds is sick too
: hope everyone else is having a better weekend then we are!

#174 ·
Page 3??? This is really sad.

Bama - How's everything going? Are they back to put the tube in today??

I went to a Pampered Chef party on Friday night and some of the mothers (of the older kids) from the Toy Library were there and were saying how they remembered having the younger kids and thinking of the older ones "why aren't their mothers watching them?" and now they're those moms who have the crazy, hitting kids. I just sat, smiled and nodded. I shouldn't judge. I don't have two kids yet. I hope I'll be different, but I don't know what it'll be like.

On another note, I think I officially went crazy yesterday. This pregnancy has me way more emotional than the last one and I just cried all day over the littlest of things. I think I scared DH a bit. Sage was sweet, she gave me hugs when I was upset.

#175 ·
I hope they put it in today. I talked with the woman at the medical supply place, and she is having a hard time getting the specifics of the order.

She has to have it written down from the doctor, and all the stupid doctor's office did was write a generic order such as " NG Tube feeds, 50mls / hr, 9 hrs per night"

She is working on it.

I told her we could do the tube in a pinch with the home health nurses, while she works on the other parts.

We have tubing, and tape, and she has the pump, bags, and neocate.

We'll see.

#176 ·
Heather, now that you mention it, although my Miles is an angel (ha! but he's not one to beat up on other kids, anyway) Danny does tend to take 90% of my attention and it is easy to lose track.

It's those non-AP kids you have to watch out for, IMO.....

We had a busy weekend and the house is trashed -- need to clean this afternoon. I have five days to go before payday, and so far, so good, with a lot of economizing and selling things. Phew! I don't want to do this again soon; it should encourage me to be more thrifty.

Mcs, if you are coming to Cleveland, please let me know! I would love see you all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.