June '05ers... :) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 257 Old 11-15-2006, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And one more thing:

DH and I are going out for supper just the two of us for the first time since Sage was born. Very exciting! We've left her with our parents before but usually end up grocery shopping or something practical like that. This is our first real date and we need it!!!
#242 of 257 Old 11-15-2006, 04:23 PM

have fun heather!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#243 of 257 Old 11-15-2006, 05:25 PM

Heather - Cullen usually takes a nap in the early afternoon for about 2 hours (if I'm lucky...it's more like 3 for the babysitter). He gets up at around 7, and goes to bed around 8:30.
#244 of 257 Old 11-15-2006, 05:33 PM

have fun heather! dh and i had our first night out not too long ago too! and then last week i had a night out "with the girls" -- that is, my old prenatal class... all the moms and no babies! it was really fun. we went to a spanish tapas restaurant and watched one of the other moms who is a flemenco dancer. she was amazing! now i know how she keeps so fit!

i got to hear baby #2's heartbeat today. that was nice. i also found out that i'm measuring big... my uterus is all the way up to my belly button at week 15 and i think it's suppoesd to be there at 20 (right?). i *know* i have my dates right... so maybe there's more than one in there? ahhh.. wouldn't that be wild? i don't think there is though... my mw said it might just be because this is #2 and things generally happen quickly/early with #2. i'm having the "anatomical" u/s in 3 weeks so then we will know for sure.

must go work on thesis!
#245 of 257 Old 11-15-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattoo View Post
And yippee - I just noticed the new breastfeeding symbol Very nice!!
This guy lives in the same town as me. I just sent a notice to the local tv station. Maybe he'll get a little publicity.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#246 of 257 Old 11-15-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattoo View Post
This is our first real date and we need it!!!
Have fun! Enjoy being a couple!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#247 of 257 Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-stasis View Post
i got to hear baby #2's heartbeat today. that was nice. i also found out that i'm measuring big... my uterus is all the way up to my belly button at week 15 and i think it's suppoesd to be there at 20 (right?). i *know* i have my dates right... so maybe there's more than one in there? ahhh.. wouldn't that be wild? i don't think there is though... my mw said it might just be because this is #2 and things generally happen quickly/early with #2. i'm having the "anatomical" u/s in 3 weeks so then we will know for sure.
I've showed more easier after #1. I measured ahead with Claire pretty much the entire time and she was my biggest.

#248 of 257 Old 11-15-2006, 11:56 PM

oh yeah, after all those miscarriages, I measured WAY big with dd and ds. In fact, I was showing at 6 weeks with both. Unbelievable.

and we get a day off Friday!! My parents are coming up, and just me and dh are going out!! Kid free!!

We cant decide what to do with ourselves!
#249 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 02:31 AM

alone? what's that mean ? we have to wait til Christmas when my mum will watch ds and then we get to go to the movies

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#250 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 02:18 PM

Hey, has anyone heard from angel (Bonnie)?? It occurred to me last night that she disappeared very abruptly.
#251 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
and we get a day off Friday!! My parents are coming up, and just me and dh are going out!! Kid free!!

We cant decide what to do with ourselves!
1. dinner
2. hotel room

#252 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamohumm6 View Post
Hey, has anyone heard from angel (Bonnie)?? It occurred to me last night that she disappeared very abruptly.
Emmy, I was just thinking about her recently. We've not heard from her in a long time.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#253 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 03:20 PM
mcs

well, we are on page 13- maybe if someone starts a new thread bonnie will come back. seems like she stopped writting as often after she got the new house and then suddenly not at all.

sharron anne- yea, we should try again after thanksgiving till then we have a crazy schedule.

speaking of which- melissa- it is final, we are coming to cleveland on the tuesday and wensday before thanksgiving. it will be a quick trip, but if we can work it out, it would be nice to meet you. i know that hilger wants to go to the art museam on tues.- are you anywhere close? i guess that we will leave early afternoon on wens. so we can help my mom prepare for the next day.

did i mention that my brother gets out of prison for thanksgiving? oyo boy-o another great holiday coming up. hopefully though, i will be able to meet my new neice. it is also my fathers 60th b-day which is why i finnally consented to go.

heather- hope that you had a great time last night!

melissa- that was really nice of you to send the announcment to the tv station. i hope he gets a lot of press for it.

so these are the things that fill eisa's time when we are at home-
keys, keys, keys which key will work?
put a chopstick in the hole in the floor or pretend it is a screwdriver
"changing" babies diapers and rocking them
covering anything that could be a baby with anything that could be a blanket
in-out in-out of rocking chair
books and books
sitting in a big box in the dining room
chasing cats
more keys keys keys

what are the rest up to these days?

over and out
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#254 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 05:14 PM

Mcs, would love to see you -- we should pm each other and get emails, phones, etc. Is the Art Museum open? It's been closed for renovations for a while -- be warned that if it is open, it is only in a very limited way. The Natural History Museum is right next door, so maybe Hilger could get his art fix and we could visit with the kids at the other museum.

Had a fun morning visiting a fire station and then seeing some old LLL friends for lunch. We were all talking about adopting, having a third child, etc. -- nice to know I'm not the only one feeling very ambivalent.

Danny still loves to empty things out, esp. the DVD/video cabinet and Miles's dresser drawers.

and he said "juice" the other day!
#255 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 05:47 PM

claire loves hiding in a big box. She'll disappear for a bit and then crawl out shouting "Boo!" I also have a bunch of boxes from creative memories that she likes to have stacked so she can knock them down.

My latest idea to distract her during dirty diaper changes (she has at least 3 a day because of all of the fiber/bulk in her vegan diet) is to play this Working Out Care Bear. It sings songs and moves a bit. She gets a kick out of it and it keeps her hands out of the diaper region.

Speaking of diapers. Someone must be desparate for pampers points. I bought a pack of diapers at the grocery store and while in the check out line I noticed a small hole in the packaging on the side. It was so small I didn't think too much about it until I got home and opened the package. Someone broke through the package so as to get the pampers points.: I would have liked them since I actually bought the diapers.

#256 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 06:53 PM

MCLisa... i'll be sure to share that info with dh!!

And bonnie , the last time she posted, said that she was so busy with house disaster/repair in the new place, that she had no time to post!

I'll start us a new t hread....
#257 of 257 Old 11-16-2006, 06:55 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page