Mothering Forum banner

June '05ers... :)

6K views 256 replies 22 participants last post by  bamamom 
#1 ·
Still cutting eye teeth. At least one of the top ones has cut partially through... there's a dot there.
Can't get in there to check on the others, but sleep SUCKS right now so I know they're working on it. Still snotty... probably leftover cold, ear infection clearing and teething all combined. Not fun. She wakes at night all grumpy and congested. What do you all use for congestion?? Medicine wise.

She is being SOOO silly today. Just goofy silly. Walking around stomping and doing this big exaggerated clapping and spinning. Cracking us up. She loves to point out (i.e. poke) your eyes, nose and ears. She also likes "hay-yer", you know, the stuff on your head? She loves to "cuh-ker" with markers and crayons like her brothers. She also likes to sit at the table and eat with them and play with clay... she has really been trying to fit in with them lately. If they have both have a bowl of something, she runs to find a bowl and sits down with them. Too cute. Okay... better run before i ramble on for too long here.

See less See more
#3 ·
davina- really cute about gwyn trying to fit in. it is sweet that she has two big brothers.
so, we got a new cat tonight. he is gigantic. really enormous and seems very sweet, but aware of his size. poor blue is under the bed. i think they will come along though b/c so far we havn't had a fight, just hissing and hiding. maybe it will cure the baby itch for me for a bit.

#4 ·
ds id doing the same thing with the spinning, clapping and huge exaggerated(sp..it's so late) movements. today he started growling like a monster. he's learning so many things so quickly, it just amazes me. currently, ds is sick as am i. we're going to try and get back into the ped tomorrow. this is just getting rediculous (again, sp, sorry)
:

#5 ·
subbing. Hi guys. Worn out today -- went to a homeschoolers' Halloween party which would have been great fun if Miles didn't freak out .... AGAIN. Then when we got home Danny yanked an earring out of my ear -- thankfully didn't tear my ear but did ruin the earring. I just don't have the patience for it today ... downed a big box of Milk Duds and put a pizza in the oven for dinner.

#8 ·
pass around the milk duds! long day here too. ds is acting really weird around dh. he will be "fine" (not whiney, pissy, destructive, etc..) all day but the minute dh comes home he turns into a terror. the odd part is, he will say "daddy?" all day long and seem to be looking for dh throughout the day but then has this behavoir when dh actually comes home. so weird. plus, i think my boobs grew 2 sizes over night. my colostrum came in yesterday and now they are busting at the seams. ds likes poking them. another really weird ds behavior...he seems *really* interested in my boobs again. can toddlers still smell milk like infants can? it just seems kind of odd. he hasn't asked or tried to nurse but he really likes laying on my chest with his nose in them the past few days. something he would *never* do before. he's not a generally snuggly guy and prefers to be running around. any ideas? also, anyone know how to use myspace? i'm tyring to send "friend requests" so that ppl can see pics of ds but i have no clue how.

#11 ·
just saving us from the pits of page two. eisa won't nap today and it is yucky weather so we are kinda stuck inside. she isn't unhappy, but i am in need of a break- she is playing really nicely by herself right now, so i shouldn't complain.
how much do you all really "play" with your babes? as with everything, it probably depends on the babe i guess.
eisa learned to make the "chugga, chugga" sound for a train today. it is in a book and she suprised me when i turned the page. she was looking so pleased, like she had been practicing in secret and got it right. she also sais "puttputtputt" for a boat book that we have.
and, i found another tooth has poked through- i thought that she had been working on two, but it was three. this one was even bleeding a bit. ouch.
hope all is well everyone,
mcs

#15 ·
Awww Locke is a cutie. Love that grin.

Welcome Karen!! Your kiddos are quite cute too

Davina, Gwen sounds like such a cutie!!
We just got two bottom molars at once here..... oy.
:

Elaina just got a cold, too. So we've been dealing with stopped up nose nursing. Or not nursing in some cases

Bamamom... I'm bummed to hear Schuy still isn't eating good, poor guy. Don't have any information or advice or anything... just hugs, and I'm thinking of you guys.

Mcs... Playing... Elaina plays pretty well on her own sometimes, not as much as she used to. It's easy to tell when she's bored and wants interaction though. We spend more time doing things like taking a shower or folding and putting away laundry or stuff like that than I think we do playing... but we play too! In fact she very rarely plays with toys other than her books or ride on or wagon unless I initiate play with them.

Elaina's halloween costume is coming right along! I'm having way more fun with it than I have trying to make clothes from a pattern and it's turning out better too.
I'll post pics when I'm done.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

#16 ·
subbing... just about 12wks pg here and the nausea seems to have abated... though I still feel horrible if I don't eat often enough. Other than that, I'm very busy with school, which is why I'm not posting very much. Also going through yet another cycle of crap with DH. Istra is good... I've been taking her swimming quite a lot lately because the weather is rainy these days. She likes that a lot.

here's a recent pic.

#17 ·
I love all the pics! Keep them coming!

I'm suppose to be writing out a schedule for the sitter that is coming tomorrow. I have to work and DH is going hunting with his family. I forgot to ask for the day off so the kids are with a new sitter. They like having someone new because they get to show off.

Claire is getting into dress up clothes. It's because she is deparate to do everything her sisters are doing.

She's getting to be a toddler as far as eating goes. She only wants to eat one thing. Last night she ate an apple for supper. (An entire apple, just biting through the skin. Crazy what you can do with just 6 teeth. She cried when I took it away from her, but she really only had the core left!) She wouldn't touch anything else on her tray. Tonight again, she fussed until I gave her an apple and then she was happy sitting in her high chair gnawing away at that. Maybe it feels good to get all of that bulk and fiber into her system rather than just the pureed baby foods.

Work was crazy today and I never had a chance to check in with you guys.

#18 ·
see, that's the weird thing, ds does spend lots of time with dh after work. they play from the time he gets home until the time ds goes to bed. today was alittle better but it's still just weird how he's acting. i think he might be getting a cold. that could be interupting his mood. fnny thing though because he's obsessed with apples too
you think they would keep him healthy!

#20 ·
Poor Bama.

Anne, both of my kids get freaky whenever there is another adult in the house -- dh, my mom, whatever. They are much better when there is just one of us with them. Don't know why.

I feel a little vindicated -- I was out of the house for much of the day and feel enormously refreshed! Dh told me that Danny was a madman, refused to eat, did a lot of screaming. And my mother babysat for us tonight so we could go out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary -- and she, who has lots of patience and love for babies, especially these ones, was surprised at how "B-A-D" Danny was, beating up on Miles, screaming, biting, etc. It is an exhausting phase and I feel better knowing that (a) it's not just me, and (b) that it wears out any adult.

#21 ·
My goodness! I haven't been here since Aug 28th! What a slacker!
At least you guys are good at leaving a bread crumb trail to follow.

I'm still "enjoying" morning sickness 24/7. So much for it only hanging around the 1st trimester (I'm in week 13 now). I haven't really been able to do much other than deal with my Biscuit and nap when he does. Poor DH has had to bear the brunt of cooking and shopping -- anything to do with food. I'm doing a little better on that front, but raw meat is still pretty gross. I had thought it was bad the first time, but oh this is so worse. I am just so exhausted. I had complained last time that I was sure that if I could just actually throw up I would feel better. I learned that theory is wrong last week. Oh well. I didn't want to brush my molars and my tongue anyway.

So, I'm going to cut this short and go make sure that my blog is in my signature. Not that I've posted more over there, but if there's anything juicy/interesting going on there'll be another way to find me!

Hugs to all. I thought of you guys even though I wasn't logging on.
Kath

#22 ·
we missed you Kathleen! and i'm at 22 weeks and still feeling ill every few days. my phenagren is keeping the puking at bay though.

meli-sounds like a wonderful time, happy anniversary!!!!

bama-it's cold here too. and pouring rain. yucky. i hope ya'll feel better soon. we're starting to get somethign here, i've had a sore throat for several days.
:

all the pictures are adorable! i can't believe how big our "toddlers" are! someone at the mall today thought ds was 2!

#23 ·
Kathleen!! I was thinking about you today, but I can never remember your username!!!

PLEASE come back and post with us..we miss you!!

And anne...some one at the store guessed ds lately as 12 mos.
: he is pretty small..

and we go back to the gastro doc monday, and they're gonna want to do a feeding tube.

I am SO not prepared for this. I do have a somewhat local friend who had a dd with a NG feeding tube for a year, and has offered to help us.

He just wont eat, and he's not growing. GRRRRR I wish he could just eat!! And he wants to eat! so frustrating...

but the happy news!! DH is home!! I get to be frisky! Woohoo! try out my new mirena!! Give 'er the old test drive!
:

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by twouglyducks View Post
Bama... I thought you were supposed to use backup for the first month? Just curious. Have fun.

No one told me that!! Grrrrrr

We had only had sex once since my period when i got it in, and we used a condom that time, so she said good!

GRRRR

do I really have to use backup??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.