potty accident remedies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2006, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd is doing quite well learning to use the potty, however, she does have the occasional accident. Most recently on the couch. I used some stuff 'guaranteed' to get rid of stain and odor. Now I don't care about the stains on the old sofa but the odor is...bad. This miracle cleaner did nothing for the odor. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2006, 05:31 PM

Did you use something like Febreeze or something made to get rid of pet stains and odor? I use pet stain remover for potty accidents (from all of my kids, including those with 2 legs and those with 4), and it works fine. Most recently my younger DS had a saggy diaper on (saggy from sleep, not saggy from being wet) and ALL of his potty went on the chair. It wasn't just a dribble. It soaked the chair. I thought the chair would be ruined, but it came right out. The pet stain remover I have right now is called Simple Solution, but I've used many brands and they've all worked just fine.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:34 PM

I was going to suggest a pet stain remover too.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

Old 10-21-2006, 05:40 PM

I have one of those spot cleaners for the carpet ( was like $30 at walmart). Instead of the carpet cleaning solution use vinegar and water but then REALLY go over it well to get the solution out.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1

User Tag List