~~~~May 2004 Mamas ~~~~ Feelin' Thankful it's November ~~~~ - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like you're doin it just right, sherri. Whatsa matta, you don't remember training Sarah? Or Katie's just a different bird altogether?

Our version is: wear panties. Have lots of panties. Take her to the potty every 1.5 hrs or so, even if her response is "no" upon asking whether she needs to pee. She will now go do herself.
The other day we were at a friend's house when she looks at me and says, "popo", it's already coming out but not too bad--we run to the bathroom and put her on the potty and she goes! Change of panties, end of story. It's the second time she's pooped on someone else's toilet while we're out. I think that's a milestone!

But what I REALLY WANT TO KNOW, TC, is this: Say one tries the garlic thing, and one puts it up there, maybe too far. and one cannot fish it out the next morning. WHAT IS ONE TO DO????

It's okay, you can all laugh at my predicament. I just wanna know when the garlic is done roasting, okay????
#362 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 02:29 PM

I don't think it's going to be lost up there forever
But seriously, some people wrap it in cheesecloth to make it easier to get back. Like a nice cheesecloth garlic tampon.
#363 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Like a nice cheesecloth garlic tampon.
:
#364 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 PM

cheesecake garlic tampon. i hope it comes 'back' to you!

renae ME ME ME! i wanna buy your moby. but not this week. i'm perilously on the brink of overdraft at the moment and having insomnia from it. grrrr. i frankly want to strangle dh's business partner at the moment. he's an idiot sometimes.

meanwhile i was laying and reading to isaac last night and could see my abdomen moving around. i swear i didn't see or feel anything until 18 weeks this time. how was i missing all that? i really wasn't feeling any kind of 'bond' until i saw the little babe moving around on the screen a couple of days ago :

isaac is asking more frequently to use the potty. and telling me 'pee pee is coming out right now' in his diaper. which i think is a good sign he's figuring it out. i'm not ready for the underwear messes. maybe after christmas. kinda waiting til he asks for underwear

my kid(s) are not smoking pot til they go to college!!!! yeah right. i'll be happy if they stay off the smack/crack/meth.
#365 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
my kid(s) are not smoking pot til they go to college!!!! yeah right. i'll be happy if they stay off the smack/crack/meth.
Um, you do know that pot is the gateway drug, don't cha?
#366 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 04:09 PM

so i've heard (recently)! the gateway to fun. JOKE. i think cigs are the true gateway drug. funnily enough i smoked hash before i even tried alcohol. that's what living in a muslim country does to you.
#367 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 04:18 PM

A Parent's got to have rules:

1) No methamphetamines during the school week.

*weak laugh* I just realized how un-funny this could be--there are some families out there--
#368 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, Jacqueline! what great news.

now, stick, little blastocyst.

And elsanne? coming to ABQ?

too cold to type. snow day. wish me luck. must shower.
#369 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 06:18 PM

Yes, coming to ABQ! Jan 4-16. After the holiday rush. Nervous about the plane ride. Two babies. No stroller. Ack.
#370 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 06:23 PM

Chef: "Children, what did I tell you??"
South Park Kids: "There's a time and a place for everything..."
Chef: "And that place is?"
Kids: "College"

More later. Today has been an INSANE day.
#371 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 PM

Hello, you super-posty mommies.

Let me try to catch up...

Jacqueline- Hooray!!!!!

Dh and I met my first day of work at the group home. He told me a week later he thought I was what he was looking for in a wife. WHAT?!!!! Dated for two years, I broke up with him twice, but turns out he was right about us: I proposed to him in the end, but it was no risk because I'd heard through the grapevine he had already bought the ring. Honeymoon was a biking/camping trip. Wedding registry at REI.

Potty-training: not even on our radar.

garlic: it may have slipped out and been flushed down the toilet without you noticing. That usually happened to me if I didn't wrap it in gauze first. Gotta say I've got the most unkillable yeast infection out there (must be albicans), cause it's baaaaaaaaaaaaack. Hope the garlic works for you.

Cool about the tummy movement, Jstar

Midwife apt yesterday. I still have two plus months to go, but the "outer os" (sp?) of my cervix is dialated 2-3 cm. Midwife says it's ok as long as the "inner os" holds tight. Darn squishy cervix. Got the whole preterm labor signs talk. I don't have to alter my activity level unless I start getting serious contrax. So far I've only noticed one contract my whole pregnancy.

Our front wall is full of mold, apparently. Called cause the wall was oddly squishy near the door. Now we have a big open wall that's covered in plastic and taped up. Fun times.

Luke is using 4-word sentences. I'm so excited! Ta ta mamas.
#372 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 PM

FF---yay for a verbose L!! Cool beans! And on the yeastie beasties....how's your thyroid? Just random associations as another mama I know has hypothyroid troubles and battles the yeasties on occasion and the two can be related.

We had a fun playdate with an MDC mama and kiddos this morning...yay! Both girlies took car naps and are taking late naps now....predicted bedtime 930-10pm!! Oh and totally doing leftovers for dinner.

Late for pumping so toodles poodles as Sarah and now C are fond of saying. I almost spit the first time C said it.

Oh and before I forget....E took her first step today! It was only one before she collapsed on me and she might have a while yet before she walks, but yay baby!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#373 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Faery View Post
Chef: "Children, what did I tell you??"
South Park Kids: "There's a time and a place for everything..."
Chef: "And that place is?"
Kids: "College"

More later. Today has been an INSANE day.
!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlefern View Post

garlic: it may have slipped out and been flushed down the toilet without you noticing. That usually happened to me if I didn't wrap it in gauze first. Gotta say I've got the most unkillable yeast infection out there (must be albicans), cause it's baaaaaaaaaaaaack. Hope the garlic works for you.

Our front wall is full of mold, apparently. Called cause the wall was oddly squishy near the door. Now we have a big open wall that's covered in plastic and taped up. Fun times.

Luke is using 4-word sentences. I'm so excited! Ta ta mamas.
Only two months left? Wow! These times are going fast. Yay for 4 word sentences! Sorry 'bout that mold...uck.

Is it possible the garlic slipped out? I got me some serious pelvic floor muscles (the bellydance thang) so I am in doubt. I have also noticed a faint garlic odor about me all day. I sure wish it would slip out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
.E took her first step today! It was only one before she collapsed on me and she might have a while yet before she walks, but yay baby!
Oh this is truly exciting! yay baby E!
#374 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 08:57 PM

Els, have you tried everything to get it out? Positions and everything? I can't really imagine that you couldn't reach it in some position. Let me know if you want specifics and I will give them.

Fiddle - yay for 4-word sentences! That is awesome. I've been thinking about getting together with you for a while now...do you happen to be free tomorrow morning??

I'm back from my procedure and feel much better after some juice and yogurt. Gawd, the last two days have been hellish. Truly.

S.
#375 of 380 Old 11-30-2006, 10:42 PM

I've been trying to post this reply all day, but our Internet connection was slow and then things just got busy.

So, thanks everyone for your well wishes. So far, so good! I've got another HPT to take in the morning, just for confirmation. Plus, it's one of those cool looking digital tests that I've been wanting to try (what kind of a geek am I? )

I'm at work tonight. It was a crazy day. We took our non-front-wheel drive vehicle in to see how much we could get on a trade-in. Well, not nearly enough to even pay off 1/2 of what we owe on it, so we're holding on right now. We tried to sell this vehicle before we moved here, but there was just just too much going on then and it didn't happen. We had our first serious snowstorm this week and driving in it was no fun. Luckily we have another vehicle with front-wheel drive that we can share on bad days. Still not sure what we're going to do. blah!

Well, it's busy at work so I better go.
#376 of 380 Old 12-01-2006, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
Els, have you tried everything to get it out? Positions and everything?

I'm back from my procedure and feel much better after some juice and yogurt. Gawd, the last two days have been hellish. Truly.

S.
Okay. With Viet here playing ob/gyn, I got it out! I was crouching in that reclined squat and he was looking puzzled with a Petzl on his head when I told him, look, you just gotta do THIS--and ba-da-bing!
That was WAAAY more than you wanted to know, but admit it: it was amusing.

Sarah what is going on? What was the procedure for? Was the hellishness your garden variety in-nursing-school hell or otherwise?

Cute story:
Amara woke from a nap, and Sol went in to be with her ("Bebe UP!"). I left them alone for a while, and came back and both girls were completely dotted about the face with small flower stickers, courtesy of Sol. It was hilarious, and pictures were taken. When I get them developed I'll post along.
#377 of 380 Old 12-01-2006, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Amara woke from a nap, and Sol went in to be with her ("Bebe UP!"). I left them alone for a while, and came back and both girls were completely dotted about the face with small flower stickers, courtesy of Sol. It was hilarious, and pictures were taken. When I get them developed I'll post along.
YAY for garlic-free hoo-haas. Yay for Viet taking a stand, so to speak.

Allison (Sol's counterpart) is always poking at Ethan's eyes. "It's eyes is open!! It's awake!!" Even if he was soundly sleeping...

She calls him "baby Neefum"
#378 of 380 Old 12-01-2006, 03:24 AM

omigosh, garlic-free hoo-haas, what a great thread title if i wasn't feeling protective of our little community and not wanting others to peek in... :

marek sleeping in his bed, stefan sleeping on the sleeper sofa, free arms for mama... aaahhhhh...

had our last appointment with our midwife this past tuesday. it was a bittersweet day for me, and the weather here matched my mood. there's a poem waiting to be written about it that i'll hopefully be able to pen over the weekend. happy news from the appointment: stefan now weighs just over 12 lbs at age 2.5 months. : that's what marek weighed at... like... 4 months.

funny story from today: i lay stefan down on his belly on my bed so he could test out his little arms a bit. marek came in and climbed up on the bed and was giggling at stefan flailing his arms and then lay down on his belly, too, and try squirming forward like a snake. it was really cute.

really must get some new pictures of stefan on the yg for you all to see. he's really cute now. will try to do that tomorrow.

hopping on the "toodles poodles" bandwagon...

~claudia
#379 of 380 Old 12-01-2006, 04:04 AM

MCSB- was planning to go shopping for 1st Aid/CPR supplies at a medical place tomorrow, but will gladly cancel said trip for a chance to hang wicha. As a matter of fact, I just realized that I should shop on the weekend anyway, when I can get PAID to do it. So yes!!! Let's hang. I'll call ya in the a.m.

Last night class tonight. Aced the instructor test, which is good cause I teach classes on Monday and Thursday next week.

Claudia- you can imagine how reassuring it is to me to hear how well Stefan is growing.

Miss Juice- I am TOTALLY worried about the eye-poking thing. Sounds like your babe has survived.

HF- hooray for first steps!

Elsanne- can't wait to see those pics- how funny.

Night, all.
#380 of 380 Old 12-01-2006, 10:00 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page