~~~~May 2004 Mamas ~~~~ Feelin' Thankful it's November ~~~~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd be most likely to stay in my pajamas/yoga pants all day!

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?? We know Martha is cooking...anyone else? We were supposed to go to CT, but I'm not up for it so we'll probably just stay home and cook a small not so vegan turkey bird and some of our favorite dishes.

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#182 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
I'd be most likely to stay in my pajamas/yoga pants all day!
No way! You are Most Likely to Knit World Peace

And Els is Most Likely to Meet and -ehem- Love a Rock Star!

I am Most Likely to Get Fired for Posting on the Internet at Work.

Sigh.

We always go to Alison's brother's place for T Day. I love that we don't cook at our house, but I will be bringing port and cheese and some yummy pumpkin dip with homemade dipping cookies.
#183 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 03:36 PM

: i was a cheerleader for a whopping 3 months or so. but that was in pakistan. not exactly the typical high school american cheerleader football game thing. and i got to go to delhi (in the subcontinent there are 5 international schools so 3 times a year everyone travels to one of the schools to have a sports convention. basketball is one, field hockey is the 2nd and volleyball/soccer is the 3rd.) i also played basketball and field hockey. i couldn't have played *any* sports at my american high school where you have to be playing a sport year round since age 4 to make a team. pakistan was so much fun.

i would prefer isaac play basketball over football because i hate football. but i do really hope he is 'sporty' because i think after school practice is a lot more constructive (and healthy) than after school recreational drug use

we are flying down to cali tomorrow night and staying the week for thanksgiving : i can't wait. isaac is even more excited. i'm doing the daily countdown to going on an airplane but he insists it is 'two weeks!' also, everything that happened in the past happened 'last night!' last night daddy took me to school. his time concepts are really cute right now.

lisa - i would ask alison to go observe with you. then you can talk about the pros and cons together. i think the montessori programs are cool. very hard to get into up here.
#184 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 03:39 PM

Renae is Most Likely to Run Away and Become an AFI Roadie.

Some much needed humor on what is a CRAP day! I'm not up to running down the whole list of awful things that are going on, but both DH and I are up to our eyeballs in stressful nonsense, making the whole grammy dying thing just THAT much more stressful. Dh is going to Miami again this weekend for the funeral. I asked my mom if she could come up and help me out (4 days alone with 3 kids makes Megan a very : mama and she has said SO MANY TIMES "anytime you need to me come up and help, I can, no problem") and she said, "well.... it's really a bad time what with Thanksgiving travel and all.." OH, YA THINK????? So Mom's not coming : and I am just feeling completely overwhelmed. DH is overwhelmed too (he actually said those words "I feel really overwhelmed right now" with his head in his hands - neither of these are things he EVER does, so I know he's on the edge) so I'm busy trying to alleviate his stress, as well.

:

Oh, and it's really raining here, too.

Sorry for the big negative purge. Blech.

Just to wrap this post up on a more positive note, I will admit here and now, I was a cheerleader. Yes, I was. Shocking, isn't it? I was even in the Super Bowl Half Time Show when I was 15! Hmmm... thinking back upon those fond memories, it almost makes my current stress factors just fade away.... NOT!
#185 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 PM

OH, heavens, I did not pin Meg as most likely to have been a cheerleader! Jstar does make some sense, however. Lisa is most likely to NOT have been a cheerleader. I am most likely to have tried out for-and not gotten to be-a cheerleader. :

Meg, whoa dude, whatta drag! Let's see...other options...you DO need help those days...I guess running away to Mexico while oldest two fend for themselves is not an option, is it? I can't believe Mom isn't gonna come through for you. Any way you could talk her into it, or sweeten the pot a bit?

Thanksgiving will be celebrated with my modern dance teacher, who after giving the course stays around for a few weeks and puts on a real shindig, with all her family and friends arriving from san diego.
#186 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 04:04 PM

That's it....I hearby declare that Thanskiving festivites will be taking place for any and all may mamas in Mexico. Pack up your cars now and get a move on...

Megan--how irksome!! Is there anyone local who can help out with the older two for a stretch so you can have some snuggle naps w/ J? So sorry this time is weighing on you and DH so heavily now. I hope your mom thinks it over and comes through for you in the end!

#187 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
I am most likely to have tried out for-and not gotten to be-a cheerleader. :

well why do you think i was a cheerleader for only 3 months?? didn't make the cut!! : and then when one girl got kicked off for grades i got my big day in the sun or in the short skirt i should say

go meg! (superbowl halftime show!) i've tried watching the dallas cheerleaders show and dh won't let me. : boobs bouncing around and he isn't interested?? mystery!!

that is poopy about your mom meg : it all sounds like a lot of stress right now.
#188 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
Besides the sincere request for comments on the insecurity I seem to have in my choices, should I ask Alison to come with me to observe at the Montessori school?
Definitely don't know you well enough to comment on the insecurities , but I have some nice Montessori experience. Both of my girls, my 4.75 year old and my 2 year old, attend a local Montessori school. We LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I wasn't sold on the Montessori concept at first, I was mostly interested because they offered a full-day preschool class, as opposed to just AM or PM. It has honestly changed the way I parent. And I saw INSTANT changes in my DD's behavior, not that she was ever troublesome, she just suddenly seemed more comfortable in her own skin. Now my maybaby is there too, in the Toddler Community. She loves it. There are so many things I love about it, I could go on and on. If you're interested, I'd say definitely take Alison for an observation! What struck me about the observation was that a class of 27 3-6 year olds could be that calm and quiet with only 2 adults in the room. Anyway, I'm happy to ramble on, but I have to go pick up said preschoolers now.

#189 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 05:18 PM

jstar-Most Likely to SOlve Global Warming or Most LIkely to go Snowboarding!

Lisa, I'm totally laughing at me teaching Ms. Martha a thing or two. I really am not all that Martha-like. I get a kick out of being compared to her, though. Why do you think of me in that sense? Just curious if something I've said leads you to believe I'm more crafty/homey than thou.

mamameg-Big hugs coming at you. Having a really crappy week, here, too. I know the overwhelmed feeling, and hope something comes through for you this weekend. I hope your Mom has a change of heart.
#190 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 05:20 PM

Sherri---it's the porch...inextricably linked and explanatory of your Martha-ness. : But I should freely admit that I just made DH get me a Marth subscription after I read one of the more recent issues at the gym.

#191 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 05:21 PM

Where is Renae?

(it's rainy, the girls are both napping and I am soooo bored...suppose I could be knitting...)

#192 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 05:27 PM

Big hugs comin' at you down the coast, Megan. I wish I could help you out. And your DH's grammy was an amazing woman, for sure. Sorry it's so stressful for you right now.

Lisa, I feel like we could miss out, too. I mean, I love our current sitch with an amazing nanny, and our choice to unschool eventually...but I do often think about what else is out there. I would definitely go to observe, and drag Allison there. It can't hurt to just go look, right?

Dude, I would kill for a Martha subscription. DH would probably $#&* his pants, though, 'cause he's already on edge about all the crafty stuff I have in the house that is taking up room and never getting used. It will someday, though, I swear!

So what's my title...Most Likely to Get Drunk and Get a Tattoo?

S.
#193 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 05:56 PM

Uh... most likely to fit PEOPLE for diaphragms? (that's too easy)
Most likely to make the dean's list?

Who matches each of these?

Most likely to say dude
Most likely to have a napless child
Most likely to have pastry glued to @$$
Most likely to be a vegan nun
Most likely to abuse smilies

Megan, you heard it here first: your mom is being lame. I'm sorry everything is crapolicious right now. If you can't twist her arm into helping you with a dose of sanity, what are your alternatives? I'd be cashing in favors with friends, doing EASY meals (from the freezer or take-out), etc. Do you have a trusted babysitter? If so, maybe you can schedule an afternoon or evening of freedom?

I hope I don't get : , but I'm not that surprised about Meg and Jess and cheerleading. And *I* want to be the one to save the world from global warming (but I guess I'd have to get a job to do that, no? doesn't continuing to pump out the pups just make the global warming worse? )

I find Martha *fascinating*, but truly, I am the anti-Martha. I am just so not into House Beautiful, Craft Beautiful, and Food Beautiful. (More like House Tidy, Craft Functional, and Food Tasty )
#194 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
[COLOR=navy]
Who matches each of these?

Most likely to say dude
Most likely to have a napless child
Most likely to have pastry glued to @$$
Most likely to be a vegan nun
Most likely to abuse smilies
Okay, I'll bite:

1) I think of Renae, although maybe me
2) This would be me, or Sarah Bee
3) pastry glued to ash, this would be jstar, or maybe me
4) Vegan nun, Beth, or could be me as well
5) Abuse smilies, Renae although Sherri can do some nice artwork with them. Definitely not me.

Because, as we all know, it's ALL ABOUT ME!!!
#195 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:10 PM

"Most Likely to Want to Box DH about the Ears"= TC!!!
#196 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:11 PM

I'm on a roll.

"Most Likely to get her doctorate"=Emmalola. Who is the other one?
#197 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:21 PM

Dude (), seriously, does anyone's May babe really nap anymore? Lily takes maybe one nap a week, sometimes two, on a good week. Except for KK...we all know how she is the Nap Nazi.

Pump out pups...omg, rotflmao!

No coffee today so far...I THINK I can, I THINK I can, I THINK I can...
#198 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:23 PM

i just got a martha subscription for $22 her recipes take far too much TIME though for my highly-scheduled a$$. but i think it is a purdy magazine.

i think i am most likely to get drunk out of all ya'll. although i'm on hiatus right now and the sight of celebration ale in teh stores is torturing me. and i miss my girls night out at the BAR now i have girls night on the couch

i can't BELIEVE you guys think i am cheerleader material i thought you had to have rhythm to do that and i always think of cheerleaders as blond. i am definitely not blond.
#199 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:25 PM

That's true, you ARE an engineer, who are not known for being bubbly.
#200 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:30 PM

Yes, but she is bubbly. A bubbly engineer. Who woulda thunk?

And no, I am definitely the most likely to get drunk. No, wait, maybe I am tied with Elsanne. Oh, did I tell you guys how drunk I got last Friday night? Word to the wise: don't drink wine and gin on the same night. Although I was surprisingly ok the next morning, just veeery tired since I only got 4 hours' sleep.
#201 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:33 PM

Sarah--C is taking marathon naps these days 3+ hours is the norm, but this was preceded by a cycle of take it or leave it nap days. Her behavior these days is atrocious (see yg post) so I don't know if there's a connection.

I am most definitely *not* bubbly.

#202 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
I'm on a roll.

"Most Likely to get her doctorate"=Emmalola. Who is the other one?
Um, isn't nugget the most likely to get her doctorate? Or did she not quite finish? Now I can't remember. And KK is the most likely to get her doctorate in 2020.
#203 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 07:01 PM

this is all cracking me up.

isaac has his daily "socialized" nap at school at 12:30. the routine of it works like a drug. i swear i couldn't get him to nap at 12:30 on a weekend unless we stayed up all night. he usually doesn't go down until 3ish but i FORCE it or he is insane by 6pm. 'i not seepy! *yawn* i not seepy!' uh, yeah.

i don't know if i'm bubbly but the world is definitely lacking in bubbly engineers. i think i work with ALL of them. i have some awesome cohorts.
#204 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM

I'll be "most likely to show up 2.5 years late." Which is funny because I am generally very punctual, toddler tantrums aside.

Though I do enjoy
#205 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
I'll be "most likely to show up 2.5 years late."
This is great!

I am glad you're here. Thanks for the Montessori thoughts...it does make me want to go and at least check it out. I hesitate only because Eleanor really does like the other kids and the care providers where she is...yet I don't like that we are TV free and she knows the Elmo song.
#206 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 08:20 PM

Both kids are napping!!! That can turn even the worst day around.

Obviously, naps are still happening here. For now. We go in phases. Right now we are "on" because DH has been home. (More on that later on the yg, but let's jsut say its definitely part of the whole mess of stress we have going on here. Oy.) When he is home, she naps for him and then gets on a roll, so when he's not here (like today) she will still take a nap for me. But if he is gone for more than a few days, she remembers that I am weak and the naps fade away.

drink? you guys drink? :

In more mom lameness, I just spoke with her and she joked that she was giving me a break by not asking me to go look at rental houses for them this weekend. (Edited to explain they are moving here next month and I am scoping out potential houses for them.) I know she thought she was being funny, but that is so not funny right now. : I will not beg my mom to come here. I just can't do that. She clearly doens't want to come and she's told me so in her own way. They have done a lot for us this year, and I don't feel like begging for more. If she doesn't want to come, I don't want her here. It will just stress me out more. But it still sucks to not have the help.

I have no regular babysitter. But I know someone I can call. Might be short notice, but it's worth a shot.

Okay, both kids are up now, gotta run.
#207 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 08:32 PM

Most likely to run away and become an AFI ROADIE?!?! NO way. Try "band aid"
(read: GROUPIE!!! )
But I would totally be happy if I was a roadie. A roadie-groupie? Do they exist?!

Oh no! I don't abuse the smilies, do I? : :

: : ABUSED. :

I like this: I printed it out and stuck it on the bookshelf in here. Hee. I want to hang it everywhere!

Okay, um, I don't have a lot to say, my computer is being mighty slooooooooooow, (like I think it took some bong hits. THAT slow. ) so I tend to throw up my hands and storm out of the room rather than wait the million years it's taken to load anything today. ARG.
And I have to sell stuff on Ebay, and Etsy, man! ugh ugh ugh. Lame.
Speaking of, I really really should go downstairs and work on some jewelry for my upcoming craft fair. Money has been the pits lately, mamas. Credit cards are maxed, we have bills, I have no job. Ugh. Anyway, sorry to be all negative too...s to everyone else having a trying day.

Most likely to be a vegan nun: ELSANNE!

Heather, I WISH you could make it to CT...that's where we'll be; but MIL wants to make reservations somewhere so no one has to cook. I'm down with that this year. Haha. I cooked last year, if you all remember. It ruled but I don't feel like doing it this year.

Okay, Rowan just got a hold of my scissors. : Oh Crap, and he unwrapped a gift I wrapped this morning! :

Later mamas.
#208 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 10:12 PM

i honestly can't think straight enough to know what i am most likely to be...

fiddle is most likely to herd a caravan of musical cats.

jstar is most likely to martha up her yard.

els is most likely to host a may-mama commune.

renae is most likely to participate in said commune.

i got nothing left, mamas.

you all were posting fools today.

oooooooooooooooh.... great news: S weighs 11lb9.5oz!!! still around the 50th percentile where he was born and where he was last month, too. he's a solid baby and is really getting strong and good at holding his head up and his whole body up, too.

going to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science & Industry) tonight for a special Star Wars exhibit.

~claudia
#209 of 380 Old 11-16-2006, 10:57 PM

Hey, I needs me a good nap. Does that make me a Nazi?:

Yeah, actually I have the mojito impression of MCSB.

I made the titles purposely vague, so y'all would think they were about y'all. (especially those of you who know it's all about you )

I'm probably the most vegan, though... doesn't that count toward nunness?

Ack, *I* need to be most likely to FINISH her doctorate. (I need to quit being most likely to say yes if someone asks me to do volunteer work, but that's another story... maybe I'll whine on the yg sometime)
#210 of 380 Old 11-17-2006, 12:37 AM

Oh yeah, not to make anyone : Haha...Rowan still takes naps about 95% of the time.
:
He HAS to! If he doesn't, he's pretty much a mess from 3 until 6, when he CRASHES.
Then wakes several times at night (more than usual-remember, no sunshine and puppies here!) only to be UP for the day at...you guess it, 6am!
I usually get him down for naps at about 12:30-1ish, and if he fights it I tell him he has a choice; I can pat his back till he falls asleep, or...
He can stay in his crib for an hour of 'quiet time'
!!!
I can't even tell you how well this works. I haven't had to leave him for more than 15 minutes yet! If he acts like a poop after we nurse and I lie him down, I say "okay, I'm leaving you to rest and I will see you later" and leave. He will shriek or yell for a moment (NOT CIO, obviously--I don't think it's possible at this age!) and then when he realizes I won't be coming back until he's lying down, he finally asks nicely "Mama pat the back, mama pat the back! Please?" And when I go back in he lays down and lets me pat him. Usually it doesn't even get to that point.

Anyway, the nap is still in full effect here; at least when *I'm* home with him. Sometimes DH isn't so lucky, and Gramma or Papa (or any other rare caretaker )? No freakin' WAY.
Also, on Fridays when I am at my friend's house watching her DS, the nap is negotiable. So yeah. 95% of the time, Rowan is still a napper.

Yay communes!
Yay
Yay

I like that sign, though I can't really say "I'm feeling "! But hey, maybe I'll put it in my siggie!

Okay, enough tipsy rambling from me (I don't drink! ) I will be back later. I can't think about who'd be most likely to do anything...most of you have already said the awesome stuff!

I my May Mamas!

Have a great night, y'all.

ETA: Omigosh! I can't believe I didn't say anything about Grammy Range! I'm lame. What an amazing story, what an amazing woman! Thank you for sharing this with us, Mamameg. And good luck handling things while DH is in Florida!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page