July 2005 mamas: November is here. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 11-24-2006, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone - back again. Took my first LLL meeting yesterday - it was a toddler meeting so it was a bit of a breeze the baby meeting will be more difficult.

Not sure who it was that told me how to strip nappies here - but yeah - its worked and I have lovely soft, absorbant nappies again - what a luxury! It makes such a difference.
Over the last week I have been tired all the time I seem to wake up tired and go to bed tired and then I'm lying awake for an eternity - nevermind - maybe I'm that would be a laugh!! No sore nipples so I don't reckon it's that

Cherubess - Warmer weather - you lucky thing - it's getting really damp and dreech here - I love the warmer times - maybe I can get dh to get a job down in the south of france - oh that would be so much nicer.

Kian just LOVES his daddy too, everytime he hears the door it's papa, papa, so cute - I'm just there for nutrition and hugs when he hurts himself - papa is playtime, papa is fun, papa, papa, papa ..... I shouldn't complain - I love it really. Freya however, wouldn't even stay 5 mins with papa, it was me all the time and I mean all the time, but we are very close and I love the relationship that we have together - she's a wonderful child .

Valerie - I've also done 'all' my christmas shopping - over the internet and it's arrived at my Mum and Dad's ready for us when we get there very early on the 23rd - can't wait to have christmas all together. EVERYONE is going to be there - yippee!

Shanana - I'm so glad that you're sorting out the congestion probs - well done you, it makes a difference if you feel rested at least!!

As for the potty - well we have left it out and about since he was just past one, he seemed interested and if I saw him pushing I asked if he wanted to go and he nods his head and there you are, now if he has to go pee he taps the front and for the other he taps his bottom - really cute. Clever boy!

Have to take Kian out to story time for the wee ones.

ewe + dh = our little lambs + we and have many just : and : life .
#62 of 70 Old 11-25-2006, 12:43 PM

Hi all, hope all the US mamas had a good Thanksgiving! We broke the news of our pregnancy to DH's family at dinner and everyone was so excited! So, that was fun - and I actually had a great appetite at dinner and ate almost everything - until dessert... I was really looking forward to this yummy looking chocolate pie - and I took one bite and almost threw up! I had to give it to DH to finish... I think I am losing my taste for chocolate this pregnancy - craving mostly fruit and refreshing things instead...

Valerie, I didn't know who Adina was either - thanks for filling us in! Glad to hear the diaper rash has cleared up! I can't believe you are already done with your holiday shopping - I need to get my butt in gear!

and WOW to all of you with teens and toddlers - I can't imagine how hard it is going to be with 2 - let alone 2 (or more) in 2 different decades :

Donna - good to hear from you - congrats on the new house and good luck re-doing everything! I love decorating and home improvement stuff! My girl is the same as your Acelin - Only mom will do! She will "tolerate" someone else if I am not there - but once I am back she comes running to mama - Some days it gets tiring and I wish I could have a little space- but most of the time I don't mind...

Shana - so glad to hear that the benadryl helped and you and M are finally getting some sleep... I have been fighting off a cold for the last few days - taking tons of Vit C and garlic - it seems to be fading now and I hope I have avoided the worst of it...

Ewe - so great on the potty learning already! We have a little baby bjorn potty (like Shana) and we have had a little success if I can get her to sit on it at the right time - but (also like Shana) usually she just wants to carry it around and put toys in it. I am glad your first LLL meeting as leader went well...

Rachel - my girl is all about mama - and I think that having a messy house is a sign of a good mom - we are too busy being with our kiddos to clean - ykwim? At least that is what I tell myself when I look around my mess...

Ange - so glad to hear that your garden is becoming a success - there is nothing better than picking your own veggies fresh from your own yard! How great that you got a compost bin - I would love to put one in our yard, but I am not sure where it would go and not sure how the neighbors would feel about it. I am a little jealous you are just getting to the warm weather - I love the change of seasons - especially spring! I am excited for it to snow here - but not looking forward to months of having to stay inside... It is so cute that your DS is picking blades of grass one by one and giving them to you... I also had to laugh that he was jealous of you and your Dh cuddling...

Shay - It is so nice when they start talking and you feel like you can finally communicate - though I could do without the word "no" - it's rosie's favorite right now : - It is always fun hearing them try out new words though - this morning I was feeding Rosie canteloupe - which she dubbed "te-lope". It is great that daycare seems to be going well and you are getting some quality time with DH too! I have also been thinking of when to wean - I am on the fence about CLW - ideally it would be great - but I don't know if I could wait it out... We will see how long I can deal with being PG and nursing my acrobatic nipple-stretcher (and we are already nightweaned). I also like the idea of tandem nursing - I think it would be a great tool when the new baby is here to avoid jealousy and to calm a fussy toddler - but I just don't know if I have the energy.

Oh, and about not getting sleep - I am also choosing to remain deluded until the 2nd baby is born - I am trying to manifest that baby #2 sleeps 8 hours straight from birth - and is a great napper - and doesn't fuss or get colicky - is that too much to ask? :

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
#63 of 70 Old 11-26-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelLucas View Post
Anyone else's kids only wanting momma?
DD doesn't usually display a preference for me over dh, or vice versa. But when she's really tired, cranky, etc., she usually does want only me. And that happens most often when she's up in the middle of the night. If we both go in her room, and I leave (e.g., to get Colic Ease), she goes into hysterics! And if I walk up to dh while he's holding her, she throws herself out of his arms to get to me. It sure is sweet, but I don't know why it always has to be that way in the middle of the night :!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubess View Post
Guess Dad is more fun with the shoulder rides and swinging around after he gets back home from work.
Ange, I totally have the theory that dads are more fun to play with exactly because they're not around all the time. I mean, who could sustain that level of activity all day every day? The very fact that they spend less time with the kids (at least for those of us who are SAHMs) is what makes them a more rambunctious and exciting playmate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubess View Post
DS just smiled at me, turned walked away. Seems he thinks that he could do without Mama hanging about and couldn't give a hoot if I weren't there.
Aww, dd is the same way. Sometimes I wish she was more cuddly and "needed" me, but in the end, I think it's easier this way. She is so content to play by herself and is just really independent, although I think your son isn't quite like that (seem to recall he has a bit of an issue with you being on the computer and giving your dh hugs ). He loves you to pieces Ange ... don't ever doubt it!

Donna and Shay, it must be somewhat surreal to have teens and babies at the same time! How do the older kids get on with the little ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewe+lamb View Post
Hi everyone - back again. Took my first LLL meeting yesterday - it was a toddler meeting so it was a bit of a breeze the baby meeting will be more difficult.
Ewe, how exciting about the LLL meeting ... glad it went well! That is so cool about the potty learning ... can't believe how easily it's going. And how awesome that the Christmas shopping is done. We were at Ikea yesterday and picked up three things for dd (stacking rings, stuffed dragon, and a collapsible tunnel for her to crawl through). I think that's all we'll get for her. DH and I don't exchange gifts, so that just leaves my parents and brother. I have no idea what to get for them ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaG View Post
Oh, and about not getting sleep - I am also choosing to remain deluded until the 2nd baby is born - I am trying to manifest that baby #2 sleeps 8 hours straight from birth - and is a great napper - and doesn't fuss or get colicky - is that too much to ask? :
Chels, we'll have to get our girls together so they can carry stuff around in their potties together . I'm so glad your pg is going well, and don't be bummed about not wanting the chocolate! Fruit is good, good, good (even if out of season). I'm crossing my fingers that you guys avoid the worst of the cold, and hopefully we can get together later this week. I can't believe how many words Rosie has ... maybe she can teach a few of them to dd! Putting in a request that baby #2 is a good sleeper for you .

We are doing okay here ... finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I think. DD's sleep is still a little disturbed, but she's only up for about an hour instead of 3-4 :. DH and I are tired, tired, tired, but I'm hoping we'll all start making up some sleep soon.

My dad built a little indoor slide for me when I was a kid, and he's held onto it all these years. So we got it from him the other day, and dh cleaned it up and put it together in our living room (it's hysterical, with retro 70s paint and carpeting ... will have pics on my blog soon). DD likes it pretty well, although she won't go down the slide without holding onto our hands. She loves to climb all over it and stand up on the platform, though. It's pretty cute.

I had her hair up in ponytails yesterday, and my god does she look like a little girl now. Where has my baby gone??

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#64 of 70 Old 11-26-2006, 05:11 PM

Ewe, I forgot to mention that lavender oil really helps me when I'm having trouble sleeping; and I have a long, long history with insomnia. I was shocked to discover how effective it was. Not sure what's available in France, although I know there is a wide range of purity (and cost!) when it comes to essential oils. I get mind from Young Living Oils ... expensive as heck, but they smell incredible. And I broke down and bought an electric diffuser (it doesn't use heat, as that supposedly degrades the oil) that I run at night while I sleep. You don't have to get that fancy, though ... you can sprinkle a few drops on a cotton ball and place it on your pillow, etc. I bought the diffuser because I use it almost every night, so it was the easiest thing to do.

#65 of 70 Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 AM

I'd completely forgotten about lavender oil - I have some in the cupboard !! Blame that on the tiredness!! How cute about the slide you have got from your Dad - sounds really cute - there is a small slide at the playgroup that we go to and after seeing his sister running down - Kian has decided that he can do the same thing!! And he manages just fine!!

ewe + dh = our little lambs + we and have many just : and : life .
#66 of 70 Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Only a few hours before the beginning of December... another month has fly by... how can this be:

Anna and her brother were both sick the last two days... gastro... I want her poop to be "solid" again! and for her to go once or twice a day... not every 15 minutes!!! I've use way too many disposables lately between the diaper rash and now the diarrhea but I tried to put her in FB and got a lot of runny poop all over the floor and the toys she's playing with :

Of course, this doesn't help with the tiredness... but I'm ok with it since DH is taking her once in a while so I can take a nap

I'll open a new thread in the morning :

Valérie   
#67 of 70 Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 AM

Nights are continuing to be a nightmare, and now naps too. DD is no longer sick, and I am at a total loss as to what is going on. I am seriously losing my shxt ... screaming, yelling, throwing things. I need sleep desperately ... dh and I have even talked about me spending some nights in a hotel.

Made an emergency appointment with the homeopath today, and for CST tomorrow. The homeopath isn't completely sure what's going on, but used muscle testing and changed up dd's remedies somewhat. Started her on an herbal remedy to help with sleeplessness (I've taken it myself and found it really helpful) and some others to help with anxiety, irritability, etc. She went to sleep fairly easily tonight, compared to the last few nights where it has taken hours, so that was encouraging.

I asked the homeopath if I would be seeing uninterrupted sleep any time soon, and she said she wished she could tell me otherwise, but she thinks no. I don't even know what dd wants. Most of the time she won't even nurse. I am only having one letdown a day now. She "nurses" more often than that (maybe 3 times/day), but only vigorously enough to bring a letdown once a day. I'm scared she's going to wean, and I think she's really not ready. She always wants to "nurse" when she's tired, even though there's no letdown, and it is so not a peaceful experience. There's all the popping on and off and constant side-switching. I feel like I'm at the gym working out! It's been so bad lately I've started dreading nursing her, along with dreading trying to put her to bed.

Sometimes I think I have to have another baby, just so I get another chance to have a normal nursing relationship, and see how wonderful it can be. Because this ain't wonderful.

Gah. I don't understand why things have gotten so bad with the sleep all of a sudden. I can understand if she's sick or teething, but she's not. So WHAT GIVES?!?!

#68 of 70 Old 12-01-2006, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Only a few hours before the beginning of December... another month has fly by... how can this be:

Anna and her brother were both sick the last two days... gastro... I want her poop to be "solid" again! and for her to go once or twice a day... not every 15 minutes!!! I've use way too many disposables lately between the diaper rash and now the diarrhea but I tried to put her in FB and got a lot of runny poop all over the floor and the toys she's playing with :

Of course, this doesn't help with the tiredness... but I'm ok with it since DH is taking her once in a while so I can take a nap

I'll open a new thread in the morning :
Cross-posted. Valerie, that sounds awful ... your poor kids! And poop on the floor and toys is not good. Naps, however, are very good.

#69 of 70 Old 12-01-2006, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

Shana, I'm sorry you're still struggling with sleeping

Nursing... DD nurses too many times a day (and night) for me to count Had my annual check up monday and doctor asked if she was nursing 4 times a day and I said yes but it's more than that! I just wasn't ready to discuss my parenting with the doctor. (I also said our sleep was good : )

Valérie   
#70 of 70 Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

November is gone...

come join us here

Valérie   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page