~~December 2004~~November Thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 124 Old 11-26-2006, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMommy View Post
hmm, doesn't work anymore. Well, the basic idea was y'all rock...

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 124 Old 11-27-2006, 11:34 AM

Charlie and Owen:

: : : : : : : : : : :

GreenBetty: and and
#93 of 124 Old 11-27-2006, 11:50 AM

Ooohhh, happy birthday boys! Can't wait to hear how their days went!
#94 of 124 Old 11-28-2006, 03:03 PM

Hi everyone. we are out of town so I wanted to say happy birthday to all the babies who have birthdays already!!!!

I hope evryone enjoyed the holiday.

Iris and I are in Durham visiting my sister until Friday. we are enjoying a late burst of warm weather and spending tons of time outside. Iris loved thanksgiving. She ate Yams for three days straigh she called the dams.

Dh and I did all of her x-mas slash birthday shopping on Black Friday. Don't flame me but she is having a my little pony birthday as she loves them more than any toy ever. I got her the frilly frocks boutique-it has a pony that sews lol, a bath tub pony, and a few pony odds and ends. For chirstmas I went more traditonal getting her an awesome wooden train set, a playhouse pop up tent, wooden food, puzzels, books, and some wooden educational toys. It feels realy good to just be done shopping for her since the holidays have been a big looming stress to me.

What kinds of toys are your little ones getting this year?

Mom to Iris and Henry
#95 of 124 Old 11-28-2006, 03:34 PM

We're getting Aiden one of those spongey "couches" (maybe the sort that pulls out to a bed)... the boys have a chair one that they love, so we figured this way they could sit together in it.

For Christmas they're getting the Cars movie action figures from the Disney store, some play doh, and homemade stuff -- pjs, blankets (one with trucks is almost done!), etc. They have such an insane amount of toys we aren't going to add to them much this year -- I'm sure our families will do plenty of that! I am helping my mom put together two "tool boxes" with grownup stuff in them... a fabric & a regular measuring tape, a big roll of painters tape (easier to take off walls), safety scissors (not sure if aiden will get these!), a little (but Adult styled) flashlight, etc. I know they'll get a big kick out of them...

Oh, I'm also going to pick up these two books: Polar Bear, What Do You See? and Panda Bear, What Do You See?

They check out the Brown Bear one from the library every single time we go, so I *think* my MIL is getting them that one -- if not I'll pick it up too...

Oh, we also got them a couple Thomas brand engines a few months ago.
#96 of 124 Old 11-28-2006, 04:33 PM

Oooo, toys; one of my favorite topics, even though we don't actually have many!

We're definitely getting Jett trains from www.woodentrain.com They're made in Missouri and sooo realistic looking. We were going to get this set from Brio: http://trains4tots.com/br33brtrsetb.html until I found the USA made stuff.
So, we'll get the road part of the Brio set from Brio/Plan City, but get the rest from Whittle Wooden Trains.
Jett already has the firehouse from Plan City, so I'll probably get him the airport or maybe something less expensive to go with it. I'm addicted to the city layout stuff, myself, so I don't mind spending the money on it. Thankfully, I'm not just buying for me, he adores it!

I need to choose some new books, but haven't decided yet. Also, I still want to get him the Learning Tower, but haven't ordered it.

He 'needs' new bath toys, since his last ones got all rotty inside. Shanon doesn't remember to empty the squirty animals, so they get grow mildew that shoots out the next time you play with it. It's nasty!!

And, let's see...I want to get him some sort of ride-on toy for outside, like a toddler scooter or like-a-bike or something. I'm short on ideas here.

I want to get a pillow for him, wool batting maybe? I can't seem to find natural toddler pillows that aren't cotton-filled. That just sounds short-lived and lumpy to me.

I'm looking forward to reading what everyone else is getting, so I can find better ideas in the lower price range. All my ideas are $$$!

-----

So, while I'm typing this, Jett walked over and smacked me in the eye. I smacked him back. Very softly, mind you, but that's not the point. I can't believe I did that. I didn't think, I just reacted and that's scary. Where's my self-control? It's just soooooo wrong. He bawled and cried, "Nursies!" I told him how sorry I am and that mamas should never do that, but s*%$, WHAT was I thinking?!?! I can't believe it. :

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#97 of 124 Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM

Well unfortunately christmas is on the credit card this year. It rips me in two to do it, but with the midwife fees, the car payment, and the chiropractor (also not covered by insurance) that is the way it has to be. So dh is making her a kitchen set, we bought her some cheap metal pots and pans, some utensils, crayons, new color book, xylophone, pajamas, bathtub crayons. I got her a little wooden fire truck for 9.00 at Tuesday morning and a little wooden dollhouse with furniture and dolls for 25.00. Wood puzzle. Recorder. I am knitting her some play food and sewing her an apron. Oh and some play clothes, a pair of puppy slippers, and a new umbrella stroller for her dollies. I know it sounds like alot but we only spent about 100 on her. Most of the kitchen stuff my mom scrounged from work. This set is going to have real cabinet doors and a marble counter top. It's amazing the things they throw out there.
#98 of 124 Old 11-28-2006, 11:39 PM

Oh man, I had to share the latest pregnancy photo I've gotten developed:

32 weeks:

(I warned you all last time about the weight I was gaining...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/wja/32weeks.jpg

I am 33 1/2 weeks now... and just keep packin' on the pounds!
#99 of 124 Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 AM

Pounds? What pounds? I just see a gorgeous baby belly! Sweet picture, Jenelle.
#100 of 124 Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM

Oh, thanks, cinnamonamon... :

I got rushed when trying to post that last night, so I didn't get to say all I wanted to... I just had a bad day yesterday period... I am so sick of being pregnant, but at the same time am NOT ready for baby to be here... had a real "insensitive dh" moment at just the wrong time yesterday and cried for like 2 hours straight... then I'm looking at that picture, and comparing it to my 24 week picture (when I really didn't look so bad), and realizing how much weight I've gained, how long it's going to take to lose it, etc... Ugh. I just FEEL huge!

I also meant to respond, Jaclyn, about your moment with Jett. Please don't beat yourself up about it. Right or wrong, I have done the same thing with my kids, and you know what? They learn pretty quickly that it's not fun, and quit doing it to me. Of course, I'm not telling you that's what you should do, if it makes YOU feel so bad, I am just offering s and letting you know that we ALL lose our cool in one way or another sometimes!
#101 of 124 Old 11-29-2006, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Jaclyn, I know what you felt, I have done this too. Niko sometimes gets me in the eye or mouth and I slap back. The other day both kids were at me for different things and I yelled at them to be quiet and give me a second, there was total silence, then the crying stared. I felt so bad but needed the outlet. We talked it out and are okay now. DD is at an age to push all limits and boundarys at all times, Six is much worse than two! But I hear this is normal and am looking forward to her next birthday. Niko is a sweetie most of the time.

Jenelle, you look great, although I do remember not feeling that way after 30 weeks or so too.

We are getting the kids a few toys and the Aunties and Grandparents will fill in the rest. I picked up a couple videos for Sara at Ross for $4, Matilda and Madaline. I need to get back there and take a look at the toys. They have great deals on wooden toys there and I want to get Niko some trucks and train pieces. I also want to get him some big truck to play in the sand with. He loves sand. For Sara I am getting her some board games so we have more choices and both kids are going shopping this weekend for new clothes as they cant wait till Christmas, both are growing so fast.

We are going to Tahoe for the kids first white (hopefully) Christmas ever. DH's dad has a condo up there and is renting another in the same complex for us and DH's sister to stay in. We have the week off and looking forward to going. I just need to get Niko a snow suit.
#102 of 124 Old 11-29-2006, 07:07 PM

It's this age. Cole walked up and tugged on my shirt earlier and I picked him up getting ready to nurse him only to realize that he had poop ALL OVER him and had wiped it ALL OVER ME! I seriously ALMOST popped him on the leg as he thrashed in the bathtub getting poopy water all over the bathroom. It was so freaking gross. His hands still stink and now I stink again, after bathing, just from nursing him down for a nap. Gag.

Happy Birthday to all that I missed. I've been really blah lately. I hate Texas.
#103 of 124 Old 11-29-2006, 08:46 PM

Jaclyn - you are not alone. BTDT. I felt pretty crappy about it too, but sometimes they just catch you at a low point.

Jenelle - you look great! You don't look much different from the last picture, well except your belly is much bigger, but that's it. My face was soooo round by this stage when I was pregnant with Sadie.

Gifts...we've spent about 120 bucks so far with Sadie's bday and Christmas gifts. My parents and grandma are getting her the biggie items...play kitchen, wagon, play table and chairs, mini piano, we filled in the rest...wooden food and table settings, wooden starter train set, a puzzle, art smock, a wooden lacing toy. I might add a few small things and some art supplies, but otherwise she's done. I love internet shopping!

I almost forgot - Happy Birthday to the November babies!!!
#104 of 124 Old 11-29-2006, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jaclyn. That kind of thing really does just happen.

We decided to get Charlie one big thing for Xmas and a stocking, after the overwhelming deluge of presents from friends and family for his birthday. I ordered this dollhouse today. I'm so in love with it! Charlie's really been doing a lot imaginative play with little figures, so I figured he'd most enjoy a set for his stories to take place on. I got the "ethnic" doll set as they are the only ones not dressed like dorkuses. I can't believe how hard it is to find a dollhouse doll that doesn't look like it's ready for a hoedown. Plus, we are not actually ethnicity-free in this house despite our light skin, so I guess they're the right pick there too!
#105 of 124 Old 11-30-2006, 11:08 AM

m~h~l... I'm not sure how to type that new screen name of yours... but I hope you get to move soon!

And...

: Cole!!!

Thanks Sadiesmom, I am just so self-concious anyway, and 30 extra pounds doesn't help. :
#106 of 124 Old 11-30-2006, 11:28 AM

Two years ago today... (I'm going to cry all day long. How can he be 2?)
I was getting out of the birth tub and putting on some clothes. The midwife had just decided it was time to go to the hospital. Two years ago, sometime right about this very moment, my heart shattered into a million little pieces.
#107 of 124 Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM

Happy Birthday Cole!! And to anyone I might have missed

Owen's birthday party was great. The weather was a balmy 55 degrees in Vermont so we took the party to the park and did a pot-luck brunch. It was relaxing and fun

Christmas is different this year for us. With all that has been happening, we have a group at our local hospital that is buying us Christmas, so it seems like we will be getting more stuff than we usually get. Normally we do a "something you want, something you need, something you wear and something you read" and a gift from Santa. Real low key as Owen' birthday is in November and Aidan's is in February. We're going to start making some catnip mice and some cookies for dogs and go to the Animal Shelter and spend a day of it
#108 of 124 Old 11-30-2006, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ooh Amy, that sounds like fun. Maybe we'll do that with the shelter here sometime.

, "The Symbol formerly known as mhl". I hate Texas with a passion, having lived there briefly. Any news on when that transfer's gonna happen?

Two years ago exactly I was plastered to the side of Charlie's little plastic box in the NICU while the nurses tried to shoo me away. I'm trying not to dwell in the anger and pain of that time.
#109 of 124 Old 11-30-2006, 04:27 PM

Happy Birthday Cole! You're two!

Angela - I'm sorry you are still processing grief that went along with his birth. Peace to you.
#110 of 124 Old 11-30-2006, 05:02 PM

Happy Birthday Cole and Charlie and anybody else I missed. I have really been cutting back on my MDC time.

Oh Jacklyn- I forgot to say anything about it in my previous post, but I have had those moments when anger got the best of me too. I am not proud of it, but I try to figure out what triggered it and work on the problem. It's all I can do but I don't beat myself up over it. For me, I grew up in a very abusive household so I am trying to overcome my conditioning to violence, but I understand this is not the case for most people.

Wow, I am really sorry I didn't know you guys during pregnancy. It seems like so many of us are still carrying hurts from the birth of our children. I hope we all some day find healing. I know it sounds really kooky but I am really hoping this new baby's birth brings me healing, and my birth wasn't nearly as traumatic as it sounds like some of yours were.
#111 of 124 Old 11-30-2006, 06:26 PM

The artist formerly known as... you guys are crackin me up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jord

Even I don't know how the hell you'd type it. I had to C&P.
#112 of 124 Old 11-30-2006, 11:53 PM

Wow, I never would have thought you could cut & paste a username... interesting!
#113 of 124 Old 12-01-2006, 01:06 AM

Jörð

Yep, apparently, you can! That's a really cool, meaning, I really liked reading about it.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#114 of 124 Old 12-01-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past_VNE View Post
Jörð

Yep, apparently, you can! That's a really cool, meaning, I really liked reading about it.
I agree! You should link that in your siggie

Oh, you guys, I just made the invites for Aiden's birthday party -- I did a photo collage of 7 pics of him from birth til now... My baby is so sweet. I *had* to look through 2 years of photos to pick just the right ones, of course! I think the ones from about 15-18 months ago were my favorites -- they were the ones I kept oohing over.

I'll let ya'll know as soon as I get the cover of the invite loaded up to my blog.
#115 of 124 Old 12-01-2006, 03:31 PM

Okay, click the link to my blog to see Aiden's little collage.
#116 of 124 Old 12-02-2006, 12:39 AM

Cute!

And Dude. It's depressing seeing such great knitting. Reminds me that I suck and can't at all/.
#117 of 124 Old 12-02-2006, 01:44 AM

Jord -- thanks! I knitting... I picked it up last fall & was immediately hooked. Now if I can just get through all that I have planned so I can knit for baby (and me!).

Not to mention my neglected sewing area... I just bought a space heater tonight so I have no more excuses to not be in there.

Of course this is all a moot point when your almost 2 year old is STILL awake (he even survived a 1/2 hour carride!). This child....
#118 of 124 Old 12-03-2006, 07:38 PM

is there a new thread?

Mom to Iris and Henry
#119 of 124 Old 12-04-2006, 08:57 AM

I just searched the forum and didn't see one so i am going to start it. someone redirect me if it already exsists.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#120 of 124 Old 12-04-2006, 09:00 AM

new thread.

We decorated for Xmas this weekend.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ter2006011.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ter2006005.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ter2006004.jpg

I have to get back to Iris. She was cranky all day yesterday and woke up this morning with a ragin head cold and a mild fever.

Mom to Iris and Henry

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page