*~*Do you smell garlic?? May 2004 Mamas are rockin' in December!*~* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2006, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Labor Day time is a definite no can do for me--just way too much going on just before and just after. I also want to hold off committing in general, because I think money from the vacation pot may get eaten up in therapist bills. Sorry to be so lukewarm...

Where's Sherri?

EL, sending your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2006, 10:05 PM

haven't read all the retreat to mexico biz on the yg but it's probably out for us next year as i am already traveling to boston for an alumni leaders thing in early june and possibly to michigan for my sister's graduation in late april and then my whole fam is working on planning another big trip for spring or maybe fall 2008... if something gets set up, i will consider the timing and reevaulate then...

~c

p.s. what did/do you all do for the little tiny knife nails of a young infant on your breasts or belly? i try to keep them short but he still gets them on me and it bugs the crap outta me...
Old 12-09-2006, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
p.s. what did/do you all do for the little tiny knife nails of a young infant on your breasts or belly? i try to keep them short but he still gets them on me and it bugs the crap outta me...
Oh, gods, I tried cutting Rowan's nails when he was tiny, and I CUT HIS FINGER. I'm sure you remember me freaking out about that.
Anyway, that's about all I did...I refused to cut his nails for so long after that...DH had to do it.
Sorry I don't have better advice!

Well, I thought I'd have more time for a post, but DH wants me off the computer and on the couch with him, since I've been out of the house all day (working--and I have a craft faire tomorrow! Wish me luck!) so I think I will go.

Have a great rest of the weekend, mamas!

Old 12-10-2006, 12:17 PM

Hi goils--

Oh, those tiny nails can be a killer, TC! I do the same--try to keep them short and do what I can. Maybe put socks on his hands while nursing?

I am so excited about this house/center thing, and I really want to do a good job--so I am doing my homework and am going to put together a business plan of sorts for the owner. The house as such was designed and intended for his then-family (ex gf with her 2 kids) and a friend's family, with kids, to come down and enjoy with whomever else they wanted. I am really trying to root out the best audience/intention of this place, and I think it is for families to gather (versus participants of retreats) at this point.
He is willing to put more money into it but for example: does one invest in a pool table, or a wooden dance floor and mirrors? I think really honing in on the intention is the thing, to find our niche, versus the two other retreat centers here in town, while considering the owner's values and my own as manager. His values are spirituality (he envisions a group of meditators using the space), family, and art. My values are pretty similar, with dance and movement thrown in there.

I am totally gathering info here, so any thoughts on the matter are welcome. I think I might post out in the bigger pool of mdc to see if anyone has worked in a similar situation.

kiss kiss
e
Old 12-10-2006, 03:01 PM

i loved those open bottom nightgowns with the hand cover flaps for the infant nails.

ohhhhhh windy and the window by my computer is SOOOO drafty. eep!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:45 PM

So much going on here! The office is too cold for computer-time, so I'm shacked up in the living room trying to get stuff done before people come in and start eavesdropping on my computer talk. We move in a week, we have nothing packed, the lentil is finally settled here and we're going to shake him up all over again... and my dissertation is in a shambles. Oh, blessed New Year, please give me the courage to follow through!

And TTC: after an incredibly long, frustrating wait I finally ovulated (on day 26!) and am now in the midst of a blessedly distracted tww. I never thought I would be pleased to be waiting to pee on a stick.

I needs some garlic here, if you know what I mean. But I don't want to interfere with the baby-makin', so I'm just sitting it out, itching and grumpy. just in case.

Renae- I remember your unfortunate baby nail experience. I have a friend who did that, and she still files her daughter's nails, years later. We don't have to worry about that because the lentil chews his nails, much to our chagrin. I blame it on the move. I don't remember the nails on the belly being a problem, either. Sorry I have no pearls of wisdom about that!

I'm still here, lurking, reading YG. I have the package pretty much done for my secret pal, just a matter of finishing up little bits here and there. Yay!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

emmalola, right after I read your post last night, I started itching too. WTF?
This morning it's better but man, if I have to stick any garlic in my hoo-ha...someone is gonna answer for it! :

So anyway, I am feeling sluggish this morning, but that's not new. My son is in the other room watching Elmo's World, also nothing new. :
The craft fair yesterday sux0red, I paid $45 for a table, and I sold ONE THING. For FIVE DOLLARS. And it wasn't even something *I* made!!! So I quit.
Well, not really. But I am done with craft fairs for a little while, at least until spring. Money is so tight I can't even think about listing anything on etsy.com or ebay until one of us gets paid (though I have a couple things in both places right now) and well, good thing I have that retail job!

I'm in a poopyish mood today. I hope it passes. We're supposed to have a playdate with the raisin-and-germ-free mama and her DD. I am trying to get excited about it, really! Seriously, she can tell something is up, and I told her a little of it (at least the stuff we can actually solve) and I dunno if it helped. I think I need to just get over it and I'm trying! She keeps wanting to process. She reminds me of my ex-girlfriend.

Okay, enough of my whining. Sleep has been an issue over here, but again, NOTHING NEW! : I don't even know what to do to keep Rowan from waking up and needing to be patted for an HOUR at least once a night anymore. DH and I are about to die, but we'll hang on for a little while longer. I wish I could hook a coffee-drip into my arm.

I think I will sign off until my pity party has ended. Haha. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Oh! On a cute & awesome note, DH put blue lights all around the roof of Rowan's playhouse in the backyard! It looks sooooo cute! I'll take some pictures.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:28 PM

that sounds cute renae. i hope the poopyish feeling passes too so you can have fun. maybe you can gently get some feelings out with your friend.

i have a million things to do today so i am trying to find some motivation. lots of errands and a huge contract to review and i am going to attempt to make soap. it shouldn't be that hard but i want to do it while isaac is out school aka out of my hair. we also have no groceries and i think i have one piece of measly toast to feed him for breakfast this morning. which is all we have had lately. 'i don't want TOAST' we are even totally out of TOILET PAPER. outta control i tell ya, mamas. and we never actually bagged our leaves. dh raked them into piles which are currently killing the lawn : this is not surprising because i am usually the leaf-raker/bagger but today is raining and i really don't want to get out there. plus i need to go to home depot and buy a new downspout to see if this will help the water in the front corner of the basement. another thing dh *could* have done yesterday. but he worked saturday and wanted to sit on his butt and watch football day yesterday. whatcha gonna do? we went to our annual cooking baking thang at my boss' house. so actually i think we will just have cookies for breakfast

mceesarahbee when are you leaving? did you leave already???
Old 12-11-2006, 03:16 PM

I have not left yet. We fly out on Wednesday. Our flight is at noon which is so nice - don't have to get up at the asscrack of dawn.

It was good to see you and Isaac at the cake party, Jess. Sorry we left shortly after you got there. We had been there for a while and it was pretty crazy in the beginning. Missed you, though, Claudia - was it just too much to make it into town?

Today is a big rush-around errand day for me. Luckily our nanny is coming today and tomorrow. I feel spoiled but it is oh-so-nice to run errands and wrap presents, etc. withOUT the toddler drama.

I am done with my secret gifty, too - just gotta get it in the mail!

OK, must go find out what just clattered to the floor...later, 'gators.

Sarah
Old 12-11-2006, 03:25 PM

"asscrack of dawn"==:

Renae, your friend wanting to "process"...mega because I just get so sick of that. I mean, if you're in a romantic relationship and it's worth the fuss, okay, but otherwise? Come ON. Sooooo sick of "processing"...sorry 'bout that craft fair too...wah! Such a bummer. Viet does arts n crafts faires here with his artwork, and he can get sooo burned out when there are no sales.

Glad you could do errands sans toddledrama, Sarahbee. I know that joy.

Emmalola I am soooo keeping fingers crossed for you! Go, fertilization, go!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:27 PM

p.s. Viet & I partied down with the pulque last night...it was fun fun fun but actually tooooooo much fun, I ended up vomiting! Demure moi just does not party 'til she pukes anymore, I swear it! I am SUCH a lightweight...but before that happened, it was mega mega mega fun! We were dancin and whoopin it up. Gotta appreciate the good parts about Viet, as they are so limited in scope.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, Els; haven't you learned your lesson with the pulque yet? I remember a certain incident from quite some time ago...
Of course, I have a Vegas story that DEFINITELY belongs in the YG...and it (partly) involved vomit, too. It's TOTALLY funny NOW!
Anyway! Thanks for the thoughts and commisseration. What sort of art does Viet do?
Visit with friend went okay...she um...wow. Well, she was talking about how she FORCED her younger DD to take a bottle (she does nurse, and they used pumped bm, but she wanted to make sure she would be "free to go out, etc" ), and how that "inspired" another family to DO THE SAME THING, even after thier kid refused the bottle! I thought I was over this, but it was SO hard not to say anything. I didn't know how to say something that wouldn't sound like "ARE YOU INSANE???"

I mean, I understand that the other family had 2 working parents, child had to take a bottle or something to get fed, but well...there are so many other options...anyway. I just didn't have the fight in me today.
She ran into a friend of mine at the store the other day and was just floored that she had never been without her younger DS (her first time shopping without either of her sons).
She told me, "Isn't her younger son like a year old now? How could she NOT be DYING to go out with her DH?? I couldn't be TRAPPED for a YEAR!!!"
I told her I could relate, and that DH and I still don't go out all that much. She doesn't get it AT ALL. But then again, she never has. *sigh*

I'm just...ack. Anyway, besides some of these things she said where I just had no idea what to say back to her, the playdate went well. Rowan and her older DD adore each other. We had lunch there, Rowan's napping (not sure how much longer, but hey) and DH will be home a bit early from work for dinner, then he has a meeting at church tonight so I am on my own with Mr. Pooperton until bedtime.

I am feeling less poopy myself, thanks, DH and I have YET to talk about "the retreat to Mexico" but I think he is pretty pro-visit, since he knows I am sad about not making it to CA in the next year or so--so more on that soon!

My pizza rolls are done (I didn't eat lunch yet; : I have to find some fruit or something to make the pizza rolls be less terrible. ), so I am off!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:08 PM

I do not want to be at work today. There are just too many alluring home projects to tackle (and all this talk of running errands and going to the mall is making me wish for some down time for reals). I want to be unpacking boxes with trashy new direct tv blaring. I want to go buy a tree and wrap presents. Sigh. And really, I want to go pick up my girl from childcare and take her home to snuggle and rest. She was up until 10:30 last night (talking about not wanting the fox to come in the window again ) and was feeling pretty rough because of it this morning . Poor flea.

Kudos to Els for having a grand time with Viet and also to Renae for spending good times with your friend with which there is much to disagree.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:31 PM

Els---Renae stole my thoughts...have you learned nothing about the ways of the pulque? Pulque in/pulque out! Glad other activities were enjoyable!

Renae---perhaps then this is jsut the kind of friendship to nurture just enough so Rowan can have a friend to play with. I'm wondering now if I don't need to get over myself and my : at some of the moms around here just so C can have more buddies.

Okay...I need suggestions for what to take to the LLL potluck holiday thingy on Wednesday. There are a mix of 1ish and 2ish toddlers so I'm thinking cookies? Or what? I'm so not into the healthy/whole foods holiday snacking if ykwim! help!

Lisa--ah...wish you could get the snuggly downtime with E to enjoy the new digs! May the work week speed by!

hehe...Sarah said asscrack....have a great trip!!!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 12-11-2006, 06:52 PM

Heather-

Oatmeal-raisin cookies? Or oatmeal-nutbutter no-bake mounds? Did I send back your Super Baby Food book? 'Cause there are some really yummy-sounding no-bake cookie recipes in there, IIRC. Or how about date bars - they're remotely healthy and darn good.

Renae, I totally hear you about the mama friends who you don't agree with. It's hard. I honestly have a really hard time hanging out with people who do CIO, etc. even if I really like them otherwise. Bottles for working mamas I'm ok with, but CIO, early weaning, overnight babysitters at 2 months, etc. - those things are hard to take with a nod and a smile.

The family we have our nannyshare with is totally cool, and I really like them, but at the first interview I was a little scared because, well, you know, first impressions. The mama was wearing designer everything and had her hair blown out, you know what I mean (no offense to those of you who wear designer clothes and have their hair blown out - it's just not exactly my style, kwim). ANYWAY. So we were chatting and I was wondering where they were on the AP spectrum, and her 2-year-old walks over and crawls in her lap, she pops out a boob without blinking an eye, continues chatting...and I was like, aaaah, ok, she's cool. It's turned out really well and we get along great.

OK, enough blabbing, lunch over, must go find more boxes for mailing.

TTFN

Sarah
Old 12-11-2006, 07:03 PM

Sarah---no bake...great idea! Will go check the book!

please someone kick me so I'll stop wasting precious both girls napping at the same time quiet time to do something!

Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 PM

*kick*

Heather, pulque in/pulque out had me laughing. Sooo true! But I tell you, it was almost worth it! Would have been totally worth it if mr. hangover could have kept his 3pm Sol duty. But nooo, he's feeling poorly, he says. GRRRR.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:12 PM

I guess what bothers *me* about Renae's friend (if we're going to do a pile-on ) is that it sounds like she's self-righteous about it. There are ways that *I* am "crunchier", and ways that I'm most certainly not, but I'm not gonna rub anyone's nose in it (crunchier than thou), because I don't want my nose rubbed myself, y'know? (And I'm SURE that she's got her very uncrunchified spots.) And maybe I'm just sensitive about the oral stuff, but forcing a bottle is *not* okay in my book. (tsk tsk) I know how hard it is to find mom friends, but seriously, I would ditch her... it doesn't sound she's getting *any* of the signals you're sending. to you.

(I dunno. I feel pretty lucky in my (RL) circle of mom friends, because (miracle of miracles) there's very little judgment that goes on. But before that, it was definitely kind of hit or miss.)

Have we all talked about preschool (at 3, I suppose, for those who aren't doing it yet)? I'm realizing that I'm feeling kind of mixed about sending Z to T's old school. Y'all know about my experience with the freak dad at T's old school. One thing that I never talked about, I think, is how clique-y I found a lot of them moms to be (and of course, I wondered if it was just *me* ... turns out--after talking about *after* school finished with my best school buddy--I wasn't alone). I ran into another mom last week who has a son in the 4 turning 5 class (whose son remembered and missed and adored T)... *she* is having a hard time with the cliquiness (yeah, unfortunately, the same people), very frustrated, to the point of wondering about taking her ds out midyear. So I think we're going to check out our other options, just to be on the safe side. I think I may say something about it to the teachers, too (they are not part of the cliquiness). I think the *school* part is fine, it's the rest of it (ie, *my* experience) that is needing some fixing.

Some kind of muffins (with cranberries?) or quick bread would be a smidge healthier (maybe), but cookies are appreciated by all...

Oh I'm definitely the one wearing designer clothes and blown out hair. NOT!

Oh yeah... L ATE something this weekend. (She gummed on the end of a very soft spear of mango, and she *swallowed*.)
Old 12-11-2006, 11:16 PM

I'm not sure if I'd be able to look past all of your friend's issues to really be a good friend with her, Renae. It's not like you are judging her, its more like you and her have totally different philosophies. I applaud you for being able to look past alot of that. Personally I don't know if I could be as big as you.

KK, I'm sorry ot hear that you're having second thoughts about sending Z to T's school. I think I remember you talking highly of the program, and its a real shame that you are reconsidering it due to clique-y parents. But you gotta do what you're comfortable with, and if you can find a more open atmosphere that's welcoming to *all* and not just a certain few, that would be ideal. We're planning on sending Katie to preschool in the fall. I have been astounded at what agreat P/S I found when we moved. I liked Sarah's previous school, but this place blows it away. The teachers and directress are out of this world. And the new school totally encourages parent involvement, and there is a parent helper each day in school, which I'm really digging. Its nice to be able to be present and watch what goes on on a day-to-day basis. But practically every time I take Sarah to school to drop her off, Miss K melts down because she wants to stay. So I really think she'll enjoy school.

Katie's doing quite well on the potty, I must say. Few accidents. And today's accident involved her peeing on the floor right in front of the potty, with her underwear already pulled down and the toilet insert already on the seat. So she knew she had to go and where to go, but just wasn't fast enough. It was pretty funny, though, as she wadded up some toilet paper and was trying to help me clean it up.

Sarah-whre ya going? When are you going to be back? Have a great trip!

I'm off to look at One Step Ahead at potty inserts with the step stool attached. Katie prefers the insert on the big potty, but can't make it up by herself I think this will hopefully foster a little independence for her.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 PM

OMG... I *am* the beacon of truth. (Somebody's a little DDDDCky these days...)

(I'm hiding from a poopy diaper... that's why I'm online... : )

Nice to see you, Sherri... I've seen the step-stool/potty thing of which you speak, and it doesn't seem too sturdy to me.

Yeah, I *love* T's old teachers--they are absolutely amazing. They give me mega-warm fuzzies, and the way the program is designed fit T's needs very well, and I think they would fit Z's needs. But... the school had big problems filling the 2 classes this year, which is not a good sign. The "ringleader" of the clique is actually now the president of the preschool. She will likely be gone next year, but she may not (her dd's bday is right after the K cut-off date, and she'd been planning on enrolling her ahead anyway, but she might come to her senses and have her do another yr of preschool...). And I've checked out other co-op schools (and not liked them), so if we don't send Z to T's old school, we won't get to co-op, which is a major bummer. I think I may find a diplomatic way to talk to the teachers about it and suggest some ice-breaking and team-building exercises for the parent meetings, at the very least. What I'm struggling with is balancing Z's needs (which come first) with what I have to put up with.

(did anyone read pulque as a different word?)
Old 12-12-2006, 12:14 AM

Sherri--with C we tried a stepstool, but she was just as clumsy with getting situated so if I'm not there she just takes all her clothes off and climbs on backwards. Yay for potty success!!

Totally undecided about the preschool thing. I guess it's related to my being totally undecided about the school thing. We have a local charter school that looks really promising and if C doesn't get in there, we'll likely homeschool. Our area is more conservative and not sure how us UU's fit in with the super churchy preschool folk. At her EI review, they mentioned one that is sort of nearby, but I'm not entirely clear if it's also a daycare that does preschool or what. The library has a preschool fair in February so I think I'll wait and see how that goes. I think she would love a montessori setting, but the closest ones are 25-35 minutes drive.

sherri---so glad you've found a wonderful new school for the girls. I bet you're looking forward to the holidays with more family closer by!

The weather was nicer today and should be for a good week or so at least...I mean 60 next week??? So we were park'ing it today to shake off the winter blahs and cabin fever cropping up.

I am having one of those *so* sick of pumping days. It's just so not natural. I sometimes forget that I'm supposed to and then get all : that I have to shift gears. It's not like you ever forget to feed the baby and then get : , yk? blah.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:36 AM

Heather, for the pumpin' blues.

KK, WHat the heck else could pulque look like? I am very curious! Sounds naughty! Did that poopy diaper come n git ya after you got offline?

Sherri, Hi! Just sayin Hi. :

Lately Sol has started greeting her father with a hearty, "HOLA!". It is so cute. Really loud and clear, unlike most of her speech.

So today, I did it: I took both girls out and did errands with them! I had to because no PapaDuty today with Sol. It was not so bad! Seems like the more time I spend around Sol the better, because when it is during short high-tension spurts we are very stressed around one another. My new mantra is: I enjoy my children, I enjoy my children, I enjoy my children...

because down deep, I do, but I act all stressed and busy around them, doing their/my/everybody's stuff when my core value is really to enjoy them because they are pretty amazingly cute and fun.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:52 AM

i'm always keeping my ears open about preschools around here. i think we have the pick of the crop...it seems like millions to choose from. co-ops, waldorf, montessori, ananda marga, yadda yadda. i like the co-op idea because it is so affordable (~$75-150/mo?) and community building i think. (ie. meeting and working with other parents...but then again there is the clique potential). and being involved and seeing how your kid interacts would be cool. and i like the montessori techniques/philosophies but some of those are 5 days and pretty $$ (providence montessori is $500 or 600 i think). i debate about taking isaac out of his current school and getting him into a real 'preschool' but then i'm back to a) he really likes where he is, b) change is hard for toddlers especially when he is going to have the change of a sibling, and c) i actually will probably need to have a couple of days a week where i can work, d) does it matter to him whether it is a preschool or a daycare and do i want to change him just so it sounds cooler?? i think i'm going to have to pay $350-400 to keep isaac in his class 2 days a week though and that is a LOT of money if i'm not really working. i have *no idea* how much i'm going to be working so it makes it hard

my theory on preschool is that it can be a good transition for kids who are going to go to kindergarten. i think it would be hard to go from 0 to 5 days a week. but if you're going to home/unschool it doesn't matter (ie. you don't have to do any easing into regular time away from mama).

i still remember my preschool. 1st baptist preschool in metairie louisiana

we have isaac's holiday song performance tomorrow. last year he made a beeline for us as soon as he saw us. we'll see what he does tomorrow

i got some of my stuff done today. i did make soap! with the kiddo! and no, he didn't squeeze the whole bottle of food coloring into it. phew. and dh went to the grocery store so i could cross that one off. picked up the christmas card pics. check. speaking of which i should post that pic on yg.

ok must bathe the dood.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:19 AM

Oooh, Jess, please do post your Xmas pic. I've been trying to get a decent one of Lily for WEEKS now and haven't gotten anything that I like. The ones in nice clothes are bad pics, and the good pics she's either naked or in a stained t-shirt. The one I'm kind of thinking of is nothing special; it's a good face and she's wearing legwarmers on her arms. So I want to see yours and compare.

S.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
(did anyone read pulque as a different word?)
not sure what word you mean there, KK, but i am wondering if i should hire someone to slap miss els over the back of the hand for dancing with v... are you *sure* it was just dancing? while standing up on your feet? okay, running away now... (els, i'm just checking up on you. i sincerely mean no offense but am just looking out for your self-stated interests and admission of not being wife material and v being not husband material... )

ok, must go imbibe some yummy alcoholic concoction bill put together from assorted alcohol in our pantry...

~claudia
Old 12-12-2006, 11:37 AM

Thanks, TC, we really were just dancin, I swear! Although today, mamas, I have an appt. for an IUD which I am so thankful for. No more surprises!

gotta run toddler and babe ack!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Before I forget...is MY son the only one who hasn't even THOUGHT about peeing on a potty?? :
I mean, he's sat on it, while I'm sitting on the big toilet, naked, but he's never peed in it. He sits on it fully clothed, he just...well, and I don't really want to deal with the whole potty learning thing yet. : Haha. Am I a loser?
I was reading DH's baby book this morning (he turned thirty a couple weeks ago, so the book was here) and first I ws like "wow. I haven't cracked open Rowan's baby book in like a YEAR!" and then, "wow, DH potty trained at 27 months?" (does math) "aww crap, Rowan is like *30* months!!!"
Haha. Anyway, I feel like maybe I should try soon...I know the kid won't be in diapers in kindergarten...but well, who knows? :
I guess I should start somewhere...hey, I'll make like my friend and take all Rowan's dipes away and put him RIGHT INTO UNDERWEAR! That'll work, right?

*sigh* Yeah, issues. Thank you for your thoughts, mamas. I am maintaining a bit of distance now, and am trying NOT to talk about ANY parenting practices with her, hard as that is. She invited us to have our playdate later in the afternoon next Monday so we can celebrate Hanukkah together, which sounds fun, and her MUCH more laid-back DH will be there too, along with mine...hopefully it'll be okay.
I don't judge either...I try my damndest NOT to be "that mom"...I have crunchy bits, and TOTALLY NOT crunchy bits, and I will NOT stand being judged for how *I* parent, so I try really hard not to judge others...but when my friend talks about all the stuff she's FORCED her children to do because it was *easier* for *her*...*sigh* It's so hard.
I also figure, if she talks about other people and how they parent, I KNOW she talks about ME. I don't really care about that though. Haha.

Speaking of taking the high road and being big (I KNOW I'm "big"! Let's not go there. ) I am sending out holiday cards...and um, I decided to send one to my ex-bf and his *wife*. I HAVE to. I'm sending one to all our other mutual friends, and his mother, for goodness' sake! What a b*tch I would seem if I neglected them. And this way, it's twofold; I show that I'm NOT being catty, and um...the picture is *fantastic*...and she'll have to look at it the whole holiday through!

Speaking of...is everyone's address updated on the YG? I want to send cards to y'all, since it was a professional photo and I can't show you online! It is truly gorgeous!

With that, I am off to pay attention to my little Pooperton, who is no doubt doing major destruction in the living room. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

(thanks for listening to me ramble! )
*fear the smiley abuse! : : (I love the afro!)
Old 12-12-2006, 04:04 PM

we had a major breakthrough during bath last night. i showed isaac how to lay on his back and then he figured out he could lay on his back on his own and float! ears totally in the water! previously this would have had the 'you are drowing me' response. exciting, i know

isaac is only sorta interested in the potty and i am way too lazy to put him in underwear and clean up messes. so you're not the only one renae! i'm letting his school do all the pottylearning :

i'll have to upload the christmas pic from home. it is pretty darn CHEESY! santa at the mall. isaac is kind of scrunched but he is actually smiling. i had to tickle him because he was scared of big santa. he whispered his request for gummy bears last year i couldn't get a decent one at all and sent one where he wasn't smiling. but it was cute. upload your legwarmer on the arm one. it sounds cute.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM

Okay, somehow I got it as puke in puke out uke: (the puke in part didn't make sense, though). And yeah, I agree with TC.

I have to admit that all in all, we're really lucky school-wise here (both pre and public, there are a *lot* of good schools, and yes, crunchy is not blinked at). I really shouldn't complain. I think driving to preschool would be annoying (you drive there, drive home, wait oh, 15 minutes or so, and drive back). I know it's not that bad, but that's what it would seem like, and I'm sure younger siblings don't dig the car ride.

No, I completely avoided that dipe. But Z's dipes are often looking pretty raunchy, and I can't quite figure out what's going on.

And Els... a 2 yr old can smell fear. So you have to act like you're on top of things, even if you're not.

I hate to be so cynical, but I think there's probably clique potential anytime you get a bunch of women (or girls) around. If you throw just *1* "mothering as competitive sport" type in, you can screw up the dynamic for a whole class... they can really unnerve the "weaker" moms and get them on that competitive treadmill.

Jess, I hope you can get things figured out. If you need a couple of days, I wouldn't switch him, esp. since he's happy where he's at.

Ack, I had *another* 4th baby dream (in this one, we named her Esmeralda). I think I need to check into an IUD, too.

L is actually eating honest to goodness applesauce now (2 days in a row). It totally blows my mind. I haven't fed a baby in 5 years, folks... I did feeding therapy with Z when he was closer to a year (not equivalent to actual eating, though), but I never got to the messy puree stage with him (by the time he finally started eating purees--last spring--he was self-feeding). It is just so darned *weird* to see her tongue, lips, etc. move, because Z's never did (and I took it for granted with T). Wow.

I thought it was *Mc*Pooperton.

And I'm extremely lazy about the whole potty thing. I will probably start nudging a bit after Xmas, because he truly is capable (whereas T at this age was not). I'll be honest... I don't want to have to change poopy dipes on 2 kids anymore.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:22 PM

oh i'm sick of poopy dipes too. i've started throwing him on the potty if he's pooping and it hasn't errrr...come out yet. once this resulted in him not pooping and i felt guilty. but 2 times he has pooped. his preferred method is to hide and yell 'i pooping! i not done yet!'

User Tag List