*~*Do you smell garlic?? May 2004 Mamas are rockin' in December!*~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey man, it's what we get when Mama hasn't had her coffee yet!
Not so sure about calling it "garlic-free hoo-has!" Though that would be hilarious!

Just wanted the honor of starting this month's thread. My back hurts. AF is here.

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Happy December! DECEMBER! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 11:18 AM

subbing...

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 12-01-2006, 12:21 PM

Oh, shoot, why don't we just call ourselves the "Yeastie Beasties"??? Garlic notwithstanding.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:46 PM

*sniff sniff*
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 PM

maybe it should have been "can you find the garlic?" :

els: i'm just picturing your scene... :

~claudia
Old 12-01-2006, 02:32 PM

Subbing... somehow, I stopped getting thread notifications... Maybe this month will work.

Congrats Jacquie!! Woo hoo! (I hope next summer isn't too warm! : )
Old 12-01-2006, 03:19 PM

Subbing...I just woke up and smelled the garlic!

I will say more about the hellishness on the YG. TMI for the whole internets.

Off to call Fiddle...
Old 12-01-2006, 03:24 PM

just subbing....

and in the style of Homer Simpson....mmmmm garlic!

Old 12-01-2006, 03:26 PM

oh, my son must be psychic because the second before I went to MDC, he took out his wooden, velcro garlic from his kitchen and said "what's this?" I went on to read the thread title and didn't put two and two together until just now. Funny.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:52 PM

jacquie---maybe he's not letting on that he can read and check the internets by himself already.. too funny.

went to the mall and did the santa thing. Kiddos enjoyed that, but not so much with mommy trying to do some holiday shopping.

Any big plans for the weekend? We might try to get our Christmas tree tomorrow if things dry out. And then Sunday we're having the girls dedicated at our fellowship. Renae--get in the car now....you're invited! (really just trying to make myself and not be that we won't have any family there) I'll even take you to the outlets afterward!

Old 12-01-2006, 04:28 PM

We did the santa thing too! The lentil loved it. He wants a miniature frisbee for christmas. Santa had no clue where to find one. Anyone else have an idea?

subbing.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:28 PM

i'm so glad viet is er......so gynologically qualified. the vision of the headlamp "i'm goin IN!" just about killed me
Old 12-01-2006, 05:55 PM

claudia - yessss need pix of the big growing S. are you going to the cake party? (other pdx mamas?) we should be able to see you there.

i want to do santa at the mall this year. and we are getting a tree sunday. that is an 'assmas' tree btw.

we took the dog in to the dogwash store last night because he is molting his weight in fur on a daily basis right now. isaac insists we took him to the carwash

yay for friday!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:07 PM

EL--we have a few mini ones floating around here somewhere that we got at the dog show and as giveaways. Maybe a dollar store or party store (thinking that would be a party favor kind of thing?)

It's raining. Girls napping. Should be cleaning. So. not. in. the. mood.

Jstar-- at the dogwash/carwash! One of the local petstores has one and C is fascinated by it. Last time we were there, we saw a great dane...yup, that is so not a dog you can wash at home, huh?

Claudia--awesome on the weight gain!! go S! and mama!! Amazing how the same nursing mama and two babes can be so different. And thanks for the help!!

Old 12-01-2006, 10:43 PM

Hey ladies,

Just checking in *real quick*. DH had the Big V today, and he's pretty sore. The doc's instructions were "stay off your feet" so I'm catering to it all (both DD are at MIL's for dinner). DH is feeling pretty whiny. I am doing my best to not point out the lack of catering after I pushed out three babies but I really think that would be counter-productive.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:20 AM

Another quickie post... someone from the local paper may interview me tomorrow about not doing TV with the kids. (Hope I don't come off like a crunchberry.)

I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:24 AM

Ooooh! Crunchberry! KK, how very cool. I really : to you and you are my inspiration. We've been tv & movie free ever since I thought Sol broke our little dvd player (which she didn't, but it's up in the states). I can hardly imagine fulltime mama-ing without a little downtime vis-a-vis la television. My escape technique is excursions. Go somewhere where someone else will entertain/interact with Sol.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:40 AM

Poor Mr. Juice and his sore 'nads. So tell me why he didn't cater to you postpartum?

Crunchberry. Ha.

I'm going to the cake party. Which will totally ruin my WW for the week. Oh well.

Sigh. I hate having to take meds, even if they're supposedly ok for BFing. Sigh.

I want to do the Santa mall thing but think Lily will have none of it. She is big into doing exactly the opposite of what we ask her to do, so prodding her to go sit on the lap of some big red bearded man will prolly be low on her list. Although she might bite if we really convince her it's Santa. Don't know. Depends on which way the wind is blowing that day, I guess.

Nice to see Fiddle and Luke and Bump today.

OK, not feeling very inspired. Feeling kinda out of sorts with Lily today. She's a whine factory and it really is getting under my skin.

S.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:25 AM

hoping to get to the pdx cake party next saturday... it will all depend on what's on the schedule around here.

M let my mom "go night-night" with him tonight instead of me. (bill's plane got detoured to the Portland Int'l Airport instead of out here at the local Hillsboro Airport so he's still en route home instead of putting M to bed.) and S is sleeping under a heavy blanket on the couch in the front living room. he's weird like me and likes heavy-feeling blankets instead of light small ones. :

catching up on some email and reading... g'night and good weekend, garlic-friendly mamas... :

~claudia
Old 12-02-2006, 12:09 PM

Sarah, tell me about your meds? I don't recall what the sitch is. I am sorry 'bout the out of sorts. I am frequently out of them myself, so I can relate.

Mr. Juice's sore 'nads!!! :
Old 12-02-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
Poor Mr. Juice and his sore 'nads. So tell me why he didn't cater to you postpartum?
I think his definition of "catering" is just very different from his definition of "being catered to" if you know what I mean. There's a different intensity expected when you are the cater-ee. He's handling it pretty well, though, and seems to be feeling better today. At one point last night he kind of groaned and said, "I PAID someone to do this to me??"

Quote:
Sigh. I hate having to take meds, even if they're supposedly ok for BFing. Sigh.

I want to do the Santa mall thing but think Lily will have none of it. She is big into doing exactly the opposite of what we ask her to do, so prodding her to go sit on the lap of some big red bearded man will prolly be low on her list. Although she might bite if we really convince her it's Santa. Don't know. Depends on which way the wind is blowing that day, I guess.

OK, not feeling very inspired. Feeling kinda out of sorts with Lily today. She's a whine factory and it really is getting under my skin.

S.
on the meds.
How about that toddler antagonism? Allison just loves to tell me NO. It doesn't matter what it is, just NO because you suggested it, mom. Three minutes later she might ask for the same thing, and now that it's her idea it's great.
If anybody ever figures out how to deal with whining without inspiring more whining, I'd love to hear about it!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:42 PM

Threadkiller here would like to start some December conversation. Can we play Five Random Things?
Tell us 5 random things that we probably don't know. I'll start:

1. I have a third nipple and
2. It lactates! (elsanne already knew these two, so I guess I'm cheating)
3. My favorite color is purple
4. DH is cooking dinner right now (even just 24 hrs post-V)
5. I'm afraid my maybaby is going to introduce her two dogs as "Gypsy" and "Tobydammit"

(6. I'm still really glad I found you all, and I'm feeling more comfortable here by the day, but I still feel a bit like an intruder and I'm working to get over it)
Old 12-02-2006, 09:08 PM

Hmmm. Five whole things you all don't know about me. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

1. I'm left-handed (boring).
2. When I was little I truly thought I would be "a Supreme Court Justice."
3. I learned how to swim in salt water when I was under a year old. (Really! My mom has pictures!)
4. I used to be pretty darn good at playing the viola, but haven't touched it in about 8 years.
5. I grew up on a farm in Virginia with cows and chickens, a rabbit, numerous cats and dogs, and a donkey. Did you guys know that already? I forgot.

Oop, gotta go.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:11 PM

I love these roundtable response thingies. I think we should have to connect up/'fess up with other MMs' random things, so I'll admit that I have a vestigal 3rd nipple, too (but it doesn't lactate).

My 5 things:

(1) I've never, ever, ever been able to turn a cartwheel, and I never, ever, ever will be able to.:
(2) I've never been drunk (or have I admitted to this before?)
(3) If I could get away without taking a single shower all winter, I'd do it (and I think I'm slowly working in that direction ).
(4) I really like the movie Beavis and Butthead Do America (I guess because it's so mindlessly stupid and wrong, and y'all know I have a very potty sense of humor).
(5) Sometimes, I wonder if my kids' nostrils are too large (T especially). But they're probably just fine.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:17 PM

X-posted... I'm a lefty, too. So far, T and Z are righties, L is my only hope.

Upon further inspection of the whole biodiesel thing, I think we're going to hold off. It looks like waste veggie oil (the feedstock) is really hard to come by here (because a private BD co. is already buying most of it up). It would also be a lot of work (which I could handle, but which would take away time from other stuff that I should be doing). And we'd have to get another vehicle ($$), which seems counter-intuitive to trying to save the Earth.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:27 PM

Hmmm...

1) I, too, always thought I would grow up to be a lawyer/SC justice. Who knew I always wanted to be like Sarah even at age 10! I obviously didn't go that route, but married one (a lawyer) instead.

2) In my early twenties, I worked in an auto body/repair shop and even had uni's w/ a name patch.

3) My DH does most of the laundry most of the time...even the diaper laundry! : I'm totally not housewife material.

4) I wish I had a dog.

5) AF came and went and hypothetical number three is totally not happening any time soon or at least perhaps not til the end of next summer I think.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:58 PM

KK, you've NEVER been DRUNK??!! Wow. That's amazing. I mean, I've only been REALLY drunk maybe about, oh, 3 or 4 times, but still. Tipsy way more than that.

Heather, how cool you worked in an auto repair shop. I wish I had those kind of skilzzzz.

And I'm really glad I don't have a dog. I don't even like my cat. : Although I like cats in general, just not *my* cat. He's too much like a dog - loud, dirty, and high-maintenance.

Love you guys.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:28 PM

i shall now hold my nose when i read kk's posts. and isaac is a lefty!

i'll try to think of 5 things. i think you know everything about me, i swear.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:18 PM

must also think about 5 things...
hmmm...
Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 PM

1) I also have never been drunk. But I've been tipsy 10-ish times. Don't know if that counts.

2) The childhood author that has most affected my adult belief system is Madeline L'Engle.

3) I think I've shaved my legs/armpits once since I got married, and probably less than 10 times since I became an adult.

4) I gave L a quick swat on the butt the other day when I was angry at thim. First time. Totally stupid and spontaneous and ineffective. He just kept doing what he was doing, probably because I give him love pats on the butt all the time when I'm nursing, and he had no idea I was trying to make him SUFFER. : I then proceded to more effective discipline. (Got down on his level, serious voice, expected him to make ammends, which he did).

5) In college I was the swing dance queen of my dormatory. Taught many a guy to dance.

It is adorable watching L and Sarah interact.

User Tag List