We're Toddlering Now!! Nov 05 mamas, it's December!!!! - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 340 Old 12-30-2006, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
getting married sounds like it is going to be totally amazing! im so so happy for you.

to you this month!

our big news is that we are guying a van.. but not just any van.. its going to be a biodiesel/veggie oil powered beast. we wont sacrifice the earth for our want to be mobile, so we have searched high and low and finally found some really amazing japanese minivans (mitsubishi delica)..or actually SUV's we checked a few out yesterday at a dealership..timothy drove one (they are right hand drive..which is kinda weird, but fine too) and they have so many neet features.. the big one has 8 seats..they all swivel so you can have them facing any way you want..or they lay flat or the fold up to the sides.. there is a cooler, icebox and warming box in them and skylights in the roof!
it looks like this...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:L300_Nearside.jpg
and the one we will probably buy is white, so it looks almost exactly like this but ours is the high roof model, so its bigger.
im excited because it means that we will have freedom to go wherever we want and they are big enough to camp in if need be. so this year we will be stopping by to visit some of you on our way to mexico and beyond..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 of 340 Old 12-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Congratulations! I am excited for you! We were looking into vans. I didn't even hear of one like this though... how much are they?

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#333 of 340 Old 12-30-2006, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

OMG Fern that is exactly the same van we are going to buy!!!! Wow great minds think alike hey? We need to sell our truck first though because we can't park 3 vehicles at our place. I have to get DH on that because those mitsubishis are going fast and they are changing the import rules soon so they won't be available anymore.

Nothing much new here, except Rowan's cold seems to be getting worse, not better, and I can't figure out why. I don't think it's anything more than a cold since she's as energetic and happy as ever, her nose just keeps producing SO much snot. I am sick of snot. SOOOOO sick of snot. :

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#334 of 340 Old 12-30-2006, 03:01 PM

Ack, I am reading and keeping up with you all, but don't have time to post as much as I would like, or respond to everyone!

Amy- SOOOO sorry you 'busted your arse'! How scary, too, that you were holding Brynn! Is there anything you can do to help it to heal, or is giving it time all you can do? Exciting about your dh's job prospects! Would you definitely be moving?

Fern- yay about the van!

DiD- so great to hear your partner got a job! I can't believe you are going to have a baby in a couple months already!

zjande- yikes about the chicken- sounds frightening and painful for the poor thing!

sphughy- I really hope rowan gets over her illness soon and is snot-free!
#335 of 340 Old 12-30-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post
OMG Fern that is exactly the same van we are going to buy!!!! Wow great minds think alike hey? We need to sell our truck first though because we can't park 3 vehicles at our place. I have to get DH on that because those mitsubishis are going fast and they are changing the import rules soon so they won't be available anymore.
that is way too funny! yeah they are changing the laws.. its stupid because they are so much better vehicles that the american made ones.. but i guess its a threat to the economy or whatever. as it is they can only import ones that are 15 years old or older..so there ae tons of nice newer ones waiting to be loved by someone, but they cant bring there here

we are going to pay around 9000$ for ours.. there is also a toyota model similar..also with 7 or 8 seats that fold and swivel and stuff.. but they are said to be less reliable and so forth. we want one we can go camping in and the delica is its a 4X4 with a truck chasie..they are in high demand these days..so we are going to get one really soon. they just seem really rad through and through.

i hear that the vancover island custom imports in parksville is a good place to get them and there is a mechanic in coombs who knows lots about them too.

ive decided that if we are going to have a car i might as well be able to fix it..so im going to learn how to be a mechanic in the coming months

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#336 of 340 Old 12-30-2006, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
that is way too funny! yeah they are changing the laws.. its stupid because they are so much better vehicles that the american made ones.. but i guess its a threat to the economy or whatever. as it is they can only import ones that are 15 years old or older..so there ae tons of nice newer ones waiting to be loved by someone, but they cant bring there here

:

we are going to pay around 9000$ for ours.. there is also a toyota model similar..also with 7 or 8 seats that fold and swivel and stuff.. but they are said to be less reliable and so forth.
ive decided that if we are going to have a car i might as well be able to fix it..so im going to learn how to be a mechanic in the coming months

That's not a bad price at all! You are looking at much more for a newer van that doesn't even have the pluses you mentioned. And to learning how to be your own mechanic-

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#337 of 340 Old 12-31-2006, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

I just have to tell you guys about the cutest thing Rowan did. I gave her some bocconcini balls in her snack trap in the kitchen, and she just spent the last five minutes taking one or two out, running into the living room to her "eating spot", eating them, running back to the kitchen for some more, back to her eating spot to eat them... it's not like her snack trap isn't totally portable, I guess she just decided that it belonged in the kitchen, but she needed to eat in her eating spot. The eating spot is entirely her invention - aside from meals at the table, she's always been free to eat wherever she wants, but whenever anyone gives her food, she takes it to one corner of the dog's bed, sits down, and munches away until it's gone.

She is just such a little bundle of cuteness. DH posted a video of her newest trick - saying "bye bye" and waving like the queen.

So, new year's resolutions, anyone? I am going to go off refined carbohydrates completely for at least 3 months, in the hopes of improving my energy levels and overall health, and maybe dropping a few pounds too. I'm also going to start doing a 20 min workout at the gym at work and working all day at the office and pumping in the afternoon (I'm pretty sure pump breaks don't count as part of lunch breaks where I work, but I am going to check on that.) So I will have longer days away from Rowan () but hopefully more energy for her on the weekends.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#338 of 340 Old 12-31-2006, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post
So, new year's resolutions, anyone? I am going to go off refined carbohydrates completely for at least 3 months,
Dang girl. More power to you! Keep us updated; I will cheer you on and live vicariously through your fitness!

I know what you mean about the bundle of cuteness. I think of 100 things a day that I want to post, but then don't have time or forget when I actually sit down to write! One funny and weird thing (not so much cute, but memorable): last night, DH had a glass of red wine and for some reason decided to give Brynn a taste. She LOVED it; she flipped out and kept reaching for the glass and *begging* for more. I could not believe it. She has never acted that way for any other food or drink. DH said that he heard in a college psych class he took that babies prefer the taste of alcohol to water. Isn't that bizarre?

No news on my friend Rebecca. The amio was on Friday, and we haven't gotten a call or email so I 'm not sure if I should assume it's bad news for them or not. She said the amnio results would take two weeks, but they were also getting a level two ultrasound, which I would assume would allow them to see craniofacial abnormalities or the like, if there were any there to see. So I'm really just wondering if they are doing OK. I called yesterday and left a message but didn't hear back from them at all, so I will just wait to hear from them.

OMG Spughy I just watched your video, and that was hilariously adorable!!! OK, I am going to have to post some video of Brynnie doing something cute, because one thing that was sooooo cool about seeing Rowan on video rather than just photos was hearing her voice!! I think Brynn has kind of a less high-pitched, even sometimes gravelly voice, for the most part. Although when she says some words, it's very high pitched (like, "Hi!"). One really adorable thing she does is says "Meowwwwwwwwww" like 1000 times a day and it crakes me up every time. I will try to capture that one tomorrow and share it with you. Spughy, how did you store your video so that I could just click on it and it would open my media player? You can PM me about that if you want to.

Well this party animal is off to read for a few moments, and then probably pass out in bed. Not from partying, mind you; from exhaustion. Such an exciting life!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#339 of 340 Old 01-01-2007, 12:32 PM

I started the new thread for us - hop on over!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#340 of 340 Old 01-03-2007, 01:36 PM

One is walking, talking, talking back, dropping things and saying uh-oh and all that jazz.... She's Ms. Sassy pants for sure!

My son is a little behind. He walks, but only if he has something in sight. He does alot of sofa cruising. I keep kicking around disorders such as sensory, autism, etc..

I'm really hoping he's not autistic. We had ECI come to the house and evaluate him. He is just slightly behind on most of the development skills, however, his social skills, they had him rated as a 7-8 month old. I'd like to think he's just an independent soul. He does smile and interact with me, just not with his sister. So, who knows.

I've got to stay off the web though. I'm starting to become obsessed and sad when I look at the web. We all want our children to be perfect.

Ah, well, I digress. Hello to all and I've missed you. Being a momma to twins is alot of work!

Hugs to all and I look forward to 'catching' up!

Christy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page