He's two! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-28-2003, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I now have a two-year-old, since Saturday, April 26. Hard to believe that two years have gone by and at the same time it seems like it's been a long two years. So much has happened in terms of his growth and changes with him, it's amazing. At his birthday party watching him get worked into a frenzy by the excitement and commotion I was hit by the realization of just how fleeting it all is and there'll be a time when I'm arguing with him over some teenage thing. A cousin was there with her thirteen-year-old and dh's sister with her four-month-old and it suddenly seemed like one big loop or something like that. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, just that it seems so hard to appreciate him for exactly who is at a given moment and not be yearning for him to get past a stage or problem, learn to speak more clearly, be able to be more patient, etc.

He's as curious and active and prone to trouble as Curious George the monkey, his current obsession is scribbling on anything and everything with markers, his speech is now dominated by 'mine' and 'my _____', he's affectionate to the point of being downright amorous, he's playing nicely (most of the time) with other kids or anyway in their company), he loves pushing his stroller, not riding in it, loves to "nurt" (nurse) still and I can't imagine him being any less passionate about it, loves to be naked, is experimenting with sitting on the toilet, loves to try to take off and put on his clothing, very forthright and extroverted (leans out the window saying 'hi' to people on the street.) I mean, he's a two-year-old!

That was my appreciation of him, as he is today.
#2 of 7 Old 04-28-2003, 03:11 PM

It sounds like you have an incredible little guy! What you wrote was beautiful.

We're approaching 2 this summer....bittersweet....

Jennifer
#3 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your repy. Have fun with your two-year-od!

I think what this is partly about is that I realize that I won't have any more children and so for me holding my own little infant is now a thing of the past. Until ds has his own kids if that happens and I'm around to enjoy it. Now i know why the grandparents hankered for grandchildren so hard.
#4 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jempd
Now i know why the grandparents hankered for grandchildren so hard.
Yep, lol. I know what you mean.

Jennifer
#5 of 7 Old 04-30-2003, 03:28 AM

jempd ~

Our ds's are Exactly the same age! I can't believe my baby is 2 already!

I already miss my "little baby" but it is so amazing watching him grow up! and (though I wouldn't have thought it possible from the first moment I saw him) it keeps getting better! I am so in love!

I'd like to say more, but I am tired and my head is foggy with allergies, so instead I am going to tear myself away from the computer...

Happy Birthday to our boys!
#6 of 7 Old 04-30-2003, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Even weirder is that Phineas was on our list of names! Someone I know had a boy named Phineas and I thought it was a really cool name.

What time of day was your son born? Mine was 1:15 pm.
#7 of 7 Old 05-01-2003, 08:50 PM

Oh wow, that's crazy! Phineas was born at 5:13 a.m.

I've never known any real life Phineas's before (one acquaintance went by it, but it wasn't his real name).. My dad is into genealogy and after ds was born (and named) he discovered one in our family tree..

I think it's so cool that Phineas was on your list too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page