How do you organize your toddler's clothes?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-28-2003, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've keep folding dd's clothes, and putting them in baskets under the changing table. Some nicer ones I hung in the closet with our clothes.
With baby #2 coming, I will have to clear the changing table and think of another place for dd1's clothes- any suggestions/ideas?
I saw a children's closet organizer from One Step Ahead, it has double rods for haning clothes and a 5-shelf rack for folded clothes. Not sure if it's worth the $$$? My concern is dd has open access and starts pulling off the clothes!! There was a point when she was doing that with her clothes in the baskets, just threw everything out onto the floor in a pile!!

How do you do it??
#2 of 9 Old 04-28-2003, 01:27 PM

I got tired of constantly having disorganized clothes and piles of clothes being pulled out from the dresser, I hung everything up and put only pajama's, socks and underwear in the drawers. Much easier. The problem conitinues as they get older when they want to change their outfits constantly. Even with clothes hung up I still have probs somedays when my older 2 can pull down their clothes and leave them in a heap on the floor. For my toddler it is essential to have things up or she is constantly in her clothes!

momofthree
#3 of 9 Old 04-29-2003, 01:29 AM

if you have a closet with some floor space, maybe try some of those stackable plastic bin thingies. i find them all the time at thrift stores and rummage sales, rather than buy them at target. but even if you buy them new it hink they are like 5 bucks each or something, so thats still cheap. ( i find them for like a buck) they are hard to describe...you know the kind that are open in front, & have short legs that stack into each other? (of course it will only work if your closet is childproof) . i have 3 stacked in my closet right now holding cloth diapers, but now after reading this thread i am thinking i will put ds's clothes in there instead . ( i have a new place for diapers, plus diapers are easier to put away than clothes.) with three stacked i still have room to hang his sweaters and shirts above them.

anyway then you arent making some huge investment if you decide later you would rather use a dresser or something.
#4 of 9 Old 04-29-2003, 02:00 AM

We use a dresser. Socks, onesies, undershirts, and PJs are in the top drawer, shirts in the second drawer, pants/shorts in the third drawer, and clothes that don't fit yet in the bottom drawer. The drawers aren't easy to open -- we made sure of that when we bought it.
#5 of 9 Old 04-29-2003, 03:31 AM

We're happy. I got 2 plastic dressers at Fred Meyer in primary colors. 1/child. Top has shirts, etc. 2nd has pants, etc. 3rd has jammies or 1 pieces.

Works great. Ds 2 y.o. picks out his own clothes and can even put the laundry away.

Socks I have in a little basket in the changing area. I screwed it above his reach and I can just reach in and grab a pair as nec.

Folding is beyond us.
#6 of 9 Old 04-29-2003, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by becoming
We use a dresser. Socks, onesies, undershirts, and PJs are in the top drawer, shirts in the second drawer, pants/shorts in the third drawer, and clothes that don't fit yet in the bottom drawer. The drawers aren't easy to open -- we made sure of that when we bought it.
this is what we do. We have a large closet so ds is oblivious to the dresser with his clothes.
#7 of 9 Old 04-30-2003, 12:22 AM

I have two hangins shoe shelf things in my closet. Not the kind with pockets, rather the kind with shelves. I pair up outfits and stick one per shelf. I don't do any folding; I just stick them in there. Unfoturnately, dd can open the closet, so I can't really use the lowest shelves because she just distributes the clothes about. DH and I have an agreement, though that dd can only play with clean clothes, that way any clothes laying about, we know are clean. Her dirty laundry is behind a baby gate.
#8 of 9 Old 04-30-2003, 12:35 AM

Exactly the same as becoming and flores.

Ds puts away his own laundry about half of the time because the system is so easy to keep track of!
#9 of 9 Old 04-30-2003, 12:41 AM

I folded his clothes in the begining HA.
How I lay then out in piles of short, long sleeves,pants, overalls, shots. Each in a drawer.
I like to hang my clothes but its hard to hang tiny clothes

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page