You Know You're the Parent of a Toddler When... - Page 32 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#931 of 940 Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtob&t View Post
BTW, we get band aids 60 for a dollar at our dollar store, and we sort of "buy in bulk" by getting several packs at once! LOL! And no matter where they are hidden, she can find them!!!
I buy them 60 for $2-something at Target, because I get the fabric ones. I think the Dollar store ones are plastic. And believe me, the fabric ones are harder to eat (plus they stay on better in the bathtub... nothing like dealing with a screaming meltdown that includes large amounts of water when the band-aid comes floating off... ).

I don't hide them. I keep them WAYYYY up high...

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#932 of 940 Old 07-30-2009, 06:09 PM

when you dont remember the last time you went to go pee alone.
or shower.
or eat.

When you wonder where those strange bruises that woke up with come from when you cosleep.

When you wonder when you will ever be able to have quite for more than 15 seconds without questions about why? when? where? who? about every little thing.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#933 of 940 Old 07-30-2009, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

YKYtPoaTW you hear the phrase "We don't draw with popsicles" coming out of your mouth.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

#934 of 940 Old 07-31-2009, 12:22 PM

When you're not so surprised to find your cell phone in the fridge or one small sandal in the bathroom vanity.

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

#935 of 940 Old 07-31-2009, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When the VCR player has both a VCR tape AND a DVD in it

When you have to "start" the apple before handing it over

When you're saying, "I love you TOO!" 50,000 times a day

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#936 of 940 Old 08-03-2009, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My son is a preschooler now, but:

You know you have been the parent of a toddler when you see a very small shoe in the middle of a deserted sidewalk and do not find that odd at all, because you can think of 35 different ways it might have ended up there.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#937 of 940 Old 08-04-2009, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
you have ever pulled over because you were *laughing too hard* to continue driving....

Small voice in the back of the van today "Where are my TOES?!"

........and the answer "They're in your boots, I hope anyway".....brings tremendous relief to the owner of the little voice, who hasn't worn her cowgirl boots in awhile, LOL

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
#938 of 940 Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 PM

ykytpoatw...

You've had to assure a very distressed little girl that it's perfectly okay to flush the toilet because the poop has to go through that hole in order to go home and find its mommy.

...and you think nothing whatsoever of telling this story repeatedly to the little girl because it's the only thing that calms her down when it's time to flush.

(I just remembered this because DD, who is now almost 4, just started talking about Mommy and Baby poops again the other day out of the blue.)

The following sentence was spoken yesterday to a 6 year old, but it reminded me of this thread:

"Honey, please try not to spit the toothpaste on the cat, okay?" (Kitten had gotten in the sink while he was brushing...)

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

#939 of 940 Old 08-10-2009, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
When you say, "no, baby... I know that was right next to Mommy's makeup and you watch mommy put makeup on her face... but toothpaste goes on a toothbrush, not on your cheek."

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#940 of 940 Old 08-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Harmony96 - CUTE BABY!!!!!!!

YKYTPOATW
- you find it adorable and hilarious that, in her quiet disappointment, dd collapses onto her knees, then puts her head to the floor and lies in a child's pose for a minute, until she composes herself over some sort of frustration
- your pouting baby is mad at you and all you have to do is flash her the boob and that's the peace offering that works
- after nursing you are picking pieces of oatmeal off your boob
- your child nurses, stops to lick her lollipop, nurses some more, and offers you her lolly

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page