Busy little boy! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2003, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh my! This busy little boy is keeping me on my toes lately! I just bought new latches for our screen doors because ds figured out how to open them. As of yesterday I hadn't put them up yet. So, I'm washing dishes and he's doing his own thing. Our plan is for me to finish the dishes and we were going to go outside and play with the dog. All of a sudden, you know, that split second where you realize it is WAAAYYY too quiet?? So, I go looking for him. His new game is to hide when you''re busy so you can find him. He hides in corners, under beds(complete with little feet sticking out) it's too cute. Check the dog crate(his new favorite hiding place), behind the shower curtain(his other hiding place)....no sign of him. Into his room I go and the back door is wide open. He is out in the backyard, with the dog, wearing my blue fuzzy slippers, playing catch. I asked him how he opened the lock and he told me he used his horse. One of those horse head on a stick things. Knocked the latch out. He got a stern talking to, while inside I was dying because it was so cute. He wanted to go out and he did. The new latch will be going up tomorrow!

So, after the escape, I'm back to finishing the dishes, he's playing in the living room. He follows me as I toss in a load of laundry. I go upstairs and he's lagging behind in the basement. No big deal, he likes to turn off the light and close the door for me. A minute later he comes running into the kitchen, drags his chair to the drawer, pulls out a screwdriver and leaves. I give him a couple minutes and go see what he's up to. He's standing on the basement stairs(there are only 5 of them) blowing bubbles out of the huge jug of bubbles he got for Easter. I ask him what he was doing with the screwdriver. He points to the foil on the top of the bubble container and tells me, "womp(which means open)". He wanted his bubbles opened and found a way to do it.

I am scared that my 2 1/2 year old is smarter than me. He figures out things faster than I can. I am scared to do dishes now he might get in the car and take off!! I love watching his little brain work. He is amazing, smart and making me crazy! I love 2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2003, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my son is 8 months and he is the busiest boy i ever seen you tell him no and he laughs at u i refuse to slap or hit or anything of the sort. I usually hold his hands and tell him no or just kepp pulling him away. He is also a biter mt solution is I poke his cheek or mouth and tell him no or if hes nursing i take him off and dont feed him anymore until later. I also have issues with nletting him cry i cant lol. I let him cry himself to sleep in his swing the other day and it broke my heart. I guess someday it willl catch up with me and hell be my boss but for now it works. Youll find a way to do it that works for u both. Good luck.

User Tag List