Britax Boulevard for a newborn? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just wondering if anyone has started a newborn in a Boulevard. I have my 1 year old in one and I love it, but I'm due with #2 in February and I'm debating over which carseat to buy. Either and infant seat or another Boulevard. I just can't imagine a tiny peanut in that monstrous seat, but it says 5lbs and up.

I'd love to hear your experiences!

Heather-- I'm a <>< SAHM of two fabulous boys 8/05 and 2/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 01:37 AM

Although we used an infant seat until dd was about 13 lbs, we then bought both a Blvd and a Decathalon. I do have to say that dd prefers the Decathalon b/c it has the infant insert and it just "hugs" her so good she goes right off to sleep. It looks super comfortable! The Blvd has the same bottom part of the infant insert of the Decathalon but not the head part so we use one of those around the head padding thingamajigs when she's in the Blvd and she likes it like that.

HTH

Julie
Old 12-16-2006, 02:05 AM

Here's recent thread that might be helpful.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=577166

I've been trying to answer your question for myself and it seems like it is going to depend on the baby's torso length at birth.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:13 AM

My DD is 14 months now. We had a Maxi Cosi (European car seat sold on E-bay) because it was a 12 month bucket which at the time we couldn't find in the US. I never even bought the attachment so that the car seat could go on the stroller. We used it in the car only. We either carried her in a front pack or we used a carrier cot stroller. I have seen so many babies practically living in there car seat in my area. I just turned me off of the whole thing. If I did it all over again I would have gone with a convertible. I love the Maxi Cosi brand. Our convertible seat has five sleeping positions. The best part about the car seat is that instead of LATCH with all those belts it has ISO-FIX which are metal clips attached to the car seat that clip into the LATCH on the car. I can install my car seat while holding my baby in one arm, it has a 5 star safety rating with in the US. I don’t think I explained ISO-FIX very well but if anyone is interested in a different brand out side of US check out www.maxi-cosi.com
Old 12-16-2006, 11:49 AM

you know what is great about the infant car seat ? the companion snap-n-go. I loved being able to let my infant fall asleep in the car seat while on an errand and then smoothly transition both my dd and later my ds into the snap-n-go adn then back into the car. the snap-n-go became my shopping cart many times. very nice for both mom and baby. there is one thing I never like to do and that's wake up a sleeping babe! Good luck with your decision!

User Tag List