toddler bath tub - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-16-2006, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any suggestions?? we don't have a bath tub in our place just a shower stall.. we are borrowing a bath tub right now but would like one of our own.. any suggestions...

we're expecting number two.. and although the little one won't be going in right away.. i would like a tub that could hand two little ones
#2 of 10 Old 12-17-2006, 12:04 AM

This one won't hold two kiddos, but we have a blow-up duck bath that we put into our regular tub that ds loves! He is only 15 months, but he's about 34" tall and he fits in it well. I know it won't last forever, but it was inexpensive and it makes me feel like he's safe. It might be a good temporary solution for you. We got it at Kmart, but I know I've seen it many other places too.

Heather-- I'm a <>< SAHM of two fabulous boys 8/05 and 2/07
#3 of 10 Old 12-17-2006, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherb917 View Post
This one won't hold two kiddos, but we have a blow-up duck bath that we put into our regular tub that ds loves! He is only 15 months, but he's about 34" tall and he fits in it well. I know it won't last forever, but it was inexpensive and it makes me feel like he's safe. It might be a good temporary solution for you. We got it at Kmart, but I know I've seen it many other places too.
We have the duck too! I tried to put G in the regular tub, but I had anxiety attacks trying to keep him safe so we are back using the duck. You use less water as well.

I've never seen an actual baby bath that would hold two kiddos.

Alicia DH Mike DS Gage Lola & Zeus Fishy Dishy, Charkey and Shark
RIP Sidney 1994-2010 RIP Charlie Brown 2008-2010
#4 of 10 Old 12-17-2006, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

is this the one you're talking about?
Snug-TubDeluxe

there is one customer image with two kiddos in it... but they look pretty squished and the older boy looks like he's about to get out.

i've done some hunting on the internet and there doesn't seem to be a lot of selection..

right now we have the one step ahead bath i like that it suctions to the wall.. since we just leave it in the shower.. we have VERY limited storage at our place.. and he takes a bath almost everyday..

maybe we'll just get our own.. i'll do some more research and see if anyone else has a fabulous tub they suggest

thank you all for your comments
#5 of 10 Old 12-17-2006, 12:49 PM

I have that snug tub deluxe and LOVE IT!
I have a shower stall also and I got it when I was pregnant with my son because I couldn't bend over a tub. My daughter will be 2 on Tuesday and she still uses it.
I've had it for almost a year and it's pretty rugged. It's also pretty big.
It's great to travel with and easy to blow up.
I got mine online but I did just see it at Babies-R-Us.
#6 of 10 Old 12-17-2006, 01:41 PM

The kitchen sink might work. You could put one kiddo on each side if a single side isn't big enough.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#7 of 10 Old 12-17-2006, 05:09 PM

http://store.babycenter.com/product/...sc=true&page=1

We have this one and I love it. I think it might work well for you because it has a toddler and baby side (the baby side the baby can lay down as in an infant tub--very secure and comfy) facing the toddler side where a very good sized toddler can sit. My sons still fit in it at nearly 3 just fine.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#8 of 10 Old 12-17-2006, 11:45 PM

Here is a link for the duck bath. It says it is for up to 24 months, but like I said, I have a pretty tall guy that fits securely but comfortably.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000066665

It looks similar in concept to the one you linked to. The duck has a flap with a hole on the end so you can hang it on the wall or door with a nail or suction cup hook.

Heather-- I'm a <>< SAHM of two fabulous boys 8/05 and 2/07
#9 of 10 Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgrace View Post
http://store.babycenter.com/product/...sc=true&page=1

We have this one and I love it. I think it might work well for you because it has a toddler and baby side (the baby side the baby can lay down as in an infant tub--very secure and comfy) facing the toddler side where a very good sized toddler can sit. My sons still fit in it at nearly 3 just fine.
I have this one, too. It is really quite large. When I put it in the bathtub it almost takes up the whole space! I quit using it once he could sit well on his own because it was just easier to put water in the actual tub. When he was itty bitty I just put some water in it and used it on the bathroom floor instead of in the tub or shower stall. It's worth a look. I got ours at BRU.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#10 of 10 Old 12-18-2006, 12:04 PM

How about one of those giant rubbermaid tubs?You could even put a whole in the bottom of one of the sides to make drain for it.You can buy corks or plugs in craft stores.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page