My 2 year old's yellow teeth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2007, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have read so much on flouride not being good for you, so I have been using an all natural toothpaste without flouride on my 2 year old daughter. BUT, her teeth are so yellow, even though we brush them twice a day and have been since she's had her first tooth. The other day I tried using toothpaste with flouride and her teeth definitely looked whiter. Now I am not sure what to do. Has anybody else had this problem?

Mara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2007, 03:18 AM

:

I have the same problem with my 2 year old!

Unschooling mama to one 5 year old DD.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:30 PM

Hmmm....I'm thinking it isn't he lack of flouride at all since that doesn't whiten but supposedly strengthens from cavities. What type of paste are you using? Perhaps you need a different brand or an electric toothbrush or look at what she is eating/drinking that might be causing discoloration. Or is it possibly inherited? I'm thrown a bit because they got whiter with the other paste so I think I'd try a different (flouride free personally) toothpaste and/or an electric toothbrush. My boys have never had flouride and don't have that problem so I really wouldn't think that is it.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

Old 01-01-2007, 04:53 PM

FWIW, fluoridated toothpaste is not recommended until the child is old enough to spit it out. And like the pp said, fluoride doesn't whiten. There must be other differences between the two pastes, besides the fluoride.

Mama to three  

User Tag List