May 2004 mamas finding happiness & fulfillment in the new year! (& maybe riches) - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lisa, I am keeping Alison (and you, and your little ones, the inside one and the outside one) in my thoughts tonight. I'm so glad you you guys have a connection with this OB (I keep thinking about the whole deciding on a caregiver thing many moons ago..). I really hope that Alison can let go and not worry. Even though yeah, the baby's head is not down, nothing bad has happened (I hope that makes sense; I'm saying that very sincerely). The baby still can turn. The chances of something "bad" happening are truly very slim. 42 wks is coming, but she's not there yet. But I'm glad you can be there for her.

And Ferny, you sound great, very calm. I'm thinking of you all the time, too. Did I miss what your birthing plans are? (if you want to share, there's always yg)

Each night, I wonder if there will be a baby or two in the morning. One of these days. Pg never lasts forever (thank goodness!).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsmom View Post
I was on an electron diet but now I am gorging I guess.

My MMF surprise came yesterday, right when I was feeling really low, and it was a great decorated MMF sketchbook with pencils and a ouch to put them in. Totally PURRRFECT!.. Love it. and the MM was TC
Now I will gorge myself on DDR since I am using electrons again...
ooh, yay! i'm so glad you like it. (and it's not an "ouch" to put them in, but a Pouch to put them in, for all those playing the "let me guess what she actually meant to type" game.)

so are all the MMF gifties accounted for now? i know jstar was still a-waitin'...

KK got hers
i got mine
mcsarahb got hers
fiddle got hers

roll call for gifties...

(did whoever get their mexican one from els?)

both boys asleep and bill on crazy stupid late conference call, so i'm going to watch some tivo...

virtual candles:

for lisa & alison's babe...

for fiddle

~c
#393 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 10:07 AM

I am posting quickly because I think Rowan is tearin' it up in the other room! : I just hear him growling and things falling.
(maybe he's being a dinosaur. Who knows?)
Oh, and he's still coughing a bit, but he's pretty much all better.

Thinking of you all. It's a-gonna be a busy morning.
#394 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 PM

Ug, it's only 9:15 and I'm already behind. Unstructured days are torture sometimes.

My interview! Was great! It went so so well, and the subject was so gracious and patient with me. She told me all sorts of great new information and she was forthcoming and not guarded and open and and and. I was so excited to have finally finished my first interview. Now just 24 more to go!

Thinking turning, descending, opening like a flower thoughts today. Oh, babies. My own baby turns 10 weeks old today- welcome to the land of the double didgets, little sweet pea! Today? I want a girl. Tomorrow? probably a boy. Oh, creator! give me healthy, that's all I really want.

ranting, raving. time to go swimming! an hour late!
#395 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM

I think she did get the mexican one from els...didn't ya, mama of ? Tell me you did...it was mailed oh so long ago...

Lisa I have the card you sent along up on a mirror for when I face the day: it says, Surviving is Important, but Thriving is Elegant (maya angelou). Yeeeees. Some days, I truly believe I am thriving. And the passion drops! how fun. The bracelet is truly a fun toy for kids n adults alike, magnets never lose their appeal. It is on the stove at the moment. And the book is great! In all, a very thoughtful, thought-filled gift that seems to me like you really remembered ME and things I've said on this board.
#396 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 03:04 PM

my dsl was out at home this morning and i couldn't handle it because i NEED MORNING BABY UPDATES!!!!!

isaac insisted on underwear this morning. and did a potty at home. so i'm sure his teachers will love me today dh picked him up yesterday and didn't tell me he was out of dipes so i'm actually reallllllllllly hoping he uses the potty and keeps the underwear on since he only has 1 dipe there! wouldn't that be peachy? :

ok. gotta work
#397 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ack, it's snowing AGAIN. : I know, y'all think that because I live in CO, that this is the way winter is. But NO. This is NOT the way winter normally is (when you don't live up in the mts, where the snow is *supposed* to fall). If the old snow would just go away, I'd be less pissed about the new snow. And it's cold and getting colder (to the "too cold for babies and toddlers to be outside" range). This is not good for my mood. :

I noticed one of my favorite (aromatherapy) candles on a shelf that I haven't lit in a long time, and I'm going to light it and let it burn for a few hours this afternoon, for Ferny and Alison. (I'll save the Fern candle for when someone is actually on her way.)

Have I told you lately how much I like you? :

I was thinking about the May mamas last night and our ongoing fecundity, and it struck me that none of us have had *another* May baby (Megan and I came close, though). No one has had twins, either.

I feel super chatty, because I'm decluttering the office (where the computer is)...
#398 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

PS Is someone going to come up with a clever thread title tomorrow? Are our new babies going to be Feb babies?
#399 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 05:41 PM

KK--I think you just have increased the likelihood that I will have twins next May! We are going to start trying August-ish. Fraternal twins run in my side of the family!

Ick, ack, uck on the snow! Come visit me...it's been such a tame winter so far. But I totally kwym on the too cold to play front. My cutoff is usually somewhere around the 35-40mark depending on wind chill.

UNCLE! : Back at the peds AGAIN today for C and her swollen glands. Poor kid can't sleep. She was up until almost midnight last night because her neck hurt. Had to take her to the lab for bloodwork today and she did awesome! She also had the strep test at the peds..."I didn't like that special test at all!" but that was negative. Dr. Google says maybe some variety of cervical adenitis? Depending on how the bloodwork comes back we may go back for a PPD or discuss other tests.

The orthotist came to the house today to measure for her Sure Steps braces for her pronating/low tone issues. She picked the farm animal print of course and was a little miffed that she couldn't get them TODAY!

Mom meets w/ lawyer today...plan is rehab tomorrow?? Will update if this actually does happen.

Thinking of my MMF! and the new little ones arriving so very soon!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#400 of 412 Old 01-31-2007, 07:01 PM

WOW, heath...talk about crying "uncle"...you have stress in spades 'round there. I cannot believe it. I am glad that the ortho. are something that C will enjoy getting! Nice they are so trim. And swollen glands, and mom in rehab maybe!! Holy mackerel. It will certainly cut down on her DUI charges.
#401 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 02:01 AM

Just letting you all know that we have an external cephalic version appointment for Alison in the morning. I will let you all know how it goes.

Heather, I am so sorry that the difficult things are pouring on you right now. I hope the world lets up soon. s

Thank you - from the bottom of my heart - for being this amazing group of women. I am feeling the love for you all tonight. Your support has been so great.
#402 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 02:41 AM

MWAH to all, especially Lisa (and A.) and Heather. And Fiddle. And and and...anyone who needs it. Including myself.

TG I have tomorrow off of school. Just finished a paper that was due tonight at midnight.

Lily is being so amazingly sweet recently. I feel sooooo bad that she is with the nanny 9+ hours a day while DH is away, but she is just rolling with it and being so cool. We had a great dinner/bath/evening tonight and it just makes me cry to think about how much I miss her some days. At the same time school is so fascinating these days and I'm loving finally getting to the good stuff. I wish I could do more extra things for school - volunteering, extra clinic hours, etc., but I also want to spend more time at home. Seems like both things get the shaft. Sigh.

Lisa, I am glad you are in a good space with all this. I really hope the version works and all goes well after. I think your plan is great and well thought out.

Fiddle, I saw the almost-full moon this evening driving home and thought of you and W...eep! We'll meet him soon.

Claudia, Lily had fun with M the other day. A couple of times we've played with the animal beads and she's said, "M made me a necklace with those! He's a sweet boy!"

Must. Sleep.

S.
#403 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 02:41 AM

lisa & alison: i will be thinking of you tomorrow...

~c
#404 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
Claudia, Lily had fun with M the other day. A couple of times we've played with the animal beads and she's said, "M made me a necklace with those! He's a sweet boy!"
cute, cute, cute!
#405 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 03:54 AM

Argh- just lost a long post all about my birth plans. Way past bed time. Short story: giving birth in the hospital. Not my ideal, but had to choose the most workable thing in a less-than-ideal situation. Life is sometimes like that, I guess.

I'm thinking the full moon is gonna suck the babies out of both Allison and I on Friday.

However, if I have not given birth by Sunday, everyone light their candles at 3 pm pacific time. Those who live in PDX, if I'm still preggers, you are invited to my house any time between 3 pm and 7 pm for music and hanging out and generally partying this baby out of me. . Bring a lil something snacky, and a musical instrument or your voice.

OK, now it's really late and I am Soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired. Nighty night.
#406 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 AM

FF---I had to at your par-tay induction method...definitely seems his personality!! Forget the quiet, serene birthy thing....this boy wants to come into the world rockin' ...can't wait to meet the little fiddle!

Sarah--Your situation sounds so hard, but at the same time I'm so glad you have the opportunity to be doing the mw stuff now and have such great care for Lily. What a sweetie girl you have!

Lisa---lots of gentle turning vibes and relaxing visualizations for Alison and little one!!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something or someone, but couldn't miss this opportunity to be Goddess of the Morning! We have GI appts at 9!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#407 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 AM

Check out Heath over here! She beat me!
I have SO much to do online today (I've been neglecting my email and various other things I'm involved in online--and I am removing my information from as much of the internet as possible--I get SO MUCH SPAM! ) and so much to do at home...Rowan is singing quietly to himself and playing behind me, it is so sweet. He really is getting into playing by himself, and I'm like "well, you're gonna be an only, you'd better get used to it!" But right now he just asked me to come over to him and play, so I must answer the call.

Much love and warm thoughts to every single one of you. I will get my candle ready for Sunday, and there's one called "Relaxation" lit for Alison and little one right now!

Sorry my posts have been short as of late...but I'm here!
Have a great day, mamas.
#408 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 AM

Thinking of you and Alison and breech-but-soon-to-be-vertex baby! Hope the version is a success and not too scary!

gotta run, katie crying...
#409 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahb View Post
Lily is being so amazingly sweet recently. I feel sooooo bad that she is with the nanny 9+ hours a day while DH is away, but she is just rolling with it and being so cool. We had a great dinner/bath/evening tonight and it just makes me cry to think about how much I miss her some days.
Dang, mamacita, I hear this. You are doing amazing things, and very important work in this world. Lily will be all the better for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
Just letting you all know that we have an external cephalic version appointment for Alison in the morning. I will let you all know how it goes.
Can't wait to hear if it "took". Let us know!!! You both must be so anxious...I hope not...can't wait to hear who the heck is in her abdomen all upright like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlefern View Post

I'm thinking the full moon is gonna suck the babies out of both Allison and I on Friday.

This made me smile. I am soooo waiting to hear about your child!!! I have an altar all set up, a birthy altar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
I'm sure I'm forgetting something or someone, but couldn't miss this opportunity to be Goddess of the Morning! We have GI appts at 9!
Hi Heath! Hope the appts go smoothly. Much love to you.
#410 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 01:07 PM

i have a high probability of having another may baby. i am secretly hoping for jun 1 though just for variety's sake

checkin in on my birthy mamas this morning i saw the big moon too. good thoughts for the version this morning. and for the ferny frond. i'll be at a superbowl shindig sunday afternoon so i'll have to take my candle with me i think it is great that W is a loud/party/social creature with a big brother in the house
#411 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 01:57 PM

ok, so another just have to laugh thing about our posts...

whenever i see someone write "Heath", in my mind's reading voice, i can't stop myself from pronouncing it HEE-th instead of the HEH-th it would be if there were an e-r after it. so you are starting to become Heath, the butch mama, in my imagination, HF.

thinking of lisa of alison and new baby-to-arrive-sometime-soon... meant to ask, how is E doing?

ferny-friend: will plan on coming by on sunday if W hasn't shown up yet. funny about what you said that he might be an extrovert.

i can't believe no one started a february thread... should i start one? hmm... contemplating, contemplating...

~claudia
#412 of 412 Old 02-01-2007, 02:03 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page